[Released] RSSY Clothing Converter from Victoria 4 to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

Comments

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,833
    edited February 2019

I can admit, that I like Xurge3D sets, but could not find another one for V4.

So, here it is another render of the same outfit - just different pose and scene.

Charlotte807pic01SunnyDay.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 551K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited February 2019

This time iray render of Gia8 with converted items from:

Noctia Corset from FK-Noctia
    Choker, Gloves, Skirt and Slippers from FK-MagicSense2014
    All by Fabiana.

Also used GlowFi hair - https://www.daz3d.com/glowfi-hair-for-genesis-3

Gia803pic02.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 95K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Artini said:

This time iray render of Gia8 with converted items from:

Noctia Corset from FK-Noctia
    Choker, Gloves, Skirt and Slippers from FK-MagicSense2014
    All by Fabiana.

Also used GlowFi hair - https://www.daz3d.com/glowfi-hair-for-genesis-3

Nice!

Thanks. My library of wardrobe for Genesis 8 Female is constantly expanding, thanks to the converters.

• greysgreys Posts: 335

Been doing this the slow way and going one outfit at a time, but converting and saving manual iray versions of all the material options. Here's arki's Angeloi outfit on Zelara 8 with the Keeper of Dreams texture pack - very happy with the automatic conversion on this one, went a lot better than my manual attempt. Need to fiddle a bit more with the dforce settings on the overskirt to soften it a little, but other than that (which is entirely on me) very happy with how the conversion turned out.

• greys said:

Been doing this the slow way and going one outfit at a time, but converting and saving manual iray versions of all the material options. Here's arki's Angeloi outfit on Zelara 8 with the Keeper of Dreams texture pack - very happy with the automatic conversion on this one, went a lot better than my manual attempt. Need to fiddle a bit more with the dforce settings on the overskirt to soften it a little, but other than that (which is entirely on me) very happy with how the conversion turned out.

Very nice!  Thank you for sharing.

• SamanthieSamanthie Posts: 308
    edited February 2019
    Samanthie said:

No screenshot but Wildenlander force converted and everything looks really good until I save as a scene. After saving I try to load it and get the gray blocks instead of clothing. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the outfit, changed folder paths tried all I can think of. Any help appreciated this is a beautiful outfit. Thanks.

It is a thing that sometimes happens with converted clothes, but I don't know why.  sad  Delete the clothes from scene after the script saves them and reload, then resave scene, does that help?

Thank you, I did what you suggested but it didn't seem to work. There is another oddity happening though and as screenshot shows the outfit loaded with boxes so I was curious and loaded the converted clothing on top of the boxes and noticed converted clothing reverted back to V4 pose and also loaded the V4 model. That is the jumble you see. I am however very happy with the program just this outfit is not working out and it's too bad because I have wanted it for a very long time and put off getting it because it is for V4. I will fiddle with this further and see if I can get it to work. I have tested it with another outfit and everything worked fine. :)

v4wilden.jpg
    649 x 797 - 94K
    Post edited by Samanthie on
  • Samanthie said:
    Samanthie said:

No screenshot but Wildenlander force converted and everything looks really good until I save as a scene. After saving I try to load it and get the gray blocks instead of clothing. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the outfit, changed folder paths tried all I can think of. Any help appreciated this is a beautiful outfit. Thanks.

It is a thing that sometimes happens with converted clothes, but I don't know why.  sad  Delete the clothes from scene after the script saves them and reload, then resave scene, does that help?

Thank you, I did what you suggested but it didn't seem to work. There is another oddity happening though and as screenshot shows the outfit loaded with boxes so I was curious and loaded the converted clothing on top of the boxes and noticed converted clothing reverted back to V4 pose and also loaded the V4 model. That is the jumble you see. I am however very happy with the program just this outfit is not working out and it's too bad because I have wanted it for a very long time and put off getting it because it is for V4. I will fiddle with this further and see if I can get it to work. I have tested it with another outfit and everything worked fine. :)

Sorry.  I wish I knew what caused it.  

• Samanthie said:
    Samanthie said:

No problem, your script is working well for me otherwise and I am so happy to have it! Maybe someone in this thread has the same outfit and it is working for them and could give some pointers. 

greys said:

Looks very nice.

Could you please explain, how did you convert materials to iray?

Samanthie said:
    Samanthie said:
    Samanthie said:

No problem, your script is working well for me otherwise and I am so happy to have it! Maybe someone in this thread has the same outfit and it is working for them and could give some pointers. 

I have similar problems with a couple of the clothes, but for now, I just move on to the other ones, that works.

