How Many Pages in Your Product Library?

1810121314

Comments

  • 199 now 

    got a new PC and am installing everything on it with DIM

    since it has all my zips on my external I just used DIM and pointed to those zips so at least don't need to download 700GB of stuff, am halfway installing now after about 12 hours,

    rapidly filling the 2TB C drive but since it's going to solely be a 3D rendering computer not so much an issue, being on the C drive should make loading stuff much faster thaf said my not DAZ content and other 3D stuff better go on an external or maybe I will add another drive to my box when I have the money.

  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,055
    Noah LGP said:
    Cybersox said:
    On many products that's a good tactic, but one shouldn't make the assumption that all those products and vendors will still be around.  IIRC, last year we had a good number of PAs and older products leave the store between the PA sale and November. 

     

    In fact I'm focused on the new releases because they will get a big discount in 2 months when the "New" tag will be removed.

     

    Except that the PA Sale last year had much higher discounts than either Black Friday or Cyber Monday 2018.  Last year's DAZ Black Friday sale was a flat 50% off all PA products/65% off on Daz Originals and pretty much nothing else, so if you're taking advantage of the gift card discounts and getting purple bar offers you're getting a better deal on those new PA items now.  I remember all this specifically because I started a thread last year called  the Black Friday Sale Is Boring and vowed that this year I'd concentrate on the PA sale rather than hoping something better comes along. Now Black Firday / Cyber Monday IS usually Renderosity's biggest sale day of the year, but that's a different story.  

  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 5,643
    edited September 2019

    Up to 117 pages now. 19 years of purchases. 20 years if you count the stuff I bought before Vicky 1 (which doesn't show up in my purchase history). A small percentage of that was purchased at RDNA. A larger (but still small) percentage was bought at PoserPros.

    Laurie

    Post edited by AllenArt on
  • JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,743
    JonnyRay said:
    JonnyRay said:

    I'm another who thought my 43 pages would seem like a lot. :) I still feel like I have so much content that I sometimes discover things I forgot I had.

    Perhaps a scarier number. I was at 43 pages last June. Now at 106 pages in the library just over a year later! surprise

    That accounts for 752 total orders and over 5400 installs performed by DIM.

    Added another 10 pages since July. Up to 116 pages in the product library; 798 orders and creeping up on 6000 DIM installs. surprise

  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,551

    17 and most of them freebies.

  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,055
    Cybersox said:

    These stacking sales are going to kill me.  When I posted last on July 25th I was working on page 375, which would have pushed me over 15000 items. 

    After clearing out the Billy-T, Brahn and Conucopia flash sale, I'm now on page 401, with over 16000 DAZ products... blush  Just ordered a new 8TB hard drive to hold it all.   

    Dang.  these super sales continue to be real wallet bruisers.  Whereas I was working on page 401 yesterday, I'm now over half finished page 406.  :0 

  • DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,474

    I just checked mine, and I'm up to 70 (was 63 in June). I was surprised because I haven't bought much since then (less  than $25). I dug into my purchases and remembered I got lucky with several freebies,  plus the Charlotte stater bundle for less than $5.00. Still amazed that I added 7 pages without buying much (PC+ does help a lot).

  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 4,960

    33...

    I thought it would be more, but it’s probably because I keep backups of my DAZ content (should an asteroid hit the earth and I can’t access DAZ’s servers) ...  l used to get those CGI magazines with the free content and a bunch of times it was DAZ stuff... and also there was that old Freebie Vault or whatever that was called... all of those don’t show up in your Product Library... I guess that makes it seem like it’s more than it is.

  • 156.  I would have felt guilty, but I'm a piker compared to a bunch a' ya'.  Thank you for helping me justify my addiction.

  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,055
    PizmoSF said:

    156.  I would have felt guilty, but I'm a piker compared to a bunch a' ya'.  Thank you for helping me justify my addiction.

     

    Um... you're welcome?  cheeky

     

  • 175 pages and I started using the software 6 months ago  =/

  • 43 .....perhaps I can use this thread to show my wife that I have not purchased too many things....

  • takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,355
    edited September 2019

    27, which is one of the lowest here, and doesn't count my freebies that I've downloaded in all my years with this hobby!

    EDIT: I was wrong...

    Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

    I posted in this thread July 2018 with 236 pages. That was 2005-2018 at that point.

    Today (Sept 2019),  I'm at 256 pages. Can't average if that's good or not. Probably not, I don't know where the button is to tell you how much money you've spent here (14 yr for me), and I never want to accidently find it and be curious. 

