Uberlight and environment missing

edited December 1969 in New Users

I've been fighting with my uberlighting and environment in my Daz4 pro folders. I've re installed but nothing has helped. When I click on it I get an odd log message.

Opening file UberAreaLight Disc.daz...
(Nothing happens the disc doesn't load)

Executing DAZ Script file: /Volumes/Leonardo/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Light Presets/omnifreaker/UberEnvironment2/!UberEnvironment2 Bounce (GI).dsa
Failed to load script file!

(When I attempt to load an environment)

Here are screenshots of what they look like in my smart content file. An\nyone have any ideas on what I have to do to clear this up?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

Your content folders have changed since you first installed DS, but the metadata is still pointing to the old locations. That's why you have a generic DAZ icon and an exclamation mark mind the New flash. You need to open the Content Library pane, then go to its option menu (right-click on the tab or click the button in the top corner) and pick the Content DB Maintenance command. In the dialogue pick the Reset option and click Accept. Then open the dialogue a second time and pick Re-import metadata

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Richard beat me to it but here are some helpful pics.

ResetDatabase2.jpg
    290 x 218 - 80K
    ResetDatabase1.jpg
    718 x 492 - 230K
    ResetDatabase.jpg
    744 x 570 - 215K
  • edited December 1969

Thank you both for the fast reply, I've done what you've said, and now I can't even find the Uber environment or lights in the system at all. I"m going to try and find them but if I can't find them at all, what would be the next step for me to get them back? Would I have to reinstall entirely again?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

Are they actually present, in a folder you have selected as a DA Studio Format directory?

• edited December 1969

I've looked and I cannot find them at all now. Oh man. I must have done something wrong when I installed.

• edited December 1969

Thank you both for the help! I've reinstalled and I can now find them again. I will remember that trick of stopping and restarting the CM in the future.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Sweet. To be fair I am still finding my way round DS4 but I have never needed to stop or restart CMS ever. I have had to reset the Database a few times.