2nd of nine lives Cat Girrrl render thread prrr

Comments

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,580

I'm not familiar with the "HyperTail".

But if you want to try Little Dragon's "EasyPose" rigged figure, you can grab it here...

http://littledragon.francemi.net/misc_01.htm

Sincerely,

Bill

edited August 2018

My ongoing challenge to make the digital version of K'tharr Rauthimas (a personal creation) ever closer to my conventionally illustrated version, as seen in this post...

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1750981/#Comment_1750981

The latest refinement, a "smart" prop based "pectoral ruff".  When I first doodled the character in March 1985, I gave her a "ruff" that would (in theory) sidestep issues surrounding an "unclothed" character.  I had made several attempts over the last ocuple of years, but none of my experiments looked right.  Then, a bit over a month ago, I hiy upon a solution that worked for another cat-girl concept, Mzzkiti of "Freighter Tails" which also used Melody as the base figure.  I saved the mesh after I had "parented" it to the figure which turned it into a "smart" prop.  That meant that after I had selected a figure that had a "chest" body group and then load the ruff prop, it would automatically attach itself to the selected figure.  As both were "Melody", it popped right into proper position.  I didn't even have to use the "morph brush" to eliminate any "clipping" (poke through) with the jacket!

No doubt I can still find details I can tweak, but the ruff, or lack thereof, was the last major distinguishing difference between the polygonal and drawn versions.

Sincerely,

Bill

Kth-Fog-J-5.jpg
    750 x 1500 - 97K
    Post edited by Redfern on
    edited April 2019

When I presented this render upon a private forum, one of the members was disturbed by the narrow waist.  Though the same design in graphite didn't seem to bother this person, but when depicted in polygons, it seemed to trip a rather sensitive sense of the "uncanny valley".

Another member decided to have a bit of fun and "PhotoShopped" the render to depict her holding a sandwich (playing upon a once popular meme involving "Krystal" from the "StarFox" videogame series.  I found it both funny and rather skillfully done, so I thought I'd share his efforts here.

Sincerely,

Bill

Kth-Sandwich-J-1.jpg
    498 x 500 - 24K
  • vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297

It's criminal that Micah and Melody never got "ported" to a new figure base.

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384
    edited April 2019

It is very strange how some people's minds work at times, Bill. The issue you mention over the waist being fine in 2D, but disturbing in 3D for someone puts me in mind of the minor furor over the character's eyes in the recent Alita movie. To me, if its an anthropomorphic cat, or an anthropomorphic robot, one shouldn't expect it to look entirely human, or have entirely human attributes. What would be the point of that? Or perhaps that's too logical, I don't know.

Your cat looks great. A lot of time and care comes through in the execution.

Post edited by SixDs on
    SixDs said:

It is very strange how some people's minds work at times....

Your cat looks great. A lot of time and care comes through in the execution.

Funny enough, what bothered this person even more was my character's lack of lower garments.  But she's openly admitted she does not believe in the "Donald Duck principle" and feels even Porky Pig should wear pants.  Oy...

K'th (short for K'tharr Rauthimas) and Mzzkiti are my "passion projects" and I continually try to tweak and improve them.  I sometimes wonder if the meshes could be imported to Blender and then have the "fur" parameters used for that popular Judy Hopps model applied to them.  Alas, I don't know "squat" about that very powerful but utterly perplexing suite.

Sincerely,

Bill

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    vrba79 said:

That's something that I'd definitely make my bank card cry for. I think I have almost all the original A3/H3-based critter expansions when they came out at RDNA, and I've been able to do a lot with them, but the Generation 3 base figures just aren't as flexible as e.g. Genesis 8.

edited April 2019
    vrba79 said:

That's something that I'd definitely make my bank card cry for. I think I have almost all the original A3/H3-based critter expansions when they came out at RDNA, and I've been able to do a lot with them, but the Generation 3 base figures just aren't as flexible as e.g. Genesis 8.

Given my luck only Melody would get ported over. Daz3D PA's seem to hate the male figures with a passion. Hence why I mainly just stick to Genesis 1. 

