Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 12

Comments

• Eagle99Eagle99 Posts: 159

blush Thanks everybody... I am very glad you like my products.

=> extra motivation smiley

I will definitely do another bike someday.

Is this what you have in mind with "Family Cargo Bike"?

https://rideonmagazine.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Cargo-family-bike-435x325.png

Kind regards, Eagle99

• escrandallescrandall Posts: 487
    Eagle99 said:

https://rideonmagazine.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Cargo-family-bike-435x325.png

Kind regards, Eagle99

You see dozens of types.  Some are very long two wheelers with the load in front, rarer are long two wheelers with the load in back.  The Christinia (named after a Hippie district in Copenhagen) is a three wheeler with two wheels in front and the load between them.  This is how Danes take their kids around, shop and everything else.  It's a family SUV for the Dutch and Danes in the cities.   You don't see many at communitng times when the streets fill with regular bikes, but weekends and running kids to school...

https://www.christianiabikes.com

• NathNath Posts: 2,713
    Eagle99 said:

Kind regards, Eagle99

You see dozens of types.  Some are very long two wheelers with the load in front, rarer are long two wheelers with the load in back.  The Christinia (named after a Hippie district in Copenhagen) is a three wheeler with two wheels in front and the load between them.  This is how Danes take their kids around, shop and everything else.  It's a family SUV for the Dutch and Danes in the cities.   You don't see many at communitng times when the streets fill with regular bikes, but weekends and running kids to school...

And another brand to look at for inspiration is Babboe (www.babboe.nl).

For realism there would have to be a 'talking on the phone while navigating one of these through traffic with three kids in front' pose though laugh

• escrandallescrandall Posts: 487
    Nath said:
    Eagle99 said:

Kind regards, Eagle99

And another brand to look at for inspiration is Babboe (www.babboe.nl).

For realism there would have to be a 'talking on the phone while navigating one of these through traffic with three kids in front' pose though laugh

The impressive thing is all of this happens year round - including the dead of Winter. 

• Eagle99Eagle99 Posts: 159
    edited April 2019

Cool, bookmarked. Just saw one of those bikes here in my hometown (in Germany). It had something with ".nl" written on the box in the front.

Hm, not shure if I like the phone pose idea... hehe... wink but of course one of the most obvious today. But today I saw 2 young men with baby buggies talking to each other and not playing with their phones.... so I have some hope for our future.... smiley

Kind regards, Eagle99

Post edited by Eagle99 on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,713
    barbult said:

I want to show off some items I recently purchased in the sales. 

I bought this too - and don't like that you have to buy the addon to get pants without holes. Should be opposite - if you want holes you buy the addon.  

Great render btw!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    Taoz said:
    barbult said:

I bought this too - and don't like that you have to buy the addon to get pants without holes. Should be opposite - if you want holes you buy the addon.  

Great render btw!

i like it because of the holes! I have a lot of jeans without holes already.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,247
    edited April 2019
    barbult said:
    Taoz said:
    barbult said:

Same here need more ripped, torn, and holey sets and not just in jeans

Post edited by Robert Freise on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

In case you don't visit the various sections (I never visit Nuts And Bolts) there are sign-in malware issues and DIM not having your products or not installing them. Check these threads:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/322621/can-t-login-to-make-purchase

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/322571/install-manager-problem#latest

Hmmm, there's no add-on listed on the page. IIRC those show whether we own them or not, right?

Taoz said:
    barbult said:

Great render btw!

Happy Easter everyone!   I don't own a bunny but I am taming squirrels- now they don't run helter-skelter when I'm in the yard, and "Pip" actually waits for me on the fence since yesterday. I have a squirrel feeder (corn cob holder) on my huge oak tree in the back yard. :)  My husband calls them tree rats. I love 'em! 

Hey, is fixmypcmike okay?  Hasn't posted in a month last time I checked a couple days ago.

edited April 2019

Folks, I have to get out the door, it's Easter and I am heading over to see Mom. Just want to let you know I spent the past couple days working on Caryn and seeing if I could work her up into something I'd personally use. It's going to take quite awhile to write up parts of what I did, so let me just share the renders and then I'll do a separate post (reserve it) right below it for the explanation. The hands are much better than the original, no doubt about it- as those originals are too long with the fingers and not fat enough to match the body. Here ya go. (I'll do the product links later and edit this post.)

First is Caryn Original, then my 12th Caryn (meaning change plus change plus another change, all building on the end result. So 12 changes)  then 15 changes. From 12 to 15 I slimmed down the jaw and cheeks a bit, I like either one. The chin on 15 is also more pronounced and the eyes got puffiness under them, etc. You can't tell from the front, but I did a LOT of work on the cranium to get it narrower.  The pinkish one is the same as 15 but a different light. 

Then there's the final Caryn result. 

I'll be telling you what some of the other characters do to Caryn when added via the Shaping or Parameters>Actor>Head.

Click on for the popups, then you can go back and forth to see the changes.

Just the one below- with Short African Hair and Moroccan Pool Yard  Yeah, I know, I put a baby by the pool LOL. TIP:  I used that toy as a blanket (the foam puzzle piece.) 

