LAMH renders in green

edited October 2013 in New Users

Hi all, not sure if this is the best place to post this or not.... but...

I have installed and ATTEMPTED to use both LAMH Free Player and Garibaldi Express Beta 13. As for Garibaldi, it says it has installed when i start Daz3DStudio 4.6 but when I go to the "Posing | Shaping" tab, select "Scene," then mouse up to "Create" there is no option for "New Garibaldi Express Hair" as the tutorial suggests. I have checked that it installed properly and I have reinstalled it a few times with no new results.

That out of the way, I figured the LAMH was the only option for my rig. I was able to produce a few renders, but today after I got the update from the DIM for LAMH, all the renders show up in green. I tried fooling around with the settings in many various ways only to end up with the same result or a complete Daz3D crash to desktop.

Both of these plugins seem to have amazingly nice final renders but I can't get them to run correctly to save my life. I plan to buy one soon, but if their demo products don't work and their websites offer so little in instruction-support-troubleshooting, I am weary to to just throw away $50 for nothing... I personally like Garibaldi's function and control more from what I have seen (yet I can't get that to work AT ALL so maybe not so much) but LAMH seems to actually HALF-work, I just dislike that I have to use extremely limited presets that usually don't fit my custom models correctly and I cannot seem to do 90% of what they advertise [like erasing hair growing out of eyeballs and such]. I can however fix all that in Photoshop so it is not to much lost. I just render twice, without and with hair, and place the with hair layer on top and erase as needed.

Anyway, sorry for such a long-winded post. Anyone have these problems before and possibly know a work around? I am on Windows 7 UE x64 if that makes any difference.

Included a pic if that helps.

Post edited by s.camburn.faithbook on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

The Garibaldi beta, as far as I know, is available only to those who have purchased - unless you mean the pre-release beta, in which case it may well have timed out.

As for LaMH, I would suggest as a first step checking your log (Help>Troubleshooting>View log) for errors relating to shaders and then posting in the dedicated LaMH thread..

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Hi all, not sure if this is the best place to post this or not.... but...

I have installed and ATTEMPTED to use both LAMH Free Player and Garibaldi Express Beta 13. As for Garibaldi, it says it has installed when i start Daz3DStudio 4.6 but when I go to the "Posing | Shaping" tab, select "Scene," then mouse up to "Create" there is no option for "New Garibaldi Express Hair" as the tutorial suggests. I have checked that it installed properly and I have reinstalled it a few times with no new results.

That out of the way, I figured the LAMH was the only option for my rig. I was able to produce a few renders, but today after I got the update from the DIM for LAMH, all the renders show up in green. I tried fooling around with the settings in many various ways only to end up with the same result or a complete Daz3D crash to desktop.

Both of these plugins seem to have amazingly nice final renders but I can't get them to run correctly to save my life. I plan to buy one soon, but if their demo products don't work and their websites offer so little in instruction-support-troubleshooting, I am weary to to just throw away $50 for nothing... I personally like Garibaldi's function and control more from what I have seen (yet I can't get that to work AT ALL so maybe not so much) but LAMH seems to actually HALF-work, I just dislike that I have to use extremely limited presets that usually don't fit my custom models correctly and I cannot seem to do 90% of what they advertise [like erasing hair growing out of eyeballs and such]. I can however fix all that in Photoshop so it is not to much lost. I just render twice, without and with hair, and place the with hair layer on top and erase as needed.

Anyway, sorry for such a long-winded post. Anyone have these problems before and possibly know a work around? I am on Windows 7 UE x64 if that makes any difference.

Included a pic if that helps.

Hello, is the pic you are showing a viewport screenshot or a render? I assume it's the first, as the guides show green in the preview, but get rendered correctly with the material properties previously assigned.
    Let me know how I can help, ok?

• GoneGone Posts: 833
    edited December 1969

Garibaldi Express Beta 13 has long since expired. There is a beta site where you can download Beta 19 Express or Basic.

As Richard said, the Express version will only work for those who have already bought version 1 in the store.

Basic is a free player for anyone to use. It will allow you to load/save an existing preset and you can comb the hair to suit the pose (or change it completely as much as combing will allow) but you cannot create or otherwise style hair.

• edited December 1969

Hello, is the pic you are showing a viewport screenshot or a render? I assume it's the first, as the guides show green in the preview, but get rendered correctly with the material properties previously assigned.

No that is a render... Used the 3Delight on max settings. At first I was curious that it was occurring due to the "level 1" render I used to test what my lighting looked like but then I turned up to 2, 3, then 4. Original resolution was 7680x4320 16:9 300ppi so the file was to large to upload, so reduced the size in PS CS6 to a resolution fitting to post here and exported "for web" as a jpg. I have used it in the past and it worked fine. I am really unsure what the issue may be.

Just purchased the LAMH full version to see what's up. hopefully that in itself will fix the issue.

• edited December 1969

Gone said:
    Garibaldi Express Beta 13 has long since expired. There is a beta site where you can download Beta 19 Express or Basic.

As Richard said, the Express version will only work for those who have already bought version 1 in the store.

Basic is a free player for anyone to use. It will allow you to load/save an existing preset and you can comb the hair to suit the pose (or change it completely as much as combing will allow) but you cannot create or otherwise style hair.

Thanks Gone, yeah looking into it. As far as the Garibaldi thing goes, I can't even remember where I downloaded it, but it was surely a 3rd party 3D site. That is what I get for nabbing like 600GB of content in less than a month and not tracking where it is from.

I think I may wind up purchasing the Garbaldi tool also since I have read [ad nauseum] many conflicting views on the pros and cons of each. It seems both have different strengths and weaknesses.

** To all, thank you for your fast responses and willingness to help out.

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited November 2013

No that is a render... Used the 3Delight on max settings. At first I was curious that it was occurring due to the "level 1" render I used to test what my lighting looked like but then I turned up to 2, 3, then 4. Original resolution was 7680x4320 16:9 300ppi so the file was to large to upload, so reduced the size in PS CS6 to a resolution fitting to post here and exported "for web" as a jpg. I have used it in the past and it worked fine. I am really unsure what the issue may be.

Just purchased the LAMH full version to see what's up. hopefully that in itself will fix the issue.

Please try to reset your DS render settings to default, and see if that does. About LAMH, be aware that we started a beta for LAMH customers that allows to use latest version in the house (which BTW is approaching release).
    Full announcement here: http://www.furrythings.com/look-hair-open-beta/

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • edited December 1969

Please try to reset your DS render settings to default, and see if that does. About LAMH, be aware that we started a beta for LAMH customers that allows to use latest version in the house (which BTW is approaching release).

Cool, and thanks Alessandro... I did wind up purchasing the full version and I still have the same issue only the hairs appear in blue guides instead of green. LOL! I will have to try to restore my render settings when I get home from work. Hopefully, that will work, I will also attempt a reinstall of DS if all else fails.

• edited December 1969

I reset everything to default with the same result...

Inside the LAMH "Salon" pane all looks well... Then I render and it shows only the guides...

TEST1-ScrnSht.jpg
    1360 x 768 - 402K
    Test1.png
    578 x 613 - 323K