(Commercial) NOW IN STORE - Sickle Rigging And Morphing System

Comments

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    When you have an outfit with multiple parts...shirt, pants, cardigan, skirt with overskirt...I assume each piece needs to be done separately? Also textures are added after conversion?

Also I am not clear on saving the converted piece..everything saves to Libraries/DocumentsMy Daz3D Library/Converted Clothes folder

am I missing where to change this so the parts of each model save to its own folder?

Edit to add: oh yes...installing correctly to the folder where genesis is works wonderfully, all the SRMS files show up :)

Yes, they must be done separately. Textures are unaffected by any of this. You can apply them however they were applied to begin with.

When you do file--save as--support asset--figure/prop asset, a dialogue pops up. In this dialogue you can navigate to any folder. You can also create folders within the dialogue using right-click and new--folder if you are in Windows. So the quickest way to do it on the fly is to navigate to your Converted Clothes folder, then right-click, create a new folder, and give it the name of the outfit. Then save inside that folder.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    When you have an outfit with multiple parts...shirt, pants, cardigan, skirt with overskirt...I assume each piece needs to be done separately? Also textures are added after conversion?

Also I am not clear on saving the converted piece..everything saves to Libraries/DocumentsMy Daz3D Library/Converted Clothes folder

am I missing where to change this so the parts of each model save to its own folder?

Edit to add: oh yes...installing correctly to the folder where genesis is works wonderfully, all the SRMS files show up :)

Yes, they must be done separately. Textures are unaffected by any of this. You can apply them however they were applied to begin with.

When you do file--save as--support asset--figure/prop asset, a dialogue pops up. In this dialogue you can navigate to any folder. You can also create folders within the dialogue using right-click and new--folder if you are in Windows. So the quickest way to do it on the fly is to navigate to your Converted Clothes folder, then right-click, create a new folder, and give it the name of the outfit. Then save inside that folder.

Thank you Sickleyield! I will get this figured out... Everyone has offered lots of great tips in this thread, just read the whole thread over again

edited December 1969

Today's bonus tutorial: Saving Extra Bones in M4/V4 Products. This one's not in the manual because, well, I didn't know the technique yet back then. ;)

Load a Gen 4 or other item.

In Scene Tab, go to edit--rigging--convert figure to weight mapping. Choose TriAx.

Start transfer utility. Choose template--SRMS bodysuit or dress or boots as appropriate.

Uncheck everything but morphs. Add a smoothing modifier. Also choose Clone or Morph V4 on the left dropdown, and check Reverse Source Shape from Target.

Let it run. It will ball up when it's done. This is normal.

Select Genesis and then the item with ctrl+click in Scene Tab. Edit--rigging--transfer rigging (figure space). Now it should be fitted to Genesis properly but still have its extra bones.

Save to library and reload. DO NOT MOVE OR MORPH GENESIS BEFORE YOU DO THIS.

Worked when I tried it on the V4 Sorceress dress, keeping all of its fancy skirt bones (as it turns out the sleeves weren't an issue since they were moved originally with morphs only).

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Today's bonus tutorial: Saving Extra Bones in M4/V4 Products. This one's not in the manual because, well, I didn't know the technique yet back then. ;)

In Scene Tab, go to edit--rigging--convert figure to weight mapping. Choose TriAx.

Start transfer utility. Choose template--SRMS bodysuit or dress or boots as appropriate.

Uncheck everything but morphs. Add a smoothing modifier. Also choose Clone or Morph V4 on the left dropdown, and check Reverse Source Shape from Target.

Select Genesis and then the item with ctrl+click in Scene Tab. Edit--rigging--transfer rigging (figure space). Now it should be fitted to Genesis properly but still have its extra bones.

Worked when I tried it on the V4 Sorceress dress, keeping all of its fancy skirt bones (as it turns out the sleeves weren't an issue since they were moved originally with morphs only).

