The Poses Rhyming With Roses Complaint Thread

Comments

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited July 2012

how to tell when a dragon is angry?

Did you seriously just ask that? o_O
    Just to humor that question, a short list that would apply to virtually every non-sentient dragon and many sentient ones:
    1) Growling and or hissing.
    2) Baring their teeth
    3) If they have ear frills, they might enlarge these
    4) *edit* Also might be making angry faces. This may include scowling, "lip curling" and other such facial expressions.
    5) violent swishing of the tail
    6) May also spread their wings.
    Post edited by Rezca on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:

how to tell when a dragon is angry?

Did you seriously just ask that? o_O
    Just to humor that question, a short list that would apply to virtually every non-sentient dragon and many sentient ones:
    1) Growling and or hissing.
    2) Baring their teeth
    3) If they have ear frills, they might enlarge these
    4) *edit* Also might be making angry faces. This may include scowling, "lip curling" and other such facial expressions.
    5) violent swishing of the tail
    6) May also spread their wings.

and for fire breathers, there might be some steam from their nostrils

i found a velvety egg, it's in my rendo forum sig, too bad it doesn't work in daz form sigs

edited December 1969

i found a velvety egg, it's in my rendo forum sig, too bad it doesn't work in daz form sigs

Velvety eggs were some of my favorites because of the big plush dragons that hatch from them.

edited December 1969

The AI in Age of Empires 1 is about as forgiving as most people on Halo matchmaking ^_^; ....
    A catapult of mine - whom unlike similar siege weapons in Warcraft 2 which was also in play around the AoE1 era, had a MASSIVE friendly fire area-of-effect attack and slammed both friend and foe (ANd your own units) with discrimination - killed my AI teammate's villager and the AI immediately declared war on me ^_^;
    Good times. I'd almost forgotten just how much havoc catapults wreaked in AoE. They got less... Collateral damage attacks in AoE2 though.

edited December 1969

oh, if only i had a snowcone maker for pina coladas :snake:

took a trip down memory lane browsing my gallery. 32 bits back then, remembering the overnight renders.
    there was one render in my monthly gallery submissions i don't have a backup of.

protoceratops :)
    bone dragon
    ed
    bigG

Untitled-2.png
    700 x 511 - 407K
    Untitled-93.png
    750 x 777 - 1M
    Untitled-92.png
    603 x 800 - 623K
    Untitled-8.png
    608 x 660 - 436K
    Untitled-8a.png
    647 x 800 - 813K
    edited December 1969

hottt hottttts out. took my dog for his walk, let him off the leash at the park across the street, he went maybe 30 ft and turned back. like he was saying, too hots mommi, we go back naos.

mailman brought 'spice and wolf', turns out it's not a graphic novel. wahh. went to amazon to return it. it said i don't have to ship it back for the refund.

crank the a/c eeeeee

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,683
    edited December 1969

I could not sleep last night.

I did get some sleep. I dreamed I was visiting someone and I saw they had three lizards. I thought the little one was the baby of the two bigger ones. I noticed they did not have any food. I took the baby into the kitchen and started looking for food for the lizards. when I got into the kitchen I went near the kitchen sink where there was a window. The baby lizard tried climbing up the curtains of the window. I got him down and then examined him. He turned into a skeleton with a normal lizard head. I woke up sometime after that.

I was also worried about my cats as in the dream I have not been in my apartment for a while.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

oh, if only i had a snowcone maker for pina coladas :snake:

took a trip down memory lane browsing my gallery. 32 bits back then, remembering the overnight renders.
    there was one render in my monthly gallery submissions i don't have a backup of.

protoceratops :)
    bone dragon
    ed
    bigG

...nice pics there. I have to get off my bum this weekend and finish a couple I scenes that I put on hold.

...In my neighbourhood there is a pub that uses a Slush machine to make Margarita Slushies. Very tasty especially on a hot day.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,683
    edited December 1969

I find it confusing that I have dreams that I have been away from my apartment for some time, but I am having these dreams while I am sleeping in my apartment.

edited December 1969

waking dreams of margarita slushies yummm

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Cold and still and inky dark in the predawn outside my window :)

edited July 2012

Rezca said:
    Wow it actually took you to another thread mid-post? Sure it's the forum doing that and not some bot or something hidden away mucking things up? D:

...it occurred after I clicked on the Preview Post button. When I hit the back up button I was taken back to an empty Post a New Reply window. It most likely may have something to do with the way the Forum software interacts with FF.

As it happened after midnight my local time (1:00 AM "Daz Time") no telling what may have actually caused it. When I had the issue with the forum crashing when testing links in a post a few days ago, it was also late evening/early morning.

I am still using the same version of FF as I did with the old software. Save for the usual cache and cookie maintenance I have not changed any settings.

I never had issues like this when Rendo, CP, EvilInnocence, RDNA, and The Dumpshock Forums changed Store/Forum software. Only here which is what leads me to believe Daz didn't do a good enough evaluation of what software would really fit the needs of the company and it's customers/community. I am still reluctant to purchase anything on my wishlist after some of the stories I have read on these forums and in so doing have missed several sales I would like to have taken advantage of. I never even used my PC coupon from last month and probably won't this month either unless things make a dramatic turnaround.

