Genesis Morphs Eraser plugin

Merry Christmas!

Genesis Morphs Eraser is a tool for reducing the Genesis files size in Carrara 8.5 by deleting unused morphs. 

It's released for Windows 64 and 32 bits and MacOS 64 bits.

Free at sharecg: https://sharecg.com/v/92883/view/9/Plug-in/Genesis-Morphs-Eraser

Comments

• YAY

Happy Christmas Alberto

when that sun goes down and I can use my PC without cooking my CPU  I shall grab this

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

YAY TOO!!

Ha ha thanks Alberto, you just made my year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very much obliged! :)

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    Thanks. Merry Christmas!
    edited December 2018

wowza it took me a while to find the right folder 

but worth it!

my base genesis weighs in at  127,000 to 140,00 (not sure why it varied)

dressed in simple dress and shirt goes up to  406,00

using your tool base genesis goes to 66,807

the same dressed figure (I used your tool on the clothes after using it it on the genesis) goes down to 183,000 

Just Terrific!!! I have all this genesis stuff I have never used because of the huge memory use!

my stuff was found at   g >mydazlibrary > data>daz3d>genesis                (I left it there but could have gone g >mydazlibrary > data>daz3d>genesis ​>base>morphs )

Post edited by Headwax on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,699

Woo-hoo - definately a Merry Christmas, many thank-yous !!!

• Amazing!  Thank you. 

• Alberto, you are the best!  This looks like a game-changer.

Now I just hope that I can figure it out. smiley

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493

Just wonderful! Thank you and Merry Christmas!

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

simple and sweet!

much thanks to you, again!

--ms

• de3ande3an Posts: 915

Thank you very much for including a Mac OS version!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,079

Thank you!  Merry Cristmas.  Much appreciated!

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,382

You're welcome to all of you!

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496

Fluidos last year, GME this year. Thanks Santa!

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017

Thanks for the new plugin.

News post at CarraraCafe by rk and updated by me:
    http://carraracafe.com/news/new-plug-in-by-ab-genesis-morphs-eraser/

• Wow! Thank you so much. Think you can convince DAZ to put Carrara into the care of you and some of the others still making great plugins to expand its capabilities??

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,224

So cool! Thank you!

In making my new characters in Carrara, I was using Genesis Generation X2 with the GenX2 for Genesis 2 plugins. Along with all of the products (shapes) I've bought for Genesis, I get a bazillion dials on my Genesis figure. Well I noticed that, unlike in Daz Studio, once we save a Carrara version, new add-ons don't automatically get added to the Carrara saved Genesis.

So I went into My Daz3d Library > data > DAZ 3D > Genesis > Morphs, and moved out all of the morphs I didn't want as dials on my Dartanbeck character before loading Genesis into Carrara to build my new Dartanbeck. Then did the same thing for my new Rosie character. Works great.

But then I decided to add Poke Away 2 dials from Genesis 2 to Genesis 1, so I had to redo it. I like the idea of being able to just leave my morph folders in place in the data folder, and just use this utility plugin to fix my figures inside Carrara. Can't wait to try this! 

Thanks!!!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,224

but worth it!

the same dressed figure (I used your tool on the clothes after using it it on the genesis) goes down to 183,000 

Just Terrific!!! I have all this genesis stuff I have never used because of the huge memory use!

my stuff was found at   g >mydazlibrary > data>daz3d>genesis                (I left it there but could have gone g >mydazlibrary > data>daz3d>genesis ​>base>morphs )

Very cool to know that it works on Clothes too!!! 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,819

but worth it!

Very cool to know that it works on Clothes too!!! 

oh wow this rocks

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104

Wow - many thanks!!

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

That seems to be a great plugin too but I don't use Genesis, is it possible to use it with the generations 3 and 4?

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,382
    DUDU said:

That seems to be a great plugin too but I don't use Genesis, is it possible to use it with the generations 3 and 4?