Thank you ;-)

Delightful to have updated tutorial information as the program evolves.

edited December 1969

Thank you ;-)

You're welcome! It also works on G2F items.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

So would this be the method to use when dealing with something with handles?

edited December 1969

Vaskania said:

It's an option. If they were just regular skirt handles, and you're comfortable with the 4x handles normal to Genesis clothing, it's not necessary. If there were say 10+ handles AND pauldron bones AND sleeve bones, etc., you might want to give it a try.

edited December 1969

Vaskania said:

It's an option. If they were just regular skirt handles, and you're comfortable with the 4x handles normal to Genesis clothing, it's not necessary. If there were say 10+ handles AND pauldron bones AND sleeve bones, etc., you might want to give it a try.
    Ah k, thanks. So I guess I'll be using the Joint Editor view quite a bit (easier than going down the scene tab). lol

• edited December 1969

Thank you ;-)

Okay. I also bought your item for working with G2F for dresses with handles ... haven't tried it yet though but it's there for when I might need it ;-)

You're welcome! It also works on G2F items.

edited December 1969

Was there an additional piece of text that got lost there, Boudicca36? I just see quotes of previous posts.

edited December 1969

Lol.. looks like Patience forgot to switch accounts again. :P

• HogyoHogyo Posts: 59
    edited December 1969

Hi friends
    what about fitting the wardrobe of luke and laura to genesis?
    thanks

edited December 1969

Hogyo said:

Hi friends
    thanks

There are no clones for Luke and Laura that I know of, so any conversion from them would be very poor in quality. Someone talked about making their own clones of them, but I don't know if they finished or released it.

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited October 2013

Hogyo said:

Hi friends
    thanks

There are no clones for Luke and Laura that I know of, so any conversion from them would be very poor in quality. Someone talked about making their own clones of them, but I don't know if they finished or released it.
    I have Laura and Luke clones that work quite adequately but they aren't polished and they aren't iconic shapes. They work well for most of the clothes (all I could check them with) but I don't have that much of clothes to check. CauriB was even more successful in making those clones and even made them look as iconic shapes.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/396703/

Post edited by Kattey on
  • HogyoHogyo Posts: 59
    edited December 1969

Hi SickleYield

so then how can we access to these clones.

edited December 1969

Hogyo said:
    Hi SickleYield

so then how can we access to these clones.

Sounds like you need to ask Kattey. ;) I have nothing to do with yt support. Even if I were interested I would not have time. I'm still trying to find a spare second to update the g2f clone.

edited October 2013

All right, folks. I've produced two additional Genesis 2 Female clone presets for Genesis, which will be submitted to DAZ in an update today as well as an update to the manual. Pics as I get them done. These should basically fix the crotch bulge issue on tight dresses and very tight pants. I include them as additional instead of replacing the first one because the first one still works better on items with more realistic crotch clearances.

I'm saddened that I hear so many complaints on the forum about not being able to backconvert shoes when I included a method in the manual that works almost perfectly. I'm guessing not that many people read the docs, but just put things through Autofit and got predictably bad results.

Post edited by SickleYield on
    edited October 2013

Here's what the update will do. The original clone worked great with the items I had available to try it out on, but not so well on some that were released later, such as the tight dress from the Platinum Club's Evening Gown. Here you can see before and after pics of those items converted with the Genesis 2 Female Skirts and Genesis 2 Female Tight Pants clone options.

The tight pants clone is for pants and underwear, etc. whose mesh is literally flush with the groin, which is a construction decision and has nothing to do with how scanty or sexy an item looks. Fantasy Fighter, for example, works fine with the original clone, whereas the Casual Jeans need the tight one.

The changes to the clone morph that were needed are fairly subtle. I will wait until a good number of clothing items are available for Genesis 2 Male before I release the clone for that figure so that I ensure I have a good base for testing and this sort of update is hopefully not needed.

G2FCloneG15.jpg
    422 x 403 - 127K
    G2FCloneG14.jpg
    477 x 477 - 141K
    G2FCloneG12.jpg
    731 x 726 - 253K
    G2FCloneG9.jpg
    728 x 729 - 252K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,118
    edited December 1969

Does the Paige Dress convert properly with one of the new clones? That was the garment that caused me the most problems.

edited October 2013

barbult said:
    Does the Paige Dress convert properly with one of the new clones? That was the garment that caused me the most problems.

Here it is on base Genesis with the skirts clone and also on V5 Supermodel. I've used the Dress Knee Length template. I need to do an update for SRMS to fix the Supermodel breast morph. Meantime I suggest deleting FBMVictoria5Supermodel from data/daz 3d/Genesis/Base/Tools/Projection Templates/SRMS Dress.

paige2.jpg
    717 x 726 - 272K
    paige1.jpg
    725 x 726 - 302K
  • krickerdkrickerd Posts: 184
    edited December 1969

I'm late to the party but this looks extremely useful. Most of my renders have been with older (gen 3) figures, with some more recent with gen 4. I just purchased Creature Creator HD for Genesis 2 female, so as your product progresses to support this latest generation, it will become more valuable. Might have to pick this up next month. Also it looks like I won't need to buy M4 to use an outfit I recently got. I saw how SRMS fixed the central distortion on a skirt from images you posted. I noticed that same distortion problem when I converted the Evilson cape to Genesis. I bet SRMS would take care of that in the same way.