    In DIM, it says I have 8863 to download, and 1170 installed.  So does that mean I have a total of 10,033 products between the two? I have a bunch of old and unused stuff hidden, but I have hundreds (probably thousands) yet to hide,  Do the hidden products count in my amount to download total? DIM is new territory for me, so other than cliclking what I want and starting the queue, I'm mostly clueless. 

    I'm picking and choosing what to download since my 8TB drive only has about 2TB left, and my other 3 are totally full. I wish there was a script that would go through the all the dates and names of the products in my main content library and let me delete what I don't want. I'd want it to delete every trace of those product from all the DS library folders and all the old poser stuff that's mixed in. A date range would be nice too. That way you could cut a swath where you want. That's my dream.

  • 26 so far.  I expect that number to go waaaay up.

  • Dandene said:

    26 so far.  I expect that number to go waaaay up.

    You have me beat with the lowest number!

  • Dandene said:

    26 so far.  I expect that number to go waaaay up.

    You have me beat with the lowest number!

    After all the products I've purchased this year, I thought it would be way higher!  I'm less than two years in, so my library isn't quite as full yet. :P  

  • GordigGordig Posts: 4,782
    Dandene said:

    26 so far.  I expect that number to go waaaay up.

    You have me beat with the lowest number!

    Recent sales have brought me up to a whopping 13. 

  • takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,355
    edited September 2019
    Gordig said:
    Dandene said:

    26 so far.  I expect that number to go waaaay up.

    You have me beat with the lowest number!

    Recent sales have brought me up to a whopping 13. 

    Yeah, most of my purchases lately are for tools and add-ons and pickings been slim (I cannot wait until Zev0's X-Transfer)... and a lot are too much for my paltry fixed-income so I gotta wait for sales, Daz's sales at the end-of-the month doesn't help matters as that's the time that I'm pretty much broke!

    Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 8,959
    sapat said:

    I posted in this thread July 2018 with 236 pages. That was 2005-2018 at that point.

    Today (Sept 2019),  I'm at 256 pages. Can't average if that's good or not. Probably not, I don't know where the button is to tell you how much money you've spent here (14 yr for me), and I never want to accidently find it and be curious. 

    In DIM, it says I have 8863 to download, and 1170 installed.  So does that mean I have a total of 10,033 products between the two? I have a bunch of old and unused stuff hidden, but I have hundreds (probably thousands) yet to hide,  Do the hidden products count in my amount to download total? DIM is new territory for me, so other than cliclking what I want and starting the queue, I'm mostly clueless. 

    DIM is showing the number of files, not the number of products.  And it can sort by several criteria (individually on each tab, see upper right corner), sorting by Product ID will sort products by age (oldest = lowest number) though it's not 100% precise chronologically.  

    Each library page lists 40 products so 256 pages is 255 x 40 + number of products on last page.
     

    sapat said:

    I'm picking and choosing what to download since my 8TB drive only has about 2TB left, and my other 3 are totally full. I wish there was a script that would go through the all the dates and names of the products in my main content library and let me delete what I don't want. I'd want it to delete every trace of those product from all the DS library folders and all the old poser stuff that's mixed in. A date range would be nice too. That way you could cut a swath where you want. That's my dream.

    I'm working on some tools (currently Windows only) for library management which can do such things, if you want to help testing them, send me a PM.

     

     

  • Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,353
    edited September 2019
    Taoz said:

    Each library page lists 40 products so 256 pages is 255 x 40 + number of products on last page.

     

    But it also counts the bundles (empty shell). For example I've got 3 pages of bundle entries.

    It's not easy to know how many products are in our library.

    Daz Connect doesn't list the plugins and the softwares and DIM lists all the packages (parts, Poser files, ...)

    Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 4,380
    Taoz said:
    Cybersox said:
    Taoz said:
    Cybersox said:
    Cybersox said:

    Sigh... two more items and I'll start on page 325.  And when that page is full, I'll have 13000 items.

    And now I'm working on page 375... when that's done I'll have 15000 items. 

    I hit 15000 a while ago. I realized I had to do something to make it easier to find stuff in the DAZ Product Manager so I added a feature which lists the main promo for every product listed in the left pane, with a tooltip showing its name. It will sync automatically with the list so you can sort by name, age (SKU), etc.. Click on a promo and it will find that product and show the product page data, click again and it will show all the promos. There is a demo here - it starts with all 15000+ products loaded, then a search for "hair" will find all hairs and list these:

    https://www.screencast.com/t/x4xBRMGBUGf

     

    !!!!

    I've been needing this feature so badly for so long.  Any chance we'll see it go live with the next update??? 

