[Released] Hair Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

Comments

• Thanks for taking a look.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,361
    Uthgard said:

All right, finally did some testing and here's the log with the "output_debug = true" line added. I tried it with three Connect folders and the script didn't find any hairs to add to the list, and, after each try, I tried to manually add the file, which was accepted without any problems. Also, I have found that other converter scripts have a similar issue with the Connect library, as they won't add any files after the scan if the "Ignore Daz Bought Files" option is checked. Moreover, I have had a few of the converters crash after a few hours scanning my library (I... I may have a teensy tiny problem with hoarding content), and after each time my free disk space has shrunk by a few gigabytes, so, if you could tell me where the script stores things while working so I could clear them up, I would appreciate that. I mean, all those gigabytes could be freely available to store more expensive things I will probably never use...

Edit: The most likely culprit seems to have been pagefile.sys, which had bloated to a hefty 40 GB. Already solved that, but I guess having some kind of measure for users who aren't comfortable fiddling around with system files would be a welcome addition (if, indeed, it was the script that had caused this bloating).

Are you sure this is the DAZ log file?  This looks like the log in the script window.  I should be seeing a LOT more messages.

• I may have messed up on that (I don't think so, but obviously something went awry) so I redid the test. Tried to scan a few directories without finding any hair and loaded one of the supposedly missing hairs by clicking the "add file" option. Here's the (hopefully helpful) log.

On an unrelated note, I can't seem to get neither the G1 nor the V4 converters to run without crashing. The other converters crashed a couple of times while scanning the Connect folder, but these two will just not work at all. I tried to get the log file from my latest G1 attempt, but it crashed the notepad when I tried to open the log, so... Any ideas on something I could try before giving up and just adding the products manually?

txt
    txt
    Hair Converter G3F Log.txt
    Uthgard said:

I may have messed up on that (I don't think so, but obviously something went awry) so I redid the test. Tried to scan a few directories without finding any hair and loaded one of the supposedly missing hairs by clicking the "add file" option. Here's the (hopefully helpful) log.

On an unrelated note, I can't seem to get neither the G1 nor the V4 converters to run without crashing. The other converters crashed a couple of times while scanning the Connect folder, but these two will just not work at all. I tried to get the log file from my latest G1 attempt, but it crashed the notepad when I tried to open the log, so... Any ideas on something I could try before giving up and just adding the products manually?

Ah hah!  That was very helpful.  I am pretty sure I have fixed the problem with detecting if Daz version exists.  Please PM me your email address and I will send the potential fix.

Notepad can't handle such a large log file I guess.  I usually use Notepad++.  When I send you the fix, you can send back the log.

Uthgard said:

I may have messed up on that (I don't think so, but obviously something went awry) so I redid the test. Tried to scan a few directories without finding any hair and loaded one of the supposedly missing hairs by clicking the "add file" option. Here's the (hopefully helpful) log.

@Uthgard, please PM your email address.  I worked over the weekend on the clohting converters to allow limiting the number of items that get added per Add Directory call.  I want to see if this addresses your issue.

• eheiehbruno@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 842
    edited March 2019

Darn, I am sorry, I made a log of a failed G1 conversion (using Notepad++, which, for some reason, I still hadn't made my default txt reader and I just kept right clicking my files to open them with it...) and then completely forgot about sending it to you. I am both grateful and sorry about your busy weekend, so I hope the update solves the issue, sending you a PM now.

Edit: I've been trying to attach the log to this post, but, after the page hiccuping on me a few times, I checked and it is a hefty 100 MB... I am kind of giving up on the log, at the moment.

Post edited by [email protected] on
  • Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

Possibly dumb question: Are there any plans for a Genesis 8 to Genesis 3 hair converter tool?

Possibly dumb question: Are there any plans for a Genesis 8 to Genesis 3 hair converter tool?

Yes, there is.  

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

Yes, there is.  

Awesome. You're doing amazing work. I use your products in literally every scene I create. Thanks for the good news!

Yes, there is.  

Awesome. You're doing amazing work. I use your products in literally every scene I create. Thanks for the good news!

You're welcome!

• Converted G3>G8 Hairs don't appear to play nice with converted G3>G8 characters. For example, I used your respective scripts to convert both the Jolina Hair and the Jolina Character to G8. On the G8 versions the hair does not fit to the head, but floats just above it. The converted hair fits to other G8 characters I tested, including the base G8 figure.

