Daz Studio 4.12 Pro, General Release! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• Jay Jay_1264499Jay Jay_1264499 Posts: 298
    edited September 2019
    Jay Jay said:
    Thanks for the reply

Quick question. Does the Face Transfer work on Genesis, 2, 3 etc or only 8.?.

thanks for the reply!

Thanks

8 Only

https://www.daz3d.com/face-transfer-unlimited

Post edited by Jay Jay_1264499 on
  • Thanks for the reply
  • galiengalien Posts: 136

I compared GPU memory usage for 3 different scenes on 4.11 and 4.12 on a GTX1070.

I found that with Optix X turned on GPU memory use was the same between 4.11 and 4.12.

With Optix X turned off, 4.11 used between 0.7Gb and 1.0 Gb less than 4.12 (4.12 used the same with Optix X turned on and off).

Can anyone verify this?

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,097

Thank you but...

No face transfer plug in for Mac users? That's just... not good. Very not good. How many Studio users, those of us who buy and use Daz content and have paid you significant amounts of money,  do so on Mac platforms? This is not just a small percentage of your customer base. For all of those people to be cut out of a significant upgrade is... and I'm cleaning up my language here because this really, really bleeps me off, not very good at all.

+1 I'm hopeful, though, that a Mac version of this face transfer plug in is being developed. I sure hope that's true. I can't tell you how I feel when I see a product described on the DAZ site with a note: Windows only.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,097

Again, for the Mac version of DAZ Studio 4.12: Catalina, the new Mac OS, is, it seems, just days away from release. Will 4.12 run in Catalina? I ask because Catalina has supposedly dropped Open GL and Open CL in favor of Metal. If DAZ Studio 4.12 will not work in Catalina, will there be a vesion of DAZ Studio that will work with Catalina, that is, Metal?

• AalaAala Posts: 140
    galien said:

I compared GPU memory usage for 3 different scenes on 4.11 and 4.12 on a GTX1070.

I found that with Optix X turned on GPU memory use was the same between 4.11 and 4.12.

With Optix X turned off, 4.11 used between 0.7Gb and 1.0 Gb less than 4.12 (4.12 used the same with Optix X turned on and off).

Can anyone verify this?

Yeah, OptiX has always been like that. In 4.12, at least with RTX GPU's, OptiX on or off has no effect as far as I know,

• edited September 2019

Having an issue with Face Transfer.  I purchased the Face Transfer package and trying to figure out a way of smoothing the skin out.  Since it is nearly impossible to get a shot where there isn't some shine off a flash or light, I get these strange highlights on the face.  Is there a way to easily clean the skin tone to a uniform skin tone to get rid of it?  Attached an image for example (circled hot spots I want adjusted in the model versus having to manual fix each time in Photoshop)

FaceTransfer Issue.png
    561 x 741 - 390K
    Post edited by jindracusin_b91ab57c9b on
  • inquire said:

Again, for the Mac version of DAZ Studio 4.12: Catalina, the new Mac OS, is, it seems, just days away from release. Will 4.12 run in Catalina? I ask because Catalina has supposedly dropped Open GL and Open CL in favor of Metal. If DAZ Studio 4.12 will not work in Catalina, will there be a vesion of DAZ Studio that will work with Catalina, that is, Metal?

I have the latest Catalina beta installed.  The install through DIM downloaded successfully, but failed to install.  I will try the install again using the Manual download later tonight.  (Daz servers are running a bit slow right now.)

• ScoopeyScoopey Posts: 190

I can't use it - Daz has finally run my Laptop out of drivers - I've only got NVidea 425.31 and I can't go to 430.
    Now I've got to find a new 4.11 to install to rewrite 4.12

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652

Re edit now the iray preview is working again. So more of an intermitten problem looks like..

• itinerant said:
    inquire said:

I have the latest Catalina beta installed.  The install through DIM downloaded successfully, but failed to install.  I will try the install again using the Manual download later tonight.  (Daz servers are running a bit slow right now.)

I am told that install failures when elevated privileges are required (for software, plug-ins, etc.) are being worked on.

