Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 5

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,111
    edited November 2013

@David - those yellow ones look intriguing. Got to check what you're up to now.

@Dave - good start, I think we're all great fans of Peter.

I'm still in experimental mode. Shapes from David's last Wings videos. A high contrast image wrapped around them. Specularity, Anisotropy and Transparency controlled with a hyper texture. A fully white HDRI supplies light and speculartity.

IBLspec01.jpg
    800 x 533 - 104K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Dave :I hope peter will be for sale in the states also......heres how far I have gotten with the house ...I imported vic and was able to make her a little larger.....still a WIP

vic_house.jpg
    840 x 683 - 198K
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969
    SFX_hyper_texture_for_shadowless_HDRI1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 388K
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited November 2013

That last one, Horo, is super - great effect whatever you're doing. Sadly, not into Wings3D (can't start in to another 'ware right now) but it looks like a great piece of kit.

Bullit...very nice house - worst about these house projects is you then want to furnish them afterwards, but you learn so much in the process.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969
    SFX_hyper_texture_for_shadowless_HDRI2.jpg
    850 x 850 - 386K
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Trish: Cute looking Albert. I see you solved your roof problem, and it looks very nice.

@mermaid: That image really looks nice, love the colors.

@Horo: Hmmm, using portrait ratio is a thought I'll have to try next time. The cubes you've made are gorgeous.

@David: Results of your current experiments are quite nice.

@Dave: Another great Peter image. That particular one would be a market grabber for sure. Nicely done. Tried your roof procedure and, except for the roof material, came up with the following.

Roof_Test_1.png
    1080 x 810 - 590K
    edited December 1969

@GussNemo - thank you. Nice roof. The lower part of the house is a bit on the small side :-P

@Jamahoney - thank you. Just tinkering.

@David - nice space scene.

edited November 2013

@Horo: Thank you, Dave's roof solution was something I hadn't considered. And it's for extremely small people. I like the results you got with David's Wing object using the hyper texture, and watched David's video, but wonder how the different colors were achieved. I did the Icosahedron in Wings which separates into ten parts, and have assigned two different materials to each group of five. Can hyper texture be used with existing materials?

@fencepost: Thanks. I saw that when I went to Bryce 5 to find material someone was looking for. Knowing me, I more than likely have downloaded that material but haven't used it yet.

Post edited by GussNemo on
  • DangerladDangerlad Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@David - I can't wait until I get home to watch your newest video. The renders that you did are beautiful.

I have spent much of my quiet time today noodling about with some Wings3d objects based on your Art Wade Twisted shape video. In the video you did a cube, I decided to try the other shapes. This render is my take on the video. From left to right the objects are a Tetrahedron, an Octotoad, an Octahedron, and Icosahedron, and finally a Dodecahedron. The materials on the objects are all from the P34 metals. It is light using Obscure TA at 36 RPP with soft shadows. TA scattering and boost light are both turned on. I used Horo's "Garage-Door Closed" HDRI for the lighting along with the Bryce sun at 50 Diffuse and 100 Specular.

I really like how the Icosahedron turned out, shape wise that is. I'm going to do a render of just it and possibly a separated bit of it to show off the geometry.

Art_Wade_Objects.jpg
    1400 x 700 - 977K
    edited November 2013

Dangerlad: very nice effects with your shapes

fencepost52: That's a good idea to use it for Alberts home....

mermaid; nice field scene with the flowers and mts.

Horo: The colors in post #1411 are very cool really like the shapes

Guss; Your roof came out great..I just was so lost in building I could not figure out how to make the roof...LOL brain was on overload

David; Your experiments are moving right along and you are getting some very nice and interesting shapes.

Jay: Thanks the important part for me is having fun....LOL I didn't even think about the inside........Oh well

ok one more for tonight.....Albert while visiting the lost Island of Boondoggle....being the ever vigilant scientist has discovered a new sub-species of callinectes sapidus........

albert_and_crab2.jpg
    1193 x 595 - 494K
    Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

@GussNemo - the different colours are from a high contrast spherical panorama wrapped around it and used for Specular and Transparent. A positive hyper texture controls specularity, transparency and anisotropy. Light and specular come from an uniformly white HDRI.

