Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

Comments

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    dawnblade said:

Many thanks for fixing the "View These Artists Together" links! smiley I'm also liking the Addons checkbox filter, and I have a question about it: Is it supposed to be showing products even though I don't have all the required products? For example, among the results is QX Amelia for Eva 8, in which I own the G8F body and G8F head morphs but not the main character Eva 8. There are many like this in the search results, and even if I use it in conjunction with the "Required Items" checkbox filter, the same results are returned.

Currently, it is supposed to do that because the required items list is not consistent, and there's no way to tell which product uses what logic. Some products require you to have all the listed items, others only require you to have at least one of them.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    Ati said:
    dawnblade said:

Many thanks for fixing the "View These Artists Together" links! smiley I'm also liking the Addons checkbox filter, and I have a question about it: Is it supposed to be showing products even though I don't have all the required products? For example, among the results is QX Amelia for Eva 8, in which I own the G8F body and G8F head morphs but not the main character Eva 8. There are many like this in the search results, and even if I use it in conjunction with the "Required Items" checkbox filter, the same results are returned.

Currently, it is supposed to do that because the required items list is not consistent, and there's no way to tell which product uses what logic. Some products require you to have all the listed items, others only require you to have at least one of them.

OK thanks, I see what you mean. I do recall products that say you only need such-and-such if you want this specific morph. Otherwise you don't need it.

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948
    Ati said:
    gitika1 said:
    mmalbert said:

I'm  having trouble with this extension on Chrome; seems to have started yesterday. The DAZ main store page gives me the "page unresponsive - wait or leave" error message. Can't click on anything while the extension is enabled and once I turn it off, everything works again.

Any other Chrome users having this problem or am I the only lucky one?

I have had the same issue for 3 days now.  Even posted in an other thread thinking it was the Daz website.  However, after trying on all 3 of my pcs with DAZ Deals and then trying on a work PC that does not have the add-on; the lagging or lack of response on the Daz pages is related to the plugin.  In fact, as one sits and waits, you can see that the extra page items (only show wishlist and only show owned) are part of the pieces that are not loaded until after an extended wait time.  During that period, the only way to move "on" is to use your browser back button.

Can you please try disabling the features of the addon one by one to see which one causes the issue? This is very hard to debug, as most people have no problem with this, and people who do, can solve it by reinstalling the addon.

If I uncheck Hide items - the problem is resolved.  If I check everything under Hide items, there is a slight delay.  I have no specific items listed when clicking on see hidden items.

The last few days I've experienced similar issues (Chrome is my main browser), where any store page was unbearably slow. For today, I thought it was due to the new Kala 8 character. It would display the page, but the additional filters wouldn't appear for about 15 sec. or so, and the page was unresponsive until the filters appeared.

What worked for me is what Ati mentioned about reinstalling the extension: I just now uninstalled DazDeals and added it again, marked the first 2 "hide" checkboxes on the Options page, marked "Add wishlist buttons to category pages" and marked "Daz Studio" and Unknown in the "I'm only interested in" list. Works great now! No delays on the store pages.

Hope this helps.

edited May 2019

Whoops! Spoke to soon. The store is locking up again after reinstalling the Chrome extension, and I'm missing the new filters like "Required" and "Addons".

Post edited by dawnblade on

Thanks for all the feedback, guys!

For anyone, having issues with the store load-times, please uncheck (disable) the "Hide items" option in the addon options.

This is just a temporary workaround. This may take a while to track down, as nothing changed on our side at the time this issue started appearing, and I can't replicate it yet.

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    edited May 2019

Ati, just to let you know that there are a few other posts around several forum threads talking about the store loading issue, and I have advise the ones I saw to uncheck 'Hide items'.

Possibly a Mod could merge (or lock) those threads, as they find them? Otherwise things could get messy. (Frank)

EDIT to add the links I can remember:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/328411/daz-store-doesn-t-load#latest

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/328881/daz-site-slow-loading#latest

Post edited by frankrblow on

Ati, just to let you know that there are a few other posts around several forum threads talking about the store loading issue, and I have advise the ones I saw to uncheck 'Hide items'.

Possibly a Mod could merge (or lock) those threads, as they find them? Otherwise things could get messy. (Frank)

Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep an eye out on these messages, too.

Bear with us, as we figure out what's going on. There was no new version of the addon this recently, so it's kind of a mystery why this started happening now, and only to some people, not everyone.

• sueyasueya Posts: 824

Do you plan to add an option to just show products in a sale that are add-ons for items the user owns or is that too complicated? I can imagine it would be if a user owns a lot of items.

Another thing that could prove useful is for each user to be able to set up a list of favourite PAs and notify the user if products by one of these favourite PAs are discounted or if one of these favourite PAs has a new release. 

sueya said:

Do you plan to add an option to just show products in a sale that are add-ons for items the user owns or is that too complicated? I can imagine it would be if a user owns a lot of items.

This is already a feature. It's the "Show filter for required items and addons" filter. Make sure that's turned on and that you're signed up for notifications (that's how the list is generated).

sueya said:

Another thing that could prove useful is for each user to be able to set up a list of favourite PAs and notify the user if products by one of these favourite PAs are discounted or if one of these favourite PAs has a new release. 

