WinterMoon Wants Attention.

Comments

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,743

Oh, I like Zarinda, especially her eyes!

Is it possible that Indigo's face is a little distorted because the camera is a bit too close to her face?

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893
    edited January 2020
    Hylas said:

Oh, I like Zarinda, especially her eyes!

Zarinda is very flattered to hear that. laugh

Post edited by WinterMoon on

Anyway, she's very pretty...

I think she would look good with pale skin. Sirine is a free option, although I think she would look particularly great with the skin of Salem, my personal go-to skin for pale goth ladies.

edited January 2020
    Hylas said:

I think she would look good with pale skin.

She would, but she's a pre-existing character, and she's not all that pale in her "true form." I've got Sirine, actually. smiley

Right, so I've been able to render a few scenes I've had to give up on previously. Now that I'm older and wiser (uhh...), and able to fix my previous mistakes, here they are. 

Daisy can see a lot of things her parents and older siblings can't. She knows the mossy corner of their garden is a very magical sort of place.

Liranda's been hanging out with her younger siblings again. Secretly, she's very curious about what her mother is up to, and what new relatives have been produced in recent years. Aylatani probably doesn't know how often Iris has been hanging out with Liranda, because she wouldn't have been completely cool with that considering their history.

This one's meant to look like a photo taken by an amateur, on a summer evening in some ambiguous year. I rendered it in full HD, but cropped off some of the excessive scenery on the right-hand side. From left to right we have Riana, Steffie, Daisy, Cindie and Iris. Both Steffie and Riana have had make-overs, and I'm a lot more happy with them now. I still need to decide on a different skin for Cindie, because she's meant to be almost paper white. Granted, it's summer, but she would probably not be able to get as tanned as she looks here. Cindie, BTW, is married to Ryan. Nerniya and T'anamika are their daughters.

I'm sorry for the pain your retinas, or aesthetic taste-buds, may be feeling now. There's currently a discussion going on in the Commons, about the lack of rainbow neonlicious Party Monster outfits for men, and whether shaders can be used to simply outrageousify regular guys' clothes. Now, you can't talk about stuff like that around TigerAnne, without something like this happening. 

Ryan, go home. You're embarrassing your kids again. (No, it's fine when it's them who dress like that.)

We already have Cartoonized and Babyfication. Next: Outrageousify, by TigerAnne.

Hylas said:

We already have Cartoonized and Babyfication. Next: Outrageousify, by TigerAnne.

I like sillying the language.

Enough with the incorrecititude already!

edited July 2019

Somebody once told me the world is gonna roll me
    I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed

She was looking kind of dumb with her finger and her thumb
    In the shape of an "L" on her forehead

Well the years start coming and they don't stop coming
    Fed to the rules and I hit the ground running
    Didn't make sense not to live for fun
    Your brain gets smart but your head gets dumb

So much to do, so much to see
    So what's wrong with taking the back streets?
    You'll never know if you don't go
    You'll never shine if you don't glow

"...Ryan..."

"Ryan, you're having an episode again. Please, stop it. ...Ryan!?!"

Hey now, you're an all-star, get your game on, go play
    Hey now, you're a rock star, get the show on, get paid
    And all that glitters is gold
    Only shooting stars break the mold

"That's enough, Ryan. Let's go home now. Ryan, we need to talk about your problems."

"Hey, Nerniya... Look! Is that Dad? He didn't have pink hair yesterday."

"No, that's a stranger, and we have never seen him before! Keep walking."

"But if it's not Dad, then Mom is having an affair. Because she's hugging that guy and... crying. Like when Dad has been weird."

"I wouldn't blame her if she was. Look at him! What the hell is that he's wearing???"

"So if she's cheating on Dad, it's with someone even weirder."

"You know... Let's just not go home for a couple of days yet. Are you sober enough to drive?"

"Yeah, I think so."

"Good. I'm not."

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,403
    edited July 2019

That was hilarious! yes

Everything was perfect.  The poses, the outfit, the captions, everything.

Post edited by Fae3D on

When his wife shows up in pic 5 I had to laugh so hard laugh

That was hilarious! yes

Everything was perfect.  The poses, the outfit, the captions, everything.

