WinterMoon Wants Attention.

Comments

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

Wynette, Shanie and Rihannon have formed an all-girl rock band. Their idols are Heart, Spice Girls and Jem and the Holograms.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    TigerAnne said:

Hiya guys. It's been a while, thanks to some... let's say software problems. Yesterday I started having withdrawals so badly, I booted up DS on my laptop, and just hoped it wouldn't fry. I had already started forgetting how so much stuff worked. crying Also, lying on my back in bed (it was early in the morning, and it's cold, don't judge), and only the touchpad for control, wasn't the most comfortable way to work. I don't have anything fancy to post, but I love how these pictures of Aubrey came out.

I think I finally found "her" skin. Right now I can't remember the name of the character it comes with (Wednesday?), but it's one of Thorne's girls. Now she's got a bit of colour to her cheeks, and her eyebrows are on fleek as well.  My little red-haired daughter is growing up so fast! *sniffle*

One more, just because.

Wow she looks fantastic!  I'd say you nailed the skin for sure.

I find it very stressful to not be able to render.  Glad you got things sorted!

Wow she looks fantastic!  I'd say you nailed the skin for sure.

I find it very stressful to not be able to render.  Glad you got things sorted!

Thank you, Sonja! :) I appreciate it!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

I so love all your random renders @TigerAnne!!

edited March 2019

I'm really happy to hear that, @Saphirewild. Good news is, there will definitely be more randomness, because I have too many ideas. 

Let's just have another batch of pics right away, shall we? I've realised that I need to have high definition versions of all members of my terrible Sims family. This time I made Riana, another one of Aylatani's numerous children, and younger half-sister of Liranda. She's got a fraternal twin sister named Adana. Riana's biological father was Garrett Clawthorne, an Elf whose family had no idea they were elves before he was born. Garrett was disowned by his badly-tempered mother, because he concistently failed to hide the fact that he was mythological from their respectable Human neighbours. By that time, he had done quite well for himself, and was already a CEO of... something, at the age of 30-ish. Sadly, all the business trips had made Garrett develop a taste for the strong stuff, and getting beaten up by Liranda quite frequently didn't help him kick the habit. When he had the splendid and brilliant idea that Aylatani and himself should become Vampires, so they could be young forever without having to depend on getting enough Elixir of Life, his boozing problem persisted. After walzing out into the sun once too much, Garrett burned to a crisp in the garden. 

You can see some pictures of Riana's Sim-self here and here

Despite having been age-freezed at 18, and living with a teenaged brain, Riana is probably the most well-adjusted member of her entire family. She works in the police force as a Super Hero. laugh

Post edited by WinterMoon on
    edited March 2019

This is also Riana. She too has a gothic side. It didn't develop like her sister's, from a lifetime of disappointments and aggrevation. Being half Elf, she's very in tune with the natural world, and she becomes dark and gothic with the onset of autumn. When spring returns, her hair becomes fair gold once again. (I feel like I should remind you, that she's a character from a ridiculous parody on every bad story I've read.)

I guess she must be out on the job, as the local Teen Super Heroine. It's very dangerous, but fear not. She's got an evil-detecting big, badass doggo as her side-kick. I'll probably be revisiting this scene closer to the actual pumpkin season. Replacement: The initial version sucked ostrich eggs. You can see it here, if you're curious. Here's a behind the scenes look.

TigerAnne said:

(I feel like I should remind you, that she's a character from a ridiculous parody on every bad story I've read.)

This cracked me up.  Can't wait to see what else you render lol

This cracked me up.  Can't wait to see what else you render lol

Oh, it's going to be another version of the pumkin stake-out, because the first version was failz. blush

edited March 2019

I've had Tango Alfa's Orchard for a while. It would have killed my laptop, if I'd tried to render it, but I couldn't resist getting it for when I had a proper rig. Then I forgot I had it, until now. It's a beautiful set, and it's huge. I need to use it for tons more pictures! 

Riana's taking a break in the shade, with a couple of feline companions. She looks thoughtful. Maybe she misses her boyfriend, who she's often separated from, or maybe she's wondering what her twin sister's up to.

I love this set soooooo muuuuuch! Wholesome renders for the people!

One more happy Riana before bed time. 

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

I just love the last 3 renders of the orchard set Wow is all I can say so wholesome!!!

