Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

Comments

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

Is the "View these artists together" a Daz Deals add-on feature, that is on the Sale page?  That link is giving me:

https://www.daz3d.com/shop/#filter_vendor=Andrey%20Pestryakov^Neftis3D^Zeddicuss^iSourceTextures^SF-Design^PrefoX^Sprite&filter_vendor=Sprite&filtered=1

which does nothing...(you can see filter_vendor in there twice)...but I repaired it below.

https://www.daz3d.com/shop/#index=0&filter_vendor=Andrey%20Pestryakov^Neftis3D^Zeddicuss^iSourceTextures^SF-Design^PrefoX^Sprite&filtered=1

• I've been using the addon for a while now, but I noticed an issue just recently that I can't find an answer for.

I have been looking at the Army Uniform price and noticed that according to Daz Deals it had dropped to $10.48 so I scrapped together what little money I had, reactivated my PC+ membership and went to add this to my cart. Only, when I looked it didn't say $10.48, it still said $17.47. I figured that it just had to refresh and would update the price. But for two days, there was no change, and then today it shows the price as being back at $17.47. Can anyone explain to me what happened here?

pricequestion.jpg
    635 x 336 - 30K
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,078

I've been using the addon for a while now, but I noticed an issue just recently that I can't find an answer for.

I have been looking at the Army Uniform price and noticed that according to Daz Deals it had dropped to $10.48 so I scrapped together what little money I had, reactivated my PC+ membership and went to add this to my cart. Only, when I looked it didn't say $10.48, it still said $17.47. I figured that it just had to refresh and would update the price. But for two days, there was no change, and then today it shows the price as being back at $17.47. Can anyone explain to me what happened here?

The price chart is showing the lowest price for the day, not the current price. A product may change prices multiple times throughout the day.

• Ati said:

I've been using the addon for a while now, but I noticed an issue just recently that I can't find an answer for.

The price chart is showing the lowest price for the day, not the current price. A product may change prices multiple times throughout the day.

I watched obsessivly for the entire time that DD showed that to be the lowest recorded price, and never ONCE saw it for that price, never saw it for anything other then the normal $17.47.
    I also never got an email notice about it, desipte the fact that I get emails about other items.

• OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 561
    Ati said:

I watched obsessivly for the entire time that DD showed that to be the lowest recorded price, and never ONCE saw it for that price, never saw it for anything other then the normal $17.47.
    I also never got an email notice about it, desipte the fact that I get emails about other items.

The Army Uniform product(s) you mentioned are back down to $10.48, fwiw.

3dOutlaw said:

Is the "View these artists together" a Daz Deals add-on feature, that is on the Sale page?  That link is giving me:

https://www.daz3d.com/shop/#filter_vendor=Andrey%20Pestryakov^Neftis3D^Zeddicuss^iSourceTextures^SF-Design^PrefoX^Sprite&filter_vendor=Sprite&filtered=1

which does nothing...(you can see filter_vendor in there twice)...but I repaired it below.

https://www.daz3d.com/shop/#index=0&filter_vendor=Andrey%20Pestryakov^Neftis3D^Zeddicuss^iSourceTextures^SF-Design^PrefoX^Sprite&filtered=1

Thanks! I've seen this too. I'll try and sort out why it happens occasionally. Cheers!

• ZaiZai Posts: 289

Not sure if this is the right thread but is there any known issue with the browser add on for Mac Chrome? In the last couple of weeks, I've had to turn it off because it locks up my browser for up to 90 sec on every page when it loads. It eventually lets go, but it stops me from scrolling and makes surfing Daz really difficult. I tested it and its definitely the add on script. Hopefully there's a fix because I find I can't live without it now!

Zai said:

Not sure if this is the right thread but is there any known issue with the browser add on for Mac Chrome? In the last couple of weeks, I've had to turn it off because it locks up my browser for up to 90 sec on every page when it loads. It eventually lets go, but it stops me from scrolling and makes surfing Daz really difficult. I tested it and its definitely the add on script. Hopefully there's a fix because I find I can't live without it now!

Oof. Sorry about that! Does it start doing that immediately on the first Day page you load? Or does it get worse over time/more pages?

