MMX-Dark DS - A Dark user style for Daz Studio

MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
edited January 2023 in Freebies

MMX-Dark DS is a user style for Daz Studio.  Its a dark theme intended to be esier on the eyes for long term use.  This will ONLY modify the colors of the UI, it will NOT change the layout of the tabs and what not.

To install it, in windows, place it in the following location:

C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\user styles - If this location does not excist on your computer, you will need to create it.  Please see this post below by IceCrMn - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4802526/#Comment_4802526

To change the theme style in Daz Studio, go to "Window > Style > Select Style..."

Link: https://mega.nz/#!ulgwkSaZ!h5NHw-3T1DwnaTI6R-iUb9E3CMYWS5GwzwFPOZaEvvI

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13ZJSVRWd9og8_TTe2c1w9A51mYDOQZFe/view?usp=share_link

Post edited by Mattymanx on

Comments

• Thanks! I'll take that.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

You're welcome Captain

• kimhkimh Posts: 386

Thank you so much...what a difference that makes

kimh said:

Thank you so much...what a difference that makes

You're welcome!  laugh

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

Thanks

Thanks

You're welcome

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,107

Thank you,love this style, instant favorite :)

IceCrMn said:

Thank you,love this style, instant favorite :)

You're welcome IceCrMn!

• evacynevacyn Posts: 958

Absolutely amazing - thank you so much for this :)

evacyn said:

Absolutely amazing - thank you so much for this :)

You're welcome Evacyn!

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,976
    edited August 2019

Studio 4.6 PRO _

_some kind of error ??

Post edited by ed3D on
  • smoke14smoke14 Posts: 245

Thank you so much for sharing this. I tend to like darker backgrounds/styles & this is very welcome. Started using it immediately.

• BronzeDragonBronzeDragon Posts: 381
    edited August 2019

Looks very nice. I'd like to use it as I like a darker interface (eye problems), but I do not have the directory that you say it should be placed in. Any other suggestions on where to place it?

Edit:

Sorry, never mind. I fugured it out. I just created a new directory with the correct name, then placed the files in it. Looks great. Thanks very much for the layout.

Post edited by BronzeDragon on
  • 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

HI @Mattymanx, does this change the layout (where tabs are docked, etc) or just the colors?  I like the colors/look, but I've become accustomed to my layout.  In either case, nice of you to provide as a freebie!

• Sisyphus1977Sisyphus1977 Posts: 305
    edited August 2019

3dOutlaw said:

....does this change the layout (where tabs are docked, etc) or just the colors?

Outlaw, I just installed this and opened it, it only changed the colors and my layout stayed the same.  Really nice look.  Thanks a million @Mattymanx !

Post edited by Sisyphus1977 on
  • LuckBeLuckBe Posts: 93

Thank you so much for sharing this! I have been using the default dark theme and I'm excited to have something even darker. Very restful on the eyes. 

• NekoSoreNekoSore Posts: 35

Thank you for sharing! I couldn't get it to work (Doesn't show up in the style selection, using Daz 4.12.0.42 Beta) but it got me inspired to make my own even darker style so thanks for the inspiration!

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,107
    NekoSore said:

Thank you for sharing! I couldn't get it to work (Doesn't show up in the style selection, using Daz 4.12.0.42 Beta) but it got me inspired to make my own even darker style so thanks for the inspiration!

The folder "user styles" dosen't exsist unless you (the user) makes a custom style and saves it :).

So, to make it work in the beta navigate to C:\Users\NekoSore\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4 Public Build

then make a new folder called "user styles" and drop the folder 'MMX-Dark DS" in to it. Then start up Studio Beta, then click Window>Style>Select Style. Clcik the drop down menu on the top right and the new "MMX-Dark DS" theme should be on the list there.

note: Current release and beta store the user styles in differnt locations.

release= C:\Users\YourUserNameGoesHere\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4

Beta=C:\Users\YourUserNameGoesHere\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4 Public Build

• NekoSoreNekoSore Posts: 35
    IceCrMn said:

The folder "user styles" dosen't exsist unless you (the user) makes a custom style and saves it :).

So, to make it work in the beta navigate to C:\Users\NekoSore\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4 Public Build

then make a new folder called "user styles" and drop the folder 'MMX-Dark DS" in to it. Then start up Studio Beta, then click Window>Style>Select Style. Clcik the drop down menu on the top right and the new "MMX-Dark DS" theme should be on the list there.

Thank you for the detailed explanation! I had created the "user styles" folder in the regular studio 4 folder instead of the public build beta folder which I primarly use. Now it shows up in the styles drop down menu and works great! Thanks again!

ed3D said:

Studio 4.6 PRO _

_some kind of error ??

This was made in DS 4.11 so I would not expact it to work in older versions.  Sorry!

smoke14 said:

Thank you so much for sharing this. I tend to like darker backgrounds/styles & this is very welcome. Started using it immediately.

You're welcome Smoke14!

edited August 2019
    3dOutlaw said:

HI @Mattymanx, does this change the layout (where tabs are docked, etc) or just the colors?  I like the colors/look, but I've become accustomed to my layout.  In either case, nice of you to provide as a freebie!

Sorry for the late replay 3DOutlaw, but sisyphus1977xx is correct, it just changes your colors, not the style.

3dOutlaw said:

....does this change the layout (where tabs are docked, etc) or just the colors?

Outlaw, I just installed this and opened it, it only changed the colors and my layout stayed the same.  Really nice look.  Thanks a million @Mattymanx !

You're welcome Sisyphus1977xx

Post edited by Mattymanx on
    LuckBe said:

Thank you so much for sharing this! I have been using the default dark theme and I'm excited to have something even darker. Very restful on the eyes. 

You;re welcome LuckBe

IceCrMn said:
    NekoSore said:

Thank you for posting that.  I lost track of this thread and was late to reply.  I have edited the first post with a link to your post.  Thank you again.

Main post has also been updated to state that it changes the colors only and not the layout.

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,976
    edited August 2019
    Mattymanx said:
    ed3D said:

Studio 4.6 PRO _

_some kind of error ??

This was made in DS 4.11 so I would not expact it to work in older versions.  Sorry!

_alright _then  Thanx

Post edited by ed3D on
  • FistyFisty Posts: 3,416

Thanks!

Fisty said:

Thanks!

You're Welcome!

• IslandgirlIslandgirl Posts: 378

I can't wait to use it! Thank you!

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,921

Thanks for this, you are the ma'am!

All cheezy dad-jokes aside, this makes my eyes very happy!

• Phloki3dPhloki3d Posts: 124

Damn this looks like it makes such a difference. Thank you, going to try it out later!