[Released] RSSY Hair Converter from Genesis 2 Male to Genesis 8 Male [Commercial]

Comments

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited September 2019

Okay, I don't think it is the fault of your convertor either. I tried normal autofit and that doesn't seem to work either. I get the same problem. 

I will do a check for active morphs on both G2M and G8M when i get home tonight. Thanks for helping me figure out what is going on. :)

Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • RKane_1 said:

Okay, I don't think it is the fault of your convertor either. I tried normal autofit and that doesn't seem to work either. I get the same problem. 

I will do a check for active morphs on both G2M and G8M when i get home tonight. Thanks for helping me figure out what is going on. :)

Strange.  I have to admit I am glad it is not the script's fault smiley  I had no idea how to fix it!

RKane_1 said:

Strange.  I have to admit I am glad it is not the script's fault smiley  I had no idea how to fix it!

yeah, your stuff is gold. I was so surprised when it happened and a little relieved when I found out it was something on my end BUT, I still want to know how to fix it. I have tons of content that needs to be converted. :)

• RKane_1 said:
    RKane_1 said:

yeah, your stuff is gold. I was so surprised when it happened and a little relieved when I found out it was something on my end BUT, I still want to know how to fix it. I have tons of content that needs to be converted. :)

I don't know how to help.  Since there is an auto-fit problem, I would try the other forums that Daz monitors or submit a ticket?

RKane_1 said:
    RKane_1 said:

I don't know how to help.  Since there is an auto-fit problem, I would try the other forums that Daz monitors or submit a ticket?

I wonder if there is a problem with my "Clone" of G2M and if so, how I redownload that?

• RKane_1 said:
    RKane_1 said:
    RKane_1 said:

I wonder if there is a problem with my "Clone" of G2M and if so, how I redownload that?

Maybe try uninstalling and installing Genesis 2 Starters Essentials product?

RKane_1 said:
    RKane_1 said:
    RKane_1 said:

First thing I did and no effect. :\

I wonder if the "clone" for clothing I have is corrupt and, if so, is that something I can get fixed by other means.

• RKane_1 said:
    RKane_1 said:
    RKane_1 said:
    RKane_1 said:

I wonder if the "clone" for clothing I have is corrupt and, if so, is that something I can get fixed by other means.

I wouldn't expect it is the conformers if that is what you mean.  Reinstalling the product should fix that.  When you load in the hair and select currently used (with hidden properties on), are there any unexpected morphs on?

RKane_1 said:
    RKane_1 said:
    RKane_1 said:
    RKane_1 said:

I wouldn't expect it is the conformers if that is what you mean.  Reinstalling the product should fix that.  When you load in the hair and select currently used (with hidden properties on), are there any unexpected morphs on?

Keep in mind, this is happening with all hair and head clothing/hats.

I can try that tonight.

• RKane_1 said:
    RKane_1 said:
    RKane_1 said:
    RKane_1 said:
    RKane_1 said:

I can try that tonight.

Oh yeah. Then this shouldn't be the problem sad  I am at a loss for why this is happening.

RKane_1 said:
    RKane_1 said:
    RKane_1 said:
    RKane_1 said:
    RKane_1 said:

I can try that tonight.

Oh yeah. Then this shouldn't be the problem sad  I am at a loss for why this is happening.

And no one else has this problem, huh? Crapola. :(

Happy your product is working, just wish it would do it for me. *pout*

• RKane_1 said:
    RKane_1 said:
    RKane_1 said:
    RKane_1 said:
    RKane_1 said:
    RKane_1 said:

I can try that tonight.

And no one else has this problem, huh? Crapola. :(

Happy your product is working, just wish it would do it for me. *pout*

I would talk to Daz.  SInce there is a problem with auto-fit too (which has nothing to do with the script), it is a DS issue and they may know what to do.

I now realize that I readded the genesis 2 and 8 figures via DIM BUT they look like they are also Connect (GAK! I *HATE* Connect) as well. I will try to take them both off and reinstall tonight to see if THAT does anything.

edited September 2019

WOOHOO!!! 

I got it fixed!

The problem was that I had originally installed Gen 2 Male through the dreaded DAZ Connect and even though I uninstalled it and reinstalled in in DIM, it had no effect. 

I uninstalled Gen 2 & 8 Male in DAZ Connect, deleted 'em. Uninstalled 'em in DIM and then made sure I was not logged into DAZ Connect and used DIM to reinstall them.

This solved my problem!

WOOT!

MohawkOfSuccess.png
    537 x 800 - 507K
  • RKane_1 said:

WOOHOO!!! 

I got it fixed!

The problem was that I had originally installed Gen 2 Male through the dreaded DAZ Connect and even though I uninstalled it and reinstalled in in DIM, it had no effect. 

I uninstalled Gen 2 & 8 Male in DAZ Connect, deleted 'em. Uninstalled 'em in DIM and then made sure I was not logged into DAZ Connect and used DIM to reinstall them.

This solved my problem!

WOOT!

YES!  I am very happy for you!  I am glad you fixed it and thank you for sharing for your solution.

