Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

Comments

• RhaleRhale Posts: 77

Cool, got it working. Thanks!

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    MelanieL said:

I use them in a couple of ways: (1) Why did I wishlist this? (e.g. I have the textures or a related-in-some-other-way product); (2) how much am I prepared to pay for it (as %age); (3) which character is it for? (sometimes the product name does't give a clue).

Okay, you convinced me that it could have actual real-life uses. :))))) It stays. I keep every other comment that you may have in there, and it works perfectly. It's coming along nicely.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,131
    edited June 2019
    Ati said:
    Rhale_2 said:

How do I enable seeing the release date? (Firefox on Mac)

MelanieL said:

Ooh, that would be nice to have! (I spend a lot of time flipping back and forth into the ReadMe just to locate that info! (In fact that might make up for you high-jacking those Comment fields!)

It actually exists already, just not as part of the addon. http://civilizationhunt.com/ds/ here and it's the last one at the bottom of the page, called "Release date for new items." It adds a date overlay on the category page like this:

and adds the info on all of the product pages like in the above image.

It could be added to the addon natively at some point in the future, but until then, it exists as a separate script. I use it all the time, very handy.

Ah, I'd never seen that before!

Post edited by MelanieL on
    Ati said:
    MelanieL said:

I use them in a couple of ways: (1) Why did I wishlist this? (e.g. I have the textures or a related-in-some-other-way product); (2) how much am I prepared to pay for it (as %age); (3) which character is it for? (sometimes the product name does't give a clue).

Okay, you convinced me that it could have actual real-life uses. :))))) It stays. I keep every other comment that you may have in there, and it works perfectly. It's coming along nicely.

Well if you can get it to work alongside existing comments, that will be great!

• HeavyRayHeavyRay Posts: 170
    Ati said:
    Rhale_2 said:

MelanieL said:

Ooh, that would be nice to have! (I spend a lot of time flipping back and forth into the ReadMe just to locate that info! (In fact that might make up for you high-jacking those Comment fields!)

It actually exists already, just not as part of the addon. http://civilizationhunt.com/ds/ here and it's the last one at the bottom of the page, called "Release date for new items." It adds a date overlay on the category page like this:

It could be added to the addon natively at some point in the future, but until then, it exists as a separate script. I use it all the time, very handy.

As a data point, I only use the com

Ati said:
    Rhale_2 said:

MelanieL said:

I would love to have the feature "natively" at some (hopefully) sooner than later "point in the future"...   ;-) ;-)

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

One issue I've seen for some time now, even after the last update, is once I click on the Only show owned checkbox, I won't go back to to the default Hide Items I own.

• I click on the Only show owned checkbox to enable it.
    • The Hide Items I own option is automatically disabled.
    • The page displays only products I own.
    • I click on the Only show owned checkbox again to disable it.
    • The Hide Items I own option is automatically enabled.
    • The page now displays 0 of X items.

The only way I've been able to reset the page is to reload it. Actually, I just tested to see what happens if I enable Only show WishList when no items are showing. It shows my Wishlist items. And when I disable Only show WishList, it goes back to the default Hide Items I own option and the products show. (Much easier than reloading the page.

I'm on Firefox, whatever that development version is that I switched to when all the addons stopped working. However, the behavior in the bullet points was going on long before that. (I should have reported it sooner. Sorry.)

edited June 2019
    L'Adair said:

One issue I've seen for some time now, even after the last update, is once I click on the Only show owned checkbox, I won't go back to to the default Hide Items I own.

• I click on the Only show owned checkbox to enable it.
    • The Hide Items I own option is automatically disabled.
    • The page displays only products I own.
    • I click on the Only show owned checkbox again to disable it.
    • The Hide Items I own option is automatically enabled.
    • The page now displays 0 of X items.

The only way I've been able to reset the page is to reload it. Actually, I just tested to see what happens if I enable Only show WishList when no items are showing. It shows my Wishlist items. And when I disable Only show WishList, it goes back to the default Hide Items I own option and the products show. (Much easier than reloading the page.

I'm on Firefox, whatever that development version is that I switched to when all the addons stopped working. However, the behavior in the bullet points was going on long before that. (I should have reported it sooner. Sorry.)

I reported this several pages back (page 62 actually) - and I'm on Chrome, latest update. Ati thought it might be a caching problem, but I've cleared a couple of times since then and still get it.

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

My Daz Deals stopped working a few weeks ago and stopped getting emails.  Tried to get a new code and even put in my email addy to ask for a new one, but haven't gotten any response.  I like having it and getting email updates since I don't come to the site more than a couple times a week to see what's out. Would come more if I knew the deals.

edited June 2019
    sapat said:

My Daz Deals stopped working a few weeks ago and stopped getting emails.  Tried to get a new code and even put in my email addy to ask for a new one, but haven't gotten any response.  I like having it and getting email updates since I don't come to the site more than a couple times a week to see what's out. Would come more if I knew the deals.

