Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

Comments

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315
    edited August 2019
    Overdrawn said:
    Petercat said:
    Overdrawn said:
    Petercat said:

I've not seen the filter by wishlist or any other checkboxes, nor the sort by % off for many weeks now. I do have the oval buttons at the bottom of the page, and had the odd icons below the thumbnails that Sapat mentioned.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled Daz Deals, but the only thing that accomplished was to clear my hide list.
    Tampermonkey shows some of the missing scripts as installed, but not all of them.

Also, the emails I get for wishlist items on sale show items that I already own, or have never been in my wishlist all.

Did you setup the configuration settings after you reinstalled? All the wishlist related items depend on that being setup properly.

I have found that with the recent juggling of pages/items/categories, I sometimes have to refresh the page after the initial load to get the wishlist and % filters to show. Not sure yet what's causing the delay...but it does eventually show up after a reload.

Let me know about the config setup, and sorry for the trouble!

If you're talking about the page with all of the check boxes like "Show filter for wishlisted and owned items + "% off" sort filter", then yes. I have no idea what's going on, unless it's my version of Firefox, which is 68.0.2-1. Of course, it was doing the same thing before I updated...

Can you try disabling all Tampermonkey scripts and test with just the add-on? It's possible they're conflicting on some way, and testing that would hopefully narrow in on what's breaking when and maybe even why. ;) Thanks!

This is what the tampermonkey page shows.

Tampermonkey.png
    1756 x 387 - 61K
    Daz Deals.png
    597 x 1006 - 84K
    Post edited by Petercat on
  • OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 561
    Petercat said:
    Overdrawn said:
    Petercat said:
    Overdrawn said:
    Petercat said:

I've not seen the filter by wishlist or any other checkboxes, nor the sort by % off for many weeks now. I do have the oval buttons at the bottom of the page, and had the odd icons below the thumbnails that Sapat mentioned.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled Daz Deals, but the only thing that accomplished was to clear my hide list.
    Tampermonkey shows some of the missing scripts as installed, but not all of them.

Also, the emails I get for wishlist items on sale show items that I already own, or have never been in my wishlist all.

Did you setup the configuration settings after you reinstalled? All the wishlist related items depend on that being setup properly.

I have found that with the recent juggling of pages/items/categories, I sometimes have to refresh the page after the initial load to get the wishlist and % filters to show. Not sure yet what's causing the delay...but it does eventually show up after a reload.

If you're talking about the page with all of the check boxes like "Show filter for wishlisted and owned items + "% off" sort filter", then yes. I have no idea what's going on, unless it's my version of Firefox, which is 68.0.2-1. Of course, it was doing the same thing before I updated...

Can you try disabling all Tampermonkey scripts and test with just the add-on? It's possible they're conflicting on some way, and testing that would hopefully narrow in on what's breaking when and maybe even why. ;) Thanks!

This is a dumb solution...if it works...but try toggling that highlight checkbox in the Daz-Deals option page off...and then back on...and reload (or re-open) a "shop" product listing page. Really not sure what else could be keeping them from showing up at this point...

Hi all!

Daz-Deals v2.4.3 is hitting the add-on stores shortly! The only change is to fix the "View All Artists Together" links. They should now work with the PA sale promo pages as well as the more typical weekly sell pages (once those return). Enjoy!

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/daz-deals/
    Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/daz-deals/nagnffdgedlcmlibjhmalgcaekfgiehc

If you already have the extension installed, they should update shortly after the extension is officialy published at the particular store.

Cheers!

Just a quick additional note that these "View These Aritsts Together" links are still at the mercy of how Daz structures their "artist tiles." When they're consistent, things work, when they change things...things break... >_< So...for instance...the first "View These Artists Together" link on today's deal page works great...the second one...not so much. :'( We'll see what tomorrow brings...

edited August 2019
    Overdrawn said:
    Petercat said:
    Overdrawn said:
    Petercat said:
    Overdrawn said:
    Petercat said:

This is a dumb solution...if it works...but try toggling that highlight checkbox in the Daz-Deals option page off...and then back on...and reload (or re-open) a "shop" product listing page. Really not sure what else could be keeping them from showing up at this point...