@Zai thanks for that bug report! I've sorted it out (and fixed the "View These Artists Together" link!) and just released v2.4.1 to the Firefox and Chrome stores!

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/daz-deals/
    Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/daz-deals/nagnffdgedlcmlibjhmalgcaekfgiehc

The Chrome store may sitll show v2.4.0 for a bit as they've implemented a 60 minute (or less) delay on publishing now. Firefox is now the faster extension to update. :-P

Also, Opera users, we've not forgotten you! Opera's extension moderation system, however, is blocking us from uploading there (because we used PNG files in our tutorial/help docs?!) and we're awaiting their support teams response.

Lastly, Edge folks...I'm afraid we'll all just have to wait on Edge's move to a "chromium core" as they've never responded to our extension publication request...and now seem highly unlikely to until they've gotten their browser rebuilt...

Improvements in v2.4.1:

• Fixed "View These Artists Together" link on promo pages
    • Fixed Wishlist Update code to run at correct times (which means it should run faster!)

Enjoy!

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,084

sad

Dana

DanaTA said:

sad

Dana

Was that aboutEdge? The good news here is that one they've sweetheartEdge to Chromium there's some chance they'll doa better job with extensions. I certainly hope they do...

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,084

Yes.  I'm surprised about the switch.  I hope it doesn't bog it down.  We shall see.  I was thinking that the extension might be easier on you once they do switch, the code may be quite similar and easy to implement, since you already have the Chrome version.

Dana

DanaTA said:

Yes.  I'm surprised about the switch.  I hope it doesn't bog it down.  We shall see.  I was thinking that the extension might be easier on you once they do switch, the code may be quite similar and easy to implement, since you already have the Chrome version.

Dana

Yeah. It took pretty much everyone by surprise... I'm not thrilled about it, but it does have some upsides... eventually...maybe. :)

Server upgrade tomorrow

To speed many aspects of the addon up, we will be adding a new backend server to our server farms tomorrow. The server is all set, but the current database needs to be migrated over, which will cause a bit of a downtime--hence this notice. I will try to make the downtime as short as possible, but it might be a couple of hours. Planned start time is around 1100 UTC.

This only affects our notification servers, not the Daz site. We have nothing to do with the Daz servers! :)

With more resources available, I have also reworked all of the notification scripts.

What will happen as a result of the upgrade: faster pricecharts, faster wishlist syncs, faster and more accurate notifications.

What could happen as a side-effect: because every part of the notification system has been rewritten, there might be small issues in the first couple of days. Please bear with us as we iron these out.

What you need to do: nothing. Everything will function as before, only faster. You won't be able to sync your wishlist during the upgrade, pricecharts will not be displayed, and any notifications that are supposed to happen during that time will be delayed.

Once again: this only affects our notification servers. Daz servers will continue to function as always. Well, we hope--we can't know for sure, since we have nothing to do with those. :)

Also, to be clear, most of the extensions functions should not be effected by this move, so we're hopeful most folks win won't even notice. :) But we prefer to keep you informed regardless. :)
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,118

What does "Show filter for required items and addons" do? I just noticed it in the options list.

edited April 2019
    barbult said:

What does "Show filter for required items and addons" do? I just noticed it in the options list.

Once enabled, you'll see a "show add-ons" and "show required products" checkboxes on catalog listing posted. One will show you what add-ons are available for your owned products (i.e. characters based on Nix or whoever). The other will show you products you have add-ons for, but for which you don't yet own (i.e. outfits for all those freebie texture sets). :)

Post edited by Overdrawn on
    Overdrawn said:
    barbult said:

Once enabled, you'll see a "show add-ons" and "show required products" checkboxes on catalog listing posted. One will show you what add-ons are available for your owned products (i.e. characters based on Nix or whoever). The other will show you products you have add-ons for, but for which you don't yet own (i.e. outfits for all those freebie texture sets). :)

Thanks, that sounds great.

barbult said:

It shows filters for required and addon items. :)

In a bit more detail: it adds two more checkboxes beside the "wishlist only, owned only" checkboxes. The "required" filter shows you the items that you have addons for, but don't have the required base item. "Addon" filters the list to show you the addons for the items you currently own.

