ZM's Renders: Midnight Elf + Purple Elf + Feline + Achilles Reimagined(new)

ZMcKrakenZMcKraken Posts: 28
edited February 2020 in Art Studio

A few characters I have been working on. A dark Elven queen, or midnight elf as I call her. I didn't want to use a background yet until I get a proper scene. I was going for fierce yet beautiful. What do you think?

UPDATE 4/22/19: Added Purple Elf. A second character I haven't worked on in a while, but did a little updating and added some wings.

UPDATE 6/22/19: Added several feline characters. See follow up posts below.

UPDATE 8/13/19: Added Achilles Reimagined. My latest work. Enjoy!

UPDATE 1/27/20: Added Achilles Combat Pose & No Helm Close-Up.

UPDATE 2/15/20: Added Dark Elf Queen new outfit test for dforce animation.

Post edited by ZMcKraken on

Comments

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Excellent character. Very interesting skin treatment. Well done!

• ZMcKrakenZMcKraken Posts: 28

UPDATE 4/22/19: Added Purple Elf. A second character I haven't worked on in a while, but did a little updating and added some wings.

Picture attached to first post.

edited June 2019

My latest render with the Cat Mega Pack

EDIT: I changed the hair and much prefer the new look. Old render deleted and updated render with new hair posted below.

edited June 2019

Updated render with new hair. I even put the cat hair texture in the hairs top layer to better match the fur color. I like this look much better than my previous render.

Only 500 iterations in iray as I wanted to get this update posted.

Kitty_2K_Iterations.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M

Another addition to my Cat characters.

Cat_02_Crop.png
    811 x 1080 - 886K

One more because why not!

Tiger.png
    840 x 1080 - 655K
    edited August 2019

My latest work. Achilles reimagined. Enjoy!

Achilles_Reimagined.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 612K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,425

These are all great renders!  I especially like your posing and lighting, very nice.

edited August 2019

Thank you!

Experimenting with some new angles and poses. This image I still consider a work in progress.

Spear_NoCrop.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    edited August 2019

Achilles Re-Imagined Part Two. I wanted a nice side angle and love the way this turned out.

EDIT: Had to re-upload a smaller file size

Spear_Throw_S.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • Hello there. 

Why this doesn't have more comments is beyond me. Really really like your work. 

What really sparked my interest is this character you made:

This picture in particular is impressive in my mind:

I really do love the lighting you managed in this one. I love the interaction with the light and shadows between the left and right side of her face. Especially how on screen right her eye just pops out!

I did some similar images for the beginner challenge since I just started using daz and I would like to learn more:

So I was wondering if I might ask you to maybe tell me a little bit about what you used to make yours and describe to me a little your process? Like how did you get her skin tone? What did you use? How did you do her eyes? You know and so forth. Also if you have any questions about my process offcourse I will share!

Again I really really love that picture. Good job!!

edited August 2019

EDIT: DELETED

DUPLICATE POST

edited November 2019

Hello there. 

Why this doesn't have more comments is beyond me. Really really like your work. 

What really sparked my interest is this character you made:

This picture in particular is impressive in my mind:

I really do love the lighting you managed in this one. I love the interaction with the light and shadows between the left and right side of her face. Especially how on screen right her eye just pops out!

I did some similar images for the beginner challenge since I just started using daz and I would like to learn more:

So I was wondering if I might ask you to maybe tell me a little bit about what you used to make yours and describe to me a little your process? Like how did you get her skin tone? What did you use? How did you do her eyes? You know and so forth. Also if you have any questions about my process offcourse I will share!

Again I really really love that picture. Good job!!

@crosseyedchimp

I didn't get notification of your reply in this thread otherwise I would have responded much sooner. Thank you for the compliments. Beautiful renders you posted too btw. I especially like the bottom close-up. Great facial expression, lighting, and color pallette. Well Done!  

The skin tones, veins, and eyes are combinations from Mousso characters. Both renders actually have the same skintone. Only the lighting and light color changed.

For the lighting of the face close-up I only used HDRI, nothing else. Then I rotated the dome to get the shadow on just the one half of the face. Finally adjusted the brightness of the HDRI to get the right contrast.

EDIT: If using iRay like I did, just make sure you render with enough iterations to bring out all the details, especially in the shadows.

• My latest render. More to come. Enjoy!

Combat_02.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 647K
  • Combat_NoHelm.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 617K
  • Dark Elf Queen new outfit test for dforce animations. Attached image file (also in my gallery) rendered using iRay. 4K with 4,000 iterations 

UPLOAD.jpg
    1440 x 1600 - 627K