I am actually most happy it had nothing to do with your program as i would hate to find anything wrong with your stuff cause i really appreciate your hard work and would hate to rain on your parade. i am thankful it was an issue i could resolve and now.... to spend the weekend converting hair. :)

edited September 2019

*sigh*

Okay, I had it work ONE TIME. Then there was some sort of update of Genesis 8 male, I think, and now the problem is back. I even uninstalled G8M, G2M *AND* the converter and reinstalled. 

NO JOY.

The problem is back. 

I have never had this kind of problem before except with the G2 to G8 series. I will keep experimenting. *sigh*

Does anyone else have this issue? Have you solved it? If so, how, please? :(

edited September 2019

Okay, it does seem to be the convertor now. Oddly enough. I had JUST used simple autofit for the mohawk above thinking the problem was solved but after conversion...

TRAGEDY! :(

I went back to trying to be more scientific about it. I uninstalled G2M starter and G8M start essentials as well as even the converter. I made sure I had none of them in DAZ Connect and all were DIM downloads and reinstalled them through DIM.

I took three hair sets. I show each on G2M, G8M using Autofit, and G8M with converted hair.

Type        G2M                                                   G8M Autofitted                                G8M Converted with Converter

DA Mohawk
    Scott Hair
    Rievel Hair

In eacvh one their is a perceptible lift on the forehead.

I have double checked each figure prior to conversion to ensure no morphs have been stuck in the "On" position or anything.

I am at a loss.

1_G2M DA Mohawk.png
    350 x 350 - 97K
    2_G8M DA Mohawk-Autofit.png
    350 x 350 - 98K
    3_G8M DA Mohawk - Converted.png
    350 x 350 - 101K
    4_G2M Scott Hair .png
    350 x 350 - 75K
    5_G8M Scott Hair - autofit .png
    350 x 350 - 74K
    6_G8M Scott Hair - Converted.png
    350 x 350 - 87K
    7_G2M Reivel.png
    350 x 350 - 81K
    8_G8M Rieivel-Autofit.png
    350 x 350 - 75K
    9-G8M Rievel - Converted.png
    350 x 350 - 78K

And I still think it something I have wrong with my system because I remember this occuring with just regular autofit but it does not anymore since I have gone through the steps of reinstalling everything.

• RKane_1 said:

*sigh*

Okay, I had it work ONE TIME. Then there was some sort of update of Genesis 8 male, I think, and now the problem is back. I even uninstalled G8M, G2M *AND* the converter and reinstalled. 

NO JOY.

The problem is back. 

I have never had this kind of problem before except with the G2 to G8 series. I will keep experimenting. *sigh*

Does anyone else have this issue? Have you solved it? If so, how, please? :(

I am so sorry @RKane_1  We do not know what could be causing this.  

Does the convertor rely on a clone of G2 or G8 in my system that may NOT have been updated when I reinstalled?

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,371
    edited September 2019
    RKane_1 said:

Does the convertor rely on a clone of G2 or G8 in my system that may NOT have been updated when I reinstalled?

No, it doesn't (or at least I don't think so).  The script loads in the conformer and engages its morph to pull the hair to where it thinks it should be.  I will refer this question again to Sickleyield to see if she has any more ideas. (Edit: at least I will once I get email back.  sad  It has been 24 hours now)

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

I do think I have other products like Sickle's own clones but I am not sure if I have one that is used for G2. I will have to go look. Maybe it needs to be either reinstalled or uninstalled. Experiments continue. Thank you for all your help. :)

• RKane_1 said:

I do think I have other products like Sickle's own clones but I am not sure if I have one that is used for G2. I will have to go look. Maybe it needs to be either reinstalled or uninstalled. Experiments continue. Thank you for all your help. :)

Sickleyield and I have been discussing it and we don't know what is wrong.  Reinstalling Daz Studio should work but I couldn't recommend it.  You are of course welcome to return.  Sorry.

I would hate to give up, though. I love your stuff and want to support your wonderful work. :(

It is not happening with G2F on the convertor, so here is that. I found a set of freebie thrid party clones and I am going to try them and see if it helps.

• RKane_1 said:

It is not happening with G2F on the convertor, so here is that. I found a set of freebie thrid party clones and I am going to try them and see if it helps.

So it is something about the G2M.  I really wonder what got messed up on your G2M.

RKane_1 said:

So it is something about the G2M.  I really wonder what got messed up on your G2M.

I know, right? I am wondering if I somehow screwed it up in my attempts to morph it or such. I must go home tonight and check for any extraneous morphs that are hiding in my folders. I tried reinstalling but if there is a hidden morph somewhere on the clone alone in my many directories, I am thinking that may be the culprit. :)

• RKane_1 said:
    RKane_1 said:

I know, right? I am wondering if I somehow screwed it up in my attempts to morph it or such. I must go home tonight and check for any extraneous morphs that are hiding in my folders. I tried reinstalling but if there is a hidden morph somewhere on the clone alone in my many directories, I am thinking that may be the culprit. :)

That is usually the problem.  It is hard to find them though.  Good luck! smiley

Did some "File surgery" and removed all of my morphs from G2M and th issue is still occuring. Should I also reinstalled G2M, G8M, and the converter, you think? Or will simply removing the morphs then reopening DAZ solve the issue?