Anaglyphs - red and cyan glasses required to view.

Comments

• AtlantisAtlantis Posts: 133
    edited December 1969

Alien Corridor ( inside one of the Derelict's arms )

aliencorridor.jpg
    1180 x 574 - 443K
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Thank you @lantis. Again, you have tackled a difficult subject for an anaglyph. I've spent most of this evening fiddling with this scene to get a decent sense of depth.

Derstrand21w_dist_blr2_anaglypherized2.jpg
    750 x 750 - 693K
    edited December 1969

@ David... Watching this anyglyph made me almost step into my monitor ... very convincing depth

edited December 1969

How could I missed this one... that's a excellent anaglyph

Horo said:
    Yet another try, colours work quite nicely. Original here http://www.bryce5.com/details.php?image_id=3014 The facade is from Urban Future http://www.daz3d.com/shop/urban-future/ and the toon bots from here http://www.daz3d.com/shop/toon-bot-chomper/

edited December 1969

Had a go at a tunnel effect. This scene is taken from the Scene Converter. Converted it in a different way now.

Inside_the_accelerator_anaglypherized1.jpg
    750 x 562 - 745K
    edited December 1969

Whoa...love it !!!!

Had a go at a tunnel effect. This scene is taken from the Scene Converter. Converted it in a different way now.
    edited December 1969

How do you feel about creepy crawlies?

B7_1_0_109_p33_s8_v1_anaglypherized1.jpg
    750 x 750 - 926K
    edited December 1969

Not keen on bugs? How about cakes?

B7_0_1_34__p4_s2_v1_anaglypherized1.jpg
    750 x 750 - 643K
    edited December 1969

@ David.... Both renders are awesome..... the crawlers one as special... the one crawling over the edge gives extra 3d dimension

Here a experiment with some M.C. Escher like object...

escher01.jpg
    1189 x 557 - 386K
    edited July 2012

And another M.C. Escher experiment

escher03.jpg
    1186 x 548 - 570K
    Post edited by Atlantis on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited December 1969

Oh, the Escher objects renders are beautiful. I thought an anaglyph would spoil the illusion.

edited July 2012

Another one....

(Its very complicated to create these lot of tweaking different parts, when creating the right side image... to keep the Escher illusion )

escher04.jpg
    1183 x 572 - 322K
    edited December 1969

Very good. As typical for these illusions, onepart is correct, the other part is correct, too. But they are "wrongly" combined. The anaglyph works for the upper and the lower part separately. Only if I look at the whole picture, I get a funny feeling. But then, this we also get if it is not an anaglyph, and is what makes these oddities so charming.

edited December 1969

Interesting @lantis, very interesting indeed. You have done very well to translate these illusions into 3D! The last one is particularly baffling. I like them.

edited December 1969

And another one....

escher05.jpg
    1200 x 575 - 507K
    edited December 1969

In this case @tlantis, the 3D effect - which is working very nicely - is also working very nicely against the illusion, since it shows clearly that the nearest spar has been cut. So swings and roundabouts.

edited July 2012

@ David... I Know... I think I shouldn't had add the glass tube in it..drawing these in 2d is much easier...

escher06.jpg
    1200 x 575 - 795K
    edited December 1969

I thought you might know... the fact that it was so clear is at least testament to 3D effect. In this case I am not sure how the illusion in anaglyph form can be achieved. It is an interesting puzzle. And possibly and impossible one?

edited July 2012

@ David ... I think your right... it's impossible to get it right in Bryce... I think using 3dmax or carrara where you can morph the critical parts in real time.. it will work better..In these software packages you can select any face or edge or point ... and resizing / morping it instantly...

edited December 1969

If you can see a solution in other software, by fair means or foul, it is usually possible to replicate the results in Bryce - all be it, as said, with some use of a crowbar along the way. In this case though, I wonder if it might be possible to cheat in a different way, perhaps by using alternative models for the left and the right eye, so that the front back crossover for the anomalous parts are hidden in a 3D anomaly. I'll have to ponder this. But as I said, right or wrong, or almost right and a bit wrong, it's still an very interesting topic you have brought up for consideration. Interesting and baffling by degrees. Thanks @tlantis!

edited December 1969

@tlantis - the famous cube. It works on 3D splenditly but it spoils the illusion. We see too clearly how it's done.

edited December 1969

@ Horo... well if it's seen clearly..then this could be used as a tutorial..to build these cubes :)

edited July 2012

@tlantis said:
    @ Horo... well if it's seen clearly..then this could be used as a tutorial..to build these cubes :)

Well, not THAT clearly. ;-) http://www.daz3d.com/forums/smileys/# (horrible smilies).
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 1969

Another optical illusion
    ( Sadie character made by me in wings3d, She is from my 3dcommune days :) )

sadie-illusion.jpg
    1186 x 575 - 380K
    edited December 1969

Pondered and pondered some more... OK, not impossible but very tricky indeed. Rendered all on one go, with no post work.

Cubetrick11.jpg
    750 x 750 - 698K
    edited December 1969

Excellent :)... I found already 5 different way's to create these cubes.. from very easy till extreme difficult...

and used some of the techniques in my alien project... now the world gonna even look more and more strange..:)

• shaykallshaykall Posts: 109
    edited July 2012

My attempt :) just a basic image..
    Need to work on the settings a little more.

ShipMount.jpg
    1514 x 885 - 189K
    Post edited by shaykall on
    edited December 1969

@ shaykall looking cool already

edited December 1969

@shaykall - parts that extrude from the screen should not hit the picture frame - the flying machine is ok, the mountain is not. When aligning individual pictures, you can move them so that the part that is to appear on the screen plane has no colour finges - i.e. no red or cyan.

• shaykallshaykall Posts: 109
    edited July 2012

Horo said:
    @shaykall - parts that extrude from the screen should not hit the picture frame - the flying machine is ok, the mountain is not. When aligning individual pictures, you can move them so that the part that is to appear on the screen plane has no colour finges - i.e. no red or cyan.

@tlantis: thank you

@Horo
    I see whaht you mean about the mountain hitting the picture frame, I have been looking at your tutorials on the Bryce Mentoring DVD (in fact I have watched the about 5 times already trying to understand and absorb your teachings) And I remember the part about not hitting the picture frame so I will go back to Bryce and redo the images.

When aligning individual pictures, you can move them so that the part that is to appear on the screen plane has no colour finges - i.e. no red or cyan.

I am not sure I understand this, are you saying that I should make something in the image a target?

ps: maybe a little off topic, is it possible to make an image (for example a jpg) into an anaglyph image in HDR Shop or another image program?

Post edited by shaykall on