MMX-Dark DS - A Dark user style for Daz Studio

MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,071
edited August 6 in Freebies

MMX-Dark DS is a user style for Daz Studio.  Its a dark theme intended to be esier on the eyes for long term use.  This will ONLY modify the colors of the UI, it will NOT change the layout of the tabs and what not.

To install it, in windows, place it in the following location:

C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\user styles - If this location does not excist on your computer, you will need to create it.  Please see this post below by IceCrMn - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4802526/#Comment_4802526

To change the theme style in Daz Studio, go to "Window > Style > Select Style..."

 

Link: https://mega.nz/#!ulgwkSaZ!h5NHw-3T1DwnaTI6R-iUb9E3CMYWS5GwzwFPOZaEvvI

 

2019-07-15_160707.png
1920 x 1058 - 179K
2019-07-18_132754.png
1920 x 1058 - 248K
Post edited by Mattymanx on
«1

Comments

  • Thanks! I'll take that.

  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,071

    You're welcome Captain

  • kimhkimh Posts: 183

    Thank you so much...what a difference that makes

  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,071
    kimh said:

    Thank you so much...what a difference that makes

    You're welcome!  laugh

  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 11,729

    Thanks

  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,071

    Thanks

    You're welcome

     

  • IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 992

    Thank you,love this style, instant favorite :)

  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,071
    IceCrMn said:

    Thank you,love this style, instant favorite :)

    You're welcome IceCrMn!

  • evacynevacyn Posts: 257

    Absolutely amazing - thank you so much for this :)

  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,071
    evacyn said:

    Absolutely amazing - thank you so much for this :)

    You're welcome Evacyn!

  • ed3Ded3D Posts: 619
    edited August 1

    Studio 4.6 PRO _

    _some kind of error ??

     

    Post edited by ed3D on
  • smoke14smoke14 Posts: 132

    Thank you so much for sharing this. I tend to like darker backgrounds/styles & this is very welcome. Started using it immediately.

  • BronzeDragonBronzeDragon Posts: 63
    edited August 2

    Looks very nice. I'd like to use it as I like a darker interface (eye problems), but I do not have the directory that you say it should be placed in. Any other suggestions on where to place it?

    Edit:

    Sorry, never mind. I fugured it out. I just created a new directory with the correct name, then placed the files in it. Looks great. Thanks very much for the layout.

    Post edited by BronzeDragon on
  • 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,004

    HI @Mattymanx, does this change the layout (where tabs are docked, etc) or just the colors?  I like the colors/look, but I've become accustomed to my layout.  In either case, nice of you to provide as a freebie!

  • Sisyphus1977Sisyphus1977 Posts: 103
    edited August 2

    3dOutlaw said:

    ....does this change the layout (where tabs are docked, etc) or just the colors?

    Outlaw, I just installed this and opened it, it only changed the colors and my layout stayed the same.  Really nice look.  Thanks a million @Mattymanx !

    Post edited by Sisyphus1977 on
  • LuckBeLuckBe Posts: 89

    Thank you so much for sharing this! I have been using the default dark theme and I'm excited to have something even darker. Very restful on the eyes. 

  • NekoSoreNekoSore Posts: 27

    Thank you for sharing! I couldn't get it to work (Doesn't show up in the style selection, using Daz 4.12.0.42 Beta) but it got me inspired to make my own even darker style so thanks for the inspiration!

  • IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 992
    NekoSore said:

    Thank you for sharing! I couldn't get it to work (Doesn't show up in the style selection, using Daz 4.12.0.42 Beta) but it got me inspired to make my own even darker style so thanks for the inspiration!

    The folder "user styles" dosen't exsist unless you (the user) makes a custom style and saves it :).

    So, to make it work in the beta navigate to C:\Users\NekoSore\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4 Public Build

    then make a new folder called "user styles" and drop the folder 'MMX-Dark DS" in to it. Then start up Studio Beta, then click Window>Style>Select Style. Clcik the drop down menu on the top right and the new "MMX-Dark DS" theme should be on the list there.