Appreciate any suggestions for a fix.

• Comets said:

Converted G3>G8 Hairs don't appear to play nice with converted G3>G8 characters. For example, I used your respective scripts to convert both the Jolina Hair and the Jolina Character to G8. On the G8 versions the hair does not fit to the head, but floats just above it. The converted hair fits to other G8 characters I tested, including the base G8 figure.

Appreciate any suggestions for a fix.

I don't have Jolina but I have both Sapphire and Georgia.  I tried the converted hair on the converted figure on both and they seem to work.  

I tried the converted Jolina hair (which I do have) with the converted Sapphire character and that works too:

Does your converted jolina hair work with normal G8F characters?

Georgia.jpg
    1901 x 1897 - 441K
    JolinaSapphire.jpg
    1841 x 1870 - 317K
  • Yes, the converted jolina hair fits to other G8 figures, and some other converted G3 figures. I have sapphire hair (but not the sapphire character), converted that, and it also floats above Jolina's head. Weird.

I have also converted Jolina again, because the script was updated. The same result with the hair unfortunately.

• Comets said:

Yes, the converted jolina hair fits to other G8 figures, and some other converted G3 figures. I have sapphire hair (but not the sapphire character), converted that, and it also floats above Jolina's head. Weird.

I have also converted Jolina again, because the script was updated. The same result with the hair unfortunately.

Did you delete all morphs for Jolina before converting again?  That the Sapphire Hair and Jolina Hair work with other original G8 characters as well as converted characters seems to indicate that the problem is with the Jolina character.  What is the scale on the Jolina character?  Is it different than the other characters?  If you set scale to 100% and then apply the converted hair, does it fit?  Does other, non-converted hair, fit to the Jolina character?

• RobertDyRobertDy Posts: 236
    edited January 2020

I bought your product but it doesn't work well when G8F is posed at certain ways, the hair moves weirdly like in the attachment. The hair used is OOT's Emilia Hair. Sometimes the hair goes crazy with blow dials too. Any fixes?

I enabled and disabled autofollow for the various properties, no difference.

converted hair.png
    900 x 424 - 239K
    Post edited by RobertDy on
  • RobertDy said:

I bought your product but it doesn't work well when G8F is posed at certain ways, the hair moves weirdly like in the attachment. The hair used is OOT's Emilia Hair. Sometimes the hair goes crazy with blow dials too. Any fixes?

No,  unfortunately, the script has no control over that.  Sorry.

RobertDy said:

I'm afraid this product is unsatisfactory then. I can do some adjustments for that fringe which falls off, but if the wind and blow morphs won't work properly then the converted hair has no use.

• RobertDy said:

RobertDy said:

I'm afraid this product is unsatisfactory then. I can do some adjustments for that fringe which falls off, but if the wind and blow morphs won't work properly then the converted hair has no use.

Then I suggest you return it.  The converted wind and blow morphs work as well as the originals, as they are the identical if you look at them in the a difference utility (except for path changes).  I have OOT's Georgia Hair and the two (G3F Original and G8F converted) look virtually identical to me.  However, this is a conversion to a new figure.  I am not surprised if there are minute differences because of unseen morphs/JCMs or geometry differences on G8 vs G3.  I cannot control those differences between the two generations.

OOT Georgia Hair.png
    1778 x 1000 - 3M
  • RobertDy said:

The one suggestion I thought of is that you restart Daz Studio and do the problem hairs again.  I have had occasions where something goes wrong in DS that makes it save out morphs weirdly from that point on.  A lot of times, just restarting DS, and then reconverting can clear up problem morphs and items.

RobertDy said:

The one suggestion I thought of is that you restart Daz Studio and do the problem hairs again.  I have had occasions where something goes wrong in DS that makes it save out morphs weirdly from that point on.  A lot of times, just restarting DS, and then reconverting can clear up problem morphs and items.

Yes that works sometimes but unfortunately not for this. The blow dials work perfectly like you showed when the pose is in the zero position, but when the body is moved about that's when the unfixable problems show :( Hopefully you might find a fix for this in the future.

• RobertDy said:
    RobertDy said:

Yes that works sometimes but unfortunately not for this. The blow dials work perfectly like you showed when the pose is in the zero position, but when the body is moved about that's when the unfixable problems show :( Hopefully you might find a fix for this in the future.

