Carrara Academy for Light of Heaven

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,106
    edited December 1969

I wasn't reallty thinking fluid. More like fireworks exploding one ater the other from the same point.. Or likuew whatever's takiung pliace at, like, 0:20 in this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MlhQA5Jupg&feature=player_embedded

Sorry, my sight isn't the best. lol

Yes, you have it right. Carrara certainly has all of the power and facility that you need to do this stuff - and particles is an incredibly popular method - because it's such a versatile and (I know I keep using this word) powerful. One of the really great features we have in the particles emitters is the "Facing Camera" particle - which then you simply use a flat texture to determine the output appearance. You can the set the shader to act by particle, and then you have a choice of the particles age or... etc.,
    In this way you may use a color gradient who's place along the gradient is determined by particle, and what portion of the particle you select to control it - like age, for my example since I cannot recall of hand the others.
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

I wasn't reallty thinking fluid. More like fireworks exploding one ater the other from the same point.. Or likuew whatever's takiung pliace at, like, 0:20 in this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MlhQA5Jupg&feature=player_embedded

Sorry, my sight isn't the best. lol

Well, going by your previous post, it wasn't fireworks behavior that you described, it was fluid behavior. :-S

For the fireworks like effect you're asking about in this post, have you tried any of the settings in the particle emitters' Advanced tab under Spawning? You can select the spawning at either collisions or age, but not both. There's even a check box to allow spawning of spawned particles. I would use that with caution though, as it could quickly bog down your system.

Good luck!

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

I know that many Carrara users and faithful CG FX artists scorn me when I say this, but I've often thought that, whith the power of Carrara's texture room being able to really manipulate appearances, Nerd3d's Slash Tool and/or other fun effects products from Nerd3d might be just what the doctor ordered. I am going to be working on a new method of fluids for Carrara VERY soon. It's one of the next things on my list. No... it won't be 'true' fluid physics simulation. But rather, a great way of simulating moving fluids in your renders. I've been studying for this for quite some time.

Anyways, I haven't messed with them for some time now... but Nerd3d's effects tools for Poser are really well made products - hence my recommending trying them. I have The Waterfall Tool and the Thunder River and Tropical Cove sets that go with it and the effects of the waterfall tool are really cool! Plus the river in Thunder River contains special morphs - then you go to Nerd3d's website (as noted in the ReadMe, I believe) to pick up the pose files to make the river flow during animation shots, and also placement/scaling poses for the waterfall tool - makes it line up perfectly in all of the locations within thunder river that were made to use it. Really well thought out - and again, with the power of Carrara's Texture room... ;)

Also have the Rain Tool which contains buckets of falling rain drop with a master control object for animating them and setting up their behaviors and shapes, etc., and then another tool that makes the splashes on the ground. To round out the effect, he gives you more isolated drops and splashes that you can add to individual surfaces - when a whole broadcast effect wouldn't be the way to go. Again, master controls... really cool!

Embarrassingly enough, I don't have any more of his 'effects' products - an overlooked problem that I think I shall soon rectify when Rosie gives me another allowance! :) Because the splash tool, spray tool, footprints tool, and others are certainly items that I've been wanting to add to my arsenal!

Have you seen this? http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/10339/

Never tried it, but it has "real" fluids, IU think.

I wasn't reallty thinking fluid. More like fireworks exploding one ater the other from the same point.. Or likuew whatever's takiung pliace at, like, 0:20 in this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MlhQA5Jupg&feature=player_embedded Sorry, my sight isn't the best. lol

Well, going by your previous post, it wasn't fireworks behavior that you described, it was fluid behavior. :-S

For the fireworks like effect you're asking about in this post, have you tried any of the settings in the particle emitters' Advanced tab under Spawning? You can select the spawning at either collisions or age, but not both. There's even a check box to allow spawning of spawned particles. I would use that with caution though, as it could quickly bog down your system.

Good luck!

Sorry, I'm not always good at explaining things. lol. Just to clear it up, the effect I was trying to describe is the repetitive outward push of particles in all directions from a single point. I tried an emitter with a point force set to a negative number that increases and decreases, but i jussssssst couldn't figure it out.

I've never treied spawning. I'm not een sure how it works. Gonna messa with it now.i

edited December 1969

I did it! Er...no, I didn't...

Using spawning, I managed to make a niucely shaped thingy. But it seems like it just appears instead of exploding outward. And even with collision enabled, it doesn't seem to hit my plane

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited December 1969

I moved your keyframe to end and eased out the tweener 0-79%

loh.gif
    640 x 480 - 749K
    edited December 1969

Sneaky keyframe!