     

    note: Current release and beta store the user styles in differnt locations.

    release= C:\Users\YourUserNameGoesHere\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4

    Beta=C:\Users\YourUserNameGoesHere\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4 Public Build

  • NekoSoreNekoSore Posts: 27
    IceCrMn said:

    The folder "user styles" dosen't exsist unless you (the user) makes a custom style and saves it :).

    So, to make it work in the beta navigate to C:\Users\NekoSore\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4 Public Build

    then make a new folder called "user styles" and drop the folder 'MMX-Dark DS" in to it. Then start up Studio Beta, then click Window>Style>Select Style. Clcik the drop down menu on the top right and the new "MMX-Dark DS" theme should be on the list there.

     

    note: Current release and beta store the user styles in differnt locations.

    release= C:\Users\YourUserNameGoesHere\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4

    Beta=C:\Users\YourUserNameGoesHere\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4 Public Build

    Thank you for the detailed explanation! I had created the "user styles" folder in the regular studio 4 folder instead of the public build beta folder which I primarly use. Now it shows up in the styles drop down menu and works great! Thanks again!

  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,071
    ed3D said:

    Studio 4.6 PRO _

    _some kind of error ??

     

    This was made in DS 4.11 so I would not expact it to work in older versions.  Sorry!

  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,071
    smoke14 said:

    Thank you so much for sharing this. I tend to like darker backgrounds/styles & this is very welcome. Started using it immediately.

    You're welcome Smoke14!

  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,071
    edited August 6
    3dOutlaw said:

    HI @Mattymanx, does this change the layout (where tabs are docked, etc) or just the colors?  I like the colors/look, but I've become accustomed to my layout.  In either case, nice of you to provide as a freebie!

    Sorry for the late replay 3DOutlaw, but sisyphus1977xx is correct, it just changes your colors, not the style.

     

    3dOutlaw said:

    ....does this change the layout (where tabs are docked, etc) or just the colors?

    Outlaw, I just installed this and opened it, it only changed the colors and my layout stayed the same.  Really nice look.  Thanks a million @Mattymanx !

    You're welcome Sisyphus1977xx

    Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,071
    LuckBe said:

    Thank you so much for sharing this! I have been using the default dark theme and I'm excited to have something even darker. Very restful on the eyes. 

    You;re welcome LuckBe

  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,071
    IceCrMn said:
    NekoSore said:

    Thank you for sharing! I couldn't get it to work (Doesn't show up in the style selection, using Daz 4.12.0.42 Beta) but it got me inspired to make my own even darker style so thanks for the inspiration!

    The folder "user styles" dosen't exsist unless you (the user) makes a custom style and saves it :).

    So, to make it work in the beta navigate to C:\Users\NekoSore\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4 Public Build

    then make a new folder called "user styles" and drop the folder 'MMX-Dark DS" in to it. Then start up Studio Beta, then click Window>Style>Select Style. Clcik the drop down menu on the top right and the new "MMX-Dark DS" theme should be on the list there.

     

    note: Current release and beta store the user styles in differnt locations.

    release= C:\Users\YourUserNameGoesHere\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4

    Beta=C:\Users\YourUserNameGoesHere\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4 Public Build

    Thank you for posting that.  I lost track of this thread and was late to reply.  I have edited the first post with a link to your post.  Thank you again.

     

    Main post has also been updated to state that it changes the colors only and not the layout.

  • ed3Ded3D Posts: 619
    edited August 9
    Mattymanx said:
    ed3D said:

    Studio 4.6 PRO _

    _some kind of error ??

    This was made in DS 4.11 so I would not expact it to work in older versions.  Sorry!

    _alright _then  Thanx

    Post edited by ed3D on
  • FistyFisty Posts: 3,398

    Thanks!

  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,071
    Fisty said:

    Thanks!

    You're Welcome!

  • IslandgirlIslandgirl Posts: 234

    I can't wait to use it! Thank you!

  • takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 770

    Thanks for this, you are the ma'am!

    All cheezy dad-jokes aside, this makes my eyes very happy!

  • Phloki3DPhloki3D Posts: 15

    Damn this looks like it makes such a difference. Thank you, going to try it out later! 

Sign In or Register to comment.