@Saphirewild Thank you! :) I think Riana is really enjoying her vacation. 

edited March 2019

What should I post next, hmm? There's been a lot of girls here lately, so maybe I should post some guys? Some shirtless guys? And it should probably be one of my own characters, right, since just posting a premade sexy dude would be cheating? Welp. I made a "proper" version of one of Riana/Liranda/Aylatani's male relatives. This is Ryan, and he's Liranda's... grandson. Since all of them are drinking eternal youth juice, it looks more like he's her brother, though. For reference, this is the original version.

I did a couple of test pics, to see if I'd gotten his features right. His mouth is a very characteristic shape, curving up at the corners, but overall curving down. The middle part of his face is also rather long, a trait he shares with a lot of Liranda's decendents. In the viewport he looks more similar to the Sim, but I think he probably needs another skin, and different brows. He should also have black facial hair, which I don't have for G3M.

He's nowhere near as buff and built as most of the other guys seen rendered around here. My characters on the whole aren't. Ryan is unusually slight, though. For some reason, his original Sim version often looks small compared to others in pictures, although all adult Sims are the same height. I just ran with the idea, and decided he's kind of scrawny. In the (terrible) story he's from, he's a weirdo who's got a few screws loose. As a teenager he had a serious accident with the Homicidal Excercise Bike of Death (as TS2 players have gotten to know it), and was dead for a while. It was terrible. The treatment involved "many knives" and "seven feet of stitches," and left him with some gnarly and epic battlescars. Unfortunately, Ryan seems to be the only one who can actually see them. He apparently suffered some slight damage to his brain during the ordeal, because he's been acting rather strangely since then. (More than usual for a Sim, anyway.) When he's been hungry, he's been known to dig in the trashcan for a snack, instead of the fridge. He's also developed a strange fetish for watching people using the bathrooms. Despite all of this, he's got a few very devoted fans, both among my 15 readers and the other characters. Riana's twin sister - Adana - has a huge whooping crush on him, despite the fact that she's his great aunt, and it's more than just a little mutual. So far, nothing really scandalous has happened between them, though.

Please be thinking of your actual wife, Ryan. The mother of your children. The children who are really embarrassed by the pair of you.

Of course, when I save a render that turned out *perfect,* the light, the posing, the everything... I notice a huge, obvious flaw that I somehow didn't notice during test renders. FacePalm. Very Much. It's not as obvious in the smaller version of the picture, though.

edited April 2019

Riana's not really happy without Adana, so the next logical step was to make her. This was a bit of a challenge, because to be honest... I've never really been able to tell the difference between them. That's part of the reason Riana's worn dark make-up in the "story" (that's a generous word) since she was still in diapers. After closely scrutinizing pictures of their Sims, I came to the conclusion that Adana has a wider mouth with thinner lips, a longer middle face, and more pronounced cheekbones. Her jawline is also narrower from on the whole. For non-identical twins, they're still very similar.

Story-wise, Adana's the most intelligent member of her family. Maybe that's not much of an achievement, considering that there are only four others - out of something like fifty - that can actually be considered intelligent, and two of them are pretty close to being insane. Along with Riana, she's pretty much the best "litter" the family has produced. Riana's the overall sanest person, and fairly bright herself, while Adana is hyper smart and mostly sane. Her one questionable quirk is her attraction to Ryan. She does have a fiancé, and has proven time and again that she's completely faithful to him, but as long as Ryan's around there's always a small risk that one of them will cross the invisible line.

Here are the twins together, out in the apple garden. I forgot to add cats. :(

edited May 2019

This picture was kind of doomed from the start. Jackson's Field (by the amazing Tango Alpha) was never meant to be rendered from this angle, but I got the idea for this scene and decided it was going to work. It could probably have been made to look a little better with some Depth of Field and whatnot, but I had pretty much had it with this scene. I was going to render it once, and be done with it. Maybe it looks a little weird, but art is about e x p r e s s i o n, not perfection. Exactly what it expresses is up to the viewer to determine.

The twins are having a private conversation, about something that's been bothering Adana. I kind of really like these two as characters, even if the actual story they originated in is a deliberate joke. Riana is drawn towards both darkness and light - with darkness representing mystery and/or sorrow, rather than evil - and has to reconcile two very different parts of herself. Adana is pulled between the safe steadiness of logic and knowledge, and the dangers of love, passion and dreams. Both of the men she loves are a little emotionally unstable, with her feelings for one of them being in a moral grey-zone. These girls are players rather than pieces, and they have a way of landing on their feet.

"I'm just saying, something is very strange about this guy. He's just standing there like that, not moving, barely even breathing..."

"You think he could be sick? He's got that 'lights on but no one home' expression."

