Bryce Render Challenge number 37 ← That Way Madness Lies →

ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
edited August 2019 in Bryce Discussion

37th Daz3D Bryce Render challenge                       

Now Sponsored by Daz 3D                                                     

Theme for this challenge is   ←That Way Madness Lies→             

*`·._.·*·._.·´*`·._.·*·._.·´*`·._.·*·._.·´*`·._.·*·._.·´*`·._.·*·._.·´*`·._.·*·._.·´*`·._.·*·._.·´*`·._.·*·._.·´*`·._.·*

This came out of a chance comment in a conversation in the Mod Room,  and seemed as though it would be a great theme for a render challenge, so I asked permission to use it  and was told to go ahead..  So lets see how this gets illustrated by our doughty Brycers.

The phrase has of course been used by Shakespeare, also been used as the title of a film, and I am sure used many other different ways,  now it's your turn.

Should be Fun                                                                                 

Your imagination is the only limit

This thread is the WIP thread, so you can post here to show us how things are coming along before the render is transferred to the actual Contest thread for judging. You don't have to do that.we collect up all the finished ones and make the thread, with each render given a number and title, but no artist name shown, so it's a blind judging thread for the judging panel.

Rules

• 

All renders must be new renders.
  • 

You can enter up to 3 renders.
  • 

You must abide by the DAZ 3D forum TOS
  • 

Imported content is allowed, but the render must be obviously a Bryce render.
  • 

Post Work permitted, but please keep it to a minimum.
  • 

Rules may be changed for subsequent Challenges, depending on the theme and the person who has selected it.
  •  

Please don't post your entry renders anywhere else until after the Challenge is judged, as judging is done in a blind judging thread, so the Judges don't know who has done which image.

Challenge ends Sept 30th 2019:- Midnight DAZ 3D time

DAZ 3D Sponsorship, in the form of Store credit

Ist place $30     2nd place $20     3rd place $15

In addition DAZ 3D Store Credit will be given to the people whose renders are selected as the Honourable mentions,
$10 for each of 3 honorable mentions

We will also be offering a special prize for the render judged the best from a Bryce New User. DAZ 3D will add $10.

Judged by a poll which will be set up at closure of the challenge.

By entering this contest, you agree to allow DAZ3D to use any artwork you submit in any promotional materials they may choose.

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,949
    edited August 2019

No.1  

yay-yay

Post edited by ed3D on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750
    ed3D said:

No.1  

yay-yay

?? I don't get the message here. Did you intend to upload something?

edited August 2019

I guess this will then be the first entry: The Scream.

Use two Genesis for the background, a freebie simple boat, self-made pier (in Bryce) and a selfmade screaming figure (in Hexagon). 

scream.jpg
    643 x 910 - 391K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • WOW! That's an incredible job. It's really close to Edvard Munch. Fantastic!

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,955
    edited August 2019

Hansmar - I second the WOW amazing work, recently I saw this image on pillow covers and looked up the artist, it's one of his best works. Well done.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • Okay, my first effort titled Fear to Madness.
    But always remember - it's just in your head ...

Fear to madness FERTIG.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 1M
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

Hansmar - The Scream is just fantastic.

drachenlords - great scene, the rubber cell for the mad and the spiders. What's in your head can sometimes be much more frightening than something real.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,076

Hansmar : just awesome !

drachenlords : great idea, amazing frightening scene.

Drachenlords - gives me the shivers, superb idea and render.

• Thanks Horo, adbc and mermaid.

Drachenlords, Mermaid, Horo, adbc: Thanks. Munch actually made several versions. According to Wiki, there are four paintings and one lithograph of the scene. At least two have been stolen from museums but have later been recovered.

Drachenlords: Fantastic scene. If that's in your head and you hate spiders, it must be quite enough to drive you crazy!

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited August 2019

Super, Hansmar...and I think you got the dimensions right too (saw the original in Norway way, way back - recalling a 2 feet by 2+1/2 feet size).

Oh jeez, Drachenlords...SPIDERS...I just won't sleep tonight (will send you my Psychologists's bill in the morning, which will be just MAD-ly high in expenses devil).

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

heh     This arachnaphobe is just refusing to look.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091

Hansmar - what a lovely version of The Scream.

drachenlords - brilliant idea, nicely carried out.

• @ Hansmar: Thank you.
    @Jay: Thanks. I take the bill then, but put the money right next to the lady in the picture ... and among the spiders ;-)
    @ Chohole: But she refusing herself. She only counts the spiders on the ceiling :)
    @ MelanieL: Thank you very much.

edited August 2019
    Hansmar said:
    ed3D said:

No.1  

yay-yay

?? I don't get the message here. Did you intend to upload something?

_put forth in an jesting manner +        _that it's  First comment   wink

Post edited by ed3D on

Hansmar :    execellent

drachenlords :    very well done

• Thank you, ed3d-

edited August 2019

Jay, MelanieL, ed3D: thanks. And the dimensions are right, because I looked them up before deciding on the size of my render.

And ed3D, thanks for clarifying. 

And, come on guys, where are you with your wonderful renders? Howcome I will be the first one to have two renders? Here is my second one. The figures are from DAZ (Michael 4, Genesis male and Genesis 2 male, using some premade modifications). Various clothing, shoes and hair also from DAZ. Posing in DAZ Studio, transferring them one by one via the Bridge to Bryce (it did not work all at a time). The remainder is modelled and textured in Bryce and I changed some clothing textures, mainly to remove ambience. Light from the sky and a fill light. Rendering, of course, in Bryce with regular anti-aliasing. (And, apologies to Slepalex: indeed I used quite a bit of DAZ Studio in preparing this one).

Title: One step beyond is .... Madness!

Onestepbeyond.jpg
    875 x 875 - 505K
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Hansmar - oh yes, I can hear that saxophone playing now! I like that sky and the colours, but whoever built that walkway there must be mad! :headshake: :tut:

Hansmar - quite an uncomfortable situation. Amazing how you could bring 6 Daz figures into Bryce. Very well done.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,076

Hansmar : Excellent render !

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 918

I like the nightmare Pictures here..... good work smiley

But, this topic is not mine... so I think I'm taking a break.

Hansmar - Wow excellent entry yes

Hansmar : drachenlords :   Very Welcome

• @ Hansmar: Really cool picture and really respect. To bring six figures into the scene is not easy.

• Okay, then here is my second entry.

Let me entertain you

Let me entertain you.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 1M

drachenlords - excellent, the rope burns, the lion is hungry.

MelanieL: Thanks. And glad you recognise the reference.

Horo, Drachenlords: Thank you. Well, bringing them in one by one did the trick. And then not adding too many other items. Walkway and ‘pits’ are very simple figures with minimum polygon count. I was afraid I would have to start taking textures into a program to limit their size, but luckily it worked without the extra effort. The scene is 520 MB, which is not the largest one in my files.  I have a scene with 788 MB that still works (self-made trees from NgPlant with lots of foliage).

Adbc, Mermaid, Yellow Pen: thanks.

Drachenlords: That’s really madness. Though the fall from the rope is not too high and the tiger will catch him, I guess. Wonderful idea and great story!

drachenlords - well at least he has a few knives to help him when he falls in with that tiger! What a fun picture.