E-mail addresses that keep bouncing back to us as no longer available, are unsubscribed after a few days. If your e-mail address was not working for several days, then you may have to sign up again--if your e-mail provider has sorted out their issues by now.

Post edited by Ati on
    Ati said:
    sapat said:

E-mail addresses that keep bouncing back to us as no longer available, are unsubscribed after a few days. If your e-mail address was not working for several days, then you may have to sign up again--if your e-mail provider has sorted out their issues by now.

My email never stopped working.  I haven't had any issues getting other email every day, several times a day.  I guess I'm confused about the process. I already have a code in the little box. So where do I use that code to make it start working again?  Is there somewhere I paste it in?  I keep putting in my email and telling it to save, but nothing happens as I said.  And there isn't anything wrong with my email.

sapat said:
    Ati said:
    sapat said:

I already have a code in the little box. So where do I use that code to make it start working again?  Is there somewhere I paste it in?  I keep putting in my email and telling it to save, but nothing happens as I said. 

After you enter the email and passcode. Make sure that on the same page, all notifications that you want to receive are checked (have the checkbox in the box). Click the green save button. It will change to "Saving..." and turn to a slightly lighter shade of green. When it is done saving, it will turn back to the original button.

To fully use all notifications, make sure that either the "Allow automatic update" checkbox is checked on this same page, or that you manually sync your wishlist to us, using the "Sync wishlist" button at the top of the Daz wishlist page.

If something is still not working, then please send me a private message with your e-mail address, so I can check it. I don't know which one your address is, so what I mentioned about email addresses not working was a general thing--your address may be totally fine.

Ati said:
    sapat said:
    Ati said:
    sapat said:

I already have a code in the little box. So where do I use that code to make it start working again?  Is there somewhere I paste it in?  I keep putting in my email and telling it to save, but nothing happens as I said. 

After you enter the email and passcode. Make sure that on the same page, all notifications that you want to receive are checked (have the checkbox in the box). Click the green save button. It will change to "Saving..." and turn to a slightly lighter shade of green. When it is done saving, it will turn back to the original button.

To fully use all notifications, make sure that either the "Allow automatic update" checkbox is checked on this same page, or that you manually sync your wishlist to us, using the "Sync wishlist" button at the top of the Daz wishlist page.

If something is still not working, then please send me a private message with your e-mail address, so I can check it. I don't know which one your address is, so what I mentioned about email addresses not working was a general thing--your address may be totally fine.

I'll have to PM you when I get all my questions together.  Thanks for the quick response!

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315
    edited June 2019

Problem. I've removed DAZ-Deals from Firefox, added it back without changing anything, and it's only working partway.
    It hides the "What's Hot", but I see only the "Hide items I own" and "Only show PC+" buttons.
    And the stuff that is supposed to show on product pages rarely shows -
    Price history, forum and gallery links, greyed images in bundles, "Hide" button appear maybe once in 5-6 products.

And of course, as soon as I  posted this comment everything in the last sentence started working every time.
    Still no "Wishlist" button, etc.  Maybe they'll show up now.

Post edited by Petercat on
    Petercat said:

Problem. I've removed DAZ-Deals from Firefox, added it back without changing anything, and it's only working partway.
    It hides the "What's Hot", but I see only the "Hide items I own" and "Only show PC+" buttons.
    Price history, forum and gallery links, greyed images in bundles, "Hide" button appear maybe once in 5-6 products.

And of course, as soon as I  posted this comment everything in the last sentence started working every time.

Most of the options are selectable in the options page. Make sure they are on (have a checkbox). If they still don't work, turn them off and back on again.

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315
    edited June 2019
    Ati said:
    Petercat said:

Most of the options are selectable in the options page. Make sure they are on (have a checkbox). If they still don't work, turn them off and back on again.

Okay, after I did that the wishlist and the other selectable showed up one time then stopped working again.
    Also got a yellow banner for a few seconds when it did work, telling me that a DAZ-Deals script is slowing Firefox down.

Post edited by Petercat on
    Petercat said:
    Ati said:
    Petercat said:

Okay, after I did that the wishlist and the other selectable showed up one time then stopped working again.
    Also got a yellow banner for a few seconds when it did work, telling me that a DAZ-Deals script is slowing Firefox down.

If your firefox is having speed issues, then my first suggestion would be to disable all non-essential features of the addon, and only keep the ones that your browser can handle. I don't use firefox myself, so I'm afraid I cannot suggest settings in the browser itself that would speed things up.

• Daz Deals normally works perfectly on my Firefox.  But, I got on yesterday and my WL and "Show only Items I Own" checkboxes are gone.  I looked at the options and everything looks okay.  Any idea what might've caused the change?  I can't seem to get the checkboxes to come back.

