[Released] RSSY Hair Converter from Genesis 2 Male to Genesis 8 Male [Commercial]

RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344
edited March 2019 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Use your favorite Genesis 2 Male Hair without limitations on your Genesis 8 Male characters! Automatically convert almost your entire library of Hair items using the new Hair Converter from Genesis 2 Male to Genesis 8 Male! The Hair Converter scripts provide batch execution for automatically converting your Genesis 2 Male Hair to Genesis 8 Male Hair in your library. Easily select the hair items in your library, select an output directory, and execute the script. Even better, icons and categories are copied from your original Genesis 2 Male hair to the new Genesis 8 Male hair items.

Your new Genesis 2 Male hair is completely Smart Content aware! They will show up when you select a Genesis 8 Male. Plus, all materials shown in Smart Content for your Genesis 2 item will show for your converted Genesis 8 item.

The Hair Converter script does not work with wearables (e.g., multi-pair hair). Items without metadata can be converted but will not show up in Smart Content. They may also need to be converted using a Force Convert Item(s) button.  The script may not be able to convert all hair items without issues. Mid and high-level ponytails that were originally moved with bones will lose that functionality during the conversion process.

Features

• Convert Genesis 2 Male Hair for use by Genesis 8 Males.
  • Adds new movement bones to converted hair, adding functionality the original products lacked
  • Copies icons from Genesis 2 Male hair to Genesis 8 Male hair for a professional look
  • Converted Hair are Smart Content enabled! All materials shown in Smart Content for your Genesis 2 item will show for your converted Genesis 8 item.
  • Automatically convert almost your entire library of hair with one operation!

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Comments

• Yay! But this has not been released as the title suggests.
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344
    Yay! But this has not been released as the title suggests.

Whoops!  Nice catch. laugh Fixed.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949

laugh

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395

@RiverSoftArt  you're really building an awesome collection of converters! ^^

when you're done with the general palette to/fro all generations, would you consider also doing cross-gender converters? especially long hair from female generations to other male generations is almost or totally impossible to fit - the only solution is to parent without autofitting, and depending on the pose the result is very meh - while autofitting makes it halfway impossible to use... i don't use female clothing too often on males, just the occasional outfit and generally it fits, but hair is hell... and i love some of my older models. also hair doesn't come cheap.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745

One more for the collection! 

• DaikatanaDaikatana Posts: 827

Looking forward to this one

when you're done with the general palette to/fro all generations, would you consider also doing cross-gender converters? especially long hair from female generations to other male generations is almost or totally impossible to fit - the only solution is to parent without autofitting, and depending on the pose the result is very meh - while autofitting makes it halfway impossible to use... i don't use female clothing too often on males, just the occasional outfit and generally it fits, but hair is hell... and i love some of my older models. also hair doesn't come cheap.

You're welcome!  Sickleyield and I have discussed doing the cross-gender converters.  They are on our list.  As long as you all keep supporting us, we will keep making them.

Cybersox said:

One more for the collection! 

Daikatana said:

Looking forward to this one

Excellent!  Good to hear!

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395

You're welcome!  Sickleyield and I have discussed doing the cross-gender converters.  They are on our list.  As long as you all keep supporting us, we will keep making them.

YAY! :D

And it is released!

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949

laughmine thank you very much!!

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,524
    edited March 2019
    Mike802pic01.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 159K
    Post edited by Artini on
    carrie58 said:

laughmine thank you very much!!

You're welcome!

Artini said:

Thank you again @Artini for your support and for sharing.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,524

Thanks a lot for another great converter.

Artini said:

Thanks a lot for another great converter.

You are quite welcome!

• GafftheHorseGafftheHorse Posts: 567
    edited April 2019

Hi

Is there any reason the converter would fail to recognise G2M Basic Hair (also a few others*) - I've been loading the entire Hair folder and weeding out ponytails and beards from the list, but noticed the list was short.

* Basic hair, bold hair, casual hair, tristan hair, funky hair

Post edited by GafftheHorse on
  • 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,276

Just checked it didn't do Basic and Bold for me either. Don't have Casual or Tristan to confirm.

Hi

Is there any reason the converter would fail to recognise G2M Basic Hair (also a few others*) - I've been loading the entire Hair folder and weeding out ponytails and beards from the list, but noticed the list was short.

I will check, but the log would tell you.  Probably a metadata problem.

• Hi

I will check, but the log would tell you.  Probably a metadata problem.

Oh, yeah (I blame the nightcap or two I had before sitting down at the 'puter, for not thinking of checking the log or that there was a log).

Some hair .dufs the converter won't even load though. Reports 'not a hair file' or something. I'll try to compile two lists, ones that it won't convert and ones it won't load for the conversion list, and report back.

• Are Michael 4 and Victoria 4 hair converters planned?

edited April 2019

Are Michael 4 and Victoria 4 hair converters planned?

That is still up in the air.  Since I started with Daz way after M4/V4, I don't have a lot of those hair items.  It will be up to how well the converters keep selling and to Sickleyield.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • Are Michael 4 and Victoria 4 hair converters planned?

That is still up in the air.  Since I started with Daz way after M4/V4, I don't have a lot of those hair items.  It will be up to how well the converters keep selling and to Sickleyield.

Thanks, I'll wait

• An V4/M4 hair converter is something I would get.

Are Michael 4 and Victoria 4 hair converters planned?

Thanks, I'll wait

An V4/M4 hair converter is something I would get.

That is good to know.  Thanks.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited September 2019

For some reason I am experiencing an odd issue. All the hair converted seems to "hover above the head. It looks a little "raised". I converted a mohawk to show the issue specifically. Am I doing something wrong or should I do something to counteract this? It is not just the mohawk, all converted hair seems a little raised, oddly enough.

MohawkofHovering.jpg
    1241 x 843 - 66K
    Post edited by Chohole on

I have tried it with other G2M hair sets and the same occurs. I have used the G2F converter for G8M without incident, FYI.

• RKane_1 said:

I have tried it with other G2M hair sets and the same occurs. I have used the G2F converter for G8M without incident, FYI.

We just tested it and are unable to replicate the error, including with the DA Mohawk.  I would try reinstalling the script, make sure you have the latest version.  Also, do you have one of the other male hair converters?  (if so, does it show the same behavior?)  My thought is that there is something wonky with your installation but I don't know what.

I uninstalled it and Genesis 2 as well then reinstalled and no disce. I think maybe I have the clones product from Sickleyield. Maybe that is an issue. Maybe I should update that as well. It's weird that it does it with G2M and NOT G2F.

• RKane_1 said:

I uninstalled it and Genesis 2 as well then reinstalled and no disce. I think maybe I have the clones product from Sickleyield. Maybe that is an issue. Maybe I should update that as well. It's weird that it does it with G2M and NOT G2F.

I wouldn't expect the clone products to be the issue.  Let's start with the basics.  You are loading the generic Genesis 8 Male?  Are there any morphs that are currently used?  Is the scale at 100%?