Render Profiles for DAZ Studio 4.5

Comments

• niklosniklos Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

That is exactly what I meant... thanks :-)

• MarieMarie Posts: 36
    edited December 1969

Amazing massive thanks this has helped me soooooooooooooo much x

• edited December 1969

Apologies for the stupid question, but those values you wrote in the first post of the thread...can I just manually type those into the 3delight settings boxes in the render tab?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,235
    edited December 1969

Apologies for the stupid question, but those values you wrote in the first post of the thread...can I just manually type those into the 3delight settings boxes in the render tab?

Yes.

• edited December 1969

I used adamr001's "average quality" setting yesterday...a render I expected to take around 1 hour ended up taking 6 hours!!!

Although the finished render was pretty nice.

• bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 1,021
    edited September 2013

These are fantastic! Exactly what I was looking for. adamr001, the various scripts and tutorials you've created along the are the way and shared with the community reason I did not give up on DAZ a long time ago. You're quite wonderful.

Post edited by bohemian3 on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited September 2013

I used adamr001's "average quality" setting yesterday...a render I expected to take around 1 hour ended up taking 6 hours!!!

Although the finished render was pretty nice.

Hint, Average is Average DAZ 3D Promo quality. Wink.

The set is a great base to adjust for personal use, just edit them as you need for your renders. I used the DS3 set before DS4 was ever around.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

adamr001 said:
    Finally after much frustration and trial and error I've managed to rebuild my render profiles for DAZ Studio 4.5.

These scripts give you a quick way to change the output quality and dimensions of your renders by manipulating the Shading Rate, Pixel Samples, Pixel Filter Samples, Shadow Samples, etc. allowing you to quickly and easily go from a "Draft" render to a "Final Quality" render without having to mess with the Render Settings tab and remember what each knob does.

Available for download at: http://daz.tall-tales-racing.com/resources/freebies/renderprofiles/AMRRenderPreferencesDS4.zip

Restrictions:
    These presets are free for any use, but may not be distributed by any method other than the original download link indicated above without my express written permission.

Install:
    Unzip to the same directory that your DS4 Default Content is installed to.

Usage:
    You will find these presets under DAZ Studio Formats > My Library > Scripts > AMR > DS4 Render Preferences

There are quality and render dimenion presets in this package. The quality items are defined as the table below. Render Dimension Presets are divided by aspect ratio and follow generally accepted video standards or are a multiplier thereof, e.g. 3840x2160_2x_HD1080 which is twice the resolution of HD1080.

Quality Preset Definitions:
    Draft Quality - Used frequently when setting up a scene.
    Pixel Samples X/Y : 4
    Shadow Samples : 4
    Shading Rate : 2.00
    Pixel Filter X/Y : 6
    Proof Quality - Used for fine tuning lighting.
    Pixel Samples X/Y : 6
    Shadow Samples : 8
    Shading Rate : 1.00
    Pixel Filter X/Y :
    Average Quality - This is the first "final" quality setting. It's for those who want speed or a little softness.
    Pixel Samples X/Y : 8
    Shadow Samples : 16
    Shading Rate : 0.50
    High Quality - Getting serious, this is much finer and is for those who prefer sharper renders.
    Shadow Samples : 32
    Shading Rate : 0.20
    Pixel Filter X/Y : 8
    Very High Quality - This is generally used for final renders for competitions and other areas where close inspection is expected.
    Pixel Samples X/Y : 12
    Shading Rate : 0.10
    Insane Quality - This is very nearly the highest possible render settings that DAZ Studio can do. Don't know why you'd use it other than to torture yourself.
    Pixel Samples X/Y : 32
    Shading Rate : 0.050
    Motion Blur Standard - Sets up your render preferences for Motion Blur
    Pixel Samples X/Y : 16
    Motion Blur Samples : 16
    Motion Blur High - A higher quality motion blur for less pixelation
    Motion Blur Samples : 32
    Depth of Field Standard - Sets up your render for Depth of Field
    Depth of Field High - Smoother blurring
    Depth of Field Insane - By know you know what this means...

the reference to installing this I have marked is referring to where...the folder where DS4.6 is installed or on my external HD where all my content is installed to?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    adamr001 said:
    Finally after much frustration and trial and error I've managed to rebuild my render profiles for DAZ Studio 4.5.

These scripts give you a quick way to change the output quality and dimensions of your renders by manipulating the Shading Rate, Pixel Samples, Pixel Filter Samples, Shadow Samples, etc. allowing you to quickly and easily go from a "Draft" render to a "Final Quality" render without having to mess with the Render Settings tab and remember what each knob does.

