GENERAL FREEBIE REQUESTS part 3

Comments

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,742

I'm seeing plenty of freebie plants, but I'm having trouble finding a sprout. Help?

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268
    Hylas said:

I'm seeing plenty of freebie plants, but I'm having trouble finding a sprout. Help?

Free: https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-bell-pepper-seedlings-model/1061870 There are also some other low cost ones at Turbo.

And a Tfree tree sprout at Rendo: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?item_id=60087

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,742
    Hylas said:

Free: https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-bell-pepper-seedlings-model/1061870 There are also some other low cost ones at Turbo.

And a Tfree tree sprout at Rendo: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?item_id=60087

Neither of these are suitable for what I'm doing, but thanks for the suggestions!
    I managed to construct my own sprout with the ever useful Versatile Tentacle and some loose leaves.

• tomhbwctomhbwc Posts: 24

launok said:

I am sorry for the late reply.  I haven't tried it out yet.

Let me know when you do.

• Chelle the CatChelle the Cat Posts: 239
    edited June 2019
    Hylas said:

I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a blade like this available somewhere?

Here's a bunch of swords, although I don't think the exact one you're looking for is not amongst them, as far as I can see:

http://www.porsimo.net/3d/weapons.htm

Thanks, while I didn't have those (and well frankly I'll grab most blades I come across) there wasn't anything there with the serrated top edge which is what I'm struggling to find :D

I do appreciate the help though.

Not exactly what you pictured but a couple of suggestions for free blades with back serrations:

https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-sword-model-1238510

https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-combat-knife/956747

Wow, those are both LOVELY blades! The first one might not be exactly what I was looking for, but I might be able to make it work. Even if not, will happily add it to my collection! LOL
    The second one would be much closer if the blade was just a little longer. Not sure if that's something I can tweak or not without making it look grotesquely out of proportion, but I'm willing to try. 

Thank you for these!

ETA: Okay, so the first blade won't work at all. The model itself is paper thin and cannot be scaled to change that. There's like no dimension there. So, I'm trying to work with the second on, but it has only one material zone. Luckily I was able to make a UV map for it and I'm going to see if I can throw something together that might work.

Post edited by Chelle the Cat on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514

..anyone know if there's a vintage newsboy outfit like this?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    kyoto kid said:

Hat and newspaper: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/paperboy-for-steampunk-street/64207

...thank you, but looking for an outfit that includes bracers and has Knickerbocker leggings with long stockings.

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    kyoto kid said:

Kyoto Kid, did you ever get the https://www.daz3d.com/the-kids-4-pro-bundle ? It has knickerbockers for the K4 boy (and cap), but does not include braces/suspenders (maybe they can be kitbashed from https://www.daz3d.com/working-man-for-m4 or something similar. The K4 knickerbockers have bows at the knee but they are easily removed under the surfaces tab.

Here's a super quick rough render to give an idea.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268
    edited June 2019

Well, not free but knickerbocker leggings and stockings for G8M here: https://www.daz3d.com/knickerbockers-for-genesis-8-males

Free suspenders for M4 here: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?item_id=74582

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

...can't use any K4 content as there is no K4 clone for G3. 

I saw the G8 ones however I only work with G3. Not sure if they would work with bracers either.

Did find two sets (G2M) that could work though they have full length slacks.  Was hoping to find something for free or at a lower cost.

edited June 2019
    kyoto kid said:

...can't use any K4 content as there is no K4 clone for G3. 

I saw the G8 ones however I only work with G3. Not sure if they would work with bracers either.

Did find two sets (G2M) that could work though they have full length slacks.  Was hoping to find something for free or at a lower cost.

https://www.daz3d.com/wear-them-all-autofit-clones-expansion-for-genesis-3-male-s-and-genesis-3-female-s lets G3 wear K4 clothes, if you have it.

EDIT: I think that even without Wear-Them-All. K4 clothes can Autofit to Genesis, so it wouldn't be too hard to then fit the clothes to G3.

Post edited by frankrblow on

...however for one set of clothing, that is a fairly major expense as I am on a fixed income.and footwear from older generations (particularly those that had the feet in the "crucifix" position) always presented a serious distortion issue. I would be better off purchasing one of the G2M sets.as both are Daz-O's and I have a coupon for them.