Okay, I tried that with no change. Right now, with "Sort products by discount%" and "Hide certain products checked", this is what I see.
    (The most popular aren't showing, nor the price history graph).

Wait - which highlight checkbox were you talking about?

Screenshot_2019-08-29 3D Models and Assets 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D.jpg
    1583 x 812 - 452K
    Screenshot_2019-08-29 dForce Tessa Dress for Genesis 8 Female(s) 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D.png
    1297 x 986 - 2M
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,078

@Petercat: Please try disabling tampermonkey and then retrying just the addon. It looks like you have the same feature turned on in both places, which could interfere with each other.

edited August 2019
    Ati said:

@Petercat: Please try disabling tampermonkey and then retrying just the addon. It looks like you have the same feature turned on in both places, which could interfere with each other.

Okay, that did nothing.
    I disabled AdBlocker, and nothing happened.
    I disabled Privacy Badger, and the price graph began showing, but nothing else changed.
    Disabeling my antivirus did nothing.

I'm using Ubuntu and Firefox, the latest versions of both as of 08/28 at 2100.
    Let me hook up my throwaway Win7 computer and see if that works.

Okay, I'm editing this from a completely different computer, using another internet service provider, and getting the exact same results.
    I've never had DAZ Deals on this computer, it's a fresh install as of five minutes ago.
    I have no idea what to try next.

Petercat said:
    Ati said:

Okay, that did nothing.
    I disabled Privacy Badger, and the price graph began showing, but nothing else changed.

Okay, I'm editing this from a completely different computer, using another internet service provider, and getting the exact same results.
    I've never had DAZ Deals on this computer, it's a fresh install as of five minutes ago.

That's odd. I just checked my Edge install, I only used that to see if it works, there's nothing set up there. Out of the box, these features work fine.

Try disabling and then enabling this feature again on the addon options page.

Also, while you may not want this, try enabling the "total spent" option, and see what happens after a couple of tries. (You don't have to visit the orders page if you don't want to see the amount it shows. Reloading any other Daz page a few times should be enough.)

edited August 2019
    Ati said:
    Petercat said:
    Ati said:

Okay, that did nothing.

That's odd. I just checked my Edge install, I only used that to see if it works, there's nothing set up there. Out of the box, these features work fine.

Also, while you may not want this, try enabling the "total spent" option, and see what happens after a couple of tries. (You don't have to visit the orders page if you don't want to see the amount it shows. Reloading any other Daz page a few times should be enough.)

Okay, that did nothing.
    Oddly enough, I enabled all cookies for the DAZ website and it killed DAZ Deals completely. No graph, no "hide this", and the "what's hot" section showed up again. Disabled cookies and Deals is halfway working again.
    And yes, I looked, and "Show total spent" works. Brrrrr......

Petercat said:
    Ati said:
    Petercat said:
    Ati said:

Okay, that did nothing.

Okay, that did nothing.
    Oddly enough, I enabled all cookies for the DAZ website and it killed DAZ Deals completely. No graph, no "hide this", and the "what's hot" section showed up again. Disabled cookies and Deals is halfway working again.

The idea wasn't to see if the total spent feature works, it was to see if enabling that makes the % off sorting come alive. Can you check to see if it did?

The cookie issue is strange, too. I don't believe we're using any cookies at all, so it should make no difference.

Ati said:
    Petercat said:
    Ati said:
    Petercat said:
    Ati said:

Okay, that did nothing.

Okay, that did nothing.

The idea wasn't to see if the total spent feature works, it was to see if enabling that makes the % off sorting come alive. Can you check to see if it did?

The cookie issue is strange, too. I don't believe we're using any cookies at all, so it should make no difference.

