How Many Pages in Your Product Library?

Comments

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,756
    Taoz said:
    Cybersox said:
    Taoz said:
    Cybersox said:
    Cybersox said:

Sigh... two more items and I'll start on page 325.  And when that page is full, I'll have 13000 items.

And now I'm working on page 375... when that's done I'll have 15000 items. 

I hit 15000 a while ago. I realized I had to do something to make it easier to find stuff in the DAZ Product Manager so I added a feature which lists the main promo for every product listed in the left pane, with a tooltip showing its name. It will sync automatically with the list so you can sort by name, age (SKU), etc.. Click on a promo and it will find that product and show the product page data, click again and it will show all the promos. There is a demo here - it starts with all 15000+ products loaded, then a search for "hair" will find all hairs and list these:

https://www.screencast.com/t/x4xBRMGBUGf

!!!!

I've been needing this feature so badly for so long.  Any chance we'll see it go live with the next update??? 

I'm working on a major update (first commercial release) with several new features so probably not, but I hope to have everything done within a month.

Okay, I can wait a month for a commercial version.  Any idea on the price range?  (And please tell me that I can use my existing data with the new version.)

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    Cybersox said:
    Taoz said:
    Cybersox said:
    Taoz said:
    Cybersox said:
    Cybersox said:

Sigh... two more items and I'll start on page 325.  And when that page is full, I'll have 13000 items.

I hit 15000 a while ago. I realized I had to do something to make it easier to find stuff in the DAZ Product Manager so I added a feature which lists the main promo for every product listed in the left pane, with a tooltip showing its name. It will sync automatically with the list so you can sort by name, age (SKU), etc.. Click on a promo and it will find that product and show the product page data, click again and it will show all the promos. There is a demo here - it starts with all 15000+ products loaded, then a search for "hair" will find all hairs and list these:

!!!!

I've been needing this feature so badly for so long.  Any chance we'll see it go live with the next update??? 

I'm working on a major update (first commercial release) with several new features so probably not, but I hope to have everything done within a month.

Okay, I can wait a month for a commercial version.  Any idea on the price range?  (And please tell me that I can use my existing data with the new version.)

Price will probably be $16. With a free/trial version limited to 250 products. And yes you can use your old data but you have to convert them using an included converter. In the video I used my own converted library, took a couple of hours with 15000 products on my not so fast system.   

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,796

197 now surprise

• RasberriRasberri Posts: 266

oh good lord..I need help.. I'm saving for my retirement..is what I keep saying.. Im at 75 now and my new vid card, is waiting bc the mb fan is broke now.. I guess I am a 3d hoarder

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    Rasberri said:

oh good lord..I need help.. I'm saving for my retirement..is what I keep saying.. Im at 75 now and my new vid card, is waiting bc the mb fan is broke now.. I guess I am a 3d hoarder

umm I'm sorry but if you are only at 75 (pages) you are not yet a 3D hoader ,you are still at 3D collector level ....

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited July 2019

i dang near fainted when i pulled on my account library , this does not include content i bought other places

1.jpg
    1275 x 638 - 40K
    Post edited by Ivy on
  • gaebelgaebel Posts: 5

110 pages, accumulated in 14 months

• Payat ParinPayat Parin Posts: 980
    gaebel said:

110 pages, accumulated in 14 months

Gratz! I now have 59 pages from $1,300+ total purchases (freebies included). I realize that the pages include: title of the bundle separated from breakdown of its contents, so its not exactly the actual number of pages in real time (maybe a little less).

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

127 pages - which is embarrassing since I've only been purchasing content here for about 3 years. lol /blush

• 85 . . . Eeep !!

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited July 2019

This could be a "You Know you have  alot of content when"  comment ..lol

Well you know you have a huge library of content when it takes you 3 days to do a shadow copy of your system drives and another 21/2 days to back up your 3d content folders on a back up storage drive. .. I could not believe it took almost all week to get these back ups done.

But i would hate to think of the alternative if i didn't back them up and something bad happened.

Post edited by Ivy on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

121... so I feel comfortably mid-stream, here at Daz :-)  It's fine if I don't start calculating what that actually means in terms of money and un-used resources...

There's a script to do that; I only made that mistake once!

