The Poses Rhyming With Roses Complaint Thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

holy kryptonite. 5 hours of making tiny changes to xhtml code. semi colons, brackets, type vs language. yuhuh bubbles, bubbbllls
    narrowed down my webpage problem to the popup menus. work great in FF, but IE sort of flickers, but then only shows the background color.

set the page back to revious version, better than browsers seeing an empty page.
    (FF friendly page http://realmsandgalaxies.com/indexFF.htm)

and i now have Safari on my lil acer netbook. just haz to figure out the bookmarks. safari is a lot cleaner looking than IE.

edited December 1969

I am missing stuff in the runtime that came with poser 2012. I can find the some of the base figures but not the clothing.

Poser puts the clothing in the props folder, even the conforming ones

I checked that before posting.

Actually I am trying to find those wings in the picture posted earlier. I could not find them.

could the be the dragonfly wings?

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,389
    edited December 1969

CGAxis is having a one-day sale on their Electronics model collection: http://www.cgaxis.com/product-info.php?volume_4-pid194.html
    $99 reduced to $19.00. Pretty nifty I'd say.
    A PSP is included too... Oh the havoc I could cause with that in my renders. Also an ipod (eck...) and a PS2 console. :3
    All the usual formats are included so it's not a sale on a specific version. Max, Mental Ray, C4D, VrayC4D, OBJ, FBX, etc.

edited December 1969

I lost my Age of Mythology The Titans disc ;__;

edited December 1969

did we all survive the malware thingee?

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

I'm peachy keen on that front, yes.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Front page news here but yeah, no problems as usual. Got home at 8 and just crashed out, woke up hungry big time. it is 00:30 Tuesday here, already! Another three weeks and I get two weeks off, can't come soon enough today :)

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    CGAxis is having a one-day sale on their Electronics model collection: http://www.cgaxis.com/product-info.php?volume_4-pid194.html
    A PSP is included too... Oh the havoc I could cause with that in my renders. Also an ipod (eck...) and a PS2 console. :3
    All the usual formats are included so it's not a sale on a specific version. Max, Mental Ray, C4D, VrayC4D, OBJ, FBX, etc.

Don't think I could possibly sign up to another 3D model website, my inbox seems crammed with free downloads, shrill discounts and capitalised hard sells - we sent you some images but you seem to be unable to view them, click here - whatever happened to gentle persuasion, and lower case.... :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Rezca said:

Don't think I could possibly sign up to another 3D model website, my inbox seems crammed with free downloads, shrill discounts and capitalised hard sells - we sent you some images but you seem to be unable to view them, click here - whatever happened to gentle persuasion, and lower case.... :)

Well their ads aren't anything like DAZ's emails I can tell you that much. A lot less heavy on images too. Usually.
    Also... http://www.cgaxis.com/product-info.php?pid823.html
    They're even selling an external harddrive with most if not all of their models on it. 500GB of space on it, and 74GB of models (Though since each model will be in MAX, OBJ, FBX, and C4D format a lot will be duplicates. 640+ or so unique models however.)

edited December 1969

holy kryptonite. 5 hours of making tiny changes to xhtml code. semi colons, brackets, type vs language. yuhuh bubbles, bubbbllls
    narrowed down my webpage problem to the popup menus. work great in FF, but IE sort of flickers, but then only shows the background color.

set the page back to revious version, better than browsers seeing an empty page.
    (FF friendly page http://realmsandgalaxies.com/indexFF.htm)

and i now have Safari on my lil acer netbook. just haz to figure out the bookmarks. safari is a lot cleaner looking than IE.

Bookmarks appear on the toolbar and a browser page, you click this icon:

bookmarkIcon.png
    125 x 83 - 16K
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    ps1borg said:
    Rezca said:

Well their ads aren't anything like DAZ's emails I can tell you that much. A lot less heavy on images too. Usually.
    Also... http://www.cgaxis.com/product-info.php?pid823.html
    They're even selling an external harddrive with most if not all of their models on it. 500GB of space on it, and 74GB of models (Though since each model will be in MAX, OBJ, FBX, and C4D format a lot will be duplicates. 640+ or so unique models however.)

heh feeling a little jaded right now, thanks for link :)

edited December 1969

did we all survive the malware thingee?

