Ugly Ladies

VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
edited December 1969 in The Commons

There are TOO many sexy ladies out there, so let's try this...MAKE AN UGLY HUMAN LADY!

Just for fun. :D

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited December 1969

You can do it very easily by adjusting the dials. Ugly don't sell

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

I know that...

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

Dials won't help if the skin is still perfectly smooth.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

There is a Pretty Ugly product for Gen 5 over on Renderosity. Vendor: Balivandi

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    Dials won't help if the skin is still perfectly smooth.

Another really simple process in PS or Gimp

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited October 2013

I must say In general, my tastes in female characters seem to be vastly different than what the majority of customers seem to enjoy and which is frequently made.. I don't care for the large breasted, big eyed, big lipped type with too much makeup which is popular.

Everyone's tastes are quite different and what is ugly seems to vary based on the person.

Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited December 1969

The Rendo thingo looks nice.

If all the female characters were real people, I'd ne putting my game on for them. But here, they are just so perfect and plenty, I think if cmen grew up in a society full of beautiful women, they'd be competing feor the ugly ones. lol

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited December 1969

There are TOO many sexy ladies out there, so let’s try this…MAKE AN UGLY HUMAN LADY!

what fun do you have with that
    and what is ugly for you?

i think this post will be deleted by familyfriendly mods quickly

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683
    edited December 1969

There is a difference between real-life looking woman and plain ugly.
    And there is the thing about personal taste :)

• Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,131
    edited December 1969

Well, I think this is coming out "pretty soon":

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/30623/

• IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited October 2013

I must say In general, my tastes in female characters seem to be vastly different than what the majority of customers seem to enjoy and which is frequently made.. I don't care for the large breasted, big eyed, big lipped type with too much makeup which is popular.

Everyone's tastes are quite different and what is ugly seems to vary based on the person.

Couldn't agree more. I pass straight over these characters. After a while they begin to seem like caricatures. Give me ordinary faces with some character and individuality any day.

I also agree that there's also a big difference between ordinary-looking people and 'ugly'. For me, 'not beautiful' does NOT equal 'ugly'. :)

(The FW witch looks great!)

Post edited by IndigoJanson on
    edited December 1969

I'm not trying to debate value or personal taste. Everyone is entitled to their own defintion and I am in no way here to changfe that. I used the adjective "ugly" to mean the opposite of attractive, appearance-wise. That's the more common definition...in my book anyway.

For the record,c if I were to do a piece of art to represent myt definition of the term, it might be an attractivexxxx woman doing something sinful -- beating a kid, killing a puppy, pushing her boyfriend off a cliff, nabbing another lady's purse, etc. THAT is my "ugly".

My point fdor the thread was I just wangted t4o see something different for femalie characters.v Something not so attractive appearance wise.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,699
    edited December 1969

I can try to make some ugly ladies for G2f or Genesis. I can try no promises. I have to get some way to edit textures first.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited October 2013

I don't like the word ugly, but prefer non-attractive or everyday types. Unless you are asking for Ugly as in a witch:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • GrazeGraze Posts: 418
    edited December 1969

My point fdor the thread was I just wangted t4o see something different for femalie characters.

A DAZ product for something different for female characters : http://www.daz3d.com/i-am

A DAZ product for something different for male characters : http://www.daz3d.com/the-man-in-the-mirror

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited December 1969

...I have Man in the Mirror. Great resource for when I need just some ordinary "Joes" in my scenes.

• VisioneerVisioneer Posts: 158
    edited December 1969

You can also go to Rendo and buy all of Farconville's V4 face morphs (with a GenX to Genesis) Those range from "plain" to "ugly" pretty well. :D

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,316
    edited December 1969

There are TOO many sexy ladies out there, so let's try this...MAKE AN UGLY HUMAN LADY!

Regarding the abundance of ugly men we have in the 3D world, I can only support this. ;-)

Honestly: What we need are more 'normal' looking women and girls. Unique women like S5 or the exquisite characters of Mihrelle (though lately she makes some mainstream types, too). Well, obviously 'factory faces' sell. I never understood why people buy the same boring 'perfect' plastic faces over and over again; they seem not to notice that they look more or less all the same. If I only think of the myriads of saucer-eyed, tiny-nosed teenagers crowding a certain popular 3D-shop...

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited December 1969

ugly is only in the mind not in the shape
    its just Fashion and that changes from year to year
    and i really would like to see more interesting shapes of human bodies also

edited December 1969

Well, I tried flipping random dials. Not ugly, but kinda androgynous. I newed some of Zev's morphs...

Oops, i didn't save this character.

snip2.JPG
    965 x 882 - 182K
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    I don't like the word ugly, but prefer non-attractive or everyday types. Unless you are asking for Ugly as in a witch:)

Very much so. Surely, no one thinks the wicked wirtch from Wizard of Ozc is attractive?

Maybe I should rename this thread...

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,699
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:

Very much so. Surely, no one thinks the wicked wirtch from Wizard of Ozc is attractive?

I went to Google images to see if wicked witch of Wizard of Oz could be considered attractive. Looking at the images from google images, I probably can see someone thinking she is attractive, but then those are stills and not the movie. I think it is attitude and personality that can make a lady beautiful or ugly. Too bad Netflix streaming does not have Wizard of Oz. (not doing dvd rental from netflix at the moment.)

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:

I went to Google images to see if wicked witch of Wizard of Oz could be considered attractive. Looking at the images from google images, I probably can see someone thinking she is attractive, but then those are stills and not the movie. I think it is attitude and personality that can make a lady beautiful or ugly. Too bad Netflix streaming does not have Wizard of Oz. (not doing dvd rental from netflix at the moment.)

