Realistic Renders... NOT!! 12 "And we're back in the room!"

Comments

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited October 2013

no, i'm having poke through issues with tops and blouses and shirts. The clothes that came with Catgirl for Aiko 4 and Victoria 4 doesn't fit busty / full-figured ladies very well. I finally found some tops in my library that support the voluptuous morph for Victoria 4. I'll post a new render soon. :D

Bobvan, thanks for reminding me to add a spot light. I should save my light set as a preset so that I don't need to rebuild them from scratch.

Oh yeah, I'm using Daz Studio in case you are wondering. Maybe I should make my own dynamic clothes in Poser 9.

Post edited by starionwolf on
  • jorge dorlandojorge dorlando Posts: 1,156
    edited December 1969

and one Bruizer x M4

Render_4_modified.png
    1000 x 593 - 665K
  • HellboyHellboy Posts: 1,437
    edited December 1969

no, i'm having poke through issues with tops and blouses and shirts. The clothes that came with Catgirl for Aiko 4 and Victoria 4 doesn't fit busty / full-figured ladies very well. I finally found some tops in my library that support the voluptuous morph for Victoria 4. I'll post a new render soon. :D

Bobvan, thanks for reminding me to add a spot light. I should save my light set as a preset so that I don't need to rebuild them from scratch.

Oh yeah, I'm using Daz Studio in case you are wondering. Maybe I should make my own dynamic clothes in Poser 9.

Have you tried using collision detection with clothes? Might help.

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Oh, right,

I'm glad you found something that might work. I think the dynamic system in DS is different from Poser so the clothes many not port over quite as you expect.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

and one Bruizer x M4

Pretty cool render.

CHEERS!

edited October 2013

good news, I found some clothes that support V4 Elite Body Shapes without having to use morph follower.

i'm going to look through my runtime library to find more clothes that support morphs++ and the Fanatasia body shape.

stuff that I need to fix in this scene:
    lights
    camera angle - can't see fireplace
    hide leggins for Kay's leather
    add furniture :)

Hellboy, after I install Daz Studio 4, I will look at the collision detection. Thanks for reminding me.

Kay_leather.jpg
    640 x 480 - 269K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited October 2013

Rogerbee said:

Interesting,

I'm sure the Harrier would be left as is. The other annoying thing is that I doubt one will be preserved for displays. Due to idiotic CAA regulations many privately owned modern jets can't be flown, meaning that future generations will only see them in movies or on YouTube, such a disgrace.

CHEERS!

...here in the States the FAA does allow for flying of "vintage" (pre Vietnam era) privately owned jet fighters. There are several of the early jets like the F-86, MiG 15 & 17, and even an ME-262 which regularly make the airshow circuit. I'm sure one of the Marine bases, as well as the Smithsonian, will have a Harrier on static display when the type is finally retired. There is also hope NASA or another aeronautics research group might get their hands on one and possibly tour it around at airshows.

Private ownership of the more modern jets are an issue here as well as they are capable of supersonic flight which is prohibited outside of the military. The last flying F4 Phantom I saw was in 1986 at the Abbotsford Airshow in Canada, a few months after which, the unit which flew them replaced the celebrated Vietnam era fighter with F-15s. I really miss the old "Century Series" fighters (F100 [my favourite]*, F-101, F-102, F-104, F-105, F-106), as these are the jets I knew when I was growing up. None are flying today though I did get to see an RCAF F-101 put on a demonstration at an airshow in Everett Washington back in the 1980s.

(*Pictured below - unfortunately not rendered as there is only one 3D model and it's for 3DS which costs 20USD + 10USD for original customisable .psd textures).

North_American_F-100D_Super_Sabre_USAF.jpg
    1800 x 1068 - 726K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

good news, I found some clothes that support V4 Elite Body Shapes without having to use morph follower.

i'm going to look through my runtime library to find more clothes that support morphs++ and the Fanatasia body shape.

stuff that I need to fix in this scene:
    lights
    camera angle - can't see fireplace
    hide leggins for Kay's leather
    add furniture :)

Hellboy, after I install Daz Studio 4, I will look at the collision detection. Thanks for reminding me.

Good render,

It must be frustrating being stuck with DS3 when everyone else is advancing onward with DS4. You'll get there...

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

...here in the States the FAA does allow for flying of "vintage" (pre Vietnam era) privately owned jet fighters. There are several of the early jets like the F-86, MiG 15 & 17, and even an ME-262 which regularly make the airshow circuit. I'm sure one of the Marine bases, as well as the Smithsonian, will have a Harrier on static display when the type is finally retired. There is also hope NASA or another aeronautics research group might get their hands on one and possibly tour it around at airshows.

Private ownership of the more modern jets are an issue here as well as they are capable of supersonic flight which is prohibited outside of the military. The last flying F4 Phantom I saw was in 1986 at the Abbotsford Airshow in Canada, a few months after which, the unit which flew them replaced the celebrated Vietnam era fighter with F-15s. I really miss the old "Century Series" fighters (F100 [my favourite]*, F-101, F-102, F-104, F-105, F-106), as these are the jets I knew when I was growing up. None are flying today though I did get to see an RCAF F-101 put on a demonstration at an airshow in Everett Washington back in the 1980s.

(*Pictured below - unfortunately not rendered as there is only one 3D model and it's for 3DS which costs 20USD + 10USD for original customisable .psd textures).

Yeah, you're lucky over there. We do have an F-86 and a T-33. I was at an airshow in Wales in 1980 and got to see Lightnings and Phantoms flying and was around when the F-104's were still in service. I do miss the old jets though. I have seen an F-100 in the colours in that pic as we have one at my local aviation museum. Sadly it got painted over with a boring camo scheme, but, it is at least there.

I'll have to look for more 3D jets

CHEERS!

edited October 2013

...keep checking Share CG, that's where I find most of my historic aircraft. Seems lately there have been new models appearing quite regularly.

The Harrier I used is by Digimation (not free but not very expensive either)

That is terrible what they did to that F-100 for that was the USAF Thunderbirds demonstration team's colours. These were the jets the Thunderbrds were flying when I first saw them.

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:
    Oh, right,

I'm glad you found something that might work. I think the dynamic system in DS is different from Poser so the clothes many not port over quite as you expect.

CHEERS!

I believe that I can clothify conforming clothes in Poser 9's cloth room. Daz Dynamic cloth works on full figured women with one issue: Fantasia's butt and thighs poke through the cloth. I'll see if I can edit the cloth settings somehow. I might post a render when I have more time to play with Daz Studio.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...keep checking Share CG, that's where I find most of my historic aircraft. Seems lately there have been new models appearing quite regularly.

The Harrier I used is by Digimation (not free but not very expensive either)

That is terrible what they did to that F-100 for that was the USAF Thunderbirds demonstration team's colours. These were the jets the Thunderbrds were flying when I first saw them.

Bazze has a few on his site:

http://www.colacola.se/default.htm

Some are free and some aren't. I keep forgetting to check Share CG as I used them more when I had Poser.

What do you think of the new Genesis 2 Teen figure? I might get her starter pack tomorrow.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

...mildly disappointing. She reminds me more of a downsised Vicky than YT5 Julie. Some of the promos for the character morph sets make her look just like another fashion model rather than a normal teenager.

Thorne who created Julie and Justin has more of a feel for the petite physique required, which Josie seems to be lacking. Oh I know one can use the Genesis morphs to make adjustments but the base figure still looks more "adult" than Julie does "out of the box".

Then there's the clothing. Mum Grande would never let Leela go out to London's "West End Underplex" wearing some of what I see in the bundles and other add on clothing content. For example Urban Girl may be great for the Buffy fans but not everyday wear, at least not for the teen set. About the only clothing that looks anywhere appropriate is Afternoon Heat.

As I already have the Growing Up morphs for G2F, YT5 for Genesis 1, and a couple years of experience developing teen and even child characters from an adult fashion model figure, I feel I already have what I need.

edited December 1969

I see,

I never got round to YT5 and have previously not had all characters for every generation of figure. I may still go for her as there are still some usable morphs, textures and outfits that can be adapted to others via autofit.

I'm hoping they make something like Gen X for Genesis 2 so I can port V4 stuff over. I have quite a few heads that could benefit from more up to date bodies.

CHEERS!

edited October 2013

...the GenX update is on the way, what I feel is holding it up is the release of G2F/Mike6 as I'm sure D3D wants to have both genders included rather than doing a separate update for each.

That is something I'm still waiting on.

In the meantime, Zev0 will be releasing a version of the Growing Up morphs for Genesis 1 sometime this month so you may want to consider that instead of the Josie bundle, particularly if you have a lot of content for the original Genesis. You will be able to create kids & teens from just about any Genesis character, male or female, including creatures like the Troll (a lil' Bot Genesis?).

It most likely will be the same price 15.95$ less 30% at release (or maybe better if it comes out during the PC sale).

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/29681/

edited October 2013

observation: Kate's hair takes five times longer to render than Jessi's hair. I even turned off the shadows and image based lighting. Maybe Kate's hair uses fancy transparency effects instead of a dynamic skull cap.

The lighting looks fine in Poser's preview window. Guess I need to adjust the spotlight.

poser_firefly.jpg
    700 x 580 - 94K
    kate_bad_light.jpg
    371 x 575 - 36K
    edited October 2013

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...the GenX update is on the way, what I feel is holding it up is the release of G2F/Mike6 as I'm sure D3D wants to have both genders included rather than doing a separate update for each.

That is something I'm still waiting on.

In the meantime, Zev0 will be releasing a version of the Growing Up morphs for Genesis 1 sometime this month so you may want to consider that instead of the Josie bundle, particularly if you have a lot of content for the original Genesis. You will be able to create kids & teens from just about any Genesis character, male or female, including creatures like the Troll (a lil' Bot Genesis?).

It most likely will be the same price 15.95$ less 30% at release (or maybe better if it comes out during the PC sale).

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/29681/

Yeah, you're probably right about M6, that said, it took ages for there to be an M4 when V4 ruled the roost.

I got Josie's bundle, I wanted a texture or two ready for G2 and some outfits I didn't need to autofit. I still have loads of V4 clothes I can use so I won't be stuck for anything. Until M6 I think I'll start getting more scenes so I can get the most out LDPR.

By the time I'm back into 3D full time I'll have a huge arsenal of stuff to play with so I'm unlikely to get bored with DS any time soon

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
    edited December 1969

observation: Kate's hair takes five times longer to render than Jessi's hair. I even turned off the shadows and image based lighting. Maybe Kate's hair uses fancy transparency effects instead of a dynamic skull cap.

The lighting looks fine in Poser's preview window. Guess I need to adjust the spotlight.

It's been ages since I really did much with Poser, below are some render settings I used to use. You can ignore the settings for indirect light if you're not going to use it. They give good results.

CHEERS!

Render_Settings.jpg
    660 x 580 - 55K
    edited October 2013

hi, thanks for the tips. I'll play with Poser 9 later.

Here is a quick test render of young teen Julie and Teen Josie 6. I'll fix it up later after lunch. Sorry for the small size but I only have a 17 inch monitor. Maybe I'll zoom the camera in for the next render.

Daz Studio 4 uses 600 MB of memory for this scene.

edit: i really should change the render settings too. :red: The weird shadows and lines on Josie aren't supposed to appear on her.

Genesis_comparison.jpg
    590 x 576 - 128K
    edited December 1969

Nice,

I'd change the camera angle a little too, that way you won't see the edge of the set. This is why I mainly do portraits as there isn't much else in the scene!

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Quick update on my last render. The dark artifacts/banding is gone. I would have changed Josie's outfit but I want to show everyone something. I now see seams on Josie's skin. I guess I need to edit the shading rate for 3Delight and the texture.

Josie_seams.jpg
    460 x 576 - 100K
  • BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited December 1969
    10299830146_c048ff1965_c.jpg
    800 x 426 - 183K
  • BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited December 1969
    10299830146_c048ff1965_c.jpg
    800 x 426 - 129K
  • DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

I did this one i think a couple months ago. a month and a half ago something like that anyway.

I don't think the back ground turned out too bad on this one. The character could have looked a bit more menacing i suppose.
    She looks more like, "what, there is a battle going on behind me? Oh well i still have time to pose."

The_Unforgiving_Blade_jpg.jpg
    1134 x 1603 - 535K
    edited December 1969

Quick update on my last render. The dark artifacts/banding is gone. I would have changed Josie's outfit but I want to show everyone something. I now see seams on Josie's skin. I guess I need to edit the shading rate for 3Delight and the texture.

Yeah, I do remember seeing those, and yeah, it could be the shading rate. You'll just have to give it a try and see what happens. I'm sure there's something in the tutorials about it.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Bobvan said:

Great stuff as always, you never seem to run out of ideas.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

I did this one i think a couple months ago. a month and a half ago something like that anyway.

I don't think the back ground turned out too bad on this one. The character could have looked a bit more menacing i suppose.
    She looks more like, "what, there is a battle going on behind me? Oh well i still have time to pose."

Great looking render,

It has a Chris Achilleos feel to it, something I've always admired.

CHEERS!

edited October 2013

Voluptuous stone lady. I need to buy some the Fantsy Castle Grounds for $1.99 from the Platinum Club store. I might buy some more castle related items for $1.99. All I have is the old castle set that isn't in the store any more.

stone_lady.jpg
    507 x 576 - 163K
  • Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
    edited December 1969

very nice render , only the pose is not very appropriate ;o)

wich armor do you use ?

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

thadeus72 said:

very nice render , only the pose is not very appropriate ;o)

wich armor do you use ?

that would be Dark Apocalypse: Vermillion Dawn

This discussion has been closed.