Moving Key frames

edited December 1969 in Art Studio

In Daz Studio 4, is there some way to move key frames - drag (as in other 3D progams) or cut and paste?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,665
    edited December 1969

No, I'm afraid not. All you can do is use File>Save as>pose preset to save a limited range of frames, then apply that in the new start frame.

• edited December 1969

I'm very sorry to hear that Daz is so limited, but I really appreciate you prompt reply.

• SonofbelmontSonofbelmont Posts: 147
    edited May 2012

No, I’m afraid not. All you can do is use File>Save as>pose preset to save a limited range of frames, then apply that in the new start frame.

Alternatively you can place your keyframe into puppeteer, delete the original and then reposition it at whatever spot you want in the timeline.

Post edited by Sonofbelmont on
  • edited December 1969

I didn't know about Puppeteer. Thanks!

• edited December 1969

I tried Puppeteer and it's even worse for what I was trying to do. At least with a keyframe if I change a pose between two other key frames and then if I change my mind, I can delete the new middle key frame and the character pose will go back to having the original in-betweens frames. But if I make the new middle key frame with puppeteer and then delete it, the middle pose remains and the beginning and ending key frames no longer create inbetween frames. Or did I do something wrong?

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi Santamonica

Using Puppeteer will create a key frame on every part of the figure,. unlike manually posing to create a key frame, which will only create keys for the parts of the figure which are moved.
    this means that you need to delete all the keys for the figure at that frame, to restore the tweeners back to the default DS tweener.

Hope it helps :)

Also.....
    Daz Carrara has a Full set of animation features and controls, full key-frame editing, multiple tweener types, and a graph editor,.
    You may want to have a look at the 30 day trial version, available on www.downloads.com

• edited December 1969

What I did was create a shortcut key for the Memorize all selected part, or whatever that title is, and another shortcut key for Restore all selected parts. Then, all you have to do is select the keyframed part and hit your shortcut key for Memorize, move to the frame you want and the hit your Restore shortcut key. Plus, if you have multiple keyframes, mcasual's retime script can be very handy.