Custom morphs in DAZ do never show up in the parameters tab - Please help

I'm so tired of trying to save a custom head morph. No matter what I do, it won't show up in the Parameters tab at all. The location I save to is: My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 3\Female\Morphs\Vendor\Product-Name
But it will never show up. The odd thing is, other morphs do show, only the ones I save from DAZ are nowhere to be found. For example when I sava a morph from the FG-Artist application it showes up imidiatly. But when I save a morph from DAZ in the very same folder it will never show. WHY?

Is there anything else, like filling a darn XML file or something????  How do others manage to make there custom morphs appear??

Please help. I'm at a point where it just drives me nuts. WTF is going on with DAZ? Why dosn't it show my morphs at all?

Post edited by 3amt87_3b0d7b1ca2 on

Comments

• When you created the morph, what did you specify as the Property Group in Morph Loader Pro?  That 'path' is where morphs always show up in the Parameters tab for me.  Saving the morph to a location on my local machine doesn't change that.  The default value is 'Morphs/Morph Loader', which you can change by right-clicking on the value and choosing an existing one or creating another.

I assume you have tried searching for your custom morph in the Paramters tab by highlighting the figure name, making sure All morphs are shown (not Favorites or Currently Used), then typing the name you gave to the morph in the search field at the top of the property list?

• 3amt87_3b0d7b1ca23amt87_3b0d7b1ca2 Posts: 11
    edited May 2019

When you created the morph, what did you specify as the Property Group in Morph Loader Pro?  That 'path' is where morphs always show up in the Parameters tab for me.  Saving the morph to a location on my local machine doesn't change that.  The default value is 'Morphs/Morph Loader', which you can change by right-clicking on the value and choosing an existing one or creating another.

What? There never has been anything like that? Please be more specific, I do not understand any of your claims. Sorry. When I save as a morph I can not specify any of those Property Groups either. So what the hell are you talking about, bro? I can only change the group for morphs that show up. As mine don't show, I can not change a bit. As I said, all morphs are working fine, as long as I did not save them myself. Yes, I have "All" selcted and I search for the morph name, but it is not there at all. I do not understand how others manage to pack there files. It's simply isn't working at all for me. So no more DAZ for me I guess. Maybe I sould stick with UE4. At least I can import and export everything with UE. Unlike DAZ, where I can not even save a single chars face! Man that sucks

• 3amt87_3b0d7b1ca23amt87_3b0d7b1ca2 Posts: 11
    edited May 2019

Changing the Property Group dosn't solve my problem at all. I wan't to specify the file location and force my morph to be shown where all the other morphs are shown. The file location is exactly the same locations as all other morphs are located that do show up. ONLY my own morphs won't show. All others are there. But for my own it's simply like they do not exist at all for DAZ.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

How are you creating your morph?

• So what the hell are you talking about, bro?

Answering your question, but as you don't like my answer, I'll stop talking.

Maybe I sould stick with UE4.

I think you're right.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997

The data folder is hidden, its files don't shjow in the UI (unless there's somethign wrong with the directory set-up). Those are back-end asset files (File>Save As>Support Assets>Morph Asset) which will load with the figure (and appear in the property group specified when importing the morph). If you don't save a morph asset then save a scene, or a Character preset and use that to load the figure with the morph. If you've saved the morph as an asset and want a preset that will appear in the UI use File>Save As>Shaping preset, and place it in a sutiable folder (e.g. /People/Genesis 3 Female/Shapes)

• ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 748

I'm well aware to be responding to a rather old thread but this one keeps popping up when you search the Net for this issue. Not only can I fully reproduce the problem which OP seemed to be having, I think I also discovered the possible reason why this was happening; at least I can fully reproduce it.

Context: I'm using the latest Daz Studio 4.21 in combination with ZBrush 2022.0.7, shouldn't matter but figured I'd mention all related details.

After messing around with this for several hours I come to the conclusion that this behavior happens as soon as the asset for which you're creating the morph is somehow associated with an incompatible figure. Seems rather odd but I can fully reproduce this:

• I add a Genesis 8 female figure to my scene.
    • Using the content library pane I applied pants to her which were originally designed for Genesis 3 male.
    • I then 'GoZ' the female figure over, I change the pants a bit, GoZ those specific changes back and create a morph for the pants.
      • For the record: this morph fully works as intended.
    • Then I save / export the morph: File => Save As => Support Asset => Morph Asset and make sure to only select the morph.

The result?  I load in the pants, either stand alone or on another figure, and what do you know: no custom morph shows up.

If I repeat the exact same steps but this time using a Genesis 3 male as my "base model" then everything works as intended. In fact: If I then follow up by loading that same Genesis 8 female figure again, apply the pants on her once more then the morph also gets loaded (as one would expect).

As such my suggestion / theory: make sure that the asset for which you created the morph isn't associated with anything incompatible.

If you are in this situation (morphs which don't show up) then your best bet is to save the asset as a scene sub-set (which will either include the morph or a link to said morph if you already saved it previously). This should probably also give you an option to re-create the morph but that's a bit beyond the intention of my post.

Hope this can still help some random readers.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,833
    edited July 2023

This is one of those situations where lack of knowledge in the community tends to bite people on the ass.

When you autofit something you have a temporary asset sitting in RAM, any work you do to it and then save out as assets, will be saved back to the original assets location.

In this instance saving as a scene/subset isn't a good idea either, as the asset data will either be saved in the DUF file, or into the "data/auto_adapted" folder, and that can get messy to deal with.

If you plan on "keeping" the autofitted asset, then the best thing to do is to save it as a new asset, using "File > Save As > Support Assets > Figure/Prop Asset", before you start doing any work to it.

Post edited by Bejaymac on
  • ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 748

Bejaymac said:

This is one of those situations where lack of knowledge in the community tends to bite people on the ass.

Lack of knowledge and shared knowledge I might add. Because finding useful information on this topic isn't exactly easy, it also doesn't help that many shown links towards the Daz3D documentation direct you to either empty pages or just brief summaries. And I'm not someone who already stops looking after 2 pages on Bing or Google ;)

In this instance saving as a scene/subset isn't a good idea either, as the asset data will either be saved in the DUF file, or into the "data/auto_adapted" folder, and that can get messy to deal with.

Well, I have other experiences there. After I discovered the above I saved several assets as subsets, brought those into my new scenes and then autofitted them to the intended character; worked like a charm, and I also had access to the morph. However, very important detail: I made sure to export/save the morph first.

If you plan on "keeping" the autofitted asset, then the best thing to do is to save it as a new asset, using "File > Save As > Support Assets > Figure/Prop Asset", before you start doing any work to it.

Agreed, that is the better solution.

Another solution which I started to use is re-doing the morph, but this time on an "untainted" asset, ZBrush is very useful for this because you don't have to "GoZ" full figures 'back' but can also tell it to focus on just one "sub tool" (= ZBrush terminology; refers to one part of the figure).

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences on this, it's much appreciated! I'm actually playing with the idea to roll my experiences up in a morphing guide and when I do you can be sure I'll be referencing you as well (I strongly believe in 'credit where credits due').

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,508

Valuable experience from recent posts. OP's tone is not in favor with me...