"Could be. He hasn't been eating at all. Look, I put some apples in a basket, to try to lure him out. He wasn't interested at all. I mean... what sort of weird person doesn't like apples???"

"Um... well, there's..."

"~*~*Cats are obligate carnivores.*~*~"

"So are dogs, but that doesn't mean we don't like the occasional vegan treat."

"~*~*Dogs also eat socks.*~*~"

"...true."

edited April 2019

Holey Guacamoley, playing with this thing is way too much fun! This looks like the kind of nightmares I have when I'm sick. (Except those aren't fun.)

He looks like a derpy moose from this angle, LMAO!

edited April 2019

"Molly, my girl... What the Dickens?"

"Tell me about it... It's been one of those days."

"Who even is that?"

"Not sure. He hasn't been able to communicate. We'd better put him somewhere the humans will find him, when they come to close up for the night. They can call a vet to come and see him."

"Whatever's up with him, it sure doesn't look right."

"We've seen even stranger things around here before, Brambles."

"Not by much, we haven't."

"Whose brilliant idea of a joke was this??? Am I supposed to think this is funny?!!"

haha really enjoyed your animal series there!  And your twins look great, you did a great job of making them very very similar but different.

haha really enjoyed your animal series there!  And your twins look great, you did a great job of making them very very similar but different.

He he, thanks! I had almost too much fun with the donkey and its new friends.

Model of the day: The beautiful Aylatani. I guess it's possible to get ugly-blind when you're used to someone's face, because I low-key think she looks pretty darn good in these pictures.

She looks fabulous, even when she borrows her youngest daughter's clothes.

edited April 2019

Hi guys. I have some renders to share with y'all. Two of them are freshly baked, the rest is a few weeks old. My DS is having some problems with "fatal errors," and I don't know if it's an issue with the graphics driver, or if some of the scenes I've been setting up have hidden polygon bombs that I can't detect by just looking at them. Boo. I've been working on something for the New Users challenge, taking advantage of the free choice of subject. The picture I originally submitted struck me as boring, out of its story context, so I wanted to set up a scene with something more going on. You may get to see it one day, if I can figure out why it crashes. When that scene didn't work out, I tried setting up a simple group image of some of my characters. That one crashes too, which is a bummer, since I like the interacting poses I managed to twist the characters into. But enough about that. Let's get to the ones that actually rendered.

I love making character portraits, I just happen to hate how they usually turn out. x( This one's actually pretty cute, if you don't look too closely at Monique's hair. There's something funky going on with it, that makes the texture look kind of flat. I also think that the girl on the right doesn't look as realistic as Monique and her mini-me. I love how the oldest girl's hair lined up with the sunflowers, however. I didn't even do that on purpose.

This is the original version of the picture, with Monique in a different outfit. I made a couple of children for her and Darius, because it's fun to scale down premade characters with the Growing Up morphs. You can probably tell that the youngest girl (Starla) is a child-sized Monique 7. The older sister (Sandy) is a tweenaged version of Joliette. I think they need a little boy in the family, a little mini-Darius. 

This is actually part of the scene I was going to submit to the April noob challenge. Something in the classroom is upsetting Aubrey, while her classmate seems a little too chill. (Aubrey is G1, the guy is G8. Who do you think looks more real here? Eh?)

Here's what I have for the April challenge, so far. Since the classroom scene refuses to cooperate, I will probably spruce up this otherwise boring TV-watching slice of life and say it's my contribution after all. That's Adana and Ryan watching TV together, which they probably shouldn't be. They're flirting with disaster every time they're in the same location with no one else present. Yes, they live in the same house, and are distantly related, but that only makes the sad mess they're in all that much worse. If you don't know what kind of story they're from, it's almost a little... dramatic. I added the cats not just for cuteness appeal, but also to try (clumsily) to contrast the almost-inappropriate chemistry between the two never-be-lovers with the goofy innocense of the cats - who only want to chill on the sofa with their humans. Long run-on sentences are long. I actually really like how melancholy Adana looks, though. (And if you're wondering, they're watching Doctor Who.)

And here we've got Ryan with his lawfully wedded wife, Cindie. The couple have three children, twin girls and a younger son. Yes, apparently twins run in their family, because there have been six pairs of them in six generations. Ryan has a twin sister, who lacks a model at the moment. He's also got younger twin brothers, and older quadruplet half-siblings. Cindie knows all too well that her husband is a little bit special. In fact, she knew before they had even met in person that she would end up marrying him, and that he would start losing some of his marbles around the time their daughters were born. She had recurring dreams about him, starting when she was twelve, and she recognised him the first time she saw him in reality. Ryan just accepted all of this as normal, because he'd already seen some really weird stuff. Cindie frequently reassures Ryan that she loves him, despite everything he's got wrong with him, and that she cares about his well-being. She knows he's a flirt, but her visions have never shown that he would be unfaithful to her, so she's not worried. It's doubtful that she even suspects his feelings for Adana to run more than skin deep.