No, but it's unnecessary, the morphs in those generations can be loaded and deleted with injections.

• I tend to dip my toe carefully into the water when it comes to new plugins - especially when I don't fully understand the consequences.

That said, I finally got into such a memory bind with Genesis (V5), that I could not finish a scene.  Very annoying.

So I gave this plugin a shot.  After a little experimenting, the scene went from 135 GB to 35GB, and from previously using 7.2 GB of memory (I only have about 7.6 to play with), to 3 GB.  The scene also used to load at a sluggish 2.5 minutes.  Now it takes 30 seconds.  In saving the scene, it used to take 3-4 minutes, with the desktop bar going through different periods of "Carrara not responding."  Now there are zero periods of "Carrara not responding," and it takes 30 seconds.

Unbelievable!

Let's face it, Genesis can look pretty good, but it acts like bloatware in Carrara.  Alberto's pluging truly is a game changer, at least for me.

Thank you Alberto!  I apologize for taking so long to try it.  Part of my delay was me being content with older characters.  But Genesis content is sometimes nice to use, and it is now practical to do so.

yes thank you again Alberto!

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited October 2020

Has anyone had success using this with Genesis 2?  I have tried it a couple of times, and can only reduce the file by 15 megs (not much in a 700 meg scene).

I do the following:

The three layers in the instances tray are:

Michael 6 - top

Genesis 2 male - middle

Actor - bottom

I select Genesis 2 male

Then I open the morph ereaser, and navigate to Daz Studio content>data.>DAZ 3D.

Under that I open Genesis 2>Male>Morphs.  Highlighting "Morphs," I click OK, and get the following list:

The next step is somewhat confusing.  The instructions are to select only the product morphs I want to save.  So, does that mean if i click on none of them, that they will all be deleted?  I've tried that before and it didn't seem to do anything.  For now, I click on Michael 6, and then say OK.  Very little file reduction happens.

Can someone point out my error?  Thanks!

Genesis 2 morphs list.JPG
    346 x 375 - 37K
    Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,802

I'm not 100% as I haven't used it yet.. but from the description it is for Genesis so maybe G2 doesn't work.. frown

Has anyone had success using this with Genesis 2?  I have tried it a couple of times, and can only reduce the file by 15 megs (not much in a 700 meg scene).

I do the following:

The three layers in the instances tray are:

Michael 6 - top

Genesis 2 male - middle

Actor - bottom

I select Genesis 2 male

Then I open the morph ereaser, and navigate to Daz Studio content>data.>DAZ 3D.

Under that I open Genesis 2>Male>Morphs.  Highlighting "Morphs," I click OK, and get the following list:

The next step is somewhat confusing.  The instructions are to select only the product morphs I want to save.  So, does that mean if i click on none of them, that they will all be deleted?  I've tried that before and it didn't seem to do anything.  For now, I click on Michael 6, and then say OK.  Very little file reduction happens.

Can someone point out my error?  Thanks!

Hello UB

I click on the Genesis 2 male then apply the eraser. I next apply the eraser to each individual clothing items and also the hair. Hope it works for you !

edited October 2020

Hello again. Did a quick trial with G2M. Saved file hits the 4 194 334 kb limit of Carrara, with GME saved size is 1 206 193 kb

GME Trial 1.png
    2534 x 1042 - 545K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
    Stezza said:

I'm not 100% as I haven't used it yet.. but from the description it is for Genesis so maybe G2 doesn't work.. frown

Thnks, but Alberto says in the instructions that the same procedure will apply to Genesis 2.

That's why I outlined my EXACT procedure, to see if someone can see an error.

Bunyip, the devil is in the details. :)  I am following the instructions pretty closely (I think) but the reeduiction in file size is not happening.

If you went from 4 gigs down to 1 gig, that is pretty impressive.

Out of curiosity I deleted the clothes and hair from my G2M trial run, and G2M in his birthday suit was 490 686 kb after GME.