The use of this feature requires you to sync the wishlist/owned items to us, since these two lists are populated on our server.

Here are a few things that don't seem to work as I expected. I am using Chrome Version 74.0.3729.108 (Official Build) (64-bit) and Daz Deals 2.4.1.

• On the Wishlist page the, clicking the PlatClub Coupon or Save6 PA Coupon button causes a CLEAR ALL button to be displayed, but clicking the Hide PC+ items button does not display a CLEAR ALL button. How do I clear the filter that hides PC+ items so I see everything again?
    • The CLEAR ALL button on the Wishlist page doesn't clear the filters in the URL in the address bar. Why? Refreshing the page causes the old (supposedly cleared) filters to be used again. This is what I did to get into this situation:
    1. I opened my Wishlist from the drop down menu that is displayed when I click on the blue man.
    2. The Chrome address bar URL went to https://www.daz3d.com/wishlist
    3. I clicked the PlatClub Coupon button
    4. The URL in the address bar changed to https://www.daz3d.com/wishlist#filter_platClub=0&filter_vendor=Daz%20Originals&order=price^-1&filtered=1 and a CLEAR ALL button appeared.
    5. I clicked CLEAR ALL button
    6. The address bar URL is still https://www.daz3d.com/wishlist#filter_platClub=0&filter_vendor=Daz%20Originals&order=price^-1&filtered=1
    7. I refreshed the page, and the old PlatClub Coupon filter is used again, even though I had supposedly cleared it with CLEAR ALL.
    • When I open the Wishlist page, it defaults to being sorted by NEW ARRIVALS. When I click the PlatClub Coupon or Save6 PA Coupon button, the sort order is changed to lowest price first, but the Sort By drop down box still says NEW ARRIVALS. This inconsistency is confusing. Why do you force a sort order change when the coupon button is clicked, and if that is necessary, why is the Sort By drop down box not changed to be consistent? Personally, I would prefer that my chosen sort order not be changed, just because I chose to filter out some items from view.

barbult said:

Here are a few things that don't seem to work as I expected. I am using Chrome Version 74.0.3729.108 (Official Build) (64-bit) and Daz Deals 2.4.1.

• On the Wishlist page the, clicking the PlatClub Coupon or Save6 PA Coupon button causes a CLEAR ALL button to be displayed, but clicking the Hide PC+ items button does not display a CLEAR ALL button. How do I clear the filter that hides PC+ items so I see everything again?
    • The CLEAR ALL button on the Wishlist page doesn't clear the filters in the URL in the address bar. Why? Refreshing the page causes the old (supposedly cleared) filters to be used again. This is what I did to get into this situation:
    1. I opened my Wishlist from the drop down menu that is displayed when I click on the blue man.
    4. The URL in the address bar changed to https://www.daz3d.com/wishlist#filter_platClub=0&filter_vendor=Daz%20Originals&order=price^-1&filtered=1 and a CLEAR ALL button appeared.
    6. The address bar URL is still https://www.daz3d.com/wishlist#filter_platClub=0&filter_vendor=Daz%20Originals&order=price^-1&filtered=1
    7. I refreshed the page, and the old PlatClub Coupon filter is used again, even though I had supposedly cleared it with CLEAR ALL.
    • When I open the Wishlist page, it defaults to being sorted by NEW ARRIVALS. When I click the PlatClub Coupon or Save6 PA Coupon button, the sort order is changed to lowest price first, but the Sort By drop down box still says NEW ARRIVALS. This inconsistency is confusing. Why do you force a sort order change when the coupon button is clicked, and if that is necessary, why is the Sort By drop down box not changed to be consistent? Personally, I would prefer that my chosen sort order not be changed, just because I chose to filter out some items from view.

Currently, it's a mix of our bugs and a mix of Daz's site's bugs. The URL filtering doesn't always properly change what's going on in the page, not all filters in the page actually have URL-level filters (yet), and the "Clear All" system doesn't (as you found) currently use the URL filters at all...but really should.

