HH Werewolf [Commercial]

Herschel HoffmeyerHerschel Hoffmeyer Posts: 586
edited September 2019 in Daz PA Commercial Products

HH Werewolf [Commercial]

- - -

- - -

Product Description:

This Werewolf is a stand-alone figure and includes two fur presets (one for a faster rendering option), two saliva add-ons, three iray material presets for the body, four iray material presets for the eyes, and 10 full-body poses.

- - -

Promo Artwork:

Post edited by Herschel Hoffmeyer on

Comments

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

Can you make a much more dense hair option as well, please? And maybe one hairier than that? :)

• Is it possible to close the mouth more over it's teeth?

• RKane_1 said:

Can you make a much more dense hair option as well, please? And maybe one hairier than that? :)

I would but the polycount would be getting into some high numbers which I'm trying to stay away from.

Is it possible to close the mouth more over it's teeth?

No, the teeth stay exposed.

RKane_1 said:

I would but the polycount would be getting into some high numbers which I'm trying to stay away from.

But if it was an option, then polycount wouldn't matter so much, correct? Those with lower end systems could choose the lesser poly count and those with higher could go for more. Right?

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    RKane_1 said:

Would adding a second hair shell - slightly displaced - fill your need?

• Looks like something I've been waiting for for a long time ! Great !

When do you plan te release it ?

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744
    GreyFaun said:

Looks like something I've been waiting for for a long time ! Great !

When do you plan te release it ?

General tip: Release dates are actually more in control of Daz Quality Assurance and aren't typically discussed because delays can occur so they don't like to make promises. However, once you see the preview threads, you can guess it will be SOON©.

• I've already given this the thumbs up when Herschel mentioned it in one of his other threads. These new promos make me even more eager to get my hands on it.

Cheers,

Alex.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited September 2019

It looks gorgeous, especially the head, which reminds me of the Shank brother-built rod figures from the original The Howling.  That said, I really wish it had been built on a Genesis chassis so I could do a transformation sequence and mix it with my other werewolf morphs. 

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

Are you using dForce hair, or is that fibermesh?

• Herschel HoffmeyerHerschel Hoffmeyer Posts: 586
    edited September 2019
    Cybersox said:

I really wish it had been built on a genesis chassis so I could do a transmation sequence and mix it with my other werewolf morphs. 

This was to be designed from the ground up to be a quality Werewolf design not restricted by the topology of a morph. There's already some good morph wolf morphs in the store but they are restricted (since they are a morph) to venture to far into looking like a wolf. The head, mouth, and feet would not look the same if this was a morph otherwise I would have. I wish Daz would come out with a Genesis Creature base figure with the same rig as the other figures, but with more balanced topology in the head, hands, and feet to be used for morphs.

Oso3D said:

Fibermesh.

Post edited by Herschel Hoffmeyer on
  • goggerfett@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 2,291
    edited September 2019

WooHOOooooooooO!!!! 

Post edited by [email protected] on
    edited September 2019
    RKane_1 said:

Would adding a second hair shell - slightly displaced - fill your need?

Likely not with the coverage but i will have to see if i can combine other sets and use a universal hair shader as a works around.... or not buy it. But I probably will. Don't know yet. :)

Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • RKane_1 said:

But if it was an option, then polycount wouldn't matter so much, correct? Those with lower end systems could choose the lesser poly count and those with higher could go for more. Right?

If you look at the second to last image you can see it already includes these two options as well as a no fur option. You can combine both fur add-ons for those areas to be very dense. The very last image displays the different material options and which has the fur removed to display the full material.

If you're referring to the areas, that are designed to have no fur, actually have fur then that's something different. That would be a different design entirely that I would reapproach from the ground up in the design of topology of the entire figure and texturing of the skin. This design is to show off high quality details of the skin with about 30-40% covered in fur. If I would have it covered enirely in fur it would require a different sculpt, requiring a mix of sculpted fur and a bit of fibermesh to trick the eye. But indded it would require me to tackle the design from the ground up. Adding a lot more fibermesh to the model is not a realistic fix to a commercial product.

• It may not *SEEM* like it from all these posts, but we LOVE your stuff, Herschel!  Your werewolf is a welcome variation on a much loved genre of monster. I have all those other ones, but I can't wait to get my paws on yours!

Keep up the AMAZING work - all of your stuff is way over the top AWESOME!

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518

I am glad I looked at this thread after work and not right before bed, I need my sleep and hiding under the covers trembling doesn't help with that..

• Oso3D said:

Fibermesh.

Well, you'll get my support. I really love how terrifying wolfy looks, but was assuming the hair was strand-based which I can't use. Glad to hear it's fibermesh. Herschel, your work is so amazingly detailed. Great job on the design.
  • The support is much appreciated and can't wait to see some renders!

• He looks fangtastic! :D

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

I am glad I clicked on the thread. I have to admit my first response was to think about the other werewolf morphs I have for various Genesis characters and wonder if I really needed another one. But this definitely has details and features that none of those have. Will be looking forward to his release.

• Good work! Hawooooooooooooooo!  lol!

• The claws and teeth are amazing. I have to shake my head at some of the comments on the fur, some people have no idea how much work it is and how hard it is to balance looks and performance and that you can just suddenly make more fur like magic. Best of luck with it !

• edited September 2019

Now we're talking. I am so glad that it isn't a T-Rex. Awesome figure and since it's stand alone you need to add 3 things to it, Poses,Poses,Poses .

Great work Herschel I'll be buying it.

Post edited by cradzinski_3dd03228a0 on
  • MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,602

This will be an insta-buy! I've been waiting for a more "wolf-like" werewolf model for a long time! My only hope/wish is that there would also be some morph dials for a more lithe/feminine figure (not like female female with breasts, etc but just a bit more delicate...if that makes any sense at all)

• Actually scares me! I have just the scene for him too..dark woods, fog and general spookiness. 

The claws and teeth are amazing. I have to shake my head at some of the comments on the fur, some people have no idea how much work it is and how hard it is to balance looks and performance and that you can just suddenly make more fur like magic. Best of luck with it !

I suppose it is because we want the look to be right and wolves are covered with fur. At least we can experiment with the new DAZ Hair thingee. 

Best of luck with the character sales.

• RKane_1 said:

The claws and teeth are amazing. I have to shake my head at some of the comments on the fur, some people have no idea how much work it is and how hard it is to balance looks and performance and that you can just suddenly make more fur like magic. Best of luck with it !

I suppose it is because we want the look to be right and wolves are covered with fur. At least we can experiment with the new DAZ Hair thingee. 

Best of luck with the character sales.

I think with the fur it's Zbrush fibermesh, dForce hair never looks right material wise and there's no harm in asking !

• Finally a werewolf that is more wolf than man. This was on our wish list for the longest time. Thank you.  I can only hope that it is out before Halloween!

edited September 2019

And I do want to add that this and all of Hershel's products have ALWAYS been top notch. The sculpting is incredible and the attention to detail is amazing. I will likely buy the product because it is so awesome, I was just hoping for an "even hairrier" option is all. :)

Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • I, too, will cross fingers to get it in time for some Halloween renders !