Available for download at: http://daz.tall-tales-racing.com/resources/freebies/renderprofiles/AMRRenderPreferencesDS4.zip

Restrictions:
    These presets are free for any use, but may not be distributed by any method other than the original download link indicated above without my express written permission.

Install:
    Unzip to the same directory that your DS4 Default Content is installed to.

Usage:
    You will find these presets under DAZ Studio Formats > My Library > Scripts > AMR > DS4 Render Preferences

There are quality and render dimenion presets in this package. The quality items are defined as the table below. Render Dimension Presets are divided by aspect ratio and follow generally accepted video standards or are a multiplier thereof, e.g. 3840x2160_2x_HD1080 which is twice the resolution of HD1080.

Quality Preset Definitions:
    Draft Quality - Used frequently when setting up a scene.
    Pixel Samples X/Y : 4
    Shadow Samples : 4
    Shading Rate : 2.00
    Proof Quality - Used for fine tuning lighting.
    Pixel Samples X/Y : 6
    Shadow Samples : 8
    Shading Rate : 1.00
    Pixel Filter X/Y :
    Average Quality - This is the first "final" quality setting. It's for those who want speed or a little softness.
    Shadow Samples : 16
    Shading Rate : 0.50
    High Quality - Getting serious, this is much finer and is for those who prefer sharper renders.
    Shading Rate : 0.20
    Very High Quality - This is generally used for final renders for competitions and other areas where close inspection is expected.
    Shading Rate : 0.10
    Insane Quality - This is very nearly the highest possible render settings that DAZ Studio can do. Don't know why you'd use it other than to torture yourself.
    Shading Rate : 0.050
    Motion Blur Standard - Sets up your render preferences for Motion Blur
    Motion Blur Samples : 16
    Motion Blur High - A higher quality motion blur for less pixelation
    Motion Blur Samples : 32
    Depth of Field Standard - Sets up your render for Depth of Field
    Depth of Field High - Smoother blurring
    Depth of Field Insane - By know you know what this means...

the reference to installing this I have marked is referring to where...the folder where DS4.6 is installed or on my external HD where all my content is installed to?

The content location.

edited December 1969

Fast and EASY way to use, UnZip to a Temp folder open it, Copy the AMR folder. Drop that into your DAZ Studio Content Scripts Folder. You will then have a AMR folder in scripts with all the presets ready to use.

• SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

Is there a way to open these in the script editor and make changes?

They're in .duf files so opening them tends to just run them. I can open the .duf in Notepad++, should I just change the aspect_ratio and imageSize settings to match what I want and save it as a different file name?

I love having the one click option to adjust render size or quality but I'm working on a series of renders that require a specific aspect ratio that's not one of the options listed. I could just set the proper size in my render settings but I'd rather add a few more scripts to do it for me.

• TallulahdahlingTallulahdahling Posts: 387
    edited December 1969

Oh WOW! This is wonderful. Thank you very, very much, Adam!

• JoltrastJoltrast Posts: 199
    edited December 1969

Hi Adam. I am stuck with Daz3A for the foreseeable future and I've done something weird with my render/UE settings. They are now taking longer than the max allowed time in Daz (24 hours). I used to have them just how I liked them, then I installed Daz 4.5, had to go back to Daz3 and lost all my presets.

Can I use your script in Daz3 too?
    Thanks again!

edited November 2013

Sisca said:
    Is there a way to open these in the script editor and make changes?

They're in .duf files so opening them tends to just run them. I can open the .duf in Notepad++, should I just change the aspect_ratio and imageSize settings to match what I want and save it as a different file name?

I love having the one click option to adjust render size or quality but I'm working on a series of renders that require a specific aspect ratio that's not one of the options listed. I could just set the proper size in my render settings but I'd rather add a few more scripts to do it for me.

You can Just Save your Own Render profile in DS and it will be in your Drop down list in the Render settings. Not a perfect fix but will help you I believe.

EDIT: Let me Test something and get back to you on this.
    edited November 2013

Yes it Works I just created a New duf Script from Adams. With his permission here is how to EDIT one of his SIZE Presets.

Copy one and save it as a Copy that's for safety. Rename JUST the extension to txt. Windows will freak but do it. Now open that text file in Notepad. Set Formatting to wordwrap. You now need two sets of numbers for your custom preset. The Aspect Ratio and the Render size. Just edit the settings you need in to the two proper places and SAVE the file. Now do that thing Windows hates and RENAME the file again with the .duf extension. Make your Icon for Content use and add the Script to your Script list. As I did here.