• galiengalien Posts: 136
    Aala said:
    galien said:

Can anyone verify this?

Yeah, OptiX has always been like that. In 4.12, at least with RTX GPU's, OptiX on or off has no effect as far as I know,

So 4.12 offers faster renders, but the cost is that it needs more GPU memory to render a given scene.

• Risk3DRisk3D Posts: 65
    edited September 2019

Just installed and this is now what Daz Studio looks like.....majorly messed up. Any way to roll back?

*edit* trying to uninstall and DIM stuck at 0%.....so pissed. :(

Daz12.jpg
    1413 x 972 - 128K
    Post edited by Risk3D on
  • While using Face Transfer, the color of the bodies versus the texture on the face are drastically different.  Is there a simple way resetting the face texture so the face and body match.  Example of problem below

FaceTransfer Issue 2.png
    674 x 914 - 645K
  • Great now how do I uninstall the beta?

• Risk3D said:

Just installed and this is now what Daz Studio looks like.....majorly messed up. Any way to roll back?

That's what D|S looks like if you try to update it while it's running. If you can get DIM to cooperate, the solution is to make sure the program's closed (some processes continue for a little while after you close, check the Task Manager to make sure) then uninstall and reinstall.

• Nevermind daz installer finally located the beta and I unistalled it. Why is the install manager so slow nowadays?

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited September 2019

Well, didn't take long (about an hour) for my first 4.12 crash ... This is the beta but I understand the General Release is the same version.

Crash_2019-09-26 144858.png
    672 x 642 - 217K
    Post edited by marble on
  • RayDAntRayDAnt Posts: 1,120
    marble said:

This is the beta but I understand the General Release is the same version.

There's actually a one revision difference. For whatever that's worth. 

• itinerant said:
    inquire said:

I am told that install failures when elevated privileges are required (for software, plug-ins, etc.) are being worked on.

I was able to install 4.12 using the Manual installer instead of the DIM installer.  The Content Database Manager failed to install, but I don't use that so it isn't a problem for me.

I loaded up an old scene and rendered it, so things appear to be working so far.

• Thank you Daz Devs!!  I wasn't paying attention to the beta news so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the update available.  I'm having a lot of fun, thanks for the updated animation, the face transfer, plus the render finesse!

• PadonePadone Posts: 3,481
    galien said:
    With Optix X turned off, 4.11 used between 0.7Gb and 1.0 Gb less than 4.12

RTX features can only be used via optix .. so I guess 4.12 may always have optix on.

• While using Face Transfer, the color of the bodies versus the texture on the face are drastically different.  Is there a simple way resetting the face texture so the face and body match.  Example of problem below

If you don't want to correct the face textures to match the body's textures, you can use any textures and should be able to reload the ones you had on the figure to begin with.

• yesterday it worked fine, today the DAZ title screens stalls when it says "logging in" at the bottom. can anyone help?

• Wow, using an RTX 2080, I feel like I just got a free video card upgrade to a Ti or comparable, I just did some comparison renders in 4.11 and 4.12, 
    4.11 = 4 minutes and 40 seconds
    4.12 = 3 minutes and 30 seconds

A 25% reduction of render time!

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    edited September 2019
    jstilton said:

yesterday it worked fine, today the DAZ title screens stalls when it says "logging in" at the bottom. can anyone help?

I’ve started having the same issue - stuck at logging in on the loading splashscreen for a couple of minutes before Daz opens. 

Edit - I turned off automatic log in in preferences - startup and the problem is resolved. 

Post edited by Redz on
  • Is daz3d.com having issues or something? I am unable to download Daz Studio 4.12 manually. It loads and loads and loads untill I finally get Error 520. I tried log on via Install Manager, that fails too. I tried logging via Daz Studio. Fail. Also when I refreshed the page it says now i am BLOCKED from daz3d.com. Any clues?

daz3d error.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 268K
    daz3d blocked crap.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 252K
  • DAZ seems to be having intermittend connection issues.

• So who do I contact in case I remain blocked?

• You'll have to contact Customer Services

https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us