This site has become very clunky and unelegant from a user's standpoint compared to what it used to be. After all, Isn't the whole idea of "upgrading" suppose to improve and enhance the user's experience? So far I haven't seen much to support that notion.

This has to be the messiest and most drawn out site "update" I have seen in all my years on the net (and that is going back to the old Netscape Navigator days). We still have no avatars or banners, we still cannot adjust the size of imaged in posts, we can no longer embed videos in posts (like we used to), we no longer can embed .gif's in posts (like we used to), notification eBots still break, and we still get timed out while active in the forums or store (a timeout should only occur if there is a long period of inactivity by the user).

...and it's going on eight weeks now.

If this is someone's idea of an "improvement", I have a half dozen bridges for sale, (cheap) here in Portland.

Apologies for the strongly worded rant of last night, however it is becoming extremely frustrating when something that is supposed to a fun diversion gives me more grief than the day job does.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

goood moorming. whatcha doing up before dawn?

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

goood moorming. whatcha doing up before dawn?

My favourite time of day, love the sunrise and the quiet before it. No choice but to love it really, most of my working life has started early and finished late :)

edited December 1969

I find it confusing that I have dreams that I have been away from my apartment for some time, but I am having these dreams while I am sleeping in my apartment.

Sometimes I dream that I'm asleep, go figure ;)

edited December 1969

waking dreams of margarita slushies yummm

That's a dream worth having :) Lovely pics TY for sharing ;)

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...sssnnniiipppp...

Apologies for the strongly worded rant of last night, however it is becoming extremely frustrating when something that is supposed to a fun diversion gives me more grief than the day job does.

Not to worry, was blaming myself so you make good points and me feel better :)

edited December 1969

Rezca said:

Velvety eggs were some of my favorites because of the big plush dragons that hatch from them.

The world desperately needs more plushies ;)

edited July 2012

meh iz a weee bit teeepsy

remember the AbFab episode when Edwina buys art and she's like "hangars darling they're hangars"

adding more pineapple juice to dilute the bacardi a bit more

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited July 2012

...loved that show.

About the only reason iImiss having a television are the UK shows our local public station would show on weekend evenings.

When I still had cable my most watched network was BBC America.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...loved that show.

About the only reason iImiss having a television are the UK shows our local public station would show on weekend evenings.

When I still had cable my most watched network was BBC America.

i couldn't find the first episode on utube. but i just watched the episode of Edina and Patsy get married and Edina finds her son they talked about through the series.

this part1 of the cold turky episode. haven't watched this one yet. making a fresh pitcher of pina colada first :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL3pPQ7u_Wc&feature=endscreen&NR=1

edited December 1969

cold here tonight brrrr

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Hot today, and we're gonna have geeks at my place, gaming. GAHHHH. And I have to go and scrub the bathroom and take a shower.

edited December 1969

Very slow week for me. After I got these drawings done (Surprisng how many people ask me to do stuff for them. Maybe they're desparate >_> ) all my will and energy just seemed to go away.
    Mostly been playing Age of Empires 1 with a bit of AoE 2 and CivIV mixed in. Working on the Babylonian and Greek campaigns right nao.

edited December 1969

Welp, one of the geeks checked in and said he can't make it today, sick. So one warm body less in today's game.

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Very slow week for me. After I got these drawings done (Surprisng how many people ask me to do stuff for them. Maybe they're desparate >_> ) all my will and energy just seemed to go away.
    Mostly been playing Age of Empires 1 with a bit of AoE 2 and CivIV mixed in. Working on the Babylonian and Greek campaigns right nao.

That is such a familiar emotional experience, as if you got nothing left to give (because you gave it your all) and yeah I always feel like I could have done better and why me?, all it means is you care ;)

I'm feeling a little burned out at the halfway mark of this year's gig, CGI and effects are all very well but I miss the excitement of animating a few tons of heavy equipment around the place :)

M-M.London_.4_.jpg
    283 x 212 - 58K
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Hot today, and we're gonna have geeks at my place, gaming. GAHHHH. And I have to go and scrub the bathroom and take a shower.

We need the cold and rain for a while, we had a decade or so of no rain and really mild winters and everything turned shades of brown. Is nice to have some green around :)

edited July 2012

Yeah, we're due some rain today, so no problem. It just can get hot in this apartment with more than two people (plus four 24/7 computers and today some laptops too) crammed into it.

Edit: Oh wow, just realized -- with two players out of picture, and excluding the GM, it will be all-female player cast today. YAY.

Post edited by Skiriki on
    edited July 2012

ps1borg said:
    Skiriki said:

We need the cold and rain for a while, we had a decade or so of no rain and really mild winters and everything turned shades of brown. Is nice to have some green around :)
    ...just glad it isn't happening here. Already went through two "non summer" years.

edited December 1969

Too much of any weather is monotonous, but can't complain about the all the rain we're having - all our drinking water falls out of the sky, how good is that ! :)

This discussion has been closed.