Yes, I did, and it wasn't showing.
    The rest comes and goes. Sometimes when I open an item page, the graph and "hide" buttons show, sometimes they don't.
    The only things I really want are the "show wishlist", "shadow items in bundles that I own" and  "hide items in store".
    The only thing that seems to work every time is the "hide what's hot" feature. So it's not like DAZ Deals is either working or not,
    but the parts that save me time aren't.

edited August 2019
    Petercat said:
    Ati said:
    Petercat said:
    Ati said:
    Petercat said:
    Ati said:

Okay, that did nothing.

Okay, I'm editing this from a completely different computer, using another internet service provider, and getting the exact same results.

Okay, that did nothing.

Yes, I did, and it wasn't showing.
    The rest comes and goes. Sometimes when I open an item page, the graph and "hide" buttons show, sometimes they don't.
    The only things I really want are the "show wishlist", "shadow items in bundles that I own" and  "hide items in store".
    The only thing that seems to work every time is the "hide what's hot" feature. So it's not like DAZ Deals is either working or not,
    but the parts that save me time aren't.

One of your screenshots showed part of the price history (the bottom link to set up notifications). That means the frame itself is loaded, but the graph in it is not. It's a simple google graph, nothing fancy. So something on your network is blocking access to google sites, and maybe other sites as well; or not allowing these scripts to run.

Post edited by Ati on
    Ati said:

One of your screenshots showed part of the price history (the bottom link to set up notifications). That means the frame itself is loaded, but the graph in it is not. It's a simple google graph, nothing fancy. So something on your network is blocking access to google sites, and maybe other sites as well; or not allowing these scripts to run.

I don't willingly use Google, and have a lot of their tracking and observation stuff blocked.
    So if I'm unwilling to voluntarily let them in, (Other than what they sneak in without my knowledge) DAZ Deals won't work for me?
    That stinks.
    But then why would some parts work some of the time?

edited August 2019
    Petercat said:
    Ati said:

I don't willingly use Google, and have a lot of their tracking and observation stuff blocked.
    So if I'm unwilling to voluntarily let them in, (Other than what they sneak in without my knowledge) DAZ Deals won't work for me?
    That stinks.
    But then why would some parts work some of the time?

While we don't use any of their tracking urls, static items (charts API, jquery library, etc.) are needed for proper functioning of all features. My suggestion would be to take a look at what we use (see what is getting blocked by your software), and decide for yourself what you think you're willing to let through to your PC, and whitelist those single urls. The more the better toward a fully functioning addon.

I'm still not entirely sure this will solve all your problems because the addon itself includes most of the necessary libraries, it's only the externally loaded webpages (the pricechart, for example) that require what I mentioned above. But since part of that is getting blocked, and the addon is clearly not working as intended for you, I have to assume that other essential stuff (such as raw price data that the % off calculations are based on) is also getting blocked.

Post edited by Ati on

Can you point me to what I need to unblock to get just the "show wishlist", "shadow items in bundles that I own" and  "hide items in store".
    That's all I really want.
    (Besides minimal Google on my computer!)

• Quick question. So I had a hard drive failure and just readded the extension. Is there any way for me to get all the settings and hidden items on again quickly or do I need to do it all over again manually? 

Thank you for the Amazing extension it has saved me a massive amount of time!

Petercat said:

Can you point me to what I need to unblock to get just the "show wishlist", "shadow items in bundles that I own" and  "hide items in store".

If you press Shift+Ctrl+I in your browser, it will bring up the Developer tools console. Choose the Network tab there. Now load any page, and you'll see every single file that is loaded on that page. The ones in red, or with a zero size are the ones being blocked. Those are the ones you need to evaluate yourself to see if you want to allow them through.

kelborn92 said:

Quick question. So I had a hard drive failure and just readded the extension. Is there any way for me to get all the settings and hidden items on again quickly or do I need to do it all over again manually? 