Was up all night - again - and on my lapytop with nothing out of the ordinary going on.
    Unless you count insane color issues in AoE1 and AoE2 while explorer.exe is running as odd. Heh I have to use process explorer to kill windows every time I play either of them otherwise really crazy stuff happens with the water. Even worse in AoE2 where the water on the minimap looks like blood and EVERY piece of terrain is really messed up.

edited December 1969

MIddle of night here and I'm having trouble going to sleep again, Monday wasn't exactly a day from hell but it was long and tedious, as work sometimes is. Going to take it easy tomorrow, my leg feels better so I'll probably try to go for a swim, has been frustrating having to nurse a limb *wonders how wooly is doing* :)

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,327
    edited December 1969

Swimming is the best form of exercise you can get. And it'll ware you old. LOL

edited July 2012

is it pina colada time yet? finished moving all the stylings to a style sheet. manually, cut&paste;.

img#3 is what my page looks like in FF
    img#2 is what it looks like in Safari
    img#1 ie8 >:-(

banshee mournful screaming - why won't it work in ie --- my skin is melting off my face, i'm only a skull with empty ice sockets and no nostrils

cuckoo for cocopuffs

ie.png
    556 x 414 - 27K
    safari.png
    374 x 273 - 76K
    ff.png
    389 x 269 - 74K
    Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

Because IE creates its own "standards", and to hell with all others.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Because IE creates its own "standards", and to hell with all others.

if i could somehow, detect an ie browser and display a message "site not compat with ie"

then i wouldn't worry about it :-S

edited July 2012

You can. You can look at browser string, and work with that. Let me find you how to do it in PHP... Here we go.

Post edited by Skiriki on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,678
    edited December 1969

I found Miss Cupcake dead today. she was sleeping next to me last night but today she is dead.

edited December 1969

You might want to take the remaining kitteh to the vet to find out what's the problem and if the last kitteh is in risk of dying. My condolences. :(

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    You can. You can look at browser string, and work with that. Let me find you how to do it in PHP... Here we go.

thanks. there's a browser called gecko? lol

edited December 1969

I found Miss Cupcake dead today. she was sleeping next to me last night but today she is dead.

kittens have a special place in heaven, lots of yarn to play

edited December 1969

there is dust on my keyboard.

all we are is dust in the wind.

IE is dead to me

the 'mild' tikka marsala sauce is used up, now i can't see dead people anymore.

edited December 1969

Morning. Meh four hours sleep, and haz grouchy today :(

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

that's like only 1 REM cycle

edited December 1969

i'm making a littl headway in the ie situation. pasted in a quick and simple menu and it actually displays in ie.
    http://realmsandgalaxies.com/indexIEa.htm.

gonna have to , with surgical precision, paste in one menu list at a time to find what exactly is el problemo

edited July 2012

Holy Haley's Comet batman, it appears to be working in the three browsers.

omg. i changed the javascript;: that was supposed to be a null link to the java voids. deleted a couple additem from the menus.

oh man, and it only took like 3 whole days. i have to leave for the day job in 11 hours.

there is no way to sleep. this must be how Luke felt when he was laughing when the garbage walls stopped moving .

i'm not even gonna install opera, i want to live this moment for atleast five more minutes.
    i have to back up to 5 flashdrives.

bubbly on the house :lol:

my eyeballs are shriveled up raisins. can't even read Myth,Inc

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

Hey well done :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

that's like only 1 REM cycle

Yes, haz large tired and badly need to stretch out in some water. Meh I'm the only one here right now, is raining and cold and miserable outside. Meh, only fifty or so days until the cold South winds stop blowing ;)

edited December 1969

kittens have a special place in heaven, lots of yarn to play

real sorry to hear that Kulay *hugs* Not your fault.

This discussion has been closed.