New PC Restore

vonHobovonHobo Posts: 1,638

If I get a new computer, do I need to reinstall all of the DAZ content through the DAZ Install Manager? 

Or is there an easier way to just backup a directory and then restore once I switch to the new PC?

I know that third party products (Renderosity, etc.) are in the My Library folder:

c:\Users\[Username]\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library

But I'm not sure if there is a centralized location for all the DAZ Shop installs.

I'm assuming it's somewhere under c:\Users\Public

It would be nice to have a backup.

Post edited by vonHobo on

Comments

• kenshaw011267kenshaw011267 Posts: 3,805
    edited May 2019

They're stored where ever you point the DIM at. You can check that in the DIM or in studio itself. If you haven't messed with the defaults I think you'll find it in users/Public/Documents/Daz3d/My DAZ 3D Library.

Depending on the size of the assets you have there are a number of options available to you but if you're not technically savvy loading through the DIM might be easiest even if it takes a while.

Post edited by kenshaw011267 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825

DIM uses the manifests folder tot rack what it has installed, by default that is (as Irecall) in the Public Documents/Daz Install Manager/Manifests/ - those store absolute paths. DS uses the Content Management System which does use relative paths - its database in in

%AppData%/Daz 3D/cms/ContentCluster/

by default, and should be backed up/restored when DS and DIM are closed (and Carrara).

• vonHobovonHobo Posts: 1,638

Thank you Richard. :)