edited October 2013

krickerd said:
    I'm late to the party but this looks extremely useful. Most of my renders have been with older (gen 3) figures, with some more recent with gen 4. I just purchased Creature Creator HD for Genesis 2 female, so as your product progresses to support this latest generation, it will become more valuable. Might have to pick this up next month. Also it looks like I won't need to buy M4 to use an outfit I recently got. I saw how SRMS fixed the central distortion on a skirt from images you posted. I noticed that same distortion problem when I converted the Evilson cape to Genesis. I bet SRMS would take care of that in the same way.

It will at least help.

SRMS can't be converted to Generation 2 as it stands. The larges issue is that clothing for Generation 2 can't be conformed to other clothing without 1. triggering autofit and 2. annihilating proper morph transfer. The next is that it appears impossible to create templates that contain morphs for Generation 2 (the morphs simply will not transfer). These two technological factors are pretty much entirely what SRMS depends on. So there will be no conversion; at best there will at some point be a new system done differently.

edited December 1969

The update that adds the skirt and tight pants clones to the Genesis 2 Female Clone for Genesis is live! Redownload it to get new features, everyone!

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the update :) By the the by, would a similar solution for G2F mean that the clone needs to be adjusted as well or is this possible via e.g. templates?

• KimberSueKimberSue Posts: 353
    edited December 1969

The update that adds the skirt and tight pants clones to the Genesis 2 Female Clone for Genesis is live! Redownload it to get new features, everyone!

Is there a sickle rigging for Genesis Female 2 now?

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited November 2013

KimberSue said:

Is there a sickle rigging for Genesis Female 2 now?

There is a dress rig for G2F made by SickleYield. Is that what you are looking for? It can basically be used with e.g Autofit and Transfer Utility to add handles to transformed and created clothing.

http://www.daz3d.com/sickle-dress-rig-genesis-2-female

Post edited by Renpatsu on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Was there an additional piece of text that got lost there, Boudicca36? I just see quotes of previous posts.

Lol.. looks like Patience forgot to switch accounts again. :P

who me? forget who I am? [jk] and so seldom do I check that email box ... i suspect I had started to post and then thought I had backed out of it and nothing should have posted so I would have thought. Have no idea what the text would have been atm though.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

krickerd said:

It will at least help.

SRMS can't be converted to Generation 2 as it stands. The larges issue is that clothing for Generation 2 can't be conformed to other clothing without 1. triggering autofit and 2. annihilating proper morph transfer. The next is that it appears impossible to create templates that contain morphs for Generation 2 (the morphs simply will not transfer). These two technological factors are pretty much entirely what SRMS depends on. So there will be no conversion; at best there will at some point be a new system done differently.

SRMS will convert for Genesis but cannot convert clothing to G2F. You created the dress rig for G2F. Does that convert only dresses or will it convert other clothing items for the G2F. I have the Genesis to G2F clone.

edited December 1969

icprncss said:
    krickerd said:

It will at least help.

SRMS will convert for Genesis but cannot convert clothing to G2F. You created the dress rig for G2F. Does that convert only dresses or will it convert other clothing items for the G2F. I have the Genesis to G2F clone.

Only if they are dresslike enough to need handles - tunics and long shirts, etc. it won't be helpful on tight items with legs. Of course, tight items with legs pretty much convert well with nothing but autofit and the clone.

• kqbjnp66vk@snkmail.com[email protected] Posts: 24
    edited December 1969

It looks like I'm having the same issue as Strixowl was back on page 15 or so... I couldn't find where he got the issue resolved, however.

SRMS (for Gen1) was actually working for me a few days ago, then I found that I could no longer select a projection template on the transfer utility yesterday. I even went back and re-did the same exact item that worked before and it still didn't work:

1) Load skirt item
    2) Load Genesis
    3) Convert skirt item to Triax weight mapping
    4) start transfer utility
    5) Select Genesis on the left
    6) Select Skirt on the right
    7) On Item Shape on the left (under Genesis) Select Morph/Victoria 4 or Clone/Victoria 4 (I tried both)

Projection Template pulldown is still greyed out.

I tried uninstalling from DIM and reinstalling, then I downloaded the zip files and tried manually installing, but I'm seeing the same issue. Again, all of this worked last week just fine and the only thing that's changed with DAZ is installing other items with DIM.

Are there any known incompatibilities?