Hylas said:

When his wife shows up in pic 5 I had to laugh so hard laugh

Ha ha ha, thanks guys!!!laugh

edited July 2019

(Both pictures replaced with clearer versions.)

Yesterday, I had the idea that I should make some more dudes. The first one to emerge was Maikana's husband, Simon MacAvoy. He's the... mother? of the girl in my current avatar - Lilo. After a visit aboard a UFO (a classic feature in the Sims games), he returned to Earth with a little souvenir that he later gave birth to. These two renders didn't come out fantastic, but you can at least see what he looks like. (Original.)

He's cute!

The original is perhaps a smidge more anime, but you got really close!

@Hylas Thank you! His "original form" is from Sims 2, a 15-year-old game that doesn't have the most high-poly faces. Hence the cartoony look, I think. In full 3D his features come into their own a lot more. His nose and chin completely dominate his face, but it kind of just works. 

• cute with a little romance.

well. i've only has the first SIMS game, but that's ages ago. and i've never took track of the follow ups.

cute with a little romance.

well. i've only has the first SIMS game, but that's ages ago. and i've never took track of the follow ups.

Thanks! Maikana and Simon are one of those couples that just gotta make out in the check-out line at Walmart, because the mood strikes them. Their PDAing is legend. blush

I played Sims 1 for a while, until my computers didn't understand what to do with it anymore. Quick rundown of the rest of the franchise, not including all the spin-off games:

Sims 2: Almost universally considered a vast improvement over the original. It added 3D graphics, 360-degree camera, customizable characters, genetics, ageing, family trees, memories, aspirations, seasons and weather. Even nowadays it's got a steady player base, and new mods and improvements are still being made by players. It's got the sharpest texture grapics of all the games.

Sims 3: This is a divisive game. People either love it or hate it, with fiery passion. It's the only game in the series to be set in completely open neighbourhoods, and to feature Create-A-Style - an ingame tool that applies what's basically shaders to objects. There are several problems with TS3 that many people consider unacceptable. The worst one being that it crashes, a lot. You basically have to save every five minutes. It also lags pretty badly, because the entire huge neighbourhood map is being simulated all the time. There's stuff going on off camera that hogs the CPU and RAM. The appearance of the Sims themselves also had a very mixed reception. They generally have very poorly defined jaws and chins, causing them to be dubbed "Pudding Faces." With the custom sliders/dials made by other players, you can actually create very good-looking TS3 Sims, however. The texture graphics are lacking, to put it nicely. Even if your graphics card is a monster, you actually have to do some manual fiddling if you want to get rid of the blur.

Sims 4: I haven't actually played it. It seems to have an almost separate player base from 2 and 3. Fans of the previous games generally don't like it very much, feeling that the gameplay gets old really fast. The game has a very cartoony look right out of the box - sort of a pseudo-Disney aesthetic. Unlike the the previous two games, where players have used custom content (known as CC) to fit the look of the game to their taste, people who play TS4 seem to prefer keeping to the cartoon-style. Those who use realistic CC don't usually play the game, as much as using it as a DS/Poser alternative for staging pictures. It used to be a very affordable alternative to using a "proper" 3D program, because CC has normally been shared for free. (That changed with the coming of Patreon, though. EA's also selling TS4 as piece-meal, so you may as well use DS as TS4 for your art.)

^ Good information to have! I've only ever played the original Sims, and I... mostly enjoyed it at the time? It was a bit like playing with a dollhouse (not unlike DAZ, in a way.) But I remember it being rather limited (and kinda ugly) and I suspect I hasn't aged well. I might check out Sims 2 at one point though, based on your description. I often enjoy playing old games. I still play Diablo II and Baldur's Gate 2 sometimes, amongst others.

Hylas said:

I might check out Sims 2 at one point though, based on your description. I often enjoy playing old games.

Cool! Feel free to PM me if you have questions. I'm always eager to lure people into the murky darkside of Simzzzzzz... devilangel

edited July 2019

Yesterday, I was innocently browsing Tumblr. I noticed several people I follow were posting generated portraits of their characters, made with AI Portraits. TigerAnne was intrigued, and horrible things ensued.

