Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 10

Comments

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,754

Jay, Horo, Mermaid: thanks.

Horo: Great terrains. I don't think I'd like to wander through the barren one, but the latest one looks like a good place to wander about.

Slepalex: what a pity about the strange thin = invisible effect. Otherwise very nice Nevada render.

Mermaid: nice kaleidoscope render.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    Slepalex said:

Desert in Nevada.
    Full description here.

You could add primitives or import a basic stick shape textured with the branch material and manually position them where the missing branch segments would be to solve the problem.  You would likely only need to do that for the 5 largest joshua trees, as the others are too small for the issue to be seen.  It would extra work, but might be worth doing. It is a very nice desert scene.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,105
    edited June 2019

Hansmar - thank you. Yeah, I was wandering and fell asleep, woke up the next morning.

Lake Morning

LakeMorning.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 183K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • Tim82Tim82 Posts: 858

@Horo, very nice :)

i am thinking about packing this model and putting it in the daz store :)

Mushroom_House.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M

i am still setting it up, but here is a quick studio render :)

MSH_1_test.jpg
    1800 x 1200 - 1M
  • SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    sriesch said:
    Slepalex said:

Desert in Nevada.
    Full description here.

You could add primitives or import a basic stick shape textured with the branch material and manually position them where the missing branch segments would be to solve the problem.  You would likely only need to do that for the 5 largest joshua trees, as the others are too small for the issue to be seen.  It would extra work, but might be worth doing. It is a very nice desert scene.

Thank. But what you are proposing is scratching your left ear with your right hand. This is not our method! laugh

Horo said:

Hansmar - thank you. Yeah, I was wandering and fell asleep, woke up the next morning.

Horo, great atmosphere!

Attempt to create a global landscape.
    Description here.

Tim - very nice mushroom house. I wish you success with the Daz store.

Slepalex - thank you. This is a very nice scene full of vegetation.

@slepalex, great looking scene :)

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited June 2019

These volcanic features, metioned recently (thank you to, I think, Slepalex, some time back), formed the geologic brain to kick in, so had a stab in creating them.

They are a bit tricky: you take five 'Low Res Round Cubes 12.5%' (from 'Create/Additional Primitives...etc), and then adjust, group, on a horizontal axis, to form a pentagon. Yes, some seems form through, however, the texture ignores them using increased bumpiness etc.,, as sorts.

A slight, bright 'contact seem' between where columns meet the water is required (which Bryce can do), however, for now...'A natural port'.

Jay

NatHarbour.jpg
    1283 x 913 - 1M
    Post edited by Jamahoney on

Jay - I remember that photograph. Very well done scene.

i had a bit of fun with this :)

Bedroom.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    Jamahoney said:

These volcanic features, metioned recently (thank you to, I think, Slepalex, some time back), formed the geologic brain to kick in, so had a stab in creating them.

They are a bit tricky: you take five 'Low Res Round Cubes 12.5%' (from 'Create/Additional Primitives...etc), and then adjust, group, on a horizontal axis, to form a pentagon. Yes, some seems form through, however, the texture ignores them using increased bumpiness etc.,, as sorts.

A slight, bright 'contact seem' between where columns meet the water is required (which Bryce can do), however, for now...'A natural port'.

Jay

Thanks for your work, Jamahoney! I once tried to create a hexagonal texture (height map) in DTE. Nothing succeeded. Triangles and squares - please! Hexagons - no!
    Your work from primitives is worthy of respect!

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,982
    edited June 2019

Thanks Horo, Tim and Hansmar for the nice comments

Slepalex - lovely desert landscape, the second render is awesome too

Horo - beautiful landscape both views are awesome.

Tim - great look mushroom house, the room is superb love the lighting and general setup.

Jay - nice experiment with textures and shapes.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
    Tim82 said:

i had a bit of fun with this :)

This is generally similar to the 3ds Max or Cinema render!

edited June 2019

Cheers Horo yes

Tim...wow..being looking at Van Gogh recently???

Slepalax...many thanks from such a master. I initially started off with a 16-bit digital elevation model (DEM) of pentagonal proportions, and while, okay, further manipuations led to adjusting the angles between each column.

Mermaid...my foundation...of thanks.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on

@jay, yeah i have been, it is what inspired it :D

@slepalex, it was renderd in bryce, i am testing a way of using pre baked textures, the end result speaks for its self i would say :)

Tim82 said:

@jay, yeah i have been, it is what inspired it :D

@slepalex, it was renderd in bryce, i am testing a way of using pre baked textures, the end result speaks for its self i would say :)

pre baked textures ... I know what it is. I once tried this 10 years ago in 3ds Max. This significantly saves time and resources in Bryce (and not only), is widely used in computer games and gives the illusion of global illumination without the use of complex lighting schemes.
    What program are you baking textures in?

@slepalex, i use Blender to bake all my textures :)

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,754

Slepalex: nice landscape, lovely cloud band.

Jay: very interesting.

Tim: very good looking render. Your perspectives are much closer to normal than Vincents, but the colours are amazing.

Tim - the room is very nice looking.

mermaid - thank you.

edited June 2019

A single terrain, water, an HDRI and Bryce clouds and in the distance a lighthouse cobbled together with four cylinders and a cone.

Harsh Coast

HarshCoast.jpg
    1200 x 660 - 170K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,982

Beautiful landscape the water is awesome.

@Horo, thats a great looking scene :)

Cheers, Tim and Hansmar.

Very atmospheric scene, Horo...and I must learn to do that shoreline effect from one of David's vids.

Jay

Horo said:

A single terrain, water, an HDRI and Bryce clouds and in the distance a lighthouse cobbled together with four cylinders and a cone.

Excellent water surface and sea surf.

edited June 2019

mermaid - Tim - Jay - Slepalex - thank you.

Triple stacked terrain and a tower by Estevez (2005) in the distance. I rarely use the sun in the back of the camera but in this case I put another tower on the mountain in the back and aligned the shadow with the one in the distance to get a radio link.

Pathless

I also updated my Haze Line document as PDF and TXT if you're interested. It discusses the issue if the horizon is above the terrain in a landscape render. On my website: Bryce & 3D CG Documents > Mine > Sky > Haze Line

Pathless.jpg
    1200 x 795 - 226K
    Post edited by Horo on
This discussion has been closed.