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

Upto 162 now.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,657

Grown to 220 pages

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,120

A paltry eleven.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

I am at 189 pages.

I’ve had a Daz account since the Vicky 1 days, but my purchases really increased around 2011-2012. Some of my items were purchased through RDNA, and added in my Daz product list because of the merger. 

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,234
    edited July 2019

im only at 5 pages over ~6 months.  And according to the total on my 'My Orders' page, this represents spending $1262.61 to accumulate my mere 5 pages.

I shudder to think what other people have spent.

Post edited by lilweep on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Far too much,   but it's been fun

• jakobrhjakobrh Posts: 97

38,5 pages in slightly more than 3 years. And I know exactly how much I've spent and what I've saved.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,725
    edited July 2019

I have to admit to 236 pages since April 2016 when I first download DAZ Studio. But really didn't start doing much until May, and didn't join PC+ until June I think. My library grew fast though with Genesis 8 Pro Bundles and all the free Pro Bundles that were offered with them. I did not have many of the older Pro Bundles before that point, only had 'cherry-picked' things I needed. I have tried everything when first downloaded. Or tried to. Some of the utilities still confuse the heck out of me. The DAZ PAs are incredibly gifted and prolific. And @Novica and @Serne_Night are wonderful for highlighting products that I then have to wishlist or buy right away.

Mary

Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

And @Novica and @Serne_Night are wonderful for highlighting products that I then have to wishlist or buy right away.

Mary

Oh, that's right...blame US..... angel   As I've said many times, if I'm going down in debt, I'm taking everyone else with me! 

edited July 2019
    Taoz said:
    Cybersox said:
    Taoz said:
    Cybersox said:
    Taoz said:
    Cybersox said:
    Cybersox said:

!!!!

Price will probably be $16. With a free/trial version limited to 250 products. And yes you can use your old data but you have to convert them using an included converter. In the video I used my own converted library, took a couple of hours with 15000 products on my not so fast system.   

I don't suppose that converter will also handle the files from your Renderosity Product manager, once you've got the download images option added on?  I keep dreaming of a the day when I can scan through all of my content using a single database, but so far your managers rfe the only ones that manage to get even get halfway there.   :/

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    Cybersox said:
    Taoz said:
    Cybersox said:
    Taoz said:
    Cybersox said:
    Taoz said:
    Cybersox said:
    Cybersox said:

!!!!

I don't suppose that converter will also handle the files from your Renderosity Product manager, once you've got the download images option added on?  I keep dreaming of a the day when I can scan through all of my content using a single database, but so far your managers rfe the only ones that manage to get even get halfway there.   :/

No, the converter is specific to the DAZ database. But after I got the Rendo app updated so it can also download product info and pictures, I'll continue working on the general content manager I've been experimenting with. It's supposed to be able to import data from the product managers and other sources so you have it all in one database. 

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724

• sdorseysdorsey Posts: 88

These stacking sales are going to kill me.  When I posted last on July 25th I was working on page 375, which would have pushed me over 15000 items. 

After clearing out the Billy-T, Brahn and Conucopia flash sale, I'm now on page 401, with over 16000 DAZ products... blush  Just ordered a new 8TB hard drive to hold it all.   

• 75 pages since 2002, Products were on CDs before that.. yes, I have Victoria 1 on a CD

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,556
    edited September 2019

78 pages in 2 years...

It's too early to spend money in the current discounts, I'm waiting for the Black Friday sale and Holiday sale.

Post edited by Noah LGP on
    Noah LGP said:

78 pages in 2 years...

It's too early to spend money in the current discounts, I'm waiting for the Black Friday sale and Holiday sale.

On many products that's a good tactic, but one shouldn't make the assumption that all those products and vendors will still be around.  IIRC, last year we had a good number of PAs and older products leave the store between the PA sale and November. 

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,556
    edited September 2019
    Cybersox said:
    On many products that's a good tactic, but one shouldn't make the assumption that all those products and vendors will still be around.  IIRC, last year we had a good number of PAs and older products leave the store between the PA sale and November. 

In fact I'm focused on the new releases because they will get a big discount in 2 months when the "New" tag will be removed.

Post edited by Noah LGP on