Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.11.0.335! (*UPDATED*)

1262728293032»

Comments

• Not sure if it's possible, but it'd be great if we could save both a denoised and noised version of our renders. 

Nvidia's algorithm can be too aggressive even on renders with 10,000+ iterations. I'm currently using the denoising feature outside of DAZ so I can combine the images in photoshop and get the best of both worlds. 

try File>Save Last Render, which will save without closing the render, then toggle the denoiser and resume the render for a few iterations so it updates and save that.

Hm. Did this, but unfotunately it doesn't save any canvases. I need the HDR beauty pass. 

Ah, you didn't say that. I don't think there is a way to do that, at least not directly - you could perhaps rescue the .exrs from the temp folder isntead of using File>Save Last Render and put them in a safe folder.

• gederixgederix Posts: 390

Seems the active pose tool crash has not been fixed. They said it was fixed in this build in response to my ticket but this is incorect; I just lost an hours work with the exact same instantaneous, no warning, no error message, one second working, next Im looking at the desktop CRASH, sooooo not fixed. 

• btymoffersbtymoffers Posts: 22

Still having the same issue that makes 4.11 unusable. Pin at Both, and Pin at End cause the program to crash 98% of the time. Until this is fixed 4.11 can not come out of beta.

Have you reported this as a bug?

Yes, it took them 2-3 weeks to respond, and tell me that they were already aware of this issue. This was 6 months ago.... And as others have reported, Daz support said that it was supposed to be fixed in this patch. And it unfortunately has not been fixed, nor does it look like they attempted a fix for this patch. As its crashing the exact same as it always had in v4.11.

So it also appears as if Support is on a different page then the development team.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,668

Any chnage to Active Pose would be listed in the Change Log, and there isn't anything there.

• RayDAntRayDAnt Posts: 1,120

Is it just me or is the new build slower in general?

So far, nearly all my tests show it measurably (if only slightly) faster.

• paulbungardpaulbungard Posts: 52
    edited May 2019

Would be nice if the AI Denoiser had a setting to Denoise it after the render is done. Eather that or train it better as it tends to have a color sanding effect ware it sands out render details. Making renders look cartoonish  

Post edited by paulbungard on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Would be nice if the AI Denoiser had a setting to Denoise it after the render is done. Eather that or train it better as it tends to have a color sanding effect ware it sands out render details. Making renders look cartoonish  

Set the the time it starts to later in the render; via itterations.

I don't find it helps on characters, but architecture it can be great.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,921

nicstt said:

Set the the time it starts to later in the render; via itterations.

I don't find it helps on characters, but architecture it can be great.

I usually set mine for 128/256/512 depending how long my render is...

• ragamuffin57ragamuffin57 Posts: 132
    RayDAnt said:

Is it just me or is the new build slower in general?

So far, nearly all my tests show it measurably (if only slightly) faster.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I have a feeling that it is more sluggish when working with a viewport and UI (often getting stuck with busy cursor and not responding to commands), and especially slower at building projection maps and updating geometry for Iray when you switch from textured to iray mode and even back to textured switch seems slower. I also had a consistently reproducible crash with one figure eyebrow mesh and situations where I fallback to CPU because I supposedly run out of VRAM (11 GB card and 7 GB is needed for scene). I also have a feeling it is getting slower and slower as you keep using it.

Performance of renders may as well be better, but overall it feels like a step back.

I am finding  the same or similar  in my observations over various renders One particular render  kept falling back to CPU  because of the HDRI I was using and  the HDRI was a hi def dosch hdri ?? In previous builds a quality HDRI  speeded up a render not made the render revert to CPU ???

• paulbungardpaulbungard Posts: 52

characters were mainly what I was talking about denoiser tends to get rid of details on skin textures   

• shaneseymourstudioshaneseymourstudio Posts: 383
    edited May 2019

It would be great if they could find a way to allow tags or ID's to be set on items that could be linked or unlinked from the denoising process. So you could select everything in your scene that you want denoised, assign it to an ID or separate IDs and then plug those in for the denoiser to target leaving the subject or model(s) in the scene not being touched by the denoiser. And while I am being wishfull it would also be fantastic if rendering power was then diverted away from the cleaned up areas (so basically it stops rendering the newly denoised objects) and focuses the rest of the iterations on what was not linked to the denoiser. And in case anyone actually can perform this magic why stop there? Make it so that you can also set individual start iterations for the denoiser. Building structure starts at iter 100, furiture (200), the bookshelf (300)...

Post edited by shaneseymourstudio on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

It would be great if they could find a way to allow tags or ID's to be set on items that could be linked or unlinked from the denoising process. So you could select everything in your scene that you want denoised, assign it to an ID or separate IDs and then plug those in for the denoiser to target leaving the subject or model(s) in the scene not being touched by the denoiser. And while I am being wishfull it would also be fantastic if rendering power was then diverted away from the cleaned up areas (so basically it stops rendering the newly denoised objects) and focuses the rest of the iterations on what was not linked to the denoiser. And in case anyone actually can perform this magic why stop there? Make it so that you can also set individual start iterations for the denoiser. Building structure starts at iter 100, furiture (200), the bookshelf (300)...