    I'm working on a major update (first commercial release) with several new features so probably not, but I hope to have everything done within a month.

    When is this going to be available?

  • Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,353
    edited September 2019
    sapat said:

    I'm picking and choosing what to download since my 8TB drive only has about 2TB left, and my other 3 are totally full.

     

    Note DIM downloads and installs a lot of useless Poser packages, Daz Connect download only what Daz Studio need.

     

    For example 

    • DIM lists a total of 413.9 GB (3956 packages) 
    • but 331.7 GB (2854 packages) are installed by Daz Connect.
    • 82.2 GB (1102 packages) are unused Poser files. Daz Connect saved 20% of diskspace.
    Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 8,959
    Noah LGP said:
    Taoz said:

    Each library page lists 40 products so 256 pages is 255 x 40 + number of products on last page.

    But it also counts the bundles (empty shell). For example I've got 3 pages of bundle entries.

    It's not easy to know how many products are in our library.

    I think that if you subtract the number of products in the Product Library with "bundle" in their names from the total number of items you'll get a fairly accurate count of the "actual" products. 

  • OMG! Oh No! I now have 60 including freebies and bundles...and counting (of course)

  • TaozTaoz Posts: 8,959
    xyer0 said:
    Taoz said:
    Cybersox said:
    Taoz said:
    Cybersox said:
    Cybersox said:

    Sigh... two more items and I'll start on page 325.  And when that page is full, I'll have 13000 items.

    And now I'm working on page 375... when that's done I'll have 15000 items. 

    I hit 15000 a while ago. I realized I had to do something to make it easier to find stuff in the DAZ Product Manager so I added a feature which lists the main promo for every product listed in the left pane, with a tooltip showing its name. It will sync automatically with the list so you can sort by name, age (SKU), etc.. Click on a promo and it will find that product and show the product page data, click again and it will show all the promos. There is a demo here - it starts with all 15000+ products loaded, then a search for "hair" will find all hairs and list these:

    https://www.screencast.com/t/x4xBRMGBUGf

     

    !!!!

    I've been needing this feature so badly for so long.  Any chance we'll see it go live with the next update??? 

    I'm working on a major update (first commercial release) with several new features so probably not, but I hope to have everything done within a month.

    When is this going to be available?

    Unless I run into more complications, within a week or two.    

  • Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,353
    edited October 2019
    Taoz said:
    Noah LGP said:
    Taoz said:

    Each library page lists 40 products so 256 pages is 255 x 40 + number of products on last page.

    But it also counts the bundles (empty shell). For example I've got 3 pages of bundle entries.

    It's not easy to know how many products are in our library.

    I think that if you subtract the number of products in the Product Library with "bundle" in their names from the total number of items you'll get a fairly accurate count of the "actual" products. 

     

    In fact, it's not 100% reliable, there are some traps :

    • Pace Bundle includes a bonus earring
    • Cyberpunk Subway Station Bundle includes a bonus scene
    • Michael 4 Pro Bundle includes extra poses
    • Iray Converter for Genesis and Generation 4 Bundle includes bonus scripts
    • Ceejay Bundle, Beach Bundle for Genesis 8 Female(s) and Generation 5 UV Bundle for Genesis 2 Male(s) are the products (standalone bundles)

    Daz Studio package provides standalone bundles (they are the products) : Day at the Beach, Sci-Fi Warrior, Inside the Asylum, Slaying the Dragon

    Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,055
    Cybersox said:
    Cybersox said:
    Cybersox said:
    Cybersox said:

    These stacking sales are going to kill me.  When I posted last on July 25th I was working on page 375, which would have pushed me over 15000 items. 

    After clearing out the Billy-T, Brahn and Conucopia flash sale, I'm now on page 401, with over 16000 DAZ products... blush  Just ordered a new 8TB hard drive to hold it all.   

    Dang.  these super sales continue to be real wallet bruisers.  Whereas I was working on page 401 yesterday, I'm now over half finished page 406.  :0 

    Well darn, in the ongoing "you buy too much from DAZ" conversation, I just counted where I am now and it's only 7 items short of completing my 428th page. Over 17100 items... I could dress a small city AND house them crying

  • ServantServant Posts: 730

    So far... 63 pages. I'm both surprised it's that large already, but also shocked at how small that number is by comparison to the hardcore in this community. cheeky

  • 128... I'm going to guess that makes me comfortably mid-range for Dazaholics. :-) Enough so that the BYOB listing is pretty thin for me, and as there is diminishing new stuff I can do much with, I'll probably hold pretty steady for the forseeable future.  I might even be close to getting (gasp!) finished collecting! :-D

Sign In or Register to comment.