NOTE THE HANDS AND FINGERS!  Much better. They're chubby, fingers are shorter, and overall match the body and face in regards to size and weight.

Then different hair.
    I changed the outfit colors using Surfaces. (above and in this next one)  The lighting is DA Real World.

Caryn ORIG.png
    333 x 400 - 117K
    Caryn B12.png
    333 x 400 - 121K
    caryn 15 large.png
    500 x 600 - 250K
    caryn 16 large.png
    500 x 600 - 272K
    caryn poolside 2.png
    800 x 900 - 1M
    caryn poolside.png
    900 x 700 - 1M
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited April 2019

Here's a few things I did with the baby. 
    Amber (3DU) 11.2  shrinks the head
    Anakku  25% by Thorne enlarges it a bit but changes the shape
    Brynn (3DU) Younger  -15  shrinks the head
    BJ Miriam will lower the forehead, puff out the cheeks, and raise the chin   40%
    (two other ones doing the same thing are Ellis and LY Camille)

Izanami 20% changes features and shrinks head
    LY Fiona is good to raise the neck and chin, and the cheeks  15%
    Mia lowers the head  .35
    Molly narrows the head  20%
    Then I used the HSTW Head Morphs Kit 3
    Mouth Corners In -50%
    Mouth Relaxed Pout 40%
    Mouth Corners 2  25%

The HSTW Head Morph Kit 2
    Lips Center Shape 15%
    Mouth Down -8%

Mouth Pouty 1 -7.8  and then 2 was -3.2
    Mouth Proportion Lips  15%

Surgical Beauty has a lot of good tweaks to fill in the puffiness.

So overall, I'd look into Surgical Beauty and the HSTW morphs. Then in Parameters>Actor>Head you can piddle a lot.

Post edited by Novica on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

She looks a lot better with your changes. But those "folds" on the arms and legs still look like tight rubber bands. I don't think there's much anyone cann do with those except cover then up with clothes!

Too bad "Chubby baby wrinkles" aren't a separate morph.

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454

Can someone point me in the right direction... Having trouble with content. Several weeks ago, I had to replace several parts on my computer, including hard drive and motherboard, so went ahead and moved up to Windows 10. I moved my content to another drive (moving it out of DropBox), told DIM where it goes, copied my manifest files from an old backup to where they belong on Windows 10... at some point (sorry gave up for a while and my brain has dropped things), I reimported the metadata. As far as I can tell, Daz Studio doesn't think I have anything installed. It gives me a symbol showing I can use Connect to download stuff.

Even some things I downloaded today show the Connect symbol. I've got about 700 Gb worth of stuff that I'd rather not redownload, although if I had to, I could wipe it out and start over if that's possible at all...

I'm probably doing something really stupid. I could swear I'd moved stuff before with no problem. Maybe the Windows 10 or moving out of DropBox is doing me in. It'd probably all go better if I quit giving up and letting it just sit for a while.

Yep, and as mentioned in the baby thread, the dimples on the hands are like hard craters so far as the edges. 

Later I may try a deformer on a wrinkle and see if I can get it to raise. I've just spent so much time on her already... gotta get back to exercising, housework, and off to see MOM. TTYL everyone, check back later tonight for the details. I will let you know in another post when I do the "Reserved" post above. 

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Can someone point me in the right direction... Having trouble with content. Several weeks ago, I had to replace several parts on my computer, including hard drive and motherboard, so went ahead and moved up to Windows 10. I moved my content to another drive (moving it out of DropBox), told DIM where it goes, copied my manifest files from an old backup to where they belong on Windows 10... at some point (sorry gave up for a while and my brain has dropped things), I reimported the metadata. As far as I can tell, Daz Studio doesn't think I have anything installed. It gives me a symbol showing I can use Connect to download stuff.

Even some things I downloaded today show the Connect symbol. I've got about 700 Gb worth of stuff that I'd rather not redownload, although if I had to, I could wipe it out and start over if that's possible at all...

I'm probably doing something really stupid. I could swear I'd moved stuff before with no problem. Maybe the Windows 10 or moving out of DropBox is doing me in. It'd probably all go better if I quit giving up and letting it just sit for a while.

It's a simple fix.

In Daz Studio, Preferences, (F2) click on the Content tab and then the last button on that dialog page, (Content Manager something—Sorry, doing this from leaky memory,) In the resulting popup, make sure all the paths are the same as those for DIM. Accept your changes, and the content should show up.

@firewarden   I'm headed out, but can you check to see if your Content Management is even running?  And you said you told DIM where it went, did you do it in the studio? (Edit>Preferences>then click the Content tab and go to the bottom for the Content Directory Manager.)

barbult said:
    Taoz said:
    barbult said:

Great render btw!

barbult said:
    Taoz said:
    barbult said:

Same here need more ripped, torn, and holey sets and not just in jeans

Really? To me it's like making dents in your car with a hammer, trying to make it look better. :)

Novica said:

Hmmm, there's no add-on listed on the page. IIRC those show whether we own them or not, right?