Ah, I think I see what you mean.  That has to do with the JCMs being different.  For example, G3F has pJCMCollarUp-50L/R and G8F has pJCMCollarUp-55L/R.  Which JCMs exist and which engage are different between generations. I don't know how to fix that.  It is tedious, but you can always change the JCM values to get what you want.  Sorry I have nothing better to help you with.

RobertDy said:
    RobertDy said:

Ah, I think I see what you mean.  That has to do with the JCMs being different.  For example, G3F has pJCMCollarUp-50L/R and G8F has pJCMCollarUp-55L/R.  Which JCMs exist and which engage are different between generations. I don't know how to fix that.  It is tedious, but you can always change the JCM values to get what you want.  Sorry I have nothing better to help you with.

Well, this is actually a good fix for now. I'll try that, thanks!

• RobertDy said:
    RobertDy said:
    RobertDy said:

Well, this is actually a good fix for now. I'll try that, thanks!

Good luck!

• Finally giving this a run through.  It was successful at about 70 products, but fails on a few.
    Barbaric fails because it's a skalp + a hair.
    Bast fails because it's a skalp + a hair.

CallaCascade had to be loaded in pieces, but for some reason the CallaCascade Tail piece won't go through.
    Deep Hairline should have worked, but doesn't.

Summer wet and Insurgent worked only after Forcing.

I have a log file for them.

•  

CallaCascade had to be loaded in pieces, but for some reason the CallaCascade Tail piece won't go through.
    Deep Hairline should have worked, but doesn't.

If you post the log for these two, I can tell you what happened.

• Doesn't want to attach the log for some reason, so apologies for the big post.

