2nd of nine lives Cat Girrrl render thread prrr

Comments

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited May 2019

The sales have been excellent over the last few days and I've manage to pick up the Furries' Bundle, Furries' Fisher Cat, Hiro 3, and Melody 2 at a good discount. This is Melody for A3 with the Fisher Cat settings.

Awww She's so cool! :D I need to pick those up. I snagged the Furries for Melody with this sale, I need to pick up the Fisher Cat product as well. 

I'm still deciding which figure I like the best out of the A3 Melody, V4 Melody 2.0, and the G8F Cheetah Girl figures, but then figured why choose just one? lol I can render any of them and with some Iray tweaks they can all look cute. There might be some bend/joint issues with the A3 and V4 cat girls, but I'm hoping that with the new strand based hair options I can make fur that can help "hide" those bend issues (*crosses fingers*). 

Speaking of the strand hair, have you tried it yet? 

I'm having a lot of fun with it. It can be challenging at first. But I'm working out the steps and the different options - experimenting to see what works. Here's one of my latest experiments (I posted it in the Strand Based Hair thread but thought I'd post it here as well):

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,159

OOO... I love what you've done with her @Divamakeup! She's really cute smiley

No, I haven't tried the strand based hair. Every time I try to use the beta version of Daz it crashes. I think it might be to do with having a Mac. I really must start following the thread on creating hair and give it another go. 

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,579

Oh, yeah, I guess they were on sale.  Since I already owned those products and had the box checked to hide items i already own, they would not have appeared.

I always like to see another person join the (original) Melody for Aiko 3 club.

That dress looks great on her and I see you opted for the "Fisher Cat" textures for this render.  I really wish more quasi realistic textures had been released for her.  Daio offered the "Cattitude" set based upon the fur pattern of her favorite cat (in real life) Mimi, but those were about the only ones offered.  As dicussed earlier, everything else is much more abstract, leaning towards a cartoon look.  Nothing wrong with that, but Melody (and Micha) have the potential to depict (arguably) more "realistic" characters.

Sincerely,

Bill

I think I need to learn how to texture :).  I don’t have time at the moment as the garden is taking up all my spare hours (we grow most of our own vegetables in the summer). I’d like to give it a go at some stage though. 

edited May 2019

OOO... I love what you've done with her @Divamakeup! She's really cute smiley

No, I haven't tried the strand based hair. Every time I try to use the beta version of Daz it crashes. I think it might be to do with having a Mac. I really must start following the thread on creating hair and give it another go. 

Oh no! It keeps crashing? :( I hope that it's just a beta bug that they can fix. The only time I've had it crash is if I try to add too many "zones" at one time. I find that if you try and add more than 4 or 5 it crashes on me. So I try and do only 3 or so at a time. Like just doing torso, arms, and head first and then do legs, etc. The only trick is to remember the settings I used on one instance of the hair so that I can duplicate the exact settings for the second instance of hair so that the fur is consistent and matches over the whole body.

It's a LOT of fun - I hope they are able to get it more stable for Mac users so that you can play with it. :)

Thank you for the sweet comment! heart

Post edited by 3Diva on
    edited May 2019

Is it a "pin up" or a "slice of life" moment?  You decide.

Mzzkiti ready to "bunk down" for the night with Mr. Snaggles, her favorite comfort plush. I meant to stage a "quarters" environment for some time and the other week I finally got around to it.

Yes, that tubular "device" beneath her berth is a "shin banging" hazard. Why would anyone mount hardware like that under a bed?! Meh, that cavity was not originally a bunk. The chief engineer had the bulkhead converted into one when Mzzkiti received her current assignment. (Playing with a 40 year old trope popularized in the movie "Alien", the spaceship with a "tramp steamer" type of interior.)  You look at it and wonder "when and how hard will she smack her leg?!" It's the anticipation that makes it funny, well for us, not Mzzkiti.

Sincerely,

Bill

Mzzkiti-Bunk-J-1.jpg
    800 x 800 - 65K
    Post edited by Redfern on
    edited May 2019

@Redfern Nice render - I think the bunk turned out cool. I have to wonder - is she singing or yawning? :) Either would be fitting.

Post edited by 3Diva on

I agree with @Divamakeup , that is a nice render @Redfern. I think she's probably yawing smiley I love how you've developed your Mzzkiti character.

I tried working with the beta version of Daz Studio again this afternoon, but once more it shut down on me. I think I ask too much of it ... or probably too much for my computer to cope with, lol. I've not even tried looking at creating hair in the beta version yet. 

