GenX2 error message

I could use some help with an error message when I attempt to use the GenX2 script in Studio. As far as I know I have all the plugins and etc to be able to use the app. I've used the script several times sucessfully before this week and can't understand why it suddenly won't work. I was attempting to transfer a morph from David 3 to Genesis 3 Male. I loaded the CR2 file that contained the morph I wanted to transfer. I selected my morph and clicked "Transfer". The error message I got was "Target figure is not supported for selected figure or shape". I thought testing other figures. When I select "Source", Genesis 2 Female and Genesis 2 Male are grayed out. Genesis 3 Female and Genesis 3 Male are the only ones listed. Genesis for some reason is unavailable. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it thru DIM and that didn't work. I tried doing it manually with the executable from the product page and that didn't work. I'm at a loss as to what I'm missing here.

Comments

• BaronekBaronek Posts: 81
    edited May 2019

I had this problem a few years ago... it was related to an old dll for Genx being left on the system after upgrading/adding a new version at the time - there is/was an issue when installing it over the older version of genx that it left the old dll in place instead of removing it. There is a mention here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/849311/#Comment_849311

Once I removed the older dll, the problem disappeared and Genx worked as normal, as at the time it was said you only need one version of the genx dll.

Again, from a hazy memory the old dll lived in Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins and was called: d3dGenX.dll (I renamed mine to d3dGenX.dll.genx) And the newer version lived in Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins and was called d3dGenX2.dll

You could give that a try and see if it works (just rename the dll so you can restore it back if it is not the issue). If you are trying to make it work in a beta version of Daz Studio, that's a different kettle of fish to fix but if you search on that dll name in the forum you can find the tips to do this.

More information here as well: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1298991/#Comment_1298991

Brad

Post edited by Baronek on
  • Thanks. I'll check it out and see if that fixes my issue.

• Well that got me nowhere. The driver file is the correct one and in the right places. The old one is nowhere to be found. The GenX2 folder is where it should be. I have no idea how to fix it. Anyone have any clues?

David

• Ok. Did some more testing. I can get it to do transfers from Genesis 2 Male to Genesis 3 Male but that's all. I have plugins for David 3, Victoria 3, Michael 3 and etc but it won't do the transfers. I try David 3 to G2M and I get this error message: "Could not find intermediate figure definition. Error creating morph from clone." I try David 3 to G3M and I get "Target figure is not supported for selected source figure or shape." Nor will it let me load M4 has a source figure. The DLL file I have installed is the GenX2 version. The GenX Dll file is nowhere to be found on my system so I don't think that's the issue. Can someone please tell me why it's not working. It was working fine up until last couple of weeks. I tested out another transfer script that managed to erase any DSF files. To my knowledge I've got all of that restored.

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305

Did you install a newer version of DS in the mean time? Any other changes to your system? Installed other items in DS? Which exact version of DS are you using 4.10.xxx (fill in the xxx smiley) or the beta 4.11.xxx?

I'm certainly no expert (and I don't use DIM), but trying to figure out why something doesn't work on another person's system is, well, not easy.... Any additional information you may be able to give might help understanding what may have caused the problem(s).

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,183

You do have the Genx2 Addon for Genesis 2? It is needed as that intermediary step to get up to Genesis 3 from anything before Genesis 2 (i.e., Genesis, MilGen4, MilGen3). You say it worked before, so I assume you have it, but is it still properly installed? Use DIM to check installed files for each of the GenX2 Addons that you have. On the Installed tab right-click on the Product -> Show Installed Files..., all items should be blue hyperlinks.

• I just checked and it's showing that addon as being installed. I've managed to get almost all of it to working again except transfering anything from David 3 to Genesis 3. Thankfully I had an old laptop from about 2 years ago that had it all set-up and I was able to see that some files didn't get re-installed for whatever reason. When I first encountered the problem, I uninstalled all of the GenX2 and reinstalled. I read that the installer had issues about correctly placing files for some reason. So I was able to take the GenX2 folder off of the old laptop and copy it over to the current one, making sure that I followed the same folder set-up. And so far I've gotten it almost back to complete functionality except for the David 3 thing. My next resort is to take the folder (GenX2 and the addons) from my work Mac and copy it over to the laptop as the work Mac version works without a hitch.

• Just so that I'm understanding, the only folder location for GenX2 should be: C:Users\MyProfileName\AppData\Roaming\Daz 3D\Studio4

I don't need to have it installed in the same folder as my library files correct? I just want to make certain I install it to the correct location and that there are no conflicts.

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305

Just so that I'm understanding, the only folder location for GenX2 should be: C:Users\MyProfileName\AppData\Roaming\Daz 3D\Studio4

I don't need to have it installed in the same folder as my library files correct? I just want to make certain I install it to the correct location and that there are no conflicts.

Yep, that's how it is on my pc..

Do you have the  David3.gxs   D3Clone.gxs  g3f_d3.gxc  g3f_d3.gxm   g3m_d3.gxc  and   g3m_d3.gxm   in the GenX2 folder? My guess is those are the 'additional' files needed for the David conversion...

• Those files are there. But yet I still get the "Target figure is not supported" error message.