DAZ Studio 4.6 User Guide and QuickStart Guide

DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

We just released a new User Guide and a new QuickStart Guide for DAZ Studio.

They are both available in .pdf format here:
http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/start

Comments

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

Thank you for these. I have already learned some things I did not know and I have only gotten to the end of Chapter 2.

• stump3point1stump3point1 Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

This will help those just starting out(and maybe a few advanced users).

Is there a more detailed Reference guide in the works(other than the online center)?

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Good idea this thread.

I'll mention of it in mine so people might migrate over. You have a lot of thank yous!

edited December 1969

And given the amount of time all this took ... as just installing everything and it runs, isn't exactly what's happening for everybody. As this is the first time I've installed with DIM I rather wonder if having the 2 CM [one for DIM and one for the 2 programs, release and beta] is what's causing the issue to get content to show. My 2 Cents.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I didn't even know I had a Barefoot Dancer until yesterday morning and was going to see what I could find out about it tonight. Voila! There she is in our new guide. Many, many thanks to anyone and everyone who put this together. We have needed it for a long time.:-)

• Zig ZagZig Zag Posts: 96
    edited December 1969

I agree, this will surely help out beginners, thanks a lot!

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Yes, thank you for this! Oh, and I just love that hair!

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Nicely done, thank you.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

It is a nice quick guide to the basics that should be very helpful to new users, good job. I learned a few new things reading through it that I did not know about yet and will doubtless refer back to it in the future.

Is there any chance that a complete guide covering every feature of DS, rather than just the more commonly used features described in this document, could be added as well? This basic guide would be an excellent starting point for such a document.

• edited December 1969

I applaud DAZ for completing and releasing a DAZ Studio Users Manual. Thank you!

Is there any chance of there being completed and released a manual for the Content Creation Tools? It is extremely frustrating not being able to find detailed information about the less obvious options in these tools. When I ask questions I am usually directed to the Documentation Center, which is woefully incomplete in this area.

Thank you.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

We have also asked for advanced documentation on the tools. If you have some knowledge of how the tools work you can get by, but if your someone who hasn't worked with the tools in the past then your completely lost

• edited December 1969

Thankfully I am not completely lost.

Thanks Frank0314.

• ExtremeAlphaExtremeAlpha Posts: 82
    edited December 1969

This is great. I've been doing this by trail & error.

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

So, the User Guide has been out for about a month now. The feedback so far has been good. I can't promise anything, but I do have plans (nothing concrete, so don't get too excited) for documenting some of the more advanced features in Studio.

Feel free to chime in with specific functions that you'd like to see covered first.

edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    So, the User Guide has been out for about a month now. The feedback so far has been good. I can't promise anything, but I do have plans (nothing concrete, so don't get too excited) for documenting some of the more advanced features in Studio.

Feel free to chime in with specific functions that you'd like to see covered first.

Thank you .... anything to do with ERC :-)

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:

So many things leap to mind they all jam together, so I don't actually have any one that's more important than any other one. :-) However, how about the various menu options that are listed when clicking on the Active Pane menu icon for each of the tabs you already have in the documentation? (ex: what does the Parameter Pane's "Consolidate Properties" do, etc.)

And if you want to quickly bulk up your manual without lots of extra work, you could merge some of the existing documentation; for example, there's a document out there describing the various bricks in the Shader Mixer tab; perhaps the two documents could simply be combined into one, and instantly everybody who didn't know about the other one who downloaded yours would suddenly have it. (shader_mixer_brick_docs.pdf, the one that starts with
    "Shader Mixer Reference
    Overview
    Shader mixer provides a user-friendly interface"... etc.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:

So many things leap to mind they all jam together, so I don't actually have any one that's more important than any other one. :-) However, how about the various menu options that are listed when clicking on the Active Pane menu icon for each of the tabs you already have in the documentation? (ex: what does the Parameter Pane's "Consolidate Properties" do, etc.)

And if you want to quickly bulk up your manual without lots of extra work, you could merge some of the existing documentation; for example, there's a document out there describing the various bricks in the Shader Mixer tab; perhaps the two documents could simply be combined into one, and instantly everybody who didn't know about the other one who downloaded yours would suddenly have it. (shader_mixer_brick_docs.pdf, the one that starts with
    "Shader Mixer Reference
    Overview
    Shader mixer provides a user-friendly interface"... etc.I'll second more documentation for shader mixer...

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,133
    edited December 1969

Hi Guys
    I've been reading and searching everything i can trying to find an Daz studio development kit .
    is there such a thing for daz4.6? I have one for for daz studio 3 , But when i tried using it to create something for daz4.6, I noticed the coding was different.
    i would like to give it a try at creating a FX program plugin for daz 4.6 mostly dealing with creating a particle effects plugin that can use a independent light source, this is not really for to sell or anything , its I just need a particale effects program for my animation.
    how would I go about creating it.? I could not find a SDK plugin or documents for such.
    is there documentation for creating plugin content?
    are there any documents on creating coding for fx programs for Daz Studio so I can satisfy what is needed to make a particle effects plugin work with Daz Studio 4.6?

thank you for reading my comment any suggestions would be great.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,133
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much this is just what I needed

• edited December 1969

there ARE 3 DAZ Studio User Guides and they are abour 250 pages and the other is 350 pages long. The are DAZ Studio Guide books and can be downloaded from The ITunes web site right into your ipad I have all three and they are great

• edited November 2014

Go to Apple ITunes to down DAZ Studio USER Guide books there are 3 DAZ Studio user guides.

[email protected]

1.jpg
    648 x 657 - 309K
    Post edited by Softimage_Graphic_Artist on
  • edited November 2014

This was the second DAZ Studio Guide I found on the Apple.com website (iTunes Store) just download it into uour ipad or iphone it is 192 pages long

e-mail ; [email protected]

2.jpg
    648 x 657 - 283K
  • edited November 2014

The last of the DAZ Studio Guides I found on the iTunes Store was this another good book this also can be downloaded from the iTunes Store website.

[email protected]

3.jpg
    648 x 657 - 264K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Figures, characters and avatars - DazStudio3
    The Complete Guide to DazStudio4 - well, it's 4.
    Actual version is 4.6 - and if you try to use for example the Property editor, you will find out that things got moved around a lot between 4 and 4.6!
    Just a word of warning.

• edited November 2014

There is a complete Guide for DAZ Studio actually there are three(3) books manuals for DAZ Studio on ITunes website see below:

DAZ Studio 4 and 4.6 are not that much of a difference. I think anyway the manuals are still good.

• 3Don3Don Posts: 690
    edited December 1969

What is the latest version number of DS 4.6?

Is it a Beta?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

DS 4.6.3.52 not beta

• misssusan002misssusan002 Posts: 23
    edited December 1969

Is there any kind of manual on how to use the figure maker at all. I mean where you can take a simple primitive's and turn them into a figure. Nothing complex just some simple stuff using primitive's that all.

Sue