[Released] Hair Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

12467

Comments

  • Does this work really well? I want to use OOT Topmodel Hair with G8, but using autifit breaks the presets in smart content. When you click on the icon they do nothing. Will this product make it so the presets will work using Top Model Hair on G8?

    It works with OOT Top Model..  the presets work fine.

    Thanks @escrandall for letting us know.

  • jukingeojukingeo Posts: 692

    Can this program also do G2 to G8 conversions?  Is there much difference from G2 to G3 hair?

     

  • jukingeo said:

    Can this program also do G2 to G8 conversions?  Is there much difference from G2 to G3 hair?

     

    No, this is specifically for G3F to G8F.

  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,458
    edited December 2018
    Scene09Olympia03KaraHair_Vig01.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 278K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • AllegraAllegra Posts: 405

    Thank you RiverSoft, I found a stack of duplicates of many of your products, seems I must have had a brain fade and installed via DIM and Smart, then to totally mess things added it manually ..working fine now, thanks for a great product and hope a G2 to G8 is on the cards :) 

  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

    So happy right now!  I just got done converting most of my 181 files, I think all but a couple of add ons converted and those were ones I did not expect to go through (things like accessories  for the Calli Hair, which aren't really hair anyway)  Just really grateful that you guys are doing these.

  • Artini said:

    I truly do appreciate you posting these @Artini.  It always helps others to hear how it works, good and bad, from someone who is not trying to sell it to them smiley

  • Allegra said:

    Thank you RiverSoft, I found a stack of duplicates of many of your products, seems I must have had a brain fade and installed via DIM and Smart, then to totally mess things added it manually ..working fine now, thanks for a great product and hope a G2 to G8 is on the cards :) 

    Excellent!  I am glad that fixed everything.

  • So happy right now!  I just got done converting most of my 181 files, I think all but a couple of add ons converted and those were ones I did not expect to go through (things like accessories  for the Calli Hair, which aren't really hair anyway)  Just really grateful that you guys are doing these.

    You're very welcome!

  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,458

    Glad you like my attempts. You and SY make such a nice converters, that I really appreciate all the work done with them.

    Now I have almost finished converting my collection of G3F hairs from Daz.

    Would like to convert hair from Rendo, as well.

     

  • LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 2,116

    I've bought it, I've used it, and I'm satisfied: great work! :D
    I've saved a lot of money buying some G3F quality hair instead of the more expensive G8F ones, and now I'm able to use them on G8! :D

  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,458
    edited December 2018
    Alexandra8sc02pic02BrightSharp.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 363K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Artini said:

    Glad you like my attempts. You and SY make such a nice converters, that I really appreciate all the work done with them.

    Now I have almost finished converting my collection of G3F hairs from Daz.

    Would like to convert hair from Rendo, as well.

    It should convert hair from Rendo.

     

  • kameneko said:

    I've bought it, I've used it, and I'm satisfied: great work! :D
    I've saved a lot of money buying some G3F quality hair instead of the more expensive G8F ones, and now I'm able to use them on G8! :D

    Thanks.  I am glad you like it.

  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,458
    edited December 2018
    Neko05pic02BasicCorrVig.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 193K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Artini said:

    I love Sapphire hair!  I was so happy to get it in G8F with all bones intact!  

    Thanks for sharing.

  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,458
    edited December 2018

    Yes, I can only agree on that. I have not used G3F hair recently until now, because I like to render G8 characters.

    Hair converter has brought back my attention to the converted G3F hair,

    which otherwise would become mostly unused.

     

    Post edited by Artini on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,458
    edited December 2018
    AmyLee03pic01BasCorrVig.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 257K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • AllegraAllegra Posts: 405

    So happy Legacie Hair, bangs and ponytail work a treat, thank you for this extremely useful product :)

    legacyhairconv.jpg
    641 x 807 - 336K
  • Allegra said:

    So happy Legacie Hair, bangs and ponytail work a treat, thank you for this extremely useful product :)

    You're welcome!  Thanks for posting.

  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,755
    edited December 2018

    Even if I don't convert another hair, this has been so worth it using one of my favourite G3F hairs: Olenna Hair.

    Now if and when V4 to G8F appears angel, I can use one of my fav outfits: Kay's Leathers.

     

    Olenna.png
    816 x 893 - 911K
    Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • Even if I don't convert another hair, this has been so worth it using one of my favourite G3F hairs: Olenna Hair.

    Now if and when V4 to G8F appears angel, I can use one of my fav outfits: Kay's Leathers.

     

    I am so happy to hear that!  

  • ADAD Posts: 396

    After initial problems with running the script, I renewed the metadata and now everything is fine. A great tool, I would wish that this tool would be synonymous for Generation 4 and Genesis 2 hair. It's just wonderful! Thank you for this great tool.

  • RiverSoftArtRiverSoftArt Posts: 6,323
    AD said:

    After initial problems with running the script, I renewed the metadata and now everything is fine. A great tool, I would wish that this tool would be synonymous for Generation 4 and Genesis 2 hair. It's just wonderful! Thank you for this great tool.

    You're welcome!  I am glad it is working for you!

  • ADAD Posts: 396

    Here Buzzed hair on Victoria 8, a very helpful tool

    Buzzed_Hair_01.jpg
    917 x 1000 - 475K
  • RiverSoftArtRiverSoftArt Posts: 6,323
    AD said:

    Here Buzzed hair on Victoria 8, a very helpful tool

    Looks really good!

  • ADAD Posts: 396

    I have a question about the converter. For a hair (ZippityDo Hair Genesis 3 Female by Goldtassel) I get the following error message when loading the folder: Where does that come from or how can I turn it off (because I have definitely not converted the hair to the Genesis 8) The hair has been downloaded and reinstalled, but the converter has obviously noticed this file, so this error message will come back too. How can you turn off the memory of the converter? Perhaps you find an answer?

    01.jpg
    1011 x 642 - 78K
    02.jpg
    1380 x 1005 - 315K
    03.jpg
    1455 x 1179 - 334K
  • So far all the hair products I own have transferred nicely, with only one exception, which does not really come as a surprise.  "Peach Fuzz! Facial Vellus Hair" by PA_ThePhilosopher does not convert well with the script, but it is designed more as a "full-body" wardrobe item than as a hair piece.  It does, thankfully, convert without problems using Autofit, so long as you choose "full-body" as the object type.

  • RiverSoftArtRiverSoftArt Posts: 6,323
    AD said:

    I have a question about the converter. For a hair (ZippityDo Hair Genesis 3 Female by Goldtassel) I get the following error message when loading the folder: Where does that come from or how can I turn it off (because I have definitely not converted the hair to the Genesis 8) The hair has been downloaded and reinstalled, but the converter has obviously noticed this file, so this error message will come back too. How can you turn off the memory of the converter? Perhaps you find an answer?

    That comes from the "Ignore..." options.  It doesn't always work correctly.  Turn those options off and it should find any hair files in that directory.

  • RiverSoftArtRiverSoftArt Posts: 6,323

    So far all the hair products I own have transferred nicely, with only one exception, which does not really come as a surprise.  "Peach Fuzz! Facial Vellus Hair" by PA_ThePhilosopher does not convert well with the script, but it is designed more as a "full-body" wardrobe item than as a hair piece.  It does, thankfully, convert without problems using Autofit, so long as you choose "full-body" as the object type.

    Hmm.  I don't have that one.  It should work if you turn smoothing on I would think.

Sign In or Register to comment.