possible to make some plugin for this?

Normally it would be a question for the support and Daz should make an update for Carrara than but i don't think that they will respond if i ask them.
What  i don't really prefer on Carrara are the option for unused objects and shaders, those make the Carrara file big and Octane slow in render even if the scene doesn't have much content.
So, delelting unused objects and shaders can be a lot of work if you are testing around in your scene and importing and delelting objects, so is there a way to make a plugin or something that access the objects and shader tab next to the instances that automatic remove all objects and shaders that have no instances? That would be awesome!
The carrara file i've removed all unused objects and shaders was about 1,7 GB and now is just 890 MB, so nearly 1 GB difference.

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,814

Edit already has the option to delete unused objects, consolidate shaders, remove unused shaders and clips

• Edit already has the option to delete unused objects, consolidate shaders, remove unused shaders and clips

yes, manually but no auto remove them

• PGrePGre Posts: 95

If you are trying to avoid having to select and delete unused shaders and objects individually look under the Edit menu for the Remove Unused Masters option. Selecting Remove Unused Objects will dump all unused objects at the same time. Same for shaders, etc.Thats two clicks per operation, which I suspect is as automated as your going to get.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,814
    PGre said:

If you are trying to avoid having to select and delete unused shaders and objects individually look under the Edit menu for the Remove Unused Masters option. Selecting Remove Unused Objects will dump all unused objects at the same time. Same for shaders, etc.Thats two clicks per operation, which I suspect is as automated as your going to get.

what I meant yes

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited August 2019

mebbe assign a shortcut key?

doh  tried assigning the same shortcut key to the 3 remove unused.  only 1 shortcut per customer.

keybsc.JPG
    388 x 360 - 37K
    Post edited by Mistara on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,690

Don't forget Alberto's wonderful Genesis Morphs Eraser https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/298236/genesis-morphs-eraser-plugin