The browser settings and hidden items are per browser, so unless you had a backup, they cannot be restored remotely--you need to set them up again.

Notification settings are stored on our servers, so if those were set up, those remain set up--you will keep receiving those.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

Running Edge Chromium Beta, and seems to be working fine  :)  Thanks!

3dOutlaw said:

Running Edge Chromium Beta, and seems to be working fine  :)  Thanks!

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. :)

Ati said:
    Petercat said:

If you press Shift+Ctrl+I in your browser, it will bring up the Developer tools console. Choose the Network tab there. Now load any page, and you'll see every single file that is loaded on that page. The ones in red, or with a zero size are the ones being blocked. Those are the ones you need to evaluate yourself to see if you want to allow them through.

Green board, no zero size listings. Now what?

DazDeals.png
    1920 x 1200 - 287K
    Petercat said:
    Ati said:
    Petercat said:

Scroll down to see the rest of the items, and repeat on other pages as well, including product pages where the price history should appear. Consider unblocking anything that is now blocked. I'm afraid there is nothing more I can do remotely.

Ati said:
    Petercat said:
    Ati said:
    Petercat said:

Scroll down to see the rest of the items, and repeat on other pages as well, including product pages where the price history should appear. Consider unblocking anything that is now blocked. I'm afraid there is nothing more I can do remotely.

I did that. Thoroughly. That image was just an example.
    I have no idea why it is working intermittently if blocked scripts are causing this.
    When I installed DAZ Deals so long ago, everything worked 100%.
    Then it worked 90% of the time. Then 80%, until now it only works on roughly one out of ten pages of all kinds, store, product, wishlist.
    But okay, I give up.

Petercat said:
    Ati said:
    Petercat said:
    Ati said:
    Petercat said:

I did that. Thoroughly. That image was just an example.
    I have no idea why it is working intermittently if blocked scripts are causing this.
    When I installed DAZ Deals so long ago, everything worked 100%.
    Then it worked 90% of the time. Then 80%, until now it only works on roughly one out of ten pages of all kinds, store, product, wishlist.
    But okay, I give up.

Some security software could be getting tighter and tighter on your system (PC, or network), allowing less and less to run. Now, you obviously have these installed for a reason, so me suggesting that you disable them is not going to be too helpful. :(

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Help? Does it still work for somebody else?

Firefox 69.0.1 (64-Bit) ...

Kerya said:

Help? Does it still work for somebody else?

Firefox 69.0.1 (64-Bit) ...

I just updated to the same version to check, and it works fine. Well, as fine as it can. It's a lot slower than in Chrome, but works.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Thank you for testing!

After having "interesting" effects in other software I restarted my computer - all is well now!

Sorry for the scare!

• For about two days now, everytime I follow a link from a DAZ-Deals Email I get stopped by uBlock since I'm rerouted via emjcd.com. Now I could obviously allow that site, but I took the time and read their (i.e. Conversants) Privacy Policy and in all honesty, uBlock blocks them for a reason.
    So that leaves the question why is that company involved now?

daz-deals-block.jpg
    3071 x 929 - 119K
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300
    Cederien said:

For about two days now, everytime I follow a link from a DAZ-Deals Email I get stopped by uBlock since I'm rerouted via emjcd.com. Now I could obviously allow that site, but I took the time and read their (i.e. Conversants) Privacy Policy and in all honesty, uBlock blocks them for a reason.

What reason is that?

Cederien said:

For about two days now, everytime I follow a link from a DAZ-Deals Email I get stopped by uBlock since I'm rerouted via emjcd.com. Now I could obviously allow that site, but I took the time and read their (i.e. Conversants) Privacy Policy and in all honesty, uBlock blocks them for a reason.
    So that leaves the question why is that company involved now?

That's the company (CJ Affiliate, or Commission Junction) that Daz officially uses for their affiliate program.

This discussion has been closed.