@Trish - thank you. I like your toon scene. I wonder if Albert has already come up with a formula that relates the number of leg segments and the number of clippers.

edited December 1969

@Dangerlad: That image turned out well, they all look like colored balls of wire. Reflections are a nice touch.

@Trish: Thanks, I just had to give Dave's roof instruction a try. I tried a building some time in the past but used the Del key before it was finished. The Albert image is great, though I was thinking he was a bit crabby seeing the crustacean in the scene.

@Horo: I take it a high contrast spherical panorama is different than an HDRI? What is it exactly? The positive hyper texture sounds similar to David's overdriven material. I take it preset materials can't be used with this method?

edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    @Horo: I take it a high contrast spherical panorama is different than an HDRI? What is it exactly? The positive hyper texture sounds similar to David's overdriven material. I take it preset materials can't be used with this method?

Yes it is. It is still just a conventional LDRI but contrast and saturation was boosted. I took one of my Wallpapers and rendered it with the Spherical Mapper as 4000 x 2000, saved as 48-bit TIFF and then processed it to an HDRI and finally reduced it to an LDRI.

What I call Hypertexture is the base of overdriven materials. An overdriven material is a material using a hypertexture in one or several slots and/or controls. The hypertexture (positive and negative) has been discovered by David and it exists since Bryce 5.0. Preset materials can be enhanced by using a hypertexture. There are many possibilities and we are still trying to fathom the extent of how they can be used and discover queer behaviours on the way. It's quite exciting.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

New render Challenge announced. This one will run till the end of the Year.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/32280/

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,988
    edited November 2013

Thanks to everyone who commented on my renders.

Horo – All your experiments are looking great especially the ones on the top of this page

David - awesome results with all your renders, thanks for the new videos.

Fencepost- great results, both are looking nice.

Dave – another cute Peter render

Trish – the house is looking nice and Albert’s new discovery is ready for a book cover for a kiddies book.

Dangerlad – nice going with the tuts, the shapes look good.

I tried David’s experiments with the solid videos with the Octahedron, but I did not get the results he got. David got 2 parts in the 1st video whereas I got one part. The other objects are from the twisted cube-Another looped shape. I used the default materials and used Horo’s Sramp Hdri –Premium 256 RPP.

The second is just a simple render with the 8 parts from the same video and the last is the shape again with two materials.

I will try the other shapes later in the week and the new videos later this week.

twistedcube.jpg
    500 x 650 - 59K
    cube8separateieces.jpg
    600 x 600 - 36K
    hdri-solildexp44mins.jpg
    800 x 500 - 45K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • goofygrmom3goofygrmom3 Posts: 160
    edited December 1969

Super work going on here. I love all the shiny twisted objects. I wish I had more time to play, but RL gets in the way of computer time...

• DangerladDangerlad Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@Mermaid010 - I really like the first render. I know you said that it was just the default material but it looks a lot like bone or unglazed porcelain.

As promised here is my Art Wade style icosahedron. It was made in Wing3d and when I finished I decide to "Separate" the model and got 12 pieces. The two thing to the left of the icosahedron are just 2 of the 12 loops/pieces. I like how they kind of look like flowers. I think that the geometry is very elegant.

Art_Wade_Icosahedron.jpg
    1050 x 700 - 682K
    edited December 1969

@mermaid010 - thank you. Your new shapes look great. The coloured ribbons looks particularly nice.

@Dangerlad - shapes are great. I agree that the one at left looks a bit like a flower.

edited December 1969

as Albert calculated the number of leg segments as related to the clippers.... he soon realized that the sub-species.... was not quite as docile as he first appeared.........!!!!!!! ( good night all...Trish)

albert_and_crabfight_scene5.jpg
    1421 x 709 - 765K
    edited December 1969

Can't blame the crab with how it is handled by Albert.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 846
    edited December 1969

The little present is made with Wings3D, the ashtray and the cigarette are pure Bryce. A bit of smoke would have been nice, but my attempts looked so AAAAARGH that I thought it would be better to let it away. Light is IBL with HDRI.

glaenzende_objekte.jpg
    900 x 675 - 427K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,988
    edited December 1969

Dangerlad –nice shapes and render and the one on the left does look like a flower.