Not really sure if they only show if you don't own them but they are here:

https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/48649

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

I passed on the babies in the end as I felt they needed too much work just to create an appealing and halfway realistic starting point from them, and I knew that the only reason I was interested was to see if I was capable of rising to the challenge. If that kind of thing becomes the norm then something like Ollie could end up being marketed as Olympia and we'd be expected to put the hours into creating our own attractive young female from him :) I do like what you've done with the hands, though, Novica. That looks really good. Of the heads you've done, number two is my favourite.

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454
    L'Adair said:

It's a simple fix.

In Daz Studio, Preferences, (F2) click on the Content tab and then the last button on that dialog page, (Content Manager something—Sorry, doing this from leaky memory,) In the resulting popup, make sure all the paths are the same as those for DIM. Accept your changes, and the content should show up.

Novica said:

@firewarden   I'm headed out, but can you check to see if your Content Management is even running?  And you said you told DIM where it went, did you do it in the studio? (Edit>Preferences>then click the Content tab and go to the bottom for the Content Directory Manager.)

Looks like both of y'all were right. I had CM in Daz Studio itself pointed at my DAZ root folder, but not at the My Library subfolder. That looks like it fixed it. Awesome!  I'd facedesk over this, but I'm too happy that it looks like my stuff is all there again. Now to get to work!

Thanks so much! :D

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,247

I went ahead and picked them up cause I think with the right skins they'll make good little Ghoulies

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    BlueIrene said:

I passed on the babies in the end as I felt they needed too much work just to create an appealing and halfway realistic starting point from them, and I knew that the only reason I was interested was to see if I was capable of rising to the challenge. If that kind of thing becomes the norm then something like Ollie could end up being marketed as Olympia and we'd be expected to put the hours into creating our own attractive young female from him :) I do like what you've done with the hands, though, Novica. That looks really good. Of the heads you've done, number two is my favourite.

It was the surface settings* that ultimately turned me away from them. I didn't have a huge problem with their morphs as-is (I've certainly seen toddlers as homely as Tobin, for instance), and the Small World characters were a good expansion, but I haven't gotten the hang of fiddling with dual lobe specularity yet, and wasn't looking forward to using these kids as the test subjects. Plus, although it was a good deal in terms of bang for the buck, I just don't do enough contemporary or conventional domestic artwork to justify dropping $55-$60 on a bunch of clothes, toys etc that would only be good for that.

Interesting how just about everyone but NeilV_1 (retired Genesis Baby) to tackle the baby issue in the post-Generation 3 era has had significant experience in nonhuman creature design/morphs: Mechasaur, Sixus1, Oskarsson.

*I make this distinction because the textures as textures seemed fine-note the details on the hand palms and feet soles of the black characters. The excess shininess is in my experience a problem with setting up the surfaces. 

edited April 2019

Hey folks, a forum member was just diagnosed with cancer, if you feel like lending support, it's in Commons. The thread title wouldn't clue you in about the topic, so thought I'd point it out. Several of you are already posting on it, and I know Faeryl Womyn is appreciating the support. 

Post edited by Novica on
    edited April 2019

Have anyone tried the GlowFi Hair ? I just tested it and it seems to use an insane amount of memory, if you render it in a separate window.

I only have 8 GB RAM in my rendering machine, but I can render fairly complex scenes anyway, like a G8 figure with hair, clothing and some enviroment, and usually I can have more than one render window open. But with only this hair loaded and nothing else, I can barely render a 900x900 render. If I do, and keep that window open, my system starts choking because it runs out of RAM if I try to render a second one. And while rendering VRAM use is close to 5 GB. The strange thing is that in Iray preview mode the same hair uses very little RAM and VRAM. Never seen anything like that before.

2019-04-21_23-27-27.png
    1159 x 645 - 427K
    2019-04-21_23-29-21.png
    913 x 619 - 74K
    2019-04-21_23-30-46.png
    1274 x 569 - 510K
    Post edited by Taoz on
    edited April 2019

@taoz    Sorry, I just checked and I don't own that one.  Edit- perhaps ask Artini, they used it in this render/post

Post edited by Novica on
    Novica said:

@taoz    Sorry, I just checked and I don't own that one.  Edit- perhaps ask Artini, they used it in this render/post

Will try that. Thanks!

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,401
    Taoz said:

Have anyone tried the GlowFi Hair ? I just tested it and it seems to use an insane amount of memory, if you render it in a separate window.

I only have 8 GB RAM in my rendering machine, but I can render fairly complex scenes anyway, like a G8 figure with hair, clothing and some enviroment, and usually I can have more than one render window open. But with only this hair loaded and nothing else, I can barely render a 900x900 render. If I do, and keep that window open, my system starts choking because it runs out of RAM if I try to render a second one. And while rendering VRAM use is close to 5 GB. The strange thing is that in Iray preview mode the same hair uses very little RAM and VRAM. Never seen anything like that before.

"Only" 8 GB? I wish I had 8 GB. I only have 2 GB. 

This discussion has been closed.