There is no "K4" specified in the autofit options.

kyoto kid said:

No, but try it and see if it works. I know that I'd been able to fit K4 items to Genesis (YT Justin and YT Julie) a couple of years ago before I bought Wear Them All. For no cost to you except a couple of minutes of your time.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932
    kyoto kid said:

No, but try it and see if it works. I know that I'd been able to fit K4 items to Genesis (YT Justin and YT Julie) a couple of years ago before I bought Wear Them All. For no cost to you except a couple of minutes of your time.

There was a K4 clone for Genesis but IIRC it was a limited time Xmas freebie, I don't think it's available anymore.

• Hey there :) 

I'm searching for Pokemon Models (rigged for DAZ/Poser). Can't find any on the web. Maybe someone could help me? :D 

kyoto kid said:

...actually there was a K4 clone for the original Genesis, even ones for Sam and Sadie.  With the gender split that G2 introduced, basic fit clones were far more limited (I remember I had to purchase a V4 fit clone).

• kyoto kid said:
    kyoto kid said:

...actually there was a K4 clone for the original Genesis, even ones for Sam and Sadie.  With the gender split that G2 introduced, basic fit clones were far more limited (I remember I had to purchase a V4 fit clone).

The clones have, up until Genesis 8, been for the previous generation (of the same sex) and he current generation of the opposite sex.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    kyoto kid said:

The clones have, up until Genesis 8, been for the previous generation (of the same sex) and he current generation of the opposite sex.

Actually that was the policy since Victoria 3 - there is a cr2 included that lets V3 wear V2 clothes.

• Kerya said:
    kyoto kid said:

Actually that was the policy since Victoria 3 - there is a cr2 included that lets V3 wear V2 clothes.

Yes, and Victoria 2 (which was Victroia 1 as far as rigging went) had a similar figure that would wear clothes from the Poser 4 Nude Woman (and Michael 2 likewise for the Poser 4 Nude Man). Michael 4 was the only oen that didn't get soem kind of backward-compatible figure.

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686

I haven't found the V2-P4 or M2-P4 figures, that I can recall.  AprilYSH has free remaps of the P4 Posette and Dork to take Vicki2 and Mike2 skins, but that's about as much as I've seen.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645

The clone of P4 for V2 is in this package - Victoria 2.0 Store #83 and in this package Victoria 2.0 Reduced Resolution Figure #659.

DollyGirl said:

The clone of P4 for V2 is in this package - Victoria 2.0 Store #83 and in this package Victoria 2.0 Reduced Resolution Figure #659.

Just so newer users don't get mistaken, it's not a clone as in "autofit clone", it's an alternate figure based on V2, with the same body shape and rigging as P4 woman, and V2 head.
    Autofit was introduced in DS4, figures before Genesis can't use it.

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    Leana said:
    DollyGirl said:

Just so newer users don't get mistaken, it's not a clone as in "autofit clone", it's an alternate figure based on V2, with the same body shape and rigging as P4 woman, and V2 head.
    Autofit was introduced in DS4, figures before Genesis can't use it.

Thanks, both!

• Anyone know of a mid to late 60s Dodge L700 cabover available...Or could make one, in an OBJ format....

or a mid to late 70s Chevy Titan 90.

Thanks. BrianC

L7005.jpg
    700 x 421 - 30K
    c7b2880ec2701610af1055618c3461a9.jpg
    960 x 720 - 84K
  • launoklaunok Posts: 774
    tomhbwc said:

launok said:

I am sorry for the late reply.  I haven't tried it out yet.

Let me know when you do.

I have sent you a PM.

Regards

kyoto kid said:
    kyoto kid said:

...interesting though that when I autofit clothing from another generation to G3F, I get a whole list of different figures all the way back to Vicky 4, including G2M.  

On the same original request, thought I found something (picked it up during one of the weekend sales [Retro Outfit for G2M]), but when I attempted to fit it to a G3F character, the crotch area of the pants distorted terribly and no amount of smoothing could fix it.  So back to square one looking for an old retro 1920s/30s outfit with bracers and a cap that will work.  Fortunately I only paid a total of 10¢ for it and another item using my PC DO coupon.. 

kyoto kid said:
    kyoto kid said:
    kyoto kid said:

...interesting though that when I autofit clothing from another generation to G3F, I get a whole list of different figures all the way back to Vicky 4, including G2M.  

You probably purchased the “wear them all” product.

...ah, that's why. Thanks