Trish- the story continues……

Electro-Elvis – interesting, did you use an image of a cigarette for the material?

Tried a few more shapes from

Wings 3D project - Twisted loop test on five perfect solids - by David Brinnen

Wings 3D project - Art Wade twisted loop test on five perfect solids - by David Brinnen

This was an ideal opportunity to use the gift from Horo and David last Christmas. The materials are default (Wings 3D default) with 20% reflection. Thanks David and Horo not only for the gift but also for sharing your knowledge with us.

wings3d-gift.jpg
    700 x 700 - 61K
    edited November 2013

@electro-elvis - really nicely done. The table top looks great. This must be outdoors with an open sky and with a slight breeze, it is difficult to see the rising smoke.

@mermaid010 - The shapes look great, perhaps a tad on the bright side. Good to see this freebie in use.

Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 1969

@Trish: That's becoming cuter as time goes by. Hope Albert doesn't forget that crab has two claws.

@electro: You've done a bang up job in that image. I like the overall effects of the ash tray.

@mermaid: Shapes are real nice, though purple upholstery?

Images below are the 10 segmented icosahedron. At first I couldn't figure out how to light them, then decided to try obscure lighting to see what resulted. I'd never tried obscure lighting before but I liked how these turned out. I wanted to really increase reflection but 100 is as high as it goes. So, in images 3,4 and 5, I whipped up the overdriven material setting and applied it to reflection. I thought these results were nice as well.

Icosahedron_Ribbons_12.png
    660 x 660 - 641K
    Icosahedron_Ribbons_11.png
    660 x 660 - 632K
    Icosahedron_Ribbons_10.png
    660 x 660 - 624K
    Icosahedron_Ribbons_7.png
    660 x 660 - 724K
    Icosahedron_Ribbons_6.png
    660 x 660 - 741K
    edited December 1969

@GussNemo - oh yes, all renders look great. Good use of the IceFire HDRI. Obscure Lighting is a great lighting scheme.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 846
    edited November 2013

Thank you mermaid010, GussNemo and Horo for the kind comments.

@mermaid010: No it is not an image. This are all Bryce materials of the library, except the filter material, that I have made especially for this cigarette. The ash is a volumetric material, which is lit by an orange sphere light with very small range.

@Horo: The smoke is my problem. And the surface of the present. First I intend to make a material, that looks a bit like gift wrap, e.g. golden stars. I am sure, you can do ist with the DTE, but not me. ;-) The table material is a photo. I added a bit reflection

@Guss: I built the ash tray with metaballs, to avoid harsh edges. I think that's why the HDRI works quiet well here.

Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Two variations of this Peter the Polar Bear render... Not sure if one is better than the other.

PeterCandlesALT.jpg
    650 x 450 - 280K
    PeterCandles.jpg
    450 x 650 - 266K
    edited December 1969

@Dave - they are both cute. For a Xmas card, the second one is probably better.

• Fire AngelFire Angel Posts: 232
    edited November 2013

Two variations of this Peter the Polar Bear render... Not sure if one is better than the other.

I much prefer the first, though both are good. The closer crop onto the bear's face gives the image a more intimate feel, which makes it more peaceful to me than the second. It's interesting that the first image breaks a few compositional rules yet still works really well.

Post edited by Fire Angel on
    edited November 2013

Elvis very nice model job so good that now I need a smoke......

Guss; These would make very cool Christmas ornaments for a tree

Dave: I like Peter in the second one with the tree.... it looks like he fell asleep waiting for Santa

Mermaid: your shapes are very neat ...Did you use shadow capture???

Post edited by Trish on
This discussion has been closed.