Thanks, that's better than what i renderedjjjjjjjjj.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Happy to see that you're still learning, Jacob. Keep at it. Now you do one and let us see it.

edited December 1969

Anne, you can see a vid o my messed up on in my FB group.

edited December 1969

Here's a new one...

atest2.gif
    640 x 480 - 769K
    edited December 1969

I Still find it crappy. Back to fiddling.

edited December 1969

I'm bored, so in yo' face. :D

srtar.gif
    640 x 480 - 2M
    edited September 2013

For Jacob in reference to Skype post
    C8.1

Untitled.jpg
    1044 x 566 - 126K
    Untitled.jpg
    1919 x 1033 - 391K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

C8.5

Untitled.jpg
    830 x 799 - 187K
    edited October 2013

a quick emotiguy skin texture for you
    and a better one
    America in front below

Doc5.png
    2000 x 2000 - 3M
    Doc4.png
    2000 x 2000 - 3M
    earth.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 269K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

Cool, but shouldn't the shadowed part of the texture be, like, neutralized?

edited December 1969

And I'm back. Ready to continue making a bouncing ball. Will I ever get it finished?

edited December 1969

You can do it
    Put your mind into it

edited December 1969

and your mouse
    ask questions too.

edited December 1969

Jacob and Wendy, thank you so much for your support and confidence. My content files are in such a mess I may never get anything done. Plus, I seem to have forgotten everything I had learned about Carrara. When I gave up last night and went to bed, my blood pressure was 172/109, pulse down to 70. Today will be rest and try to take it easy.

edited December 1969

Psh, detention for Anne...liol

Start by going to Insert affffffnd click Sphere. Then go tox Insert again and add a plane.

Find the hair icoo and drag and drop it onto the SPHERE.

Right now, you have a ball with hair about a foot long.. if that's good enough, hit the drape icon.

After drape, go8 back to the assembly room.

I'lli toss the next part to Wendy or someone....

edited December 1969

But, Teach, it's not my fault. I had some questions, but by the time I found this freaking thread tonight I had forgotten the questions. Glad you posted. I was looking in the NewComers forum, not Carrara. I seem to always get hung up with content. I'm trying to do the first CarraTOR challenge--animate a bouncing ball. I'm going to bed now and will check in the morning. Maybe I'll remember my questions by then.

edited December 1969

New strategy.

I give up.

I'm going to delete everything Carrara from my computer. When it's clean, I'll try downloading and installing Carrara again, no betas allowed. This time I will not let Carrara detect runtimes.

edited December 1969

Well, make sure it's completely from your PC before reinstall. But...what's wrong with your content?

8.5 was released, y'know?

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,106
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    New strategy.

I give up.

I'm going to delete everything Carrara from my computer. When it's clean, I'll try downloading and installing Carrara again, no betas allowed. This time I will not let Carrara detect runtimes.

How are you going about doing this? Are you using DIM?
    Everything else aside, I prefer DIM when it comes to anything Genesis related stuff, because the DIM can uninstall prior to reinstalling - which some Genesis fixes require - without getting the dreaded I/O Error messages.

My DAZ 3D Install Manager 101 Video Tutorial is a screen capture of myself reinstalling everything via DIM - and might have something useful for you.

If you're not using DIM, or have any other questions about anything - anything... Anne... we're here to help. I haven't been here much lately - but I'll try and chek back here for any questions you might have, and LightofHeaven appears to be on call as well... we need to get you Carraraizing ASAP!!!

edited December 1969

I think some of this can be cleaned up by merging folders. I will uninstall what I can with DIM. DIM is my best friend and buddy, but looks like sometimes things weren't uninstalled before installing a new version. Or maybe it's something I installed manually and never uninstalled.

Capture_C-ProgramFiles.JPG
    389 x 561 - 30K
    Capture_F_MyPassport.JPG
    304 x 547 - 28K
    Capture_F_MyPassport_Carrara.JPG
    504 x 242 - 27K
    edited December 1969

And I also have these folders.

Capture_F_MyPassport_Carrara_Content.JPG
    400 x 596 - 38K
    Capture_F_MyPassport_Carrara_Data7.JPG
    332 x 271 - 18K
    Capture_F_MyPassport_Carrara_Presets.JPG
    304 x 434 - 24K
    edited December 1969

This may be the last of my folders, not sure. Some are full app folders, some are partial, some are empty. WTF have I been doing?

These don't show all the executables and zips I have saved. Why? All I can say is I'm a pack rat and I might NEED them someday.

Capture_F_MyPassport_Carrara_Users.JPG
    354 x 329 - 22K
    Capture_F_MyPassport_Users.JPG
    322 x 462 - 25K
    edited December 1969

It looks like you're adding folders yourself. I wouldn't do that... Here, I'll snip mine...

edited December 1969

I also found CarraraProTrial_7.1.1.37_windows.exe sitting on my desktop. I don't think I want C7 so this could be stored over on my G drive.

edited December 1969

This is pretty much the only folder I use for Rara.

snip2.JPG
    1189 x 538 - 79K