2020-01-23 15:19:18.168 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): peer performed orderly shutdown errno=02020-01-23 15:19:30.416 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSConstants.dsa2020-01-23 15:19:30.427 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSHairConstants.dsa2020-01-23 15:19:30.438 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSBuildPanels.dsa2020-01-23 15:19:30.449 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSHelperFunctions.dse2020-01-23 15:19:30.482 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSAssemblyLineFunctions.dse2020-01-23 15:19:30.503 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSConversionFunctions.dse2020-01-23 15:19:30.519 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSHairConversionFunctions.dse2020-01-23 15:19:35.164 DEBUG: WARNING: Forcing Conversion of Hair Items2020-01-23 15:19:35.168 DEBUG: Executing Script2020-01-23 15:19:35.264 DEBUG: Selecting Preset: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/people/genesis 3 female/hair/arki/calla cascade/callacascade tail.duf2020-01-23 15:19:35.271 DEBUG: START Conversion of D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/people/genesis 3 female/hair/arki/calla cascade/callacascade tail.duf2020-01-23 15:19:35.272 DEBUG: Converting hair from D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/people/genesis 3 female/hair/arki/calla cascade/callacascade tail.duf to D:/DAZ Converted Files/hair from g3f to g8f/arki/calla cascade/callacascade tail.duf2020-01-23 15:19:35.273 DEBUG: Apply Preset D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/people/genesis 3 female/hair/arki/calla cascade/callacascade tail.duf2020-01-23 15:19:35.802 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4679): Could not find node parent.2020-01-23 15:19:35.832 File loaded in 0 min 0.5 sec.2020-01-23 15:19:35.836 Loaded file: callacascade tail.duf2020-01-23 15:19:35.886 DEBUG: Is Generation and Gender of CC Tails G3F Hair correct for Genesis 3 Female? false2020-01-23 15:19:35.886 DEBUG: Generation and Gender of CC Tails G3F Hair: 2020-01-23 15:19:35.886 DEBUG: CC Tails G3F is not a Genesis 3 Female hair item2020-01-23 15:19:35.886 DEBUG: END Conversion of D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/people/genesis 3 female/hair/arki/calla cascade/callacascade tail.duf2020-01-23 15:19:35.892 DEBUG: RemoveExtraSkeletons Genesis 8 Female2020-01-23 15:19:39.654 DEBUG: Execution Complete.2020-01-23 15:20:37.362 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): recv failed errno=100542020-01-23 15:21:09.542 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSConstants.dsa2020-01-23 15:21:09.553 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSHairConstants.dsa2020-01-23 15:21:09.564 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSBuildPanels.dsa2020-01-23 15:21:09.592 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSHelperFunctions.dse2020-01-23 15:21:09.609 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSAssemblyLineFunctions.dse2020-01-23 15:21:09.630 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSConversionFunctions.dse2020-01-23 15:21:09.646 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSHairConversionFunctions.dse2020-01-23 15:21:13.119 DEBUG: WARNING: Forcing Conversion of Hair Items2020-01-23 15:21:13.140 DEBUG: Executing Script2020-01-23 15:21:13.224 DEBUG: Selecting Preset: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/People/Genesis 3 Female/Hair/Deep Hairline/Deep Hairline Style.duf2020-01-23 15:21:13.224 DEBUG: START Conversion of D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/People/Genesis 3 Female/Hair/Deep Hairline/Deep Hairline Style.duf2020-01-23 15:21:13.225 DEBUG: Converting hair from D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/People/Genesis 3 Female/Hair/Deep Hairline/Deep Hairline Style.duf to D:/DAZ Converted Files/hair from g3f to g8f/Deep Hairline/Deep Hairline Style.duf2020-01-23 15:21:13.232 DEBUG: Apply Preset D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/People/Genesis 3 Female/Hair/Deep Hairline/Deep Hairline Style.duf2020-01-23 15:21:13.944 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4679): Could not find node parent.2020-01-23 15:21:14.011 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1770): Failed to follow node.2020-01-23 15:21:14.011 File loaded in 0 min 0.7 sec.2020-01-23 15:21:14.015 Loaded file: Deep Hairline Style.duf2020-01-23 15:21:14.175 Loaded Morph Deltas in 0 min 0.0 sec.2020-01-23 15:21:14.196 Loaded file: SWM_VertsStraysFix.dsf2020-01-23 15:21:14.200 Loaded Morph Deltas in 0 min 0.0 sec.2020-01-23 15:21:14.202 Loaded file: SWM_G3MFixRSideStrayHair.dsf2020-01-23 15:21:14.220 Loaded Morph Deltas in 0 min 0.0 sec.2020-01-23 15:21:14.220 Loaded file: SWM_Fix Back1.dsf2020-01-23 15:21:14.246 DEBUG: Is Generation and Gender of Deep Hairline Style Hair correct for Genesis 3 Female? false2020-01-23 15:21:14.246 DEBUG: Generation and Gender of Deep Hairline Style Hair: /Genesis 3/Male2020-01-23 15:21:14.252 DEBUG: Deep Hairline Style is not a Genesis 3 Female hair item2020-01-23 15:21:14.252 DEBUG: END Conversion of D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/People/Genesis 3 Female/Hair/Deep Hairline/Deep Hairline Style.duf2020-01-23 15:21:14.252 DEBUG: RemoveExtraSkeletons Genesis 8 Female2020-01-23 15:21:18.468 DEBUG: Execution Complete.2020-01-23 15:21:51.068 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSConstants.dsa2020-01-23 15:21:51.080 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSHairConstants.dsa2020-01-23 15:21:51.108 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSBuildPanels.dsa2020-01-23 15:21:51.121 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSHelperFunctions.dse2020-01-23 15:21:51.139 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSAssemblyLineFunctions.dse2020-01-23 15:21:51.161 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSConversionFunctions.dse2020-01-23 15:21:51.177 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSHairConversionFunctions.dse2020-01-23 15:21:55.580 DEBUG: WARNING: Forcing Conversion of Hair Items

• Doesn't want to attach the log for some reason, so apologies for the big post.