Post edited by vrba79 on

A couple of anime/manga themed cosplay pics featuring my old webcomic lead, Mzzkiti, using the "Melody for A3" figure.

Because I try to depict her as petite in the pectoral region, some friends teased that she must have stuffed her bra.  So I rendered a follow-up in which Mzzkiti breaks the fourth wall to say, "I'f I'm gonna' stuff my bra, I'm not gonna' be half a$$ed about it!"

Sincerely,

Bill

edited April 2019

Okay, I'm not sure I can adequately explain this scene...other than it was a challenge made by some friends to try combining some very random elements into some semblence of a cohesive whole.

By the way, yes, those are the talons of a giant chicken, Splinter from the Nickelodeon CG cartoon is attacking it, and George Pal's version of the "Time Machine" rests overturned in the background.

Sincerely,

Bill

Tombs--n-Chickens-J-2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 90K
  • SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Now that's what I like! A render that tells a story. I'm not entirely sure what that story is, but a story nonetheless. cheeky

SixDs said:

I'm not entirely sure what that story is, but a story nonetheless. cheeky

Yeah, my friends challenged me to stage a truly "WTF?!" type, so it appears i achieved that goal.

My tentative caption has mzzkiti (the "blond" catgirl) noting, "Look, I'm no expert on time travel, but I totally fail to see how our creation of a cat goddess cult would result in giant chickens!  By the way, who's our samurai savior?!"

Sincerely,

Bill

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Redfern said:

Okay, I'm not sure I can adequately explain this scene...other than it was a challenge made by some friends to try combining some very random elements into some semblence of a cohesive whole.

By the way, yes, those are the talons of a giant chicken, Splinter from the Nickelodeon CG cartoon is attacking it, and George Pal's version of the "Time Machine" rests overturned in the background.

Sincerely,

Bill

aikopatra smiley

edited April 2019

I definitely approve of this thread. Cause, those are some pretty kitties. X3

Post edited by vrba79 on
    Mystarra said:
    Redfern said:

Sincerely,

Bill

aikopatra smiley

The loincloth textures for the Zenia set, anyway.  The pectoral collars, headdresses and anklets are from the vintage "Anton's Egyptians".  The bracelets and upper arm bands are from the "Delta Sun" collection.

Sincerely,

Bill

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    Redfern said:

Sincerely,

Bill

Some of the best renders come from that kind of a challenge.

edited April 2019

A bit more of an "in universe" setting and situation for Lt. Mzzkiti, the lead character from my "so comatose it might as well be 'dead'" web-comic, "Freighter Tails".  Here she is, standing her ground dramatically upon an alien, barren landscape as she fires her weapon at a threat as yet out of view.  Meh...more likely, her tail twtched nervously against her leg and she simply fired without thinking!  Somewhere, maybe a few dozen yards away, a rock formation that took millions of years to erode into a dazzlingly unique shape has just been blasted into sand and a few pebbles.  Great going "Annie Oakley"!

Sincerely,

Bill

Mzzkiti-Terrain-J-1.jpg
    800 x 800 - 100K
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    Redfern said:

A bit more of an "in universe" setting and situation for Lt. Mzzkiti, the lead character from my "so comatose it might as well be 'dead'" web-comic, "Freighter Tails".  Here she is, standing her ground dramatically upon an alien, barren landscape as she fires her weapon at a threat as yet out of view.

I like it!

That environment looks a bit familar — it isn't Vasquez Rocks (again), is it?

Nah, not the free "Gorn Rock" mesh that's available at Deviant Art, but a set of random rocky shapes by Poisen (sp?) at Rendo'.  If anything the two I selected look a bit more like the Trona Pinnacles famous for their appearance during the Jupiter 2 crash sequence in "Lost in Space".  The deeper background is an environment sphere by Coflek-Gnorg, again, an item at Renderosity.