Heh, heh...  Someone on another board said Mzzkiti looked like she was smoking!  (As if I would subject her to such a nasty habit.  "Uh, Bill?  She is just fictional, remember?)

She's supposed to be yawning.  Maybe I should have balled her hand into a fist and brought it closer to her mouth to better convey the action.

Mzzkiti is a character I co-created with one Paul S. Gibbs for a web comic (Freighter Tails) we posted from 2001 until 2002 when Paul, sadly, died.  Since then I've "loaned" her to some trusted on-line cartoonist friends who depicted her in a "round robin" comic exrcise called the "CrossTime Cafe".  That comic, too, has ceased, though thankfully, not because of anyone's death.

Here's the original comic if anyone is curious, linked at the first strip.

http://www.mzzkiti.com/log001.htm

I long wanted to try "translating" my conventionally drawn design to a polygon mesh based medium and with Melody I'd like to believe I achieved that goal.

Sincerely,

Bill

edited June 2019

Mzzkiti wearing EVA gear inspired by my favorite toy of the latter 1960s, Major Matt Mason.

http://www.wildtoys.com/MMMPage/index.asp

Howy2012 recently shared a freebie that turned the Michael 4 body suit into the distinctive "pleated joint" spacesuit using textures and displacements.  I adapted that technique, applying it to the Aiko 3 body suit which can be conformed to Melody (even with the custom digitigrade feet JENelson (aka Achronicity) once sold at Renderosity).  I used the collar seal and backpack from a freebie by "Shukky", but the other elements like the helmet with "kitty ears" and the various smooth edged "boxes" I cobbled together.  The "boots" and gloves are just body parts of Melody that I made shiny black and added some displacement to thicken them.

The lunar platform in the background is one of Howy's freebies, he offers several.  They include Poser based prop files, .OBJ files and Blender data.  The .OBJ versions should readily import into DAZ Studio.  Here's his freebie page.

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?uid=785258

Sincerely,

Bill

Mzzkiti-MMM-J-1.jpg
    600 x 800 - 93K
    Post edited by Redfern on
    edited June 2019

I posted this image on the new Catgirl Megapack thread, but for the sake of completeness (to show how I'm progressing) I'm adding it to this thread. I love this product because it means I can easily use Genesis 8 poses, clothes and morphs. The base female for this render is VYK Midge for The Girl.

Catgirl-Tiger.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 288K
    Post edited by Mollytabby on
    edited June 2019

In this image the cat girl space cadets were created using Genesis 8, the Catgirl Megapack, HFS Ultimate Shapes for Genesis 8 Female, and EJ Teeth Collection for Genesis 8 Females. I picked up the HFS Bundle ages ago in one of the sales in the hope that I'd pick up some useful textures along the way. This is the first time I've used it.

SpaceCadets.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 1M
  • PtropePtrope Posts: 679

I just found this thread - of course it's got Redfern all over it wink . Well, thanks to him, I was able to create a respectable M'Ress a few years back, with some minor changes to his morphs and chosen textures. She's based on Aiko 3 (wayyyy back) because that's who fits Oshikai's dress best! The hair is from AliH - I liked the 'Farrah' style better than a more-screen-accurate style, and a girl is entitled to change, right?

I'm looking forward to playing with the new G8 cat girl - fingers crossed.

catting_about___for_redfern42_by_ptrope_d9ixqnb.jpg
    1100 x 1220 - 316K
    itty_bitty_kitty_kit_by_ptrope_d9j2ie5.jpg
    1024 x 1600 - 383K
    sitting_pretty_by_ptrope_d9jf5sv.jpg
    1200 x 1700 - 627K
    the_pinup_kitty_by_ptrope_d9j85o0.jpg
    1125 x 1515 - 458K

@Ptrope, I love your M'Ress. I had to look her up on Google because I've never watched the animated Star Treks surprise You're renders are fantastic. I love the fur!

I wasn't supposed to be buying anything more from Daz this month but then the Catgirl Megapack appeared. I debated with myself for all of 30 minutes ....

• ZMcKrakenZMcKraken Posts: 28
    edited June 2019

In this image the cat girl space cadets were created using Genesis 8, the Catgirl Megapack, HFS Ultimate Shapes for Genesis 8 Female, and EJ Teeth Collection for Genesis 8 Females. I picked up the HFS Bundle ages ago in one of the sales in the hope that I'd pick up some useful textures along the way. This is the first time I've used it.