And to round off this extra random post, we have the marvelous lady who has to deal with all of these rascals. Behold the Minister of Education.

Complicated doesn't even begin to describe lol....

@IceDragonArt Their family tree is beginning to look like the Pando Aspen. surprise

What with the recent baby-debate around here, and people claiming it was possible to create baby characters without using Caryn and Tobyn, I got curious and decided to have a go. This is a 100% Caryn-free baby girl I dialed up. She's not ultra-realistic, but that's not really my style, anyway. FYI, I had super-dark blue eyes like that as a baby. x)

So as you can see, I managed to make a substantial and chunky baby. Her proportions may be way off the mark, but that's because I don't have kids and am clueless, not because of slider limitations. What I did was I used the Growing Up morphs, and pushed the dial all the way to the end. Then, I used the G8F shaping morphs to make the arms and legs as short as possible. And then I used SickleYield's free morph set, to make the limbs even shorter. I also used the Height dial, to shrink the whole baby some more.  To chub her up, I used Body Size and a tiny bit of Weight. She's actually slimmer than that outfit makes her look, though. For some reason, I chose to dial in a character called Maebry, who I can't remember the creator of right now, and lo and behold: That character morph actually made her face look more babyish all over. For finishing touches, I removed most of her nose bridge, gave her rounder cheeks, and reduced her jaw-size. (And some other minor tweaks to her lips and nose.)

"Moooom! Daisy's in my room again!!! Take her out of there, she's gonna get drool on my things! Urrrgh!!!"

"OHMYGOSH EWWWW! She's touching stuff! Noooooooooo! MOM!!! Come and take your baby out of my rooooooooom!"

"Like, for real Mom! When can she start earning money? She owes me a new Mookie Pet."

edited April 2019

Dear thread, this is Edgar. (He also wears a skintone from a character named Edgar, but I didn't use the morph.)

Edgar is either the sworn enemy or eternal lovey snoogiebunny of Aylatani, depending on which alternate reality they're in. They've got six beautiful children together, named Horace, Sprocket, Eggbert, Turnip, Toadstool and Bolton. (But Eggbert is dead.)

In the original of his many alternate lives, Edgar is a time-traveller. He's got a Sinister Plan(TM) to travel back to the beginning of civilisation, "invent" the wheel and claim copyright, and take over the world with an army of trained velociraptors. (This is a story of high literary quality, y'all.) Fortunately for the world, he keeps miscalculating, because he doesn't have a time-travel license. He keeps landing either after the wheel already exists, or at points in time when humans are too primitive to understand that Edgar is their new overlord.

Edgar's not smart enough to build a time-machine, so he stole one ready made from Aylatani's husband Phil. (To be fair, Phil didn't design it either. His future self gave him the blueprints, which he had received from his future self, who had received it from... yeah.) In his original reality, where he's not married to Aylatani, he's got quadruplet children with Ryan's mother. (Who is Liranda's daughter, BTW) They didn't have an affair. He peed on the toilet seat in their house, and everyone knows that's how you get pergnat preglarnt pergalent have a baby. Their children - Trilby, Gargarney, Linimpa and Parsley - grew up in special child prison after they murdered their head master and a policeman. Edgar dug a tunnel into the prison and helped them escape, and they now live with him as his evil minions.

He even looks scary when he smiles. O_O Edgar's feeling smug, because he's in disguise and no one can recognise him. He's shaved his beard a bit, plucked his eyebrows, and put on a hat so people can't tell he's bald. Usually, he looks like this. Edgar is allegedly an evil wizard, but he can't do magic or anything. He just likes being an evil wizard because it makes him feel more powerful and mighty. 

Also, believe it or not, but among the (10 or so) readers of my parody masterpiece, Edgar has become a sex-symbol. I hope they're joking.

edited April 2019

This is the story of a render that caused much frustration.

Here's how it started. I just wanted a quick modelling session, because I finally got around to getting the G8 mesh for the BoHo dress. This was meant to be a simple scene, with just a gradient light for the background, some candles, and a few sunflowers to add some flair. But then... I kind of thought it looked strange to have the sunflowers growing straight up from the light, so I added some ground and grass. That addition made the gradient background look very lacklustre, and I though I'd add a skydome and some billboard treelines. Oh, and some more sunflowers. And a bit of taller grass among the flowers. Like this.

The first set of dress textures I used seemed a bit too dark and busy, so I tried another set. I feel like this one pops better against the background, at the same time as the soft blues and greens compliment the surroundings. Adana looks like she's trying to seduce someone into falling under her spell. It's not Ryan, I promise. O_O

Shall we try another pose? Oh, now she kind of blends in to the grass. frown Maybe that's cool, though. It almost seems like she's sprung up from the ground, and is a flower herself. But it looks like she's being lit up by backyard floodlights, and that's not actually all that romantic. 

Thar. Now it's darker, and her dress has yet another texture. Only... her skirt looks so stiff in this position. Hrrnnnnngh... Let's try another dress. And another pose.

...which brings us to this. Oh, but this doesn't look like a sunflower field. It just looks like a row of flowers lining someone's back yard. More vegetation, please. Sigh... and those candles should really give off some more light. Let's ramp up the Flux/Lumen to like 5000 for each of them.

And that's how we get to that first render, which still doesn't satisfy me. Stay tuned for the next episode of TigerAnne's Adventures in Darkness and Light, and don't forget to comment, like and subscribe! Wait a sec, this isn't Youtube. Crap.

Your baby is super cute!   

Edgar, however, is rather disturbing.

Well, despite your frustration I think the final render looks great!

Your baby is super cute!   

Edgar, however, is rather disturbing.

Awww, thank you! Yeah, Edgrrr is something a bit out of the usual. His son Turnip, though... That's a face right out of a nightmare

Well, despite your frustration I think the final render looks great!

If you say so! laugh Coming from someone as talented as you, it makes me really happy to hear!

Hi guys. This here is Phil, and he's Aylatani's husband. Well, one of them, anyway. He's a pre-made "townie" from one of the Sims 2 expansion packs, so he's not originally my character. I do believe my version of him is the only one to be a time-travelling ex-axe-murderer, though. surprise

Phil's long and complicated history with Aylatani started when he came to her camp, and told her he'd kill her with his axe if she didn't marry him. Because that's how the most exiting and dramatic Sim-Stories always begin, natch. The two miscreants had a litter of children, consisting of the twin sisters Zarinda and Liranda, and a barely younger sister named Maikana. How they had kids remains a bit of a mystery, since they never actually did the nasty, but that's beside the point. 

Phil used to work as a chef, which is how he learned to use sharp tools as murder-weapons. Since both he and Aylatani worked, they had to hire a nanny for the children, namely Phil's extremely creepy grandmother. Because I neglected to make Phil be related to the Sim who played his grandma, and the Sims games seem to love throwing you for a loop, Phil soon developed a highly inappropriate attraction towards the old lady. He heart-farted over her, gave her backrubs, et cetera. Then all of a sudden, he started making out with his grandmother, in front of young Liranda. Aylatani promptly chucked him out of the house. 

After Aylatani had buried three violently killed husbands, her and Phil's daughter Maikana begged Phil to come back home. Aylatani hatched an evil plan, and decided to marry Phil again. With the luck she had with husbands, he wouldn't last long, and the world would be rid of him. But then... in a move that made their family saga really dangerous to read for anyone young and impressionable, she fell back in love with Phil and forgave him. They started a new life together, in a house by the sea. Phil changed his job to Science, so he could fulfill his wish of becoming a raving mad scientist. Somewhere around this time, he also received an off-screen visit from his future self, who gave him the blueprints for building a time-machine.

They say you go utterly insane if you see your future or past self on a time-travel. I have no idea how that's a known fact. Phil, however, was sufficiently loco la cabeza already, so he didn't take any extra damage. The Fabric of Reality did, though. See, Phil had never actually been an axe-murderer, and none of what had happened earlier in the story was real. They had all been actors in a very low-budget soap opera. When Phil gave himself the time-machine design plans, he created a repeating temporal loop that threw everything out of whack. Their terrible soap script became their reality. Unaware of this, he built the time-machine, and went back in time to stop himself from killing all his victims, so he wouldn't be a murderer. He never had it in him to be one in the first place. This only secured the loop even more firmly, and every one who has ever met him are now with him in a bubble universe where no laws of nature seem to apply. 

Oh, and remember that Edgar stole his time-machine? Phil have built a new one to replace it, but the fact still remains that there's a madman travelling around in space and time, fracturing reality into more and more parallell timelines. It's very horrible!