Ugly Ladies

2»

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,765
    edited December 1969

katfeete said:

(Side note: I'm being somewhat tongue-in-cheek here, but not very. The ability for a certain type of person to intuit my personal appearance based on a sentence like "well, you know, global warming is pretty accepted science now" has never ceased to astonish me. And pretty much vanishes when I have the sense to use an androgynous username....)

... And when I "beg to differ" (as a cousin of mine is fond of saying), or say, "You are mistaken," (as I am fond of saying to people who say things that I don't agree with), you'll just have to trust me when I say that I draw no mental pictures, and that I frankly do not care whether you look like Claudia Schiffer or Anne Ramsey! (Or even Ann Coulter - a thunderin' babe, but a bit of loon, if you ask me!)

But, as the late, great Nipsey Russell famously said, "They say that beauty is only skin-deep, but ugly is to the bone!" So..., back on topic. (Yeah, I know, awkward segue; I'm kind of famous for them!)

Try loading up the Creature Creator morphs, and fiddle with the dials a bit; you'll end up with a face that only a mother could love - and even Mom probably wonders on occasion if her kid was switched at birth!

How about dial it just a small fraction of each morph in the set and hope you do not get lucky and make something amazing.

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

katfeete said:

(Side note: I'm being somewhat tongue-in-cheek here, but not very. The ability for a certain type of person to intuit my personal appearance based on a sentence like "well, you know, global warming is pretty accepted science now" has never ceased to astonish me. And pretty much vanishes when I have the sense to use an androgynous username....)

... And when I "beg to differ" (as a cousin of mine is fond of saying), or say, "You are mistaken," (as I am fond of saying to people who say things that I don't agree with), you'll just have to trust me when I say that I draw no mental pictures, and that I frankly do not care whether you look like Claudia Schiffer or Anne Ramsey! (Or even Ann Coulter - a thunderin' babe, but a bit of loon, if you ask me!)

But, as the late, great Nipsey Russell famously said, "They say that beauty is only skin-deep, but ugly is to the bone!" So..., back on topic. (Yeah, I know, awkward segue; I'm kind of famous for them!)

Try loading up the Creature Creator morphs, and fiddle with the dials a bit; you'll end up with a face that only a mother could love - and even Mom probably wonders on occasion if her kid was switched at birth!

How about dial it just a small fraction of each morph in the set and hope you do not get lucky and make something amazing.

LOL

I don't have those, but man...I got a ton of others for Genesis -- including the Evolution and resource morphs. I just bought Aging and Face Weight. Geez, so many I don't know which is what...

• Orphanslayer69Orphanslayer69 Posts: 96
    edited December 1969

Three pages of hemming and hawing. Post ugly women!

Capturevv.JPG
    712 x 753 - 91K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,933
    edited October 2013

there is my old troll avatar
    I do not find the G2F HD hag ugly at all

ds000.gif
    200 x 162 - 1M
    trollette.gif
    262 x 300 - 178K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited December 1969

"I'm not just a pretty face you know..."

MaidenAndFrogb.jpg
    900 x 1020 - 120K
    NotJustAPrettyFace02b.jpg
    920 x 1080 - 172K
    edited October 2013

and of course G2 F creature hag

hagtalk.gif
    500 x 500 - 4M
    hag2.png
    943 x 765 - 597K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567
    edited December 1969

I have found it helpful to dial in some male head morphs to change genesis females face to a more everyday appearance.

edited December 1969

tjeb said:
    "I'm not just a pretty face you know..."

LOL Where did you get those braces?

• katfeetekatfeete Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

I have found it helpful to dial in some male head morphs to change genesis females face to a more everyday appearance.

Yeah, that trick is one of the reasons I'm unlikely to swap to G2. You pry my mix'n'match girl/guy morphs out of my cold, dead fingers. (Yes, I use girl morphs on the guys too....)

You can use surprisingly large amounts of male morphs before you get into freakish territory. This girl uses D5 at 30%, a couple of the F5 heads, and even a touch of Hobgoblin from the Creature Creator pack and I wouldn't classify her as worse than homely myself.....

Hatchet.png
    763 x 1100 - 1M
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567
    edited December 1969

katfeete said:

Yeah, that trick is one of the reasons I'm unlikely to swap to G2. You pry my mix'n'match girl/guy morphs out of my cold, dead fingers. (Yes, I use girl morphs on the guys too....)

