Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 10

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,120

Dan - great scene, excellent buildings. The software here seems to compress a bit much. There is some noise as Hansmar noticed, but in the full image it is impeccable.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,998
    edited August 2019

Dan – superb scene, I love it

The same terrain as the previous one, with a water slab and the terrain resized and rotated.

ps-hm-te2b.jpg
    900 x 600 - 449K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited August 2019

mermaid - this looks very interesting.

An interesting landscape can look dull in bad weather. A bit later the clouds dispersed somewhat and the landscape appears in true 3D.

Pothole

Pothole Anaglyph

Pothole.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 240K
    PotholeAna.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 292K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756
    Horo said:

Dan - great scene, excellent buildings. The software here seems to compress a bit much. There is some noise as Hansmar noticed, but in the full image it is impeccable.

Horo, that is remarkable. I see the noise mainly in the full image. Are there any screen settings that could explain why what I see is noisy, but what you see is not? Usually I do not perceive so much noise in the renders on the forum, so it looks like it is an effect of this picture.

Mermaid: nice landscape.

Horo: The landscape looks wonderful in the rain!

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,099

Dan Whiteside : superb render.

mermaid : excellent image.

Horo : beautiful rain scene and anaglyph.

Hansmar - thank you. Dan has a link to the full image near the end of his comment (https://i.postimg.cc/vZ1KWzHx/E-Street-Plaza-lrg.jpg). That one looks clean to me. The full image here in this forum still has noise, worst on the ground between the ladies.

adbc - thank you.

Thanks Horo, Hansmar  and Adbc

Horo- excellent renders again, the anaglyph is superb

Horo said:

Hansmar - thank you. Dan has a link to the full image near the end of his comment (https://i.postimg.cc/vZ1KWzHx/E-Street-Plaza-lrg.jpg). That one looks clean to me. The full image here in this forum still has noise, worst on the ground between the ladies.

Horo: you are right. I missed that link. And indeed, much less noise (still a little bit, but nothing to worry about). Thanks for pointing it out!

edited August 2019

It's been some time since I made some new renders. These are two renders of the same scene with different textures and light.

The city is actually a terrain, made from a posterised fractal terrain. One has a texture with three elements, while the other is much more simple.

walking into the city.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    walking into the city1.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    Post edited by Hansmar on

And here is a totally different view from the same city. Different texture, camera somewhere in the middle, 180 degrees view, lighting by abstract IBL and a greenish sun in a blackish atmosphere. There are a couple of lights scattered in the city (also in the other views).

Quite an abstract result, I think.

walking into the city3.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    edited August 2019

mermaid - thank you.

Hansmar - interesting cities you made from terrains. I prefer the second, less dark and "boring" like some town districts.
    The abstract is absolutely marvelous. I really like the forms and lighting. It is beautiful.

Very time intensive render, I made every possible "mistake" to get a quick render: transparency with a high refractive index, reflections, high max ray depth and total internal reflection (TIR), soft IBL shadows, premium render with soft shadows and 36 rays per pixel.

Shape 301

Shape301.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 239K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 846
    edited August 2019

@Horo: I think the long rendering time was worth it for your funky object. Really good looking metall effect. From your last landscapes I prefer the rainy version. In my opinion it does not look dull at all. (Still have no red/green glasses, therefore I can't say much about the nice effects you created.)

@Hansmar: That's a beautiful abstract. As Horo I prefer your second city render.

@mermaid010: The terrain is interesting. The sky is lovely.

@Dan: The Bryce models are excellent. I especially love the glass dome on the building on the left side. In the linked image hardly any noise is noticeable. A perfect and beatiful render, the only thing I could possibly say, is the skin of the woman. Especially the legs, They look a bit flat. There is hardly a transition from one color to the next.

@adbc: I hope you feel well soon!

For the latest Bryce Challenge I wanted to create an image inspired by the German folk song "Hiking is the miller's delight" (Das Wandern ist des Müllers Lust). I thougt of a brook in the forest, with a mill, a miller and a millers daughter. But I was far too late. Nevertheless I found it interesting to create an image with a small river and a waterfall. The most elaborate Bryce scene that I've ever made came out. There is a lot of Bryce in it, but I added a few objects from Daz3D (A few rocks, and a few plants).

fluesschen.jpg
    1199 x 883 - 1M
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
    edited August 2019

Hansmar : beautiful city render, I also prefer the second one.

Horo : very nice object, great effect on the texture !

Electro-Elvis : thanks. Very inspiring scene, good work !

Played a bit with primitives and booleans.

Primitives reflection.jpg
    600 x 800 - 80K
    Post edited by adbc on

Electro-Elvis - thank you. This is a most beautiful scene you show us here. Indeed, it would have had the potential for the winner in the contest. Very elaborate and detailed scene. I particularly like how you managed the light variation foreground to background.

adbc - thank you. The golden object looks very nice and is excellently presented.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

For the latest Bryce Challenge I wanted to create an image inspired by the German folk song "Hiking is the miller's delight" (Das Wandern ist des Müllers Lust). I thougt of a brook in the forest, with a mill, a miller and a millers daughter. But I was far too late. Nevertheless I found it interesting to create an image with a small river and a waterfall. The most elaborate Bryce scene that I've ever made came out. There is a lot of Bryce in it, but I added a few objects from Daz3D (A few rocks, and a few plants).

Nice!

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 858

i have not shared for a while :)

reef.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 966K

Tim82 - just noticed it in the galleries. Very beautifully done underwater scene. The bubbles are a nice detail.

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911

Grandiose! Congratulations!
    The creek is terrain?

Horo : thank you.

Tim82 : impressive underwater scene, very realistic !

• @adbc, Horo, sriesch: Thank you.

@Slepalex: Thank you. The creek is made of 5 terrains created with "Metamorphism". Two are used for the upper part, two for the waterfall and one for the lower part.

edited August 2019

Hansmar – three superb renders, I love the liquefy effect of the abstract.

Horo – beautiful still render.

Electro-Elvis – wow a fantastic render, sad you missed the challenge, you have a winner here. My new desktop, hope you don’t mind.smiley

Adbc – lovely render, I like the contrasting colors.

Tim – magnificent underwater render.

I tried David’s Rendering Glass tutorials again, not with much success, but I like the shadows of this render which took 3hrs. Part one  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_1F9xto9dQ

renderingglass-5.jpg
    500 x 500 - 195K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • Tim82Tim82 Posts: 858

@mermaid, very interesting looking scene :)

mermaid : great object, the glass looks fragile, very nice effect.

Thank you for your comment.

mermaid - very nice glass object with the reflections on the ground.

Thanks for the nice comments Tim, Adbc and Horo

edited August 2019

Double stacked terrain, the visible sun is from an HDRI that lights the scene. The invisible Bryce sun at the same position supports the visible one. The clouds are an infinite slab.

Hills and Lake

HillsAndLake.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 175K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited August 2019

Horo: Thanks. What a very lovely abstract render. Fantastic textures! And your landscape is again very good. Lovely light, sunny scene.

Electro-Elvis: Thank you. Your landscape is marvellous, I agree with the praise for the water and the colours!

Adbc: Thanks. Very nice play with Booleans, etc. Looks a bit like a stylised female figure. Very nice colours.

Tim82: Very good looking underwater scene. Lovely bubbles and good use of anisotropy (I assume).

Mermaid: nice glassy object. Maybe another lighting approach might bring out the sparkling effect a bit more? Darker background and more light on the object? More specularity in the texture? And what about a light inside the object?

I made one more with my 'city terrain'. This time looking up, with modified sky and texture again. It is clearly not a city now, but I cannot imagine what it would be.

walking into the city4.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Horo : Excellent scene, perfect lighting.

Hansmar : thanks. I like your experiment with the city terrain, nice texture.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited August 2019

Elvis...wonderful effect on the water-til at the edge of the water-flow.

AdBc...looks almost angel-like.

Tim...super...me thinks snorkel required as it is overwhelming.

Mermaid, as Horo points out...the reflections are more interesting than the glass object itself.

Horo...phew...the sun, the water, the blurred misty division effect between land and water...what can one say.

Futuristic, Hansmar, is all I can think of (put some suitably, scaled-sized guy on, say, the right side building/platform, and its story would totally change).

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
This discussion has been closed.