2020-01-23 15:19:18.168 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): peer performed orderly shutdown errno=02020-01-23 15:19:30.416 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSConstants.dsa2020-01-23 15:19:30.427 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSHairConstants.dsa2020-01-23 15:19:30.438 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSBuildPanels.dsa2020-01-23 15:19:30.449 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSHelperFunctions.dse2020-01-23 15:19:30.482 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSAssemblyLineFunctions.dse2020-01-23 15:19:30.503 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSConversionFunctions.dse2020-01-23 15:19:30.519 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSHairConversionFunctions.dse2020-01-23 15:19:35.164 DEBUG: WARNING: Forcing Conversion of Hair Items2020-01-23 15:19:35.168 DEBUG: Executing Script2020-01-23 15:19:35.264 DEBUG: Selecting Preset: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/people/genesis 3 female/hair/arki/calla cascade/callacascade tail.duf2020-01-23 15:19:35.271 DEBUG: START Conversion of D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/people/genesis 3 female/hair/arki/calla cascade/callacascade tail.duf2020-01-23 15:19:35.272 DEBUG: Converting hair from D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/people/genesis 3 female/hair/arki/calla cascade/callacascade tail.duf to D:/DAZ Converted Files/hair from g3f to g8f/arki/calla cascade/callacascade tail.duf2020-01-23 15:19:35.273 DEBUG: Apply Preset D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/people/genesis 3 female/hair/arki/calla cascade/callacascade tail.duf2020-01-23 15:19:35.802 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4679): Could not find node parent.2020-01-23 15:19:35.832 File loaded in 0 min 0.5 sec.2020-01-23 15:19:35.836 Loaded file: callacascade tail.duf2020-01-23 15:19:35.886 DEBUG: Is Generation and Gender of CC Tails G3F Hair correct for Genesis 3 Female? false2020-01-23 15:19:35.886 DEBUG: Generation and Gender of CC Tails G3F Hair: 2020-01-23 15:19:35.886 DEBUG: CC Tails G3F is not a Genesis 3 Female hair item2020-01-23 15:19:35.886 DEBUG: END Conversion of D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/people/genesis 3 female/hair/arki/calla cascade/callacascade tail.duf2020-01-23 15:19:35.892 DEBUG: RemoveExtraSkeletons Genesis 8 Female2020-01-23 15:19:39.654 DEBUG: Execution Complete.2020-01-23 15:20:37.362 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): recv failed errno=100542020-01-23 15:21:09.542 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSConstants.dsa2020-01-23 15:21:09.553 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSHairConstants.dsa2020-01-23 15:21:09.564 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSBuildPanels.dsa2020-01-23 15:21:09.592 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSHelperFunctions.dse2020-01-23 15:21:09.609 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSAssemblyLineFunctions.dse2020-01-23 15:21:09.630 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSConversionFunctions.dse2020-01-23 15:21:09.646 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSHairConversionFunctions.dse2020-01-23 15:21:13.119 DEBUG: WARNING: Forcing Conversion of Hair Items2020-01-23 15:21:13.140 DEBUG: Executing Script2020-01-23 15:21:13.224 DEBUG: Selecting Preset: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/People/Genesis 3 Female/Hair/Deep Hairline/Deep Hairline Style.duf2020-01-23 15:21:13.224 DEBUG: START Conversion of D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/People/Genesis 3 Female/Hair/Deep Hairline/Deep Hairline Style.duf2020-01-23 15:21:13.225 DEBUG: Converting hair from D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/People/Genesis 3 Female/Hair/Deep Hairline/Deep Hairline Style.duf to D:/DAZ Converted Files/hair from g3f to g8f/Deep Hairline/Deep Hairline Style.duf2020-01-23 15:21:13.232 DEBUG: Apply Preset D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/People/Genesis 3 Female/Hair/Deep Hairline/Deep Hairline Style.duf2020-01-23 15:21:13.944 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4679): Could not find node parent.2020-01-23 15:21:14.011 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1770): Failed to follow node.2020-01-23 15:21:14.011 File loaded in 0 min 0.7 sec.2020-01-23 15:21:14.015 Loaded file: Deep Hairline Style.duf2020-01-23 15:21:14.175 Loaded Morph Deltas in 0 min 0.0 sec.2020-01-23 15:21:14.196 Loaded file: SWM_VertsStraysFix.dsf2020-01-23 15:21:14.200 Loaded Morph Deltas in 0 min 0.0 sec.2020-01-23 15:21:14.202 Loaded file: SWM_G3MFixRSideStrayHair.dsf2020-01-23 15:21:14.220 Loaded Morph Deltas in 0 min 0.0 sec.2020-01-23 15:21:14.220 Loaded file: SWM_Fix Back1.dsf2020-01-23 15:21:14.246 DEBUG: Is Generation and Gender of Deep Hairline Style Hair correct for Genesis 3 Female? false2020-01-23 15:21:14.246 DEBUG: Generation and Gender of Deep Hairline Style Hair: /Genesis 3/Male2020-01-23 15:21:14.252 DEBUG: Deep Hairline Style is not a Genesis 3 Female hair item2020-01-23 15:21:14.252 DEBUG: END Conversion of D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/People/Genesis 3 Female/Hair/Deep Hairline/Deep Hairline Style.duf2020-01-23 15:21:14.252 DEBUG: RemoveExtraSkeletons Genesis 8 Female2020-01-23 15:21:18.468 DEBUG: Execution Complete.2020-01-23 15:21:51.068 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSConstants.dsa2020-01-23 15:21:51.080 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSHairConstants.dsa2020-01-23 15:21:51.108 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSBuildPanels.dsa2020-01-23 15:21:51.121 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSHelperFunctions.dse2020-01-23 15:21:51.139 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSAssemblyLineFunctions.dse2020-01-23 15:21:51.161 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSConversionFunctions.dse2020-01-23 15:21:51.177 DEBUG: Found: D:/Daz Dim Purchaces/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSHairConversionFunctions.dse2020-01-23 15:21:55.580 DEBUG: WARNING: Forcing Conversion of Hair Items

