ANILIP 2

dash2128dash2128 Posts: 645

I just purchased anilip 2, but after downloading it, all that shows up- apart from the tutorials- is an anilip intro video.

Install manager says that it is installed, but Content Manager doesn't list it.

Is it in a pane, somewhere? 

Comments

• Have you entered the serial number in Help>About Installed Plug-ins and restarted DS? You can get the serial number by right-click on its entry in the Installed tab in DIM or from your account pages.

• dash2128dash2128 Posts: 645

That seems to have done it!

Thank you!

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,602

Having the same problem.  I don't see Anilip in the Help/About Installed Plugins window.

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,886

Yeah, me too. I just bought a new laptop yesterday, finally got everything installed and don't see Anilip 2 anywhere to put my serial number in in the help/about installed plugins window. Hopefuly I can get this figured out in the next like seven hours as I'm heading to China for a few weeks and might need to use it. The laptop should work, it's not a Mac. If anyone has any ideas, it'd be appreciated. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Anilip four times now hoping it would do something. 

• anyone figured this out? having the same issue? installed it but can't see the plugin. Is there an issue between daz 4.11 and 4.12 ?

• anyone figured this out? having the same issue? installed it but can't see the plugin. Is there an issue between daz 4.11 and 4.12 ?

Even if there were a compatibility issue, there should still be an entry for the .ddl (.dylib for Mac) file in the Installed Plug-ins flder, with DS saying it didn't know what to do with it in the worst case. Plain not there sounds as if it is not installing - if you go to Install Manager, right-click on the AniLip entry in the Installed tab, and select Show Installed Files what do you get?

• ChrisSerketChrisSerket Posts: 202

I have a friend who is having this same problem.
    He said he learned that he should have the file dobitAnilip2.dll but it doesn't appear anywhere.
    He sent me a screenshot to show them (from what Richard asked others who have this problem).
    PS: If I'm asking about him, it's because my friend was banned from the forum for reasons I don't know.

xd.png
    646 x 942 - 58K
  • I have a friend who is having this same problem.
    He said he learned that he should have the file dobitAnilip2.dll but it doesn't appear anywhere.
    He sent me a screenshot to show them (from what Richard asked others who have this problem).
    PS: If I'm asking about him, it's because my friend was banned from the forum for reasons I don't know.

Your friend probably needs to go into his account, to the Product Library, and download the appropriate installer for his system. And also to take note of his serial key which would also be found in his account.

He says he downloaded it, it's in window 10 of 64 bits, with Daz Studio 64 bits.
    Anything else that could be?
    I was also thinking of buying AniLip 2, but with the possibility of this problem, I would rather refrain from buying it.

• He says he downloaded it, it's in window 10 of 64 bits, with Daz Studio 64 bits.
    Anything else that could be?
    I was also thinking of buying AniLip 2, but with the possibility of this problem, I would rather refrain from buying it.

Okay he's downloaded it. Did he run it? It will put the driver where it should go. Then in D/S he needs to enter the serial key.

That is the problem, says it does not appear among the installed add-ons, so there is no box to place the serial number.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 7,991
    edited March 2020

That is the problem, says it does not appear among the installed add-ons, so there is no box to place the serial number.

I don't use DIM. I know DIM does not install everything. He needs to find the .exe file on his computer [he can manually download that] and run it. Don't worry about what DIM is saying.

After he has run the .exe file, then open D/S and inside D/S under Help > about installed plugins > beside the plugin reference for Anilip2 should be a typing box for the key.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on

He tried and neither.
    He told me to show this image:

xdd.png
    611 x 984 - 61K
    edited March 2020

He tried and neither.
    He told me to show this image:

That is where it should be showing and it's not so like I said, I think he needs to manually download and then run the installer. Using another program that I own I show what I'm talking about. He should have a similar page for Anilip2 with the manual download button.

Download and then double-click on the installer to run it.png
    1019 x 314 - 38K

He said he downloaded it manually, and that image I sent was after restarting daz studio to check if it was installed or not.
    He says there are 2 files in his account (and also downloaded by IDM), but apparently they should be 3.

• He said he downloaded it manually, and that image I sent was after restarting daz studio to check if it was installed or not.
    He says there are 2 files in his account (and also downloaded by IDM), but apparently they should be 3.

Is Daz Studio installed to the normal program folders? The plugin drivers should be in here: i.e. Program Files > DAZ 3D > DAZStudio4 > plugins ....

If yes, then I would suggest that your friend open a Custom Support ticket and ask them.

He says he has the folders in the right place.
    However, you just noticed that there was another file, but that it was an .EXE
    It says it's called 57741_Anilip2forDAZStudio45Win64bit_2.0.0.21_ds.exe

But installing it does not make the file dobitAnilip2.dll appear either.