That's something that's half-done, but getting an accurate list of the daily new releases is proving a bit challenging, as they can be all over the place, not just among the newest items. :(

Question to everyone who has problems with the store load times: do you still have the popup banner at the top? Does closing that help?

Thank you @Ati. Unchecking "Hide Items" works for me! The store loads quickly again! I didn't get a popup banner, so I can't comment on it.

Forgot to mention that I no longer have the "Required Items" and "Addons" filters for the Chrome extension.

StoreFilters.JPG
    1086 x 127 - 25K
    dawnblade said:

I didn't get a popup banner, so I can't comment on it.

Ehh, that's not good. We thought that might be the reason for the timing. But then it's not.

dawnblade said:

Forgot to mention that I no longer have the "Required Items" and "Addons" filters for the Chrome extension.

Is the email and passcode entered on the options page? These checkboxes require that because the lists of required items and addons are generated on our servers.

Ati said:

Is the email and passcode entered on the options page? These checkboxes require that because the lists of required items and addons are generated on our servers.

That was it! I have the extra filters now. Thanks Ati!

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    Ati said:

Question to everyone who has problems with the store load times: do you still have the popup banner at the top? Does closing that help?

I did have a popup banner, but I usually close them right after reading them. I do not think any banner affected the add on, as I was having trouble with store page slow loading until a day or so ago.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116

Been using this addon for a while now in Chrome, and something that confuses me is that sometimes the price tracker will show a lower price than what is currently shown for the current day. This particular item is https://www.daz3d.com/simtenero-randomizer

Is there something I'm missing?

chrome_JlmET9gBQg.png
    583 x 269 - 11K
    Pixolygon said:

Been using this addon for a while now in Chrome, and something that confuses me is that sometimes the price tracker will show a lower price than what is currently shown for the current day. This particular item is https://www.daz3d.com/simtenero-randomizer

Is there something I'm missing?

The price history is showing the lowest price of the day (based on the universal UTC timezone), not the current price.

The sale may have already ended, or in some cases, the low price may have been the result of a glitch that caused the price to only be that low for a few minutes. (In such cases, you have to act really fast when you get the email notifications. ;))

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

Anyone else getting these best daz prices emails?

Normal price: $7.98
    0% OFF: $7.98
    PC+ item

lol...

3dOutlaw said:

PC+ item

lol...

Those items just got discounted from 7.99 to 7.98. Act quickly, though, because they're back at 7.99 again! :)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    3dOutlaw said:

PC+ item

lol...

I didn't notice that one, but I got "Evening Soir\u00e9e Poses for Genesis 8" that should be "Evening Soirée Poses for Genesis 8". Looks like some kind of encoding problem on the é.

OK, I've got my email notify set to best prices in 1 year only...but I've been getting 1 or 2 of these a day, starting with the below, and the email is HUGE...help!

Best prices in 1 month:

DNA P5  Razor Hair for V2/V3

DNA P5 Razor Hair for V2/V3

PC+ item

edited May 2019
    3dOutlaw said:

OK, I've got my email notify set to best prices in 1 year only...but I've been getting 1 or 2 of these a day, starting with the below, and the email is HUGE...help!

I honestly have no idea why Daz is doing this. :(

The price of this product changed 7 (!!!) times today, and 27 (!!!) times within the last three days. PC+ members are luckier, their price for this product has not changed since January. And seeing the number of changed prices, I see that this frequent price-change has been happening recently for hundreds of items every day, multiple times a day.

Other than the 6-month timeframe, you have all others turned on. Are you using multiple browsers? If so, please make sure that all of them have only the needed timeframes selected, and then save the selection from one of them.

Post edited by Ati on
    edited May 2019
    Ati said:
    3dOutlaw said:

The price of this product changed 7 (!!!) times today, and 27 (!!!) times within the last three days.

Make that 8 and 28.

Now, obviously, if this continues--and it looks like this is not a one-time glitch, but something that is done more and more often--then the way we handle these price changes will have to change, making the notifications less frequent, but a little more unreliable at the same time.

Post edited by Ati on

A few things, I am a PC+ member, and I get these.  I only have 1 browser, and I have not changed these settings since I dont know when. I only have 1 year checked.  I just pressed save 3 times on that page.Can you check it again?

Oh, maybe I needed to unsubscribe from an email and then reset and press save - Done

The problem is that you're not actually a PC+ member. You're a PA, and you have some other prices which, as far as I know, are not one of the two base prices. And because I don't have regular access to such an account, there's no way for me to test, so it is handled as "Are you a pc+ member? No. Then you get the regular prices," which I understand is not accurate for PAs.

You now show as unsubscribed from the 1-month timeframe, so if your browser does not sign you up again, you should be good.

Ah, OK, thanks!

• duane_moodyduane_moody Posts: 130

Wishlist hanging browser, wonder what's up

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,765

I've found a bug in the "Hide Items" function, when you tell it you're only interested in certain products.

Unless you tell it you're interested in everything (I had Bryce Carrara and Vue switched off), you won't see everything on offer at https://www.daz3d.com/windfield . The missing item - https://www.daz3d.com/haydina-hair-for-genesis-8-females - appears to be a normal Daz Studio item, but Daz Deals doesn't think so.

This discussion has been closed.