I have noticed such behaviour with the other clothes in Daz shop for Genesis 3, as well, not the converted ones,

but I have no solution for that, at the moment.

• Artini said:
    Samanthie said:
    Samanthie said:
    Samanthie said:

I have similar problems with a couple of the clothes, but for now, I just move on to the other ones, that works.

I have noticed such behaviour with the other clothes in Daz shop for Genesis 3, as well, not the converted ones,

It's good that most work well. Hopefully someone will figure it out and post the solution eventually. :)

edited February 2019

Converted: V4 Chiffon Dress by billy-t and Nova Hair by Aeon Soul on Pretty Base NG8

https://www.daz3d.com/pretty-base-next-generation-8-for-genesis-8-female

PrettyBaseNG801pic01.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 134K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited February 2019

On more render of Pretty Base NG8 with converted outfit and hair:

Salome by Val3dArt and Adalyn Hair, skirt is from the other set.

PrettyBaseNG804pic02.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 159K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Samanthie said:
    Artini said:
    Samanthie said:
    Samanthie said:
    Samanthie said:

It's good that most work well. Hopefully someone will figure it out and post the solution eventually. :)

I hope so.  If they ever let me know, I will pass it on!  smiley

• Artini said:

Converted: V4 Chiffon Dress by billy-t and Nova Hair by Aeon Soul on Pretty Base NG8

https://www.daz3d.com/pretty-base-next-generation-8-for-genesis-8-female

Artini said:

On more render of Pretty Base NG8 with converted outfit and hair:

Salome by Val3dArt and Adalyn Hair, skirt is from the other set.

They both look great!  Thanks for sharing (and your help wink)

edited February 2019

One more render of Pretty Base NG8 with converted items:

Byzantine dress by Supernova
    KPop shoes by Mada
    Midnight Special hair by Goldtassel

PrettyBaseNG807pic05.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 354K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Artini said:

One more render of Pretty Base NG8 with converted items:

Byzantine dress by Supernova
    KPop shoes by Mada
    Midnight Special hair by Goldtassel

Nice!  You really like to kitbash... these converted clothes must be heaven for you.  smiley

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,563

Artini, are you honestly happy with the results you are getting? In the majority of the images you have posted the clothing looks warped and ill fitting which are the same results I am getting with the script and something I am not happy with.

Here is the Salome set you pictured above using the clone autofit method with no smoothing or anything added and the fitting results are so much better.

I am just trying to get decent results instead of returning it and for me so far it's around one hit for every 20 misses

salome.jpg
    512 x 852 - 330K
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686

So, has this sold well enough to warrant an M4 version? I'm about to make some final V4 clothing purchases before I launch into mass conversion mode.

• xyer0 said:

So, has this sold well enough to warrant an M4 version? I'm about to make some final V4 clothing purchases before I launch into mass conversion mode.

Yes, it has.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686
    xyer0 said:

Yes, it has.

Thank you, that's good to know. My money is awaiting its release.

edited February 2019

Hi, FSMCDesigns.

For me such a converters are a big time savers.

I accept, that not always all work, like you describe, but I have hundreds of items for V4,

that otherways would become obsolete and I would not use them at all.

After all advances with Genesis 8 figures, there is no way, I go back to Victoria 4 renders.

So in short - I am very happy with the converter and I will continue to use it.

Post edited by Artini on
    edited February 2019
    Sahel803pic03ct01.jpg
    977 x 863 - 99K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited February 2019

Converted Accordion Fashion dress and 70s headscarf by Supernova on Miriam

https://www.daz3d.com/miriam-hd--signature-smile-hd-expression-for-genesis-8-female

Miriam02pic01.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 169K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Artini said:

Converted Accordion Fashion dress and 70s headscarf by Supernova on Miriam

https://www.daz3d.com/miriam-hd--signature-smile-hd-expression-for-genesis-8-female

Very nice.  Thank you for sharing!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,139

I don't suppose this will work on Optitex dynamic clothing, will it? (I'm sort of guessing not, but has anyone tried?)

• NathNath Posts: 2,713
    MelanieL said:

I don't suppose this will work on Optitex dynamic clothing, will it? (I'm sort of guessing not, but has anyone tried?)

No idea, but you can always try to dforce it.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,139
    Nath said:
    MelanieL said:

No idea, but you can always try to dforce it.

Yes I've successfully dForce'd a few items to a G8F, but not all of them work well. I've also had some success just parenting then Optitex-draping. I just wondered what would happen if I tried to convert them. I've not (yet) bought this particular converter (I have all the other upward-converters released so far) but I plan to grab it before the intro discount goes, so I'll soon be able to try myself and see what happens.