• He says he has the folders in the right place.
    However, you just noticed that there was another file, but that it was an .EXE
    It says it's called 57741_Anilip2forDAZStudio45Win64bit_2.0.0.21_ds.exe

But installing it does not make the file dobitAnilip2.dll appear either.

When he ran it, did it give any warnings? was it stopped by the anti-virus program? or did it appear to run normally?

Even deactivating the antivirus, the same thing happens.

My friend question if this is the correct installation path (see in the image below):

DAZ 3D\Installed Content\Anilip 2 for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)

xdddd.png
    649 x 378 - 22K
    edited March 2020

Even deactivating the antivirus, the same thing happens.

My friend question if this is the correct installation path (see in the image below):

DAZ 3D\Installed Content\Anilip 2 for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)

Nope. That box can be unchecked, it's for the Start Menu. [bottom left corner on the computer, all the programs that are listed there] The other option for Desktop shortcut can also be unchecked.

The installation path should be on another page, back one maybe? It needs to read for the location of where the main program Daz Studio is located..

oh yes, remember to turn back on the Anti-virus ;-)

edited March 2020

My friend says that in the previous window only this image appears (and before that only the Daz3d license agreement appears).
    PD: He also said that he has tried several times with the 2 types of installation that appear in the image, but nothing has worked. However, he said that perhaps the solution is to extract the file 57741_Anilip2forDAZStudio45Win64bit_2.0.0.21_ds.exe
    But the question in this case would be how?
    Or is there a way to change the daz installer for another?

xddddd.png
    649 x 380 - 22K
    Post edited by ChrisSerket on
  • Okay that's not the window for the path. The next one after? or does it just install to some unknown location? If it doesn't provide an option for a path you can't run it to another folder to check the contents either.

Check that the 'size' of the installer is the same as mentioned on the Product Page. The website has been VERY busy and sometimes down. It is possible that the installer is not complete if the size is different.

He says that only this comes later. And then it starts to install.
    He also said he had already tried downloading the file again, but it didn't work either. It seems that the only solution would be to open the installer by force.
    PS: You have also tried starting it as an administrator, but it didn't work either.

xdddddd.png
    652 x 380 - 24K
    edited March 2020

He says that only this comes later. And then it starts to install.
    He also said he had already tried downloading the file again, but it didn't work either. It seems that the only solution would be to open the installer by force.
    PS: You have also tried starting it as an administrator, but it didn't work either.

Well I don't have a crowbar to force open installers and nobody is expecting him to have to do that either. That's too much.

He needs to submit a ticket to Customer Service and ask for their assistance because if something is seriously wrong they have to fix the installer or get more information so they can help him with the process of installing it to his computer. He may have been banned from the forums but he can still contact Customer Service.

And/or he can delete all of Anilip2 from his computer and ask for a store credit/money back if he made the purchase in the last 30 days.

n.b. I know it's the translator that switching the words around abit, I did never tell anybody to run installers as Administrator on W10.

edited March 2020

Okay, he says that will have to do.
    And that thanks you for your help.

And that already activated the antivirus xDDDD

Post edited by ChrisSerket on
  • Okay, he says that will have to do.
    And that thanks you for your help.

And that already activated the antivirus xDDDD

He's very welcome ;-)

My friend has already found the solution to the problem.
    It's a very simple thing, Daz's setters are apparently not compatible with window 10, so the solution for him was to test the installer on a laptop with window 8 (he said that the installation path did appear there). Once installed just transferred the files that came from the installer to your desktop computer and voila.
    He asked me to leave the solution here in case someone else serves, since conventional solutions for this case will not work.
    PD: It seems that it also works with window 7.
    Greetings.

• My friend has already found the solution to the problem.
    It's a very simple thing, Daz's setters are apparently not compatible with window 10, so the solution for him was to test the installer on a laptop with window 8 (he said that the installation path did appear there). Once installed just transferred the files that came from the installer to your desktop computer and voila.
    He asked me to leave the solution here in case someone else serves, since conventional solutions for this case will not work.
    PD: It seems that it also works with window 7.
    Greetings.

Glad he found a solution but that's odd. It should have also worked on W10, maybe one of the updates changed how the system 'protects' itself.

It may be, that is why he asked me to mention it so that if in the future someone else appears with problems like this with this installer or another, they already know what the problem is.

• Indeed I confirm the functioning of the solution.
    I had the same problem on windows 10 64bits. I installed thanks to virtual box a windows 8.1 64bits on which I install Daz and anilip2, after having made a search of the files with as keywords "anilip" and "dobitAnilip2.dll" I copied the files from the virtual machine in the installation files of daz on windows 10 (being careful to put them in the right place) and now everything is ok :)
    Thank you very much to the author for the solution !!! without him I would never have found.