Love the characters and the render. The contrast and the nice back lighting really make the render pop.

I was just searching the other day for cat / feline morph packs to take the new mega cat pack faces to the next level. Same for the teeth. Thanks for posting that as I just added both to my wishlist. Quick side question since you own the HFS Ultimate Shapes for Genesis 8 Female pack. Does it include that untextured strandy hair mesh seen in the promo pictures? I'll attach a screenshot below.

Untitled.png
    845 x 295 - 147K
    Post edited by ZMcKraken on

Thank you @ZMcKraken for your lovely comments smiley.  I try to include details of products (when I remember!) because when other people do this I learn so much. I'm very much a beginner with 3D work and I'm constantly looking at what people use in their renders. 

I only opened up the HFS Ultimate Shapes morphs today but I'll take another look now. I suspect the hiar isn't included... but you never know!

Sorry @ZMcKraken but I can't find it. It does look familiar so if you ask in The Commons someone may know which one it is.

• GafftheHorseGafftheHorse Posts: 567

@ZMcKraken

It's the Navarian Hair (also by DarioFish) - to accompany the alien shapes morphs for Genesis - available at the other shop beginning with Re*

• ZMcKrakenZMcKraken Posts: 28

@Mollytabby Thanks again for checking the pack

@GafftheHorse Thank you for identifying the hair it for me

Now I have to come up with some new cat renders to post : )

Thank you @GafftheHorse smiley

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    edited June 2019

"Must protect our kitten!"

The Thistle family was accosted by a hobgoblin. Luckily, Dad Thistle knows ka(t)rate, and Mom Thistle shelters their kitten.

Post edited by frankrblow on
    edited July 2019

Peaches is adorable! I picked up Peaches, Expansion 1, and Cheetahs for $2.99 each since they're on sale right now. I really like her. The description says that she can use Cookies hair, clothing, etc, so I'll have to see about snagging a few of Cookie's clothing items and hair when they're on sale. :) Also, she appears to do ok with Victoria 4 poses, with some minor adjustments needed. So far though the V4 poses I've tried with her work pretty well. It looks like mainly just feet and fingers need some adjustment after applying the poses.

Peaches w Shape Tweaks.png
    1000 x 1300 - 895K
    Post edited by 3Diva on

Lovely render @dragonfly_2004 smiley I don't know how I missed your post!

@Divamakeup your Peaches is lovely! I bought her in a recent sale and haven't even tried her yet. My sale goodies are stacking up frown Not that I'm complaining about the great sales! 

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

Thanks. Mollytabby smiley

edited July 2019

Divamakeup has kickstarted me into using Peaches! I've been picking up Lady Littlefox items whenever there is a really good sale (and if I've any credit left, lol). I've been focusing on Cookie and Star! but lately have also been watching out for Melody items. I added Chip recently and have just gone back to the $2.99 sale and picked up Pickles smiley

This is my first render of Peaches and I've added Joe Quick's Mouse for Genesis (which I've had in my runtime for ages and not used) and Lovey Bear (which doesn't seem to be in the store anymore).

I used Chip's Shane hair on Peaches because I found the whiskers poked through all the Cookie hairs I have. I don't know how to adjust the whiskers or any of the Cookie hair sets. The Cookie pants and shirt I picked up recently using a voucher. If you don't have any clothes for Cookie there is a (currently) freebie elf dress in the store which can be adjusted and re-shaded. I used an A3 pose on Peaches which needed som tweeking of the limbs.

Rendered in 3DL using a freebie backdrop.

Peaches-Tabby.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 2M
  • BrumitDBrumitD Posts: 235

Used from MAB's Catgirl Megapack for G8F: tail, texture, and hair. Applied strand based hair for the fur. Created shape using a mix of Thistle for G8F and custom morphs. And applied dForce on MAB's Catgirl hair.

Catgirl in Mirror.jpg
    2121 x 1500 - 2M

Here's a kitty (dunno, I spend on the new items, and the first kitty render, I use Genesis).

kitty_treasure_resize.jpg
    900 x 900 - 146K

And now for something even cuter....

thistle_church_cat_resize.jpg
    900 x 900 - 73K
  • vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297

And here's my cat girl Joy, starring in filler page for my web comic.

Extra00.png
    1275 x 1650 - 2M

@GafftheHorse and @Vrba79 I'm loving your kitty renders smileyyes It's great to see all the variety and just how differently we all render the same products. I'm a bit busy at the moment with other projects and family about to visit but I'm hoping to join in again soon smiley