With both of these, the script is loading the hair, checking out the equivalent of scene identification and it is blank or reported wrong.  The Deep hairline reports as a Genesis 3/Male product, and the calla tails reports as nothing.  The force conversion didn't work?  If not, you could resave these items correctly, and then convert them.

• Hey. I'm trying to use the 8 to 3 converter, https://www.daz3d.com/hair-converter-from-genesis-8-female-to-genesis-3-female, and it won't even load. I'm not really understanding the instructions about putting my hair in an output list. If you mean put it into an output list once the program opens, well, it won't even open for me. If this is something else, could you explain how to do THAT in the product instructions?
    "To use a Hair Converter script is easy. You add Genesis 8 hair preset files to a list, specify the output directory, and then execute the script! That is it. "
    This is the error I'm getting. "2020-10-31 21:14:09.106 Failed to load script: D:/Daz 1st Party Items/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/cloud/1_61155/scripts/riversoft art/hair converter/hair converter g8f to g3f.dse"
    I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling and resetting and all of that jazz.

Please help me. What am I doing wrong?

• WhiskeyjackWhiskeyjack Posts: 51
    edited February 2021

Hi guys, I have a quick question I hope somebody could clear up for me.

I've converted a few hairs, and they're all showing up where they're supposed to and working fine. No problems there. However, when I have a Genesis 8 character selected in a scene, the converted hairs don't show up anywhere in Smart Content when I "Filter By Context" selected.

In the PDF Manual, it says:
    "Your new Genesis 8 hair is completely Smart Content aware! They will show up when you select a Genesis 8 Female or Genesis 8 Male. Plus, all materials shown in Smart Content for your Genesis 3 item will show for your converted Genesis 8 item. "
    Did I misunderstand something here, or should the converted hairs be showing up?

EDIT: After closer inspection, I can see that the converted hairs show up in Smart Content when looking in the "Files" tab! I'm curious is there a way to have them show up in the "Products" tab also?

It's not a big issue by any means, it's just that I use "Products" tab of Smart Content quite a lot and I'm curios if I can get it to show up there too.

Thanks in advance!

Post edited by Whiskeyjack on
  • david_yaconis said:

Hey. I'm trying to use the 8 to 3 converter, https://www.daz3d.com/hair-converter-from-genesis-8-female-to-genesis-3-female, and it won't even load. I'm not really understanding the instructions about putting my hair in an output list. If you mean put it into an output list once the program opens, well, it won't even open for me. If this is something else, could you explain how to do THAT in the product instructions?
    "To use a Hair Converter script is easy. You add Genesis 8 hair preset files to a list, specify the output directory, and then execute the script! That is it. "
    This is the error I'm getting. "2020-10-31 21:14:09.106 Failed to load script: D:/Daz 1st Party Items/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/cloud/1_61155/scripts/riversoft art/hair converter/hair converter g8f to g3f.dse"
    I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling and resetting and all of that jazz.

Please help me. What am I doing wrong?

I apologize.  I just saw this message.  Unfortunately, Daz Connect often does not work well with my products as it creates a complete copy of files for each installation.  My products share some common code (in Data/RiverSoft Art/Common) and Daz Connect will have multiple versions of this folder scattered around.  If one of them gets out of date, DS can have problems.  Make sure all of my products are update to date.  Alternatively, Uninstall the Connect version, got to D:/Daz 1st Party Items/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/data/cloud/1_61155, and delete everything in there.  Then install the product via DIM.