Yeah, someone might...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Leb83bRkXDg

Ever read the original novel "Frankenstein"?dd everyone shunned the thing, because he was hideous. No one in the book cared about his heart and cared even less when he started killing. Me? I thought he looked creepy,c but he still had a heart to help people.c THAT is true beauty.

Cruella Deville frm 101Dalmations looks okay, butt she's so greedy for her coat of puppy fur that shte doesn't carew what happens to anyone or anything as long as she gets it. THAT is true ugly.

• katfeetekatfeete Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

Well, this is the Internet, where the only possible responses to a woman who says something you disagree with are....

1) You're UGLY.
    2) You're FAT.
    3) You're a LESBIAN.
    4) Or (my personal favorite) you're a fat, ugly LESBIAN.

So it is probably the Internet meaning of the word people are responding to, and yeah, you may want to change the name of the thread. ;)

(Side note: I'm being somewhat tongue-in-cheek here, but not very. The ability for a certain type of person to intuit my personal appearance based on a sentence like "well, you know, global warming is pretty accepted science now" has never ceased to astonish me. And pretty much vanishes when I have the sense to use an androgynous username....)

That said, I think you're thinking more of ugly as used by this site, e.g. "look like normal humans, haven't had the personality airbrushed out of them."

By that definition, one of mine....

Iris.jpg
    900 x 900 - 545K
  • TeofaTeofa Posts: 823
    edited December 1969

katfeete said:

Well, this is the Internet, where the only possible responses to a woman who says something you disagree with are....

1) You're UGLY.
    2) You're FAT.
    3) You're a LESBIAN.
    4) Or (my personal favorite) you're a fat, ugly LESBIAN.

So it is probably the Internet meaning of the word people are responding to, and yeah, you may want to change the name of the thread. ;)

(Side note: I'm being somewhat tongue-in-cheek here, but not very. The ability for a certain type of person to intuit my personal appearance based on a sentence like "well, you know, global warming is pretty accepted science now" has never ceased to astonish me. And pretty much vanishes when I have the sense to use an androgynous username....)

That said, I think you're thinking more of ugly as used by this site, e.g. "look like normal humans, haven't had the personality airbrushed out of them."

By that definition, one of mine....

If you game on the internet, there is one more. Women don't exist, and anyone claiming to be one is some 40 year old in his mom's basement covered in Cheeto dust.

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited December 1969

I don't like the word ugly in reference to people.

But this post is not about "ugly"; I want to bring up something thought-provoking about language.

My choice of "words not to use" is wise can sometimes feel "Politically Correct", because it is. I'm in business and sensitivity must be observed. Reading through this thread has made me once again realize that my language choices are probably limiting myself and my communication potential and that I probably should be more willing to use this word and others.

A Russian friend of mine told me once that the English language is already very limiting when it comes to imparting tone and flavor in our conversations.

I don't know Russian so I can neither agree nor disagree, but this comment constantly comes to mind and I now question myself constantly about phraseology and my choices when trying to communicate well.

Food for thought, I guess.

edited December 1969

I was almost bliowtorched by a friend once for using the word "fat", even though I wasn't talking about him. I have a feeling conversations would still be the same if I'd used an alternate word. I mean...if i use "unattractive" or "not pretty" in place of "ugly", I'd still see the same picture.

Yeah, limits don't make talking about art any easier.

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited December 1969

A Russian friend of mine told me once that the English language is already very limiting when it comes to imparting tone and flavor in our conversations.

I don't know Russian so I can neither agree nor disagree, but this comment constantly comes to mind and I now question myself constantly about phraseology and my choices when trying to communicate well.

Well, I am actually Russian (born and bred here in Moscow, RU), and I can attest that there seem to exist certain advantages over English that Russian has for emotional situations specifically. There's a vast system of noun suffixes that often have additional collocations (specific emotion towards this object, degree of formality etc), same with verb and adjective suffixes/prefixes, which are often stacked in everyday speech. I'm not even talking about Russian obscene stems that add even more "tone and flavour" LOL Most of this flexibility is limited to informal speech or fiction, though.

However, English has a lot of other advantages (its more "stable" structure makes it much easier to learn, if anything). Then there are shades of meaning that are much better expressed using English or cannot be expressed in Russian at all - modal verbs, stuff like perfect infinitives, etc. It also has a lot of cool vocabulary for "old-fashioned" poetry (and poetry-wise, it's not as full of consonant clusters as Russian is!). And so on, and so on...

• Dino GrampsDino Gramps Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Since this thread has moved into talking about language I hope this is not too OT.

The biggest problem with the English language is the current use of it by the marketing hacks. One example will suffice. Where on God's earth do you find an alternative to "real people." Yet you hear that term all the time (or it's close relative "real customers.") I'd like to see some customers that aren't real. Actually what I'd like to see are massive firings from the ad agencies.

BTW, the word "ugly" is really not very useful, as it is too general, and too subjective.

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited December 1969

katfeete said:

... And when I "beg to differ" (as a cousin of mine is fond of saying), or say, "You are mistaken," (as I am fond of saying to people who say things that I don't agree with), you'll just have to trust me when I say that I draw no mental pictures, and that I frankly do not care whether you look like Claudia Schiffer or Anne Ramsey! (Or even Ann Coulter - a thunderin' babe, but a bit of loon, if you ask me!)

But, as the late, great Nipsey Russell famously said, "They say that beauty is only skin-deep, but ugly is to the bone!" So..., back on topic. (Yeah, I know, awkward segue; I'm kind of famous for them!)

Try loading up the Creature Creator morphs, and fiddle with the dials a bit; you'll end up with a face that only a mother could love - and even Mom probably wonders on occasion if her kid was switched at birth!