DAZ's Fascination with Bus Stops

What is it with DAZ's ongoing obsession with bus stops?

All these bus stops, but rather a dearth of busses to travel to them in. There's a toon one, two vintage ones, a couple of weird ones and a curious one, but no normal modern bus.

Oh well, at least we've got plenty of places to wait for one.

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,312

Pedestrians use the better way.

• JVRendererJVRenderer Posts: 661

Bus stops?

Don't get me started on bathrooms.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,786

it used to be the Jack Tomalin gates cheeky

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,577

Or infernal gazebos and "hypersleep/cryonic" tubes! wink

Sincerely,

Bill

• LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,609

rooms with no doors

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,767

Waiting for the bus
    In a battle-bikini
    Dream'n of Stonemason

My DAZ haiku, y'all.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558

They are quite obsessed with mohawk hairstyles, sci-fi corridors, bathrooms, bedrooms, and for the love of god metallic cloth and silk shaders.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,121

and an endless supply of hallways that go nowhere

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    Hylas said:

Waiting for the bus
    In a battle-bikini
    Dream'n of Stonemason

My DAZ haiku, y'all.

yes

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250

Yup. Hallways. Lots of hallways. Hallways to nowhere. Or anywhere.

• novastridernovastrider Posts: 204

For once I'd like to see some nice woodshaders. Just nice plain wood, one-click, usefull on furniture. Weirdly almost never gets done right.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Surpassed only by their fascination for bathrooms....lol.

Laurie

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

We need more medieval bus stopsindecision

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104

Bus stops are a powerful metaphor for ....ah.....something......

• LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,609
    Greymom said:

waiting for godot

like you said... something....

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933

https://www.daz3d.com/soviet-bus-stop

(I was actually born in the Soviet Union; can't say this looks especially authentic... granted, I'm Russian and there were way more republics to the USSR than Russia, so maybe it was a design common in Georgia...)

Whatever. I speak Russian (and read Cyrillic as a result). So I can't help but wonder why a single bus stop has a sign saying "busstops". Plural and without a space.

This must mean that a constant stream of bus stops will never gonna stop! 

• ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385

bus stops?, I tought were medieval and futuristic wardrobe the most!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,786
    edited July 2019

(I was actually born in the Soviet Union; can't say this looks especially authentic... granted, I'm Russian and there were way more republics to the USSR than Russia, so maybe it was a design common in Georgia...)

Whatever. I speak Russian (and read Cyrillic as a result). So I can't help but wonder why a single bus stop has a sign saying "busstops". Plural and without a space.

We have some like that down here in the Adelaide hills

well did honestly not sure if still there

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

surprise Ok that's sloppy!

laugh

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,754
    edited July 2019

What is it with DAZ's ongoing obsession with bus stops?

All these bus stops, but rather a dearth of busses to travel to them in. There's a toon one, two vintage ones, a couple of weird ones and a curious one, but no normal modern bus.

Oh well, at least we've got plenty of places to wait for one.

I wonder if this is the stop that takes you to the full baseball field that DAZ sells despite there no longer being any baseball uniforms availalbe for any poser or DAZ figure?  Or if you can wear one of the several football uniforms to the non-existant football field?   Note:  there actually are some modern prop buses in Stonemason's Urban Sprawl 3 set.   

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,754
    AllenArt said:

Surpassed only by their fascination for bathrooms....lol.

Laurie

Many of which have toilets with their lids fused on. @-@ 

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

I have a sudden desire to do a render of a street full of bus stops. Each one with a single person waiting and looking down the road for the bus that will never come.

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453

Wouldn't the correct sign read "автобусная остановка"? The republics of the Soviet Union did some "interesting" architectural experiments, mostly on their monuments. The Soviets rebuilt downtown Yerevan in Armenia using rose colored tuff, a volcanic stone, because they wanted a pink city!

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,505
    edited July 2019

This is one of the more entertaining threads I've read in a while.  :)

Might I also add DAZ's obsession with satin and leather shaders, studio apartments that no one but CEOs and movie stars could ever afford, and what seems to be the same one-piece fantasy outfit with boots over and over for every generation.

Post edited by SnowSultan on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

All the bus stops with no busses lead to the pools, but I think there are still more pools that bus stops, so we definitely need more bus stops, makes sense, right?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560

Bus stops?

Don't get me started on bathrooms.

...yes

Lyoness said:
    Greymom said:

waiting for godot

like you said... something....

...in some cities, yup.

...I remember bus stops that only had a sign which read, "Bus Stop".  Shelters? Even in Milwaukee WI where we had "real winter" we didn't have shelters.

That said would be nice to have some real city buses. like these:

• Relatively quick and simple to model and texture.  No rigging.  QED.  Modern, angular interiors and hallways - same thing.

• Yes. What about the lack of buses in the store? Real modern buses... not the double deckers or the weird steam-toon things. School bus, regular transit bus. Nobody uses buses, I guess. They just camp in the bus shelters.

And the welded shut toilet seats... another use for the Iray poops, I suppose. (Thanks, Dog 8!)