So, changes we can make here are:

• remove price sorting in coupon links - I'd done that year+ ago because I personally shop by price given that both coupons are more valuable if you buy within their price brackets. But clearly, not everyone does. :) Others have mentioned this too, so its time to address it.
    • make the "clear all" button show consistently
    • make all filters (and their removal) have their state reflected in the address bar/URL (if possible) - this one's tricky because Daz controls most of these filters...so we have to tred carefully

Those changes should address what you're facing afaict.

Thanks again for the bug report!

Overdrawn said:
    barbult said:

Currently, it's a mix of our bugs and a mix of Daz's site's bugs. The URL filtering doesn't always properly change what's going on in the page, not all filters in the page actually have URL-level filters (yet), and the "Clear All" system doesn't (as you found) currently use the URL filters at all...but really should.

So, changes we can make here are:

• remove price sorting in coupon links - I'd done that year+ ago because I personally shop by price given that both coupons are more valuable if you buy within their price brackets. But clearly, not everyone does. :) Others have mentioned this too, so its time to address it.
    • make the "clear all" button show consistently
    • make all filters (and their removal) have their state reflected in the address bar/URL (if possible) - this one's tricky because Daz controls most of these filters...so we have to tred carefully

Those changes should address what you're facing afaict.

Thanks again for the bug report!

Thanks for the fast response to my query! You two are awesome! My comments were about the Wishlist page, but I think the main store page works the same way. I look forward to future updates. Thanks.

Also, make sure you close any purple/orange/green banner you have up at the top. Having it remain there causes the site to lose quite a lot of its original functionality. (And I'm not talking about just the addon features, but the core shop features.)

Ati said:

Also, make sure you close any purple/orange/green banner you have up at the top. Having it remain there causes the site to lose quite a lot of its original functionality. (And I'm not talking about just the addon features, but the core shop features.)

Really? Other than the "janky" page resize issues when it loads, I've not noticed any other issues (neither on the site nor the add-on features) from them being open. But clearly I've missed some "fun." :)

Overdrawn said:
    Ati said:

Really? Other than the "janky" page resize issues when it loads, I've not noticed any other issues (neither on the site nor the add-on features) from them being open. But clearly I've missed some "fun." :)

Coupon filters won't work then (or any other page-reload-related feature), the site search itself won't work, and I think there was one other feature of the store that doesn't work when that's active, but I can't recall what it was.

Ati said:
    Overdrawn said:
    Ati said:

Coupon filters won't work then (or any other page-reload-related feature), the site search itself won't work, and I think there was one other feature of the store that doesn't work when that's active, but I can't recall what it was.

Huh... I'll have to test that more when another one arrives. I've noticed these things break occasionally, but it's seemed erratic...but maybe that's the cause! :) Worth watching for.

I've signed up and have a passcode. Do I have to enter my email address and passcode on every device and browser I use? If so, I won't get duplicate emails, will I?

• ZaiZai Posts: 289

Thanks, Overdrawn and Ati! Just downloaded and installed to both my browsers. I hadn't put it in FF but now I have. I often use both browsers due to work and when I would go from one that had it to the other I was always annoyed that I was too lazy to install it in FF because I like it so much. 

So far its working flawlessly in both browsers and smooth as silk. 

Y'all are rockstars! Thanks so much :)

barbult said:

I've signed up and have a passcode. Do I have to enter my email address and passcode on every device and browser I use? If so, I won't get duplicate emails, will I?

You need to put in your data in each browser you use. If you use the same email address in each browser, then you will only get one set of emails.

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395

well.. for me (i think it's been a few days), the addon is totally dead. like, i still have it in my firefox addons, activated, but when i'm on the daz site it's like i don't even have it at all, 100% broken. not even the little icon in the user pulldown appears. no boxes for filtering, no price diagram on the item pages - no nothing. i've tried deleting the cache, my cookies etc, not helping...

(btw, i'm still using a pre- 57 version of firefox, cuz since 57 many plugins i use don't work/exist any more).

now, i hope this is just related to your recent maintenance work and the server as mentioned a few posts above, and everything will be back as usual soon.. cuz without your addon, browsing on the daz site will be hell  crying

This discussion has been closed.