Petercat said:

I've been getting this over the weekend too.

You're all seem to be using Firefox, so at least there's that in common, that's a start. Are you using the desktop version or the mobile version?

• cdpro_2831bbd990cdpro_2831bbd990 Posts: 1,430
    edited June 2019

Hmmm...I removed Daz Deals and then added it again.  Most of the buttons came back except for the PC+ Only.  Strange...

***Now, the PC+ Button just came back.  I'm not sure what's gonig on.  It might be an issue with an ad blocker.  Or FF might have issues from an update. 

Post edited by cdpro_2831bbd990 on
  • Ati said:

You're all seem to be using Firefox, so at least there's that in common, that's a start. Are you using the desktop version or the mobile version?

Desktop for me...

Desktop version here. I've uninstalled then reinstalled the plugin, and disabled all the options. Started activating the options and refreshing pages (testing on both wishlist page and the current build your own grab page) one at a time. The slowdown message comes when multiple wishlist is activated.

Hmmm...I removed Daz Deals and then added it again.  Most of the buttons came back except for the PC+ Only.  Strange...

***Now, the PC+ Button just came back.  I'm not sure what's gonig on.  It might be an issue with an ad blocker.  Or FF might have issues from an update. 

Hmm. The "Only Show PC+" button is actually a built-in site feature. That's one of the two checkboxes that are not added by the addon, but are there natively.

• Ati said:

Hmm. The "Only Show PC+" button is actually a built-in site feature. That's one of the two checkboxes that are not added by the addon, but are there natively.

That's what I thought as well.  But, I wondered if the plugin was somehow affecting how it was drawn on screen. 

BTW...Is there a mobile version of Daz Deals, now?  I'd love to add it to my phone. (Android)

Rhale_2 said:

Desktop version here. I've uninstalled then reinstalled the plugin, and disabled all the options. Started activating the options and refreshing pages (testing on both wishlist page and the current build your own grab page) one at a time. The slowdown message comes when multiple wishlist is activated.

That feature waits for items to load and adds an overlay on top of the images, so it's normal for that feature to take some time, since it's actually waiting for the items in the category list to show. If they load slower than usual, then the addon needs to wait for them more, too.

Ati said:

That's what I thought as well.  But, I wondered if the plugin was somehow affecting how it was drawn on screen. 

No. In fact, if you watch carefully, those two checkboxes appear sooner (from the Daz site itself), and the other checkboxes are only added a second or so later, when the unions of shown and wishlisted/owned/required/addon items have been calculated.

BTW...Is there a mobile version of Daz Deals, now?  I'd love to add it to my phone. (Android)

As far as I'm aware, you can add it to the mobile version of firefox. @Overdrawn just told me that the mobile version is a bit less stable than the desktop version, so it may need a few page reloads for all the functions to work. The Chrome extension can be added to either firefox, or some other browsers--but not to Chrome itself.

edited June 2019

The DazDeals seems to have reappeared from within the Daz store in the last several days. I'm seeing the box for the price I want showing on the product pages. I'm not seeing anything on my wishlist page, and have pushed the 'sync wishlist' button. Not sure what that is for, but am not getting any emails, and haven't for a couple months. Also not sure what little button I'm supposed to see in Chrome.  I don't have any button for the plugin, and where would I find it?  My Chrome is version 75.0.3770.100, and it's on a desktop.

I do use AdBlock, but have been using it for years, and it never effected the plugin before, so doubt that's the issue now.

Edited to say I just now found a tiny Daz logo button at the very top of my Chrome address bar. Didn't see it before.  All the options I'd selected in the past are still there if that helps.

Post edited by sapat on
    sapat said:

The DazDeals seems to have reappeared from within the Daz store in the last several days. I'm seeing the box for the price I want showing on the product pages. I'm not seeing anything on my wishlist page, and have pushed the 'sync wishlist' button. Not sure what that is for, but am not getting any emails, and haven't for a couple months. Also not sure what little button I'm supposed to see in Chrome.  I don't have any button for the plugin, and where would I find it?  My Chrome is version 75.0.3770.100, and it's on a desktop.

I do use AdBlock, but have been using it for years, and it never effected the plugin before, so doubt that's the issue now.

Edited to say I just now found a tiny Daz logo button at the very top of my Chrome address bar. Didn't see it before.  All the options I'd selected in the past are still there if that helps.

I'll need your email address (in private!) to see what's up with the emails.

Ati said:
    sapat said:

I'll need your email address (in private!) to see what's up with the emails.

going to PM you now.

• pwalters58pwalters58 Posts: 72

Is there a list of supported browsers?  I have just dumped Chrome and the only thing I will miss is the DAZ-Deals.  I'm using edge for now.

This discussion has been closed.