Capture-001.png
    318 x 291 - 8K
  • SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Yes it Works I just created a New duf Script from Adams. With his permission here is how to EDIT one of his SIZE Presets.

Copy one and save it as a Copy that's for safety. Rename JUST the extension to txt. Windows will freak but do it. Now open that text file in Notepad. Set Formatting to wordwrap. You now need two sets of numbers for your custom preset. The Aspect Ratio and the Render size. Just edit the settings you need in to the two proper places and SAVE the file. Now do that thing Windows hates and RENAME the file again with the .duf extension. Make your Icon for Content use and add the Script to your Script list. As I did here.

Thanks for testing that.

I just tried it and if you use Notepad++ you can just open the .duf file without all the rename issues. Just right click on the file and choose Open With...

That would probably work with regular notepad but I know it defaults to trying to save it as a text file.

edited December 1969

Sisca said:
    Jaderail said:

Thanks for testing that.

I just tried it and if you use Notepad++ you can just open the .duf file without all the rename issues. Just right click on the file and choose Open With...

That would probably work with regular notepad but I know it defaults to trying to save it as a text file.
    Yes But I wanted to Help as many users as possible some may not use or Like NotePad++ I love it myself.

• ErdehelErdehel Posts: 386
    edited December 2013

Thank you so much Adam! I missed this thread. Once again you shed some light on Studio settings that would have taken hours if not days for me to test. I luvya :coolsmile:

Post edited by Erdehel on
  • AlowynAlowyn Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much!
    -D

• SF-DesignSF-Design Posts: 986
    edited December 1969

wow. These settings are perfect! Thanks so much!

• DP_ODellDP_ODell Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

These are great! Thanks for sharing your work!

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,955
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the awesome work was the one thing that is missing from Studio the ability to easily change the resolution of your renders and thus speeding up render times.. These scripts certainly help on that part, I am not sure why there has never been an image resolution setting in Studio (that I know of) the one thing that Poser has is the ability to change the resolution of a render no matter the size of the picture..

edited December 1969

Render Settings has always had this in it. These are only quick set up files you could have done yourself.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,611
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the presets. I will try them out as soon as possible.

• Former DAZ CustomerFormer DAZ Customer Posts: 167
    edited December 1969

Just chiming in with my thanks for this! \o/

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

Do these produce quality similar to, or greater-than the traditional "high quality" slider? I've never actually touched render settings. I wonder if I've been missing out on increased quality.

edited December 1969

Do these produce quality similar to, or greater-than the traditional "high quality" slider? I've never actually touched render settings. I wonder if I've been missing out on increased quality.
    Yes, these are Settings for the different parts of the Render Settings. Much different that just the 3 OpenGL settings and the 3Delight full quality setting. These are used with the Full Quality 4 (3DeLight) as different settings for it. They are very useful.
  • ginonovantaginonovanta Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

How does this script works????I have to just drop the preset onto the scene???'Cause nothing changes,my render is still rubbish

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,949
    edited December 1969

You just need to click on the icon and that should change your render options, probably in the render tab and you can see there in your render preferences how the settings are changing while you are clicking on different settings. This is a wonderful tool, i have been using a lot lately and it realy does the work. Thanks for it again.

edited December 1969

How does this script works????I have to just drop the preset onto the scene???'Cause nothing changes,my render is still rubbish
    These render sets are in two parts.

Part 1: the Render Settings which range from Draft Quality to Insane Quality. These settings only work for the FULL 3Delight render setting that is found in the Render Settings Tab, Advanced section.

Part 2: Several folders of default Render sizes to render your images too. These will only be seen on screen if you have Show Aspect Frame turned on in the Viewport view settings menu.

All of the scripts auto apply the selected setting on a double click of the icons. The proper place for the AMR folder that holds all the scripts would be in your mapped DAZ Studio content Folder My Library or My DAZ 3D Library in the Script folder or its sub folder Utilities.

Once applied to your Render settings at Full (3Delight) all you need to do is press render. The settings do not change anything except the quality of the finished render. If the render looks bad set to Average Quality then you need to edit your scene to please you once rendered as what the image shows is what you have created in DAZ Studio with your current lights and other options. This set only adjusts the quality of the image output from LOW settings to High settings. See below for Draft and Insane examples of the same image as rendered with this set using the 1x1 size of 500x500.
    AMR_Insane.png
    500 x 500 - 357K
    AMR_Draft.png
    500 x 500 - 324K