You can use surprisingly large amounts of male morphs before you get into freakish territory. This girl uses D5 at 30%, a couple of the F5 heads, and even a touch of Hobgoblin from the Creature Creator pack and I wouldn't classify her as worse than homely myself.....

I like her. Great render. She doesn't look homely at all to me. She looks great, and a believeable character.

edited December 1969

I'm doing one with what I have. I'll post it later.

edited December 1969

By the way, are there any not so smooth textures/

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

katfeete said:

I like her. Great render. She doesn't look homely at all to me. She looks great, and a believeable character.

That is very interesting formula, I agree I think she's a believable character, very authentic I feel. Great stuff :)

• DogzDogz Posts: 896
    edited October 2013

I'm not in to ugly female characters exactly but I'm not in to overly pretty ones with model looks either, I like 'quirky' and imperfect which is not the same as ugly :)
    I remember the days when I used to browse Rendo for V4 shapes, there were just pages and pages of V4 character that all looked nice but a abit samey TBH, usually either based of some Hollywood star/ glamour model - or the typical doll look with huge eyes, a tiny mouth & puffy lips. I guess when some things become so popular they end up feeling rather generic and a bit bland..... or something.

Edit, ^Good idea there Spyro -about dialling some male.... I don't know why it never crossed my mind before :).

Post edited by Dogz on
  • TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited December 1969

@LightofHeaven: there is a set of braces here in the store, but the ones I used were from shareCG. (project Nemesis).

edited December 1969

in Carrara you can increase bump using an operator and multiply with your texture map
    this is a v4 one but another texture can be used with more bump

Untitled.jpg
    1501 x 830 - 340K
  • DogzDogz Posts: 896
    edited October 2013

tjeb said:
    @LightofHeaven: there is a set of braces here in the store, but the ones I used were from shareCG. (project Nemesis).

Mattymax has a nice pair for Gen4 http://www.daz3d.com/braces
    (edit: oh sorry you all ready knew that, I misread your post. doh)

Post edited by Dogz on
  • Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited December 1969

... I'd like to see some customers that aren't real...

BTW, the word "ugly" is really not very useful, as it is too general, and too subjective.

Well well well let's see... "Fictional customers", like "dead souls" in that famous novel by gospodin Gogol - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Souls - he wrote in Russian but technically he's Ukrainian (the Ukraine used to be a part of Russian Empire, but now they're independent and very proud of it =))

Anyway, ad agencies need a major dose of fresh blood all over the world, IMO.

And I totally agree with the last sentence. My "ugly", for instance, is so subjective it includes most of those celebrities generally deemed "attractive", so I'm not posting renders =D

katfeete - great render! Personally, I would actually classify the character as quite attractive.

• katfeetekatfeete Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

Hey hey, come back from work to a string of complements. Way to make my day guys. :)

I admit I'm pushing the limits of the thread a bit, as I quite like this character's looks too... but like most people in the thread I'm really struggling to say what (outside of storybook witch) I would call ugly. I know I don't like most of the female characters put up for sale here or in other places (here's actually better than most), or for that matter most of the girls I see in renders. It's not that they're unattractive, exactly, but they all look alike, and they all look sort of... not lived-in? I mean, I can see them in all the standard movie-set poses, but I can't see them shambling around the house at 6 am moaning about how can we be out of coffee, or eating potato chips and watching corny movies, or hanging out in the break room kvetching about the economy and comparing kid pictures. It's not that I have anything against cinematic moments. I just like characters who can do both, you know?

So for my purposes I'm defining "ugly" as the opposite of those china doll, never-been-mussed model girls, and I'll post accordingly. :D

(And you should totally post renders, Mustakettu85. It's not like you'd be derailing the thread further than it's already gone....)

edited December 1969

Well, here ya go. My first play-around for "uygly".

yeahright.jpg
    1170 x 841 - 259K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2013

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and himself likes my looks

:coolsmirk:

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

I beg to differ, beauty is in the eye of he beer holder. :D

edited December 1969

Yay, the old hag is in the store! Too bad I can't get her right now. With the power up stuff, my bank statement will probably look realy awkward. :D