Unspeakable horrors!

I think it's a learning AI, because on the first attempt it didn't even know what to do with his face.

Ehrmengarrde! surprise

This one reminds me of someone real that I've seen (at least) pictures of, but I can't figure out who. 

Um, wow... Did it blend them?

This must be what Ryan looks like to his kids. indecision

I actually like this one.

This looks like a friend's daughter - who is thirteen, but there was an attempt.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHG! STOP IT!!!! Take the Internet away from TigerAnne before it's too late! I'm so sorry. So, so sorry!

edited July 2019

*points to title of thread*

So, a little discussion in the commons sparked another terrible idea.

Y'all, meet StrongBabbeh, the protagonist of an ill-received children's show. Despite featuring state-of-the-art animation techniques, the show was cancelled after two episodes. Everyone was disturbed by what they had seen. It disturbed the kids, disturbed the parents, disturbed the grandparents, and pets were reported to flee the room when the opening theme song started playing. On Reddit, rumours started spreading that people who had watched it were suffering from trippy nightmares. Buzzfeed posted three articles about how the show was sexist, ableist and dangerous to children's braincells, respectively. Fox News condemned it as being "highly inappropriate for the target age group," and "yet another attack in the war on childhood." Anderson Cooper vomited live on CNN, after watching some of the unaired footage. Alex Jones blamed the Illuminati. Giorgio Tsukalos wouldn't say for sure it was aliens, but David Icke confirmed Reptillian involvement. 

No trace of the shows existence remains today.

In other news, this is Scruffy. He's 7 years old, and an experienced pest control.

I think your art broke aiportraits. it leads to a 404 now... surprise

edited July 2019

@Hylas Oh no! It's been "in maintenance" for a few days, but at least it was there. sad 

The ones I did of my Sims were even worse, cough cough...

I'm honestly quite astonished that AI can do that!

Hylas said:

I'm honestly quite astonished that AI can do that!

That's pretty much what I think every time I see a render starting to emerge. How can something that doesn't exist look so real???

"Okay, so... I'm gonna count to ten, and then you have to duck your head under."

"Or else what?"

"Or you're a wuss!"

Katrina, in the blue citrusy tankini, is Steffie and Daisy's middle sister. Actually, she's the oldest of two middle sisters. There's also Shelby, who hasn't made her debut yet.

I know, I know. There could have been less background in this picture, right? But you see, I like images that show the surroundings, and Hemlock Folly is just so pretty, and and... It brings me back to going swimming in various local puddles with friends, back when we were kids. In the previous century. crying

Sally, on the left, was one of the first characters I made when I started "dazzing" last year. (I think the anniversary is this week, actually.) She's gotten a slight make-over since then. I wasn't sure if she would look right next to the G8 girls, as she's made from the G1 Basic Child. Now that I've seen the finished render, I think she does. She's not hyper-realistic, but neither are they.

The little tyke on the right is Shelby, the second youngest (after Daisy) of the "blonde sisters." They need a surname, don't they? I quickly found out that I had very little in the way of child-appropriate swimwear. My kids may be just pixels, but they're NOT going swimming in bikinis made for adult characters. I made Katrina's tankini by putting summery shaders on underwear, but I didn't want all the kids to wear the exact same thing. Shelby's suit is actually a tanktop and shorts that joined together more or less seemlessly. 

^ Don't see a problem with your background. Maybe try DOF if you want to put more emphasis on the characters.

There actually is some DoF in there, it's just really subtle. You can see it in the larger version, if you click on the picture. I just can't bring myself to blur out detailed, realistic environments to the point where they become watercolours, unless it's for a portrait. On the other hand, that is a lot of very realistic, highly detailed weeds in the back there, and that doesn't really need to be rendered in every minute detail. laugh I was thinking that maybe I should have zoomed in more on the girls, or cropped the image, to remove some of the foreground water and sides of log. This is not for a contest or anything though, and I do like having a lot of environment, so in the end I just posted it as-is.