I've seen at least one renderer able to divert resources to an area selected, but forget which one it was.

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,897
    edited May 2019

I found a different kind of bug, not related to render engines.
    When saving and reloading a scene in the latest Beta, the Custom UVs in it gets reverted to Default.
    I don't know if it simply doesn't save the value or ignores it on loading.

Post edited by Imago on
  • chorsechorse Posts: 163
    edited May 2019

KeyMate and GraphicMate plugins have dissipeared from the Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.11.0.335.  They don't show-up on the tabs or plugins menu. It's enough to not use this beta.

Post edited by chorse on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,668
    chorse said:

KeyMate and GraphicMate plugins have dissipeared from the Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.11.0.335.  They don't show-up on the tabs or plugins menu. It's enough to not use this beta.

Have you installed them since first installing a beta? Plug-ins go to the application folder, so if you didn't have the Public beta installed DIM wouldn't have known to add them to its application folder. However, not all plug-ins support the betas anyway.

• chorsechorse Posts: 163
    chorse said:

Have you installed them since first installing a beta? Plug-ins go to the application folder, so if you didn't have the Public beta installed DIM wouldn't have known to add them to its application folder. However, not all plug-ins support the betas anyway.

Hi Richard. Thanks for the quick response.  Yes, the plugins have been in every bete version.  They are my essential animation tools.  I checked the Beta program's plugins folder and both KeyMate and GraphMate dll's are there, but they were not showing up in DS "about plugins" or "tabs" folder.

I went ahead and redownloaded both them from my product library; reinstalled them; and they appeared in DS.  I didn't have to re-enter may serial numbers. 

I have no idea why the original plug-ins did not show up.  I'll have to take a closer look at the plugins folder to see if any other lesser used plugins have not installed.

CH

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922

Both keymate & graphmate continued to show up in my 'Installed Plugins' information window but for some reason I had to enter the serial number for keyMate again as it was not activated. It could be I missed it earlier as I did a clean OS install in April and may of missed activating keyMate as it's a pretty long list of serial numbers I have.

• KlaudMKlaudM Posts: 68
    edited May 2019

Hi guys,

I bought two RTX 2080 Ti and I'm having many troubles like crashes, ruined shaders, ptx code etc. but the most important is that Iray switches from GPU to CPU also with a basic G8 figure.
    Every little change to the figure causes the problem, also If I simply do zoom in and out 3-4 times it fall back to CPU.

Currently I'm using CRD 419.67 and before I tried the latest GRD 430.64.

No filters applied and I tried with Optix on and off.

Beta version: 4.11.0.335

Do you have any idea to fix this or when they will release a new stable version with Iray 2018?
    I use DS for work but in this way it's impossible frown

Post edited by KlaudM on
  • Hi guys,

I bought two RTX 2080 Ti and I'm having many troubles like crashes, ruined shaders, ptx code etc. but the most important is that Iray switches from GPU to CPU also with a basic G8 figure.
    Every little change to the figure causes the problem, also If I simply do zoom in and out 3-4 times it fall back to CPU.

Do you have any idea to fix this or when they will release a new stable version with Iray 2018?

I had mine up and running without issue for a week when everything went sideways. What I did that seems to work is uninstall my driver and reinstall driver fresh. Also a reinstall of DAZ may be in order if that does not work. This may not be the root issue for you but for me it resolved it. I have been on GRD 419.67 since.

• KlaudMKlaudM Posts: 68

Hi guys,

I had mine up and running without issue for a week when everything went sideways. What I did that seems to work is uninstall my driver and reinstall driver fresh. Also a reinstall of DAZ may be in order if that does not work. This may not be the root issue for you but for me it resolved it. I have been on GRD 419.67 since.

GRD or CRD?

I just installed the beta version, never used before.

• Hi guys,

GRD or CRD?

I just installed the beta version, never used before.

I am on the GRD 419.67 right now. So I installed latest beta (4.11.0.335) and also I had freshly installed the 419.67 GRD. Then after a week or so everything went bad. Could not even use iRay preview. I started by uninstalling DAZ Beta then reinstalling but that did not fix the issue. Then I uninstalled the Nvidia driver and rebooted. Then re-installed the driver with custom option for fresh install and rebooted after it finished. Then I was able to use iRay in Beta again. I do not think the version, as long as it is 419.67 or newer, is the issue. I simply had to reinstall the driver to get it to work again for some reason.

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,178

This thread has been closed.

A new thread with information relating to the most recent Public Build version of Daz Studio Pro (4.11.0.366 as of this posting) has been posted. Please be sure to read the highlights section in the first post carefully.

-Rob

This discussion has been closed.