Sincerely,

Bill

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited April 2019

@Redfern Thank you for the link to this thread! I finally got around to trying to make a cute Cat-Girl type character for G8F. I managed to get Cleo the Cheetah Girl for for G8F when it was on sale and did some dial spinning with some "Toon" morphs and ended up with a somewhat cute cat-girl, I think. lol

I'm a bit disappointed with Cleo though as she doesn't seem to come with a tail, despite there being a tail in several of the promos. I managed to get the above tail from another character and copy and pasted Cleo's torso maps onto the tail. The maps didn't line up perfectly and so I had to pose it so that half the tail is hidden. It was a pain in the bottom and I wish the Cleo character came with a tail. So I don't know how much use I'll get out of the character as I prefer having a tail.

I still think that Melody for A3 is my favorite so far:

She's super cute! Sadly, though, I have next to no content for Aiko 3. I think I have like 4 outfits and maybe 2 or 3 hairs for her. So I wouldn't be able to do much with her. 

I do, however, have a TON of stuff for Victoria 4, so I'm going to give Melody 2.0 for Victoria 4 a try. I was recently able to score Melody 2.0 and Two of her texture add-ons for $7.49 total. 

I've been a bit busy and Daz Studio is a bit tied up with work-related stuff, but when I get more free time and Daz Studio gets freed up I'm looking forward to trying out Melody 2.0! :D

G8F - Cheetah Toon Girl 1.png
    554 x 720 - 250K
    Post edited by 3Diva on

Diva, if you're a bit relunctant to monetarily invest in an extensive wardrobe for Aiko 3 (which can be applied to Melody), then why not try some free items, like those offered at ShareCG?

This a link to a moderately 'focused"listing.  Yeah, a lot of the items retrieved are just textures, but there are some actual conforming items.

http://www.sharecg.com/b/11/Poser/?keywords=a3&fsf=f&s=dd&member_type[All]=on&attribute[2449][-1]=1&attribute[2577][-1]=1&attribute[2439][2447]=1&tdm=a

Idelacio (aka Oshikai) also offers some neat A3 clothes, including what is arguably the most faithful recreation of the the micro/mini dress uniform from the original Star Trek series.  I would provide a link to the freebies page directly, but there are images of nipple piercings which I suspect this site will penalize me for directly linking.  So, once you reach the main page via this link, click upon the gallery and then click upon the freebies sub-folder.

https://www.deviantart.com/idelacio

And here's a link to Aiko 3 freebie clothing by Evil Innocence.

https://www.evilinnocence.com/shop/free-stuff/clothing/aiko-3.html

This should help you a bit before you wish to spend additional money.

Sincerely,

Bill

edited April 2019
    Redfern said:

Diva, if you're a bit relunctant to monetarily invest in an extensive wardrobe for Aiko 3 (which can be applied to Melody), then why not try some free items, like those offered at ShareCG?

This a link to a moderately 'focused"listing.  Yeah, a lot of the items retrieved are just textures, but there are some actual conforming items.

http://www.sharecg.com/b/11/Poser/?keywords=a3&fsf=f&s=dd&member_type[All]=on&attribute[2449][-1]=1&attribute[2577][-1]=1&attribute[2439][2447]=1&tdm=a

Idelacio (aka Oshikai) also offers some neat A3 clothes, including what is arguably the most faithful recreation of the the micro/mini dress uniform from the original Star Trek series.  I would provide a link to the freebies page directly, but there are images of nipple piercings which I suspect this site will penalize me for directly linking.  So, once you reach the main page via this link, click upon the gallery and then click upon the freebies sub-folder.

https://www.deviantart.com/idelacio

And here's a link to Aiko 3 freebie clothing by Evil Innocence.

https://www.evilinnocence.com/shop/free-stuff/clothing/aiko-3.html

This should help you a bit before you wish to spend additional money.

Sincerely,

Bill

Awesome! Thank you for the links, Bill! :) I know a lot of them are listed as "all rights reserved" and "non-commerical use only" but I think if I do some digging I should be able to find some that I can use. :) I knew that V4 had quite a few freebies but it's great to see that A3 has quite a few too. 

I also found this: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/636/links-aiko3-free-resources/p1

But the thread is 7 years old so I suspect most of the links will probably be dead, but it will be worth the digging if I can find a few gems! :D

Thank you, Bill! :)

BTW, I noticed there are a few cute V3 freebies - do you know if A3 is compatible with V3 stuff?

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,159

@Redfern and @Divemakeup I'm loving the images you are posting smiley 

Cat Girl Joy Kinsey from my webcomic Mysterious Missouri.

Joy Kinsey.png
    486 x 1263 - 507K

do you know if A3 is compatible with V3 stuff?

Alas, they are not.  Being pre Genesis and stand-alone figures of very different base proportions, clothes modeled and rigged for one can not fit the other.  Gowever, all of the Millenium 3 figures do sharing the same mapping layout, so body textures for one can be applied to another.  As a crazy example, a brutish, scar covered, hairy map for the Freak 3 can be applied to wee, delicate Aiko 3 and vice versa.

But no, clothes can not be traded, not without using one or another of the various tools that reshapes the proportions and alters the rigging, like Evol Innocence's "Cross Dresser".

Sincerely,

Bill

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    ………

I've been a bit busy and Daz Studio is a bit tied up with work-related stuff, but when I get more free time and Daz Studio gets freed up I'm looking forward to trying out Melody 2.0! :D

Diva, this link might keep you busy hunting for free stuff for Aiko 3. It is a landing page with sub-pages that list categories of items, Dresses, Morphs, textures etc. Have fun!

https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Aiko_3. Also V3 and A3 do share one thing in common and that is textures.

edited April 2019

I meant for it to be a "serious" scene, but it wound up looking more like some sort of "Vegas" styled production routine held at the Luxor Hotel.

Sincerely,

Bill

Bastet-on-Ark-J-2.jpg
    800 x 1060 - 185K
    Redfern said:

do you know if A3 is compatible with V3 stuff?

Alas, they are not.  Being pre Genesis and stand-alone figures of very different base proportions, clothes modeled and rigged for one can not fit the other.  Gowever, all of the Millenium 3 figures do sharing the same mapping layout, so body textures for one can be applied to another.  As a crazy example, a brutish, scar covered, hairy map for the Freak 3 can be applied to wee, delicate Aiko 3 and vice versa.

But no, clothes can not be traded, not without using one or another of the various tools that reshapes the proportions and alters the rigging, like Evol Innocence's "Cross Dresser".

Sincerely,

Bill

Ah, bummer! I keep seeing some cute V3 freebies that would be nice to use with A3.

I have the Cross Dresser thing but I think I only have the V4 licence. I might have to look into A3 licence. 

edited May 2019

I got a chance to check out Melody 2.0 a little bit - not much but enough to get a first impression. So far so good. :) The cool thing about it is that the head, ears, and tail are attachable, which means you can parent them onto ANY figure and ANY body! AWESOME!

So I parented the Melody 2.0 head ears and tail to Genesis 8 Female. And then used Cayman Studios Victoria 4 Legacy UV for Genesis 8 Female to apply the Melody 2.0 textures to Genesis 8 Female. 

I didn't have a whole lot of time to experiment with customizing it, but I think it has promise. Here's a couple of quicky renders with it the Melody 2.0 product + Legacy UV + Genesis 8 Female:

And here's one with some HFS Ultimate Shapes added:

G8F - Melody 2 on G8F 2.png
    554 x 720 - 355K
    G8F - Melody 2 on G8F 1.png
    554 x 720 - 336K
    G8F - Melody 2 w HFS and Toon Morphs.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1009K
    Post edited by 3Diva on
    DollyGirl said:
    ………

Diva, this link might keep you busy hunting for free stuff for Aiko 3. It is a landing page with sub-pages that list categories of items, Dresses, Morphs, textures etc. Have fun!

https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Aiko_3. Also V3 and A3 do share one thing in common and that is textures.

Thank you. I keep forgetting that the Poser Daz wiki has A3 stuff. I've found a lot of V4 freebies there but for some reason it slips my mind that they also have A3 freebies. lol Thank you for the link!