Indenting Skin Where It Touches Objects

Hello peoples. New user here.

I'm just wondering if there is a way to have a figure's body part deflect when it comes into contact with an object. Is there perhaps a tutorial you can point me to that addresses this sort of thing?

I'm using DAZ3D Studio v.4.11 Pro and specifically for the Genesis 8 figure. I would be grateful for any help you can give.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• There are a couple of tools that could do this - dForms or a Push Modifier - in combination with a weight map. However, they are limited to working on the base mesh and in many cases there simply wouldn't be enough resolution to give a realistic effect. Things like the Real Fit series of clothes use HD morphs, which we cannot create. Displacement is an option, but that would be tricky to set up as you would be flipping back and forth between DS and at least one other aplication, and you'd need a render to see the result.

• Richard,

Thank you for your detailed response. I'll keep sluething for a solution. It's been a long time since I have used Poser11 Pro and it has something similar to what I'm looking for. But I like DAZ3D better ;) I didn't know about the Real Fit series of clothes, however. Thanks for that tip. Perhaps future versions of DAZ will have this feature. Thanks again for your reply. 

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744
    edited August 2019

Depending on what you're looking for specifically, there can be a few products that might help. For example, Zev0's Breast Control and Glute Control products do have some "squish" morphs when those soft body parts are pressed against flat surfaces. But if you wanted their hand to squish or an indent in the middle of a leg or arm those won't help. 

Some vendors like Aeon Soul are also including HD "squeeze" morphs in their products when the clothing should be tight and indenting the skin. ( HoloFlow Example Image )

But I don't think there's currenly any "general" product that will create a squish anywhere you want it.

Edit to Add: It's too bad Ironman13 retired before G8 came out. Her i13 SQUISH Morphs (for G2F) and i13 SQUISH Body Morphs for G3F were very good products with more options for body parts that should squish when sitting or lying down.

Post edited by JonnyRay on

In one of those interesting confluences in the cosmos, there's a new "squish" product on the market for G8F as of today!

iV Squish Morphs for G8F

• JonnyRay,

Thanks for your comments. I guess I should have checked back here sooner than last night. Specifically, I'm looking for a deformer plugin that will react to any static surface, e.g. a figure's torso deformed by the hard edge of a table or or someone's hand gripping a figure's arm, etc. I already have Zev0's breast and glute control products among others. I didn't know about the new Lotus Valery3D squish program. There's a lot going on in there bsides flattening boobs and buttocks and I would be interested in seeing the results. So thanks for clueing me on that. Until I find something that suits my needs I guess I'll try to be more adept at using DAZ's deform tool. Cheers      

• shootybearshootybear Posts: 136
    I haven't used this product so I have no idea how well it works, etc, but based on one promo scene of a woman punching a guy in the face and the facial deformation that results, this might do what you want: https://www.daz3d.com/simtenero-shape-reprojector
  • MusicFlyteMusicFlyte Posts: 14
    edited August 2019

shootybear

Thanks very much for posting this and for sharing the link to the SimTereno Shap Repojector. It looks promising although a bit pricey. I'm a Platinum Club member so I'll wait awhile and see if it goes on sale. If it fills my needs I'll report back.

Cheers

Post edited by MusicFlyte on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805

You can use dForce too. Discussion in this post.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300
    edited August 2019

shootybear

Thanks very much for posting this and for sharing the link to the SimTereno Shap Repojector. It looks promising although a bit pricey. I'm a Platinum Club member so I'll wait awhile and see if it goes on sale. If it fills my needs I'll report back.

Cheers

It goes on sale regularly.  Middle of June it was USD10.49, and a couple of weeks ago it was 50% off, and there was a sale with an additional reduction, which is when I bought it.  It shouldn't be too long.

Post edited by Sevrin on

Another option just occurred to me. mCasual has a tool called mcjSqueeze ( Freebie forum thread ). It may be worth taking a look at that.

• Rich

Thanks for that link to the dForce discussion. Since I started learning some of the many DAZ features I've found gForce to be one of the coolest. I'll check out your link.

Sevrin

I'll be patient and wait for the sale price. Thanks.

JonnyRay

I'll check out mCasual's mcjSqeeze but I'm not educated enough to use something like scripting just yet. Although It does sound similar to the setup for Dogz' dForce Couch and Poses product. If necessity is the mother of invention then the father must be laziness, so I'll hopefully end up with a plugin the does the most amount of work in the background :)

Cheers

mCacual's scripts are generally not too difficult to use. There are some where he's pushing the boundaries of what you would expect Daz Studio to do, but this one is as simple as creating a band that goes around the figure and then running the script. Still, like you're finding, there are a lot of options out there so in many cases it is a matter of finding the one that accomplishes your goals and "feels" the best to you. :)

• it is a matter of finding the one that accomplishes your goals and "feels" the best to you. :)

I could not hsve said it better myself.

cheers