Installing Shaders

Daz Studio 4.11

Hope you can help. I do not use the DIM tool for any of my purchases and install all items manually in to Directories. That way I know where everything is. However, I don't seem to have any Shaders showing anywhere? When I go to Surfaces - Presets, there is nothing there, no Uber or any other Shaders? So, is it as simple as creating a Folder in my Directory, and maybe call it "Shaders" and then put all my down loaded shaders in it, will they show up in the Surface- Presets window?

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Start using DIM, you can tell it where to install to so you still know where everything is and is best for true shaders and plug-ins since there are files in these that to go places other than just the content library.

• The Presets tabs in property panes depend on the Content Management System - are you using the default locations for the files within the content directory, and are you importing metadata to add them to the database? If not you will need to manually categorise them and edit their metadata to tell DS they are shader presets (or pose presets or whatever) if you want to access them through that pane. Also, you will need to have at least one object and at least one surface on the object selected.

• Thanks. I'll give it a try.