Terrain Editor and Heightmap Generators for Bryce

Comments

• RasberriRasberri Posts: 266
    edited December 2018

LOL.. I have a British friend here that calls it the "loo" or well.. mostly has referred to it as "the Bog".. as well as the paper.. he calls "bog paper" laugh

Eugenius, Cool that Santa got you WC.. I've been playing around with illustrator making some height maps from paper cut graphics, then importing into Bryce and WC.. have not done too much as been sick frown over the holiday..

hope everyone had a great one here!

Post edited by Rasberri on
  • Rasberri - I hope you're feeling better. Santa still had some spare credit, so I got myself a 1T internal hard drive however I still need to install it. Illustrator is an awesome vector software and it won't let you down. I'm learning to use isolines and filters in WC1; I prefer using Bryce's Masking for the terrains. 

Happy New Year to you and the Bryce Forum members!

• My first landscape using isolines in World Creator 1 and rendered in Bryce. 

Dark Valley.jpg
    1114 x 819 - 311K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,996
    edited January 2019

Eugenius- very nice render 

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,117

Eugenius - now that one came out great.

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    edited January 2019

My first landscape using isolines in World Creator 1 and rendered in Bryce. 

Very realistic!

Post edited by Slepalex on
  • mermaid010, Horo, Slepalex - Thank you. I was inspired by an art concept for the game Middle-Earth Shadow of War. 

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

Really good work, Eugenius!

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

Super work....always love works related to games - they truely do inspire (I'm currently way behind in playing 'The Last Of Us'...but so much fun)..

Jay

• Hansmar, Jamahoney - Thank you both for your kind comments. I read up on The Last Of Us storyline and is seems suspenful and a fun game. The graphics and environments look top-notch and I can see why players would be entrenched in the game. 

edited May 2019

After reading this forum thread again and this message from Horo, I created this masterpiece in Bryce.
    Joke. In fact, this is a masterpiece created by nature (Irish Giant Path or the road of the giants).
    This is not only the limitless possibilities of nature, but also the genius of the creators of Bryce!
    I think that those who carefully read this forum thread are able to create a similar landscape in Bryce.

1446402971_irlandia06-3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 125K
  • RasberriRasberri Posts: 266
    Slepalex said:

After reading this forum thread again and this message from Horo, I created this masterpiece in Bryce.
    Joke. In fact, this is a masterpiece created by nature (Irish Giant Path or the road of the giants).
    This is not only the limitless possibilities of nature, but also the genius of the creators of Bryce!
    I think that those who carefully read this forum thread are able to create a similar landscape in Bryce.

This is a beutiful place..Wow! thanks for the inspiration!

Beautiful thanks for sharing

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

The Giants causeway is indeed a fascinating place and well deserving of it's World Heritage Site award   https://www.beautifulworld.com/europe/ireland/giants-causeway/ ;

Nature has always been clever and that's why it uses Bryce to make terrains. devil This is a great place pictured. Thanks for sharing, Slepalex.

• Slepalex - I found that nature has limitless beauty and wonder. Thanks for sharing this awesome image.

edited June 2019

However, Jamahoney pushed me to a new idea.

Here hexagons of the DTE, but only a maximum and equal height. But there is an idea to work on this topic.

1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 333K
    edited June 2019

Here is my old texture from DTE, which served as the basis of the height map.

2.jpg
    635 x 470 - 114K
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

So very useful experiments, Slepalex...many thanks for the screenshots.

Jay

edited June 2019

Here's another option without the function Reise / Lower

and the same height map basis

3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 280K
    4.jpg
    857 x 474 - 123K

Slepalex - great examples. We often forget that we can open the DTE from the TE, even the Pictures library (or load an external grey map, of course). In case of the DTE, if the default resolution 512 is too low, it can be set up to 4096 and when going back into the DTE, it will be re-generated in this resolution in the DTE - though it will take a moment.

Here is another example of a height map from DTE.

5.jpg
    800 x 600 - 296K
    6.jpg
    685 x 469 - 117K

Another

7.jpg
    800 x 600 - 219K
    8.jpg
    634 x 473 - 95K

Wow Slepalex these look so interesting, thanks for the screenshots

I have a lot more! smiley

9.jpg
    800 x 600 - 263K
    10.jpg
    633 x 473 - 102K
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

Great experiments Slepalex!

Another

11.jpg
    800 x 600 - 202K
    12.jpg
    849 x 472 - 121K

The paint box in this work done in the TE with a height map from DTE.

The box with candies on the table is made in the same way.

Another example

13.jpg
    800 x 600 - 285K
    14.jpg
    634 x 471 - 90K

Render, 1st and 2nd component.

15.jpg